Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 11

Replies (300)

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 10, 2012 8:30pm

Whoo hoo!! So glad for the good news Leniana and Heather!!

I'm ready for a lazy night with the DH. Knicole, I think I'm going to have to have some "quality time" with him as well...I've felt like such a horrible wife. I think it's been at least a week or two. I think it's a order a pizza, fool around, kinda night...and I can't WAIT to sleep in tomorrow!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 10, 2012 9:09pm

Heather- Thats awesome and reassuring news!! hearing the hearbeat is a great great sign! I know your due date got pushed to October but it could still change but we want you to still hang around here in the sept. club! :) So far this pregnancy I have been spotting/bleeding quite a bit myself and even cramping but baby is doing fine! even though I am a complete worry wart. ha.. hang in there! so glad everything is ok!

Leniana- Your almost there.. 2nd trimester is around the corner and the light at the end of this tunnel! Glad everything looked good!

Auburnmama- yeah I have been so sick and then I keep spotting/bleeding so I freak out about that quality time. It was nice to get some in again.. I was starting to feel disconnected from him. :/ enjoy your evening ;) and mmmmm pizza. lol.

I am going to take my 9 week bump photo here soon.. but its not much difference from 8 weeks. lol. With my uterus so tilted I was told that probably won't tilt to normal position until 12 weeks. So it may be a bit before I am showing. oh well. The doctor once pointed out where my uterus is and where the baby hangs out and its like near my butt on the right side.. lol. No wonder I have so many bm issues!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 10, 2012 10:19pm

omg I just sneezed and it felt like lower abdomen outter right area was ripping from the inside out... holy wow.. that hurt... I guess that is what you would call round ligament pain!?! sheeesh... OUCH.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 10, 2012 10:40pm

Hurray Heather! A good weekend for everyone I hope! :) Thanks Susy!

knicole - yeah I get that a lot... hurts so much! I am sneezing like a fiend this pregnancy too! So glad second trimester is right around the corner :)

Since my appt was pre-empted I am thinking I am going to announce on the 20th when I will be 12 weeks (I was going to do it after my appt on the 28th). I'm going to make cookies or cupcakes with these on them for my work: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Onesie-Sugar-Cubes-70pcs/dp/B0015PPHIY - aren't they cute!

Auburn - aww yeah pizza night here too :) Have fun with the hubby

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 11, 2012 1:29am

Leniana- What a CUTE idea! I love it... I want to do a like a colored cupcake or something idea to announce the gender.. that or a maternity photo shoot to announce it.... and oohhhh cupcakes.. lol. Speaking of sweets mere talk of sweets a few weeks ago would send me straight to the toilet but today I had a few M&M's and OMG chocolate tasted amazing all of a sudden. Still mostly craving all fruits though, but i don't know if i buy that old wives tale about sweets and salty things determining the sex because I crave both pretty equally. Veggies though.. sound kind of gross.. my biggest issue past few days has been i still can't tolerate water and HORRIBLE heartburn. Straight up battery acid feeling in my throat.. its nastyyyy.. ok i am rambling..

ohhh and I made home made apple sauce today.. its soo yummy. ;)

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 11, 2012 2:12am

Great to hear Leniana and Heather!

Well no work for me tonight, husband ended up taking me to the hospital to get checked out. I ended up getting some iv fluid for dehydration and I know they said my sodium levels were a bit low, and I think they said potassium levels were a little low too. Was able to eat some chicken lo mein w/ pork fried rice when we got home but still a little dizzy. Got a proscription for zofran so hopefully I'll be able to function and go to back to work tomorrow for the first time in 5 days!

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 11, 2012 9:34am

Coomy, good luck honey! I know what it's like to be that sick! Just take it easy and stay at home if you're just not up to it! Try to eat and more importantly DRINK small portions throughout the day. It'll help.

Nicole, i found out that a cup of warm milk with some anise helps with the heartburn.

Afm, just woke up, just a bit nausea but really ok actually. I hope it stays this way during the weekend. Today is also the day that last time my little one's heartbeat stopped(8 weeks, 6 days), so i feel a bit weird today, just hoping everythings ok with this one!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by MrsMeggieMac » Feb. 11, 2012 2:13pm

Hey everyone! So glad to hear you're all doing so well :)
Sorry for a lack of personals, but I'm afraid the toilet will be calling soon.
I had my first ultrasound on Wednesday and it went great!! Oh it was so exciting!! We saw our little Lucky, I was measuring at 7w 2d, which was only 2 days off of what I thought. So our due date has been pushed to 9/27/2012.
The heartbeat was just too cute...it was going almost 160bpm, so steady and reassuring.
I posted a couple pictures up on my page.
Next appointment, now that I have graduated from my RE is on 2/22 with my new OB. Woohoo!

