Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 10

Replies (300)

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 9, 2012 2:28pm

Good morning ladies! The thread is so quiet, I guess cause everyone feels yuck. I am feeling comparatively good today. I have been eating and everything, it's so nice. Even woke up last night to snack on some cheese and two glasses of milk! I am sure it is just a temporary reprieve, but at least it will let me have a break, last week was miserable! I am hoping all you sick ladies get a day or two break soon too.

susy - that happened to me a couple weeks ago lol! Symptoms kinda faded, I start worrying - then bam *SICK*

esperanza - I'm glad that since you are "elderly" you will get some extra care and looksies at the little bean!

knicole - I got to brush my teeth this morning! All of them! My mouth feels so nice

coomy - maybe try some water with lemon? might help mask the taste, if you like lemon. Or stick with the power/gatorade, you will need the salt especially if you do get sick.

Probably missed some people, sorry about that! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 9, 2012 3:30pm

Hey guys. Will do personals later but I'm overdue for an update:

Went to my first monthly doc visit. All normal. Very embarrasing to step on the scale fully clothed at 6pm after stuffing my face. Ah well. I've gained 3.5 lbs so far (by my scale, like 15 million zillion by theirs). Probably too many hamburgers!

Apparently where I am the NT scan isn't covered. I can do two rounds of blood work and then if that comes back bad, an amnio. Doubt I'd do an amnio but may as well do the bloodwork. Anyone else in the same boat?

Went to go swimming for the first time since my BFP as I've been feeling ok lately. Literally walking to the door and then WHAM, nausea. I threw up for the first (and so far only) day a few days ago and it feels just like that did. So no swimming for me. Hopefully next week is better.

elizabethwig

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 9, 2012 4:19pm

Eliz--awww, sorry about the swimming! I'm sure you'll get back to it soon!!!

Sooooo tired...and the constant hunger is back too. Gotta go to the store today and load up on healthy snacks, I'm almost out and the vending machine at the office is calling my name!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 9, 2012 4:42pm

Today is a little better. I drove 1/4 mile a little bit ago and I got dizzy so def no more driving today. If I can get rid of this weakness and dizziness I may go to work tomorrow...if my husband lets me. I was finally able to eat and drink last night so no ER trip thank goodness. And no vomiting is my greatest accomplishment so far, still a little nauseous though.

Leniana: I was just thinking about sending my husband to town for some lemons. I read that this one lady turned her lemon water into a slushy and she was able to drink it better that way, so maybe I'll give that a try. Gatorade been thinking about that too, but none of the flavors sounded good:( and I used to like it

Elizabeth: Sorry you couldn't go swimming, we all know you were looking forward to going too. Maybe when you get into the 2nd trimester you can try again.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 9, 2012 6:26pm

Morning ladies!

Leniana- I am hopeful for you that your m/s maybe starting to relieve itself since you are getting oh so ever closer to the 2nd trimester! fx! I honestly felt pretty ok yesterday. I too even had a late night snack of peanut butter toast... and pickles haha. I find though my worst days of each week fall on fridays and saturdays which are around the friggin corner. We will see. This morning I had a chilled glass of milk. it was really good. I put a glass in the freezer for a few hours then added milk. Wow and yum. I really enjoy very cold things. Milk seems to also help some with heartburn.

Elizabeth- Ah man... what a bummer! I used to go to water aerobics classes in the mornings 3 times a week...but i have not gone since my bfp either. I decided I was not going to try until the 2nd trimester...which also means i need a maternity swim suit. oh well.. heres to trying again in a few weeks! fx!

Auburnmama- I had the hubby pick me up a bunch of fruit yesterday.. and pickles. lol. or else yah.. I would eat not so great things for me even though Doctor has told me i need to start gaining weight soon..

Coomy- Glad today is better! just keep sipping what you can. I am myself trying to find alternatives to water as well. Oh I found that popsicles work well too... and my doctor told me that also eating grapes if you can counts as water intake because they made up of nearly all water. Also even sucking on ice counts he said... I am about to buy some fruit juices and freezing them in ice cube trays to suck on? .. hmm idk.. trying to find alternatives here because water is not my friend lately.

AFM- feeling ok today. I tend to have nausea in the mornings upon waking and this morning was not much of an exception but its manageable. My fave morning breakfast lately seems to be peanut butter toast so i am going to have that again here in a minute. Also I have had crazy weird vivid dreams since I believe implantation.. as that was really one of my only symptoms during 6dpo-14dpo .. anyways... still have them nearly every night.. extremely weird 95% of the time. lol
ohhhh and i have pooped TWO DAYS IN A ROW!! thats a record for me! and today I didn't have to even strain that hard! woot woot!!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 9, 2012 7:11pm

ooh sorry girls, but I somehow need your reassurance.

