Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 10

Replies (282)

Reply by dsdaye » Sep. 5, 2012 1:13pm

Tye- congrats on your little girl. Now we have one boy and one girl! We'll have to wait and see what we get next.

Dame- my midwife gave me a few ideas on how to get things going. She told me to try and drink the red raspberry leaf tea. It is supposed to soften your cervix (I think). She also told me to try Evening Primrose Oil. You can put a capsule up you and that is also supposed to soften your cervix. Other than that she said having sex will definitely help and once you reach 39 and a half weeks using your breast pump to stimulate your nipples will help too. Not sure if any of these will really work though.

Auburn- thinking of you and hoping for the best

Coomy- hope that you are getting some rest cause it sounds like your little one will be here in no time.

Knicole- sorry to hear that your DH had to go back to Korea. Liam will keep you so busy that before you know it he will be back.

Gppacen- Your time will come before you know it. You may go before some of us! Hang in there.

I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and she told me that the baby is in the posterior position. So, the baby is facing out instead of in. I have to try and get the baby to switch positions by leaning forward, try being on my hands and knees a lot or lying on my side with my navel towards the ground. If the baby does not move into the right position then I will probably have a long and difficult labour because the baby's head will not be coming out properly. Instead of the bones on the head overlapping like they should the head will more than likely try and come out flat instead of cone-like. I'm really trying to lean forward and spend time on my hands and knees, but it gets very uncofortable.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 5, 2012 5:12pm

Andon Dean arrived yesterday at 4:56 pm, at 7lb 10 oz.

24 hrs after the induction began I was at 6, contracting hard but no ptogress...he was posterior so they decided to do a section. Good call, he also had the cord around his neck!!!

We're both fine, he's BFing like a champ, will update more later. He's amazing!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 5, 2012 6:46pm

Aww yay congrats auburn and welcome to the world lil Andon! Glad they got him out so there were no problems with the cord around the neck. You rest up and take care of you. Liam was also posterior and I had a hard time pushing him out even though he was tiny...so I feel ya. By the end he came out with the help of forceps but I was so exhausted from the drugs and pushing that honestly I told them to section me ! Lol but....he was pretty much already crowning at that point so they told me no : Haha

knicole27

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 5, 2012 7:36pm

Auburn -- So happy to hear Andon is here safe and sound! I've been checking regularly awaiting news. ;) So happy for you!

Dsdaye -- Hoping your baby turns around for you.

Can't wait to hear who's next! I suppose Leniana.

AFM -- I have been pretty tired lately, but I'm keeping busy. Still finishing up work stuff but also trying to finish last minute things for the baby too in case she makes an early appearance. Washed all my bibs and burp clothes today, plus her curtains. I also got my breastpump all in order and things boiled for that. I also went out and bought some last minute items and finished packing my bag and a bag for my daughter Lilyanne. She's getting excited and keeps asking when Baby Sister is coming out, so she can hold her. :)

flowermommy81

Reply by Coomy08 » Sep. 5, 2012 10:06pm

Auburn- YAY can't wait to see pictures... glad everything went well... CONGRATS!

Well no more contractions since monday just some random lower back pains and some tightening of my stomach:(
Had my last u/s today and Zane looks great, he is weighing in at about 6lbs 14 ozs and they said he has a big head and a lot of hair. I posted 3 new pictures of my lil chunky monkey and my 37 week bump picture.
See my ob Friday so hopefully he'll check my cervix and see if I've had any progress . Trying to walk this kid out, been giving him pep talks and all I get is a punch in my nether region so maybe he'll listen to big brother and daddy and come soon, if not c-section is 2 weeks away so I guess it's not that far away but it feels like it is.

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 6, 2012 2:44pm

Hi everyone... auburn congrats on Andon's safe arrival!! I cannot wait to see pics :)

Had my check today... they finally checked my cervix! I am only 2cm and 50% effaced, I was hoping for three! Just kidding I will take what I can get at this point hehe.

She stripped my membranes a little bit, I asked her to be gentle with it because both hubby and I are suffering from a nice head cold today, perfect time to go into labor right? Hoping we can get over it a little bit before we have to book it to the hospital. If nothing happens then I'll give her the go ahead to strip them really good on Monday hehe.

They also gave me a NST, he was moving around plenty and heart rate was great so they were not worried. They said they will go ahead and have me come in Monday to see if I progress any more (or pop) over the weekend. If not then I'll probably go ahead and schedule the induction for next Wed or Thurs. So a week left at max!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 6, 2012 8:43pm

dsdaye - Good luck with the positioning! That does not sound comfortable at all with being on your hands and knees. Will you be able to tell if the baby moves in the right position?

Auburnmama - Congrats on Andon's arrival!! Glad both you and baby made out ok with everything. Now enjoy:)

jambolina - I still have yet to pack my bag... Rest up!

Coomy - Keep hanging in!!!

Leniana - Woohoo a week max:)

Glad everyone is doing well!!!!!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 6, 2012 8:49pm

Auburn - What a fantastic weight, 7lbs 10oz!! Glad to hear BFing is working out well for you as well, that's great! I hope it goes as smoothly for me!

gppacen - I am 37 weeks this saturday and this is also our first and hubby is so cute asking if he should not drink beer after work anymore in case he needs to drive me to the hospital lol. I swear since I've been pregnant, he has a few beers every night! Trying to squeeze it all in before baby gets here I think haha.

dsdaye - good luck on gettin that babe of yours to move so the labour is easier on mommy!

Leniana - You have to be the next one to go! Hopefully something happens this weekend, but if not, the end is at least in sight!!

AFM - Another OB appt yesterday and another disappointing 4lb weight gain!!! I cannot believe how fast I'm putting on weight these last weeks. That's 8lbs in just the last 5 weeks alone and I still have 3 weeks til my due date . My mom calls me at work today to ask how it went and when I tell her I put on another 4lbs she immediately laughs and says "ohhhhahaha" like she is shocked I''m putting on SO much weight...grrr!! Also, I straightened my hair today for work and the one guy says "wow you're looking like an old mom already"....like?? really people?? I feel like shit about myself enough, I don't need to hear this crap from others. Anyways, sorry to vent negativity when there is so much positive going on here with all these sweet babies being born, I just have been having a rough go lately. At least my LAST day of work is tomorrow, yipeee!

Looking forward to hearing about the next baby announcement ladies...I'm so glad we're all here to talk and share our stories, it's been awesome and I hope to continue to hear about the babies and mommy's going forward! xo

Mrs.Mom

Reply by MrsMeggieMac » Sep. 7, 2012 3:32am

I've been poking around on the board the past couple days, how exciting is this? Everyone is starting to pop!! I am almost 38 weeks and I am so ready to meet Maverick.
Can't wait to see everyone's beautiful little ones!

MrsMeggieMac

Reply by Britney » Sep. 7, 2012 9:11am

Hey y'all! Braelyn Sadie was born today Sept 6th after 5 hours of labor, painless completely and pushing through 2 contractions! She weighed 6lbs 6oz and was 19 1/2in long. Perfect in every way! I hope to update again soon with pictures!!

Britney

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 7, 2012 11:52am

Yay, Britney!!! Congrats! Five hours of painless labor and minimal pushing?! I want that!!! ;) Enjoy your little girl! Love the name!

flowermommy81

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 7, 2012 12:29pm

Congrats Brit! I'm sure all you other mamas will pop soon! I posted Andon's birthstory in hos announcement. And let me say, forget loratab or the like for pain, get some 800mg midol!!!! AMAZING!!! We get to go home today and I'm so ready!!!! Good luck all!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 7, 2012 4:50pm

Wow congrats Brit!! I am super jealous of you right now LOL .