Today again, hardly any nausea (last week I couldn't go to work because of the nausea). My boobs are still sore if I touch them, mostly the nipple (sorry tmi) and I have some stabbing abdominal pains. I can eat everything again, I am really hungry in the morning and even get thirsty again.

Last time I m/c'd with 8 weeks and 6 days, today it is 8 weeks and 4 days. I am just so scared to lose my little one.

Are these diminishing symptoms a sign? Or is it nothing?

Not sure why I am so insecure all of the sudden but I can use some reassurance...

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 9, 2012 8:22pm

Knicole: I'll have to try popsicles and the freezing juice cubes(maybe try gatorade that way). I put watered down strawberry lemonade in the freezer so hopefully by supper time I'll have a slushy . I haven't tried grapes yet, I don't like the purple ones and the green ones depend on my mood, maybe with the sourness they'll settle ok.

Susy: I'm sure everything is ok. My symptoms come and go as they please, one week I'm barely nauseous and the next(like this week) I'm really sick and can't get out of bed. The boob soreness, thats another thing that comes and goes for me, one day they are alright just nipples are sensitive to a few days later its ouch don't even look at them sore.I understand the worry about m/c, I m/c with my 1st pregnancy at 13 weeks. I'd say as long as the abdominal pains aren't accompanied with bleeding you should be just fine. But if your that concerned call you OB and tell them whats going on, or just make a trip to the ER and they'll most likely do an u/s especially if you've had a m/c before. Thoughts are with you

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 9, 2012 9:04pm

Nicole, Coomy, thx for your encouragement. It's late already, sweet dreams everyone.

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 9, 2012 9:25pm

Coomy- i LOVE stuff and can tolerate stuff slushy cold. I am trying something new as we speak idk if it will work. i put a decaf earl grey tea bag in a bottle of warm water... then in a while i plan to put it in the freezer so it can be like slush tea... idk if its gonna work. I just CANNOT do water for the life of me. It tastes like metallic like and nasty and makes me gag.

Susy- i totally freaked out too from 6 and a half weeks and 7 weeks because I was nearly symptom free. No nausea no smells bothered me and my boobs did not hurt. I freaked out so i went into triage for a u/s... baby was fine.. heart beating and all.. then week 8 comes and BAM.. soooo freaking sick for about 4 days. Its pretty common for symptoms to wax and wane. While i know its a concern that symptoms leaving can be cause for concern for miscarriage usually cramping and bleeding is going to come first rather than loss of symptoms. Usually too after week 10 symptoms for most.. not all but most start to get better... since usually there is a surge of the most hcg you will see anywhere from week 8-10. Then hcg levels will begin to level and drop.. Keep that faith everything is going to be fine this time! hang in there.

AFM- I have had the BEST appetite yet today. I have not had an appetite like this since around early 4 weeks. I had my peanut butter toast and ice cold milk this morning, pickles for a snack an hour later, then half hr later a popsicle, vegetable soup for lunch and a whole bowl of spaghetti. I had no idea I wanted spaghetti until i had a bite of my husband's lunch and it was AMAZING lol.. and he ended up giving me half of his..in a separate bowl.. i ate ALL OF IT. Wow. This is a huge improvement. I really hope it doesn't come to bite me in the butt later!! and while who knows how long it will last. I will enjoy today and hopefully gain a few lbs. :) It does however feel like nap time right now..

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 10, 2012 12:10am

Well spotting officially has gotten worse, more like light bleeding but still brown but more dark brown. It is now enough that it will stain my underwear or panty liner (tmi sorry). Cramping was more painful yesterday actually inside my vagina.

I am officially prepared for the worst....:( my DH is able to get off of work and go with me. This is good because if its bad I don't think I can handle driving home.

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 10, 2012 1:47pm

Heather, i'm with you hun had some spotting starting last night. Brown with slight red/pink (hadn't had any straining to go or yesterday either) . I called the nurse triage answering machine at my docs office to see if I can come in and get checked; waiting on them to call me back.

This morning I am still seeing a little brown but since I've laid down all night it usually takes a bit to come out. I may have had some cramping but I was very gassy so it was hard to tell - if it was cramps they were light at least. Just going to keep breathing and wait for the call back.

Leniana

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 10, 2012 2:28pm

Heather, Leniana, I really hope you'll have a fantastic u/s and that you'll see your little one with a strong heartbeat. Spotting and little bleeding happens so often in the first 12 weeks, it really could be nothing. But it's good to check it out. When do the both of you have an appointment? Good luck!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 10, 2012 2:47pm

Super good vibes for Heather and Leniana!!! I'm sure all is fine so keep your heads up!! Keep us updated!!

AFM: Critter must be doing some "redecorating" and reorganizing down there...lower back aches and some, I'm guessing, round ligament pain.