I've been having fairly regular contractions since last evening (I was a little bit crampy all day after the membrane stripping) starting around 8 pm. They were 7-8 minutes apart so I was like whatever, and tried to sleep. They kept getting closer and closer all night; I couldn't sleep and was up at 3:30 am; they were roughly 5 minutes apart but not a minute long yet. I finally managed to sleep for a couple of hours but the pains woke me and and while they still weren't quite a minute long (more like 45-55 secconds) they were getting more intense, they were still about 5 minutes apart but I was having little shorter ones in between as well as more spotting and some mucus-y bleeding so I figured I lost at least part of my plug.

So I called my docs office around 6 am and they said to go in to the L&D, called up my dad and made sure someone could come over and be here to get my son on the school bus and headed over. Waited for like an hour and a half on the monitor before they checked me, the contractions slowed down a little bit but they were still there.

Then they finally checked my cervix and I hadn't progressed much if any, I was still 2 cms and she said "maybe" 70% effaced. So they offered me the choice of walking around there for a couple hours to see if anything happened or heading home, and home sounded much better hehe. Still having the regular pains but at least they have not gotten any more intense for now.

I got to take another nap at least though! I may go take another one too! Just ready for this stubborn child to arrive.

Leniana

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 8, 2012 7:50am

Finally it is time... 5 cm and being admitted. Holy crap!

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 8, 2012 8:28am

I'm up for a 2 am feeding here and saw your post leniana ! Exciting! Good luck can't wait to hear about it and see him!!! Thinking of you!

knicole27

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 8, 2012 11:21am

Britny - Congrats!! Glad your delivery was smooth and your little one is doing wonderfully!

Leniana - Good luck!!! Today is the day!!!!!

Mrs.Mom - My DH is the same way - he's been drinking like almost every night. I though the same thing - he was trying to fit it all in, that or my pregnant behavior has driven him to drinking;) People are ignorant - happy you're starting maternity leave.

AFM - I plan on working up til my due date. I even have myself scheduled past my due date in case I was late but honestly that is crazy talk. I am just already so uncomfortable at work:(

I have actually lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks - I'm frequently nauseous and have been having other intestinal issues - blah blah blah...

I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!!!! And some more babies are born;)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 8, 2012 2:26pm

Leniana - Yay! I know you will keep us posted, can't wait to hear about all of it and see pics of your precious little baby!!

Brit - Congrats mama! I hope my labour/delivery goes that well, sounds fantastic!

gppacen - Good for you for working up to the due date. I would have but my job is sooo slow right now I'm going in sane with boredom. I'm so glad I'm off now. Plus since the swelling has set in (I have good/bad days) I prefer to be at home. I have 4 friends all due within weeks of me and most are working at least until a week before their due date. I just couldn't last that long! lol

AFM - 37 weeks today...all I can think of now is that my sister's wedding is also 3 weeks away (if you all recall I'm due the DAY OF her wedding). I have no idea what I'm going to wear. So many what if's in my mind. If I have the baby before the wedding then I will be a bit smaller and will need a dress to fit that body...if I have the baby after, I will be quite large and need something to fit my belly. I literally have to wait until 3 days before the wedding and hope I can find a dress that fits and that I like...after all I will be in the photos and have to look at them forever! I'm reeeally hoping I go by 38 weeks, but I have NO signs of the baby coming. I have never even had any braxton hicks like most mama's have had. Baby seems pretty comfy. I have a feeling I will be like Leniana and go past 40 weeks.

Off to a baby shower today for one of my friends in London (an hour away from where I live). My parents live in London so I will likely stop by for a visit. Tomorrow my friend is coming over for dinner with her hubby and sweet baby girl (9 months old) and she is taking maternity photos for me as a gift . She did my wedding photos and is amazing so I can't wait to see these pictures!!

I will be checking back soon to see if Leniana has updated!! Soo exciting!!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 8, 2012 6:58pm

Wyatt is here! 11:39 am 9/8/2012, 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches, we are both doing well! I will post pics soon !

Leniana

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 8, 2012 9:25pm

Congrats Leniana!!!!!!!! He's a big boy;) Glad you both are doing well!!!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 8, 2012 9:33pm

Yay!! Congrats, Leniana!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

flowermommy81