So tired...actually left work about 30 mins early yesterday cause I was going to pass out, so I went home and crawled on the couch. Armed myself with lots of fruit and healthy snacks for the hunger that has returned. I feel like a zombie today....BRAINS!!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 10, 2012 3:18pm

Got the call back from the nurse.. said the doctor was not too worried about the spotting but I was welcome to come into the office for a quick heartbeat listen to set my mind at ease. That will be right after lunchtime 1:30 est.

Leniana

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 10, 2012 4:00pm

Sorry no personals just too tired.

I finally had a nice poo worth writing home about. I'm supposed to go back to work today after spending the past 4 days on the couch. Not sure how well it's going to go due to I've been a bit lightheaded. A little bit ago it got to the point I thought I was going to pass out, went ahead and took my b/p and it was 88/65 w/ a pulse of 95. It's been running low the past couple of days but that's the lowest it's gotten yet. I guess all I can do is try and if it doesn't work out or I pass out at work they can just send me home.

Hope everyone has a good day and those who were spotting hope everything looks great at the doctors.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 10, 2012 4:04pm

heather, leniana for good news from doctor's visit and hopefully spotting stops

afm: yesterday I barely survived, I left for work 6:45 am (had earlier meeting) and came back from second job at 8pm -it was sooo hard on me
TGIF!!! cannot be any more happier about upcoming weekend and I don't have second job on fridays. I am so glad to have a shorter work day that even nasty nausea can not spoil my mood. Btw, i found cuties (mandarins) being helpful in releiving the sickness (I have a whole 5 lbs bag of them with me at work)

esperanza

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 10, 2012 6:20pm

Heather- Thinking of you today! hoping something positive comes out of today for you. Please keep us posted.

Leniana- I hate spotting. Its so nerve wracking and I seem to def be a spotter. heh. I am sure everything is fine. I had read that they baby has a super growth spurt from week 9-10 so I think its just your uterus growing but I am glad they are gonna get you in for some reassurance. Let us know!

Auburnmama- I have been too feeling this redecorating lol. I have what I think is round ligament pains here and there too. Sometimes they are sharp and only last for a second and sometimes they feel like pulled muscles.. kind of.

Esperanza- wow girl.. you work way too much!! I couldn't even do that not preggo lol!!

Coomy- Good luck at work today! but if you can't do it.. you can't do it. I already have a low normal blood pressure but with pregnancy they say it drops by 10-15 and so you bp can def make you feel light headed and weak. My heart rate is also pretty fast with a low bp so... I get pretty weak myself especially when I am not hydrated. Take care of yourself.

AFM- Apparently I am going to be one of those that spots after sex and after bms like every time for a few days. I finally was able to connect with my husband this morning if you know what I mean and of course .. pink spotting afterward like usual. Which means I will start spotting brown here tomorrow for a few days.. like clock work but we both needed that this morning. We had not done that in 2 weeks because I was either too sick or it was uncomfortable but it worked out this morning. Also yesterday I had a preview of what my appetite will be like when the morning sickness is out of the way and uhh.. yeah def need to have healthy snacks on stock because I was eating everything in sight yesterday! Not nauseous today either. I am HOPING that because I was so sick so early at 4 weeks and have endured 4 weeks of sickness that MAYBE my relief will come earlier?! idk... a girl can hope right?

Thinking of you ladies!!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 10, 2012 7:20pm

Yay! Heart beat was great at 171, the doc found it pretty quick too, looks like she's hanging out on my right side. Spotting seems to have stopped as well with just minimal amounts when I wipe which is all brown. They went ahead and weighed me and took BP and stuff so they basically did my next appt, and said they'd see me in another 6 weeks. Doh! Was kinda hoping for that extra listen hehe. But whatever I am just relieved everything was fine . Maybe I can get some sleep tonight instead of worrying all night!

She offered me some meds for the m/s but I said since I'm hopefully almost done with it I'll just bear it out. I managed to get sick in the parking lot - I was trying to eat a quick lunch before hand because I was feeling ick... baby no like! Though she seemed to like the chocolate milkshake I downed half of after I was done being sick .

Yeah today I am feeling the "she," dunno why. I was kinda figuring boy before.

Oh BTW - they never called me back about my UTI results, but apparently they were negative. However the doc said to go ahead and finish the antibiotics out, especially since they did help me with the pressure I was feeling in my bladder area. She said the pee tests aren't 100%, nice to know I suppose.

Well I think I'm going to go try to nap a bit before I have to pick up my son from school.

Heather - keeping you in my thoughts hun!

Leniana

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 10, 2012 7:30pm

Well good news so far. I get my levels checked Monday. Baby looks good, heard the heartbeat (138 bpm). I am only 6 weeks 1 day, which pushes my due date until Oct ( aprox the 4th).

So I can breathe again! I will keep praying for healthy baby!

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 10, 2012 7:31pm

Leniana -yay-! I am soooo happy for you!!! I know you will have a great weekend!!!

Heather, I saw your post too late, I am also soo happy for you!!

User Image

User Image

susy00