Also, if any of you get a chance, check out my latest journal entry, any feedback would be great.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

MrsMeggieMac

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 11, 2012 5:51pm

So far I feel alright today, was able to eat a little bit and haven't gotten sick so that's good. Wasn't really dizzy till I was in the car going to pick my husband up, think I may have him take me to work just to be on the safe side. I'm really determined to go to work tonight, I can't afford to miss another day. It's been nice though being able to stay home with my son all week, even though I felt like crap. Hope everyones weekend is going great and sick free

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 11, 2012 6:08pm

leniana and heather - i'm so glad for you too! what scary times. before we started trying, i had NO idea how stressful being pregnant could be! hopefully come second semester things will calm down a bit. and heather - def stick around! we like you here!

susy - my symptoms definitely come and go. one day my boobs barely hurt and i feel great, the next it takes me four tries to get out the door without feeling so sick i have to go back to bed. it's annoying, but it's normal!

auburn - redecorating - i like that! i've been having more feelings down there too. no rlp pain yet i don't think, but more stuff that feels like cramps/stretching. trying to keep telling myself it's normal - baby's gotta have room to grow!

coomy - how's the b/p doing? i hope you're feeling ok! i'm glad you were able to eat some. i know it's good to get to work, but don't push yourself too much! if you need to rest, do it! jobs can wait.

esperenza - i have no idea how you work that much! i barely get through an 8 hour day now! correction - i rarely get through an 8 hour day! hah. very impressed!

meggie - congrats on the ultrasound! it's so exciting!

afm - told my advisor this week (i'm in grad school). he knew about my most recent loss and *loves* babies, so it went really well. i'll be the first woman student of his to have a kid in grad school (in academia, as with most jobs, i'd imagine, having a kid can have *very* different consequences for men and women). he wants to make sure i do everything i need to feel happy with the situation and told me he'd like others to be able to look at my case and not feel worried about deciding to have kids themselves. it was all very comforting. couldn't have asked for a better meeting!

elizabethwig

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 11, 2012 8:33pm

Thanks girls!! I feel tons better now from yesterday. My spotting is going away too!! I was thinking about it was actually kind of close to when I would get my period. I have read some women experience like alittle period for the first few months. We will see if it happens again in a few weeks.

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 12, 2012 12:45am

Heather- I saw your u/s photo!! so cute! its so good you got to see a heartbeat!

Elizabeth- Great news about your classes and grad school!

Coomy- I am glad your feeling a bit better today. Take it easy at work though!

Mrsmeggiemac- Congrats on the awesome u/s! but also sorry your now experiencing the dreaded m/s! :/ hope you feel better soon!

Susy- That does gotta be hard that its the same time the heartbeat stopped last time but keep the faith! I will have to try the warm milk with anise. Thanks for the recommendation.

AFM- I posted my 9 week belly photo.. there is not much difference from week 8 but I did gain 1 lb back! so now only down 11 lbs pre pregnancy weight. Today is day 3 of no nausea. I would usually freak out but for one.. I have faith that everything is just fine. For two.. I have a lot of other symptoms still. My bbs hurt all kinds of bad today. I also took two naps today and during my naps had dreams that my old job was a circus and my old boss was a circus clown.. idk. lol. I am glad to not have the nausea but I do have acid indigestion and heartburn during the day.. badly and then at night I am bloated, gassy and stomach achy. . but honestly its ok. I will take that over the nausea I had for over 4 weeks. While I am happy for the break from the ms I am still not holding my breath that it could return because week 7 was awesome like this and then week 8 came around it felt like death for 4 days... lol.. but hey.. I will take ad bad day here and there! oh I also noticed that in the last few days the nausea has changed to more of a low blood sugar nausea so I actually do feel better if I eat rather than before it did not matter if i ate or not i was feeling awful no matter what. I have been so flippin sick this pregnancy. Its nice to be able to eat again. I am pretty sure I gained at least 2 more lbs in the last few days. I am able to take my vitamins again without them making me totally ill. The vitamins still make me a lil nauseous but nothing too crazy. Ok hope all you ladies are doing well!! have a good weekend! :)

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by MrsMeggieMac » Feb. 12, 2012 3:17pm

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and is ready to start a new week. Yay!

MrsMeggieMac

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 12, 2012 9:21pm

ok .. today I think I need to put myself on a time out.. I feel way to overly completely bitchy.. everything is pissing me off. :( my husband can't seem to do right at all.. poor guy. I had wanted to get Breaking dawn pt 1 on bluray today but he spent more money at the grocery store this morning because I did not go. (I had returning morning sickness today, i was gonna go but didn't feel like hurling in the grocery store so he went) anyways.. so i was looking forward this whole weekend to watching that stupid breaking dawn movie and then he spent too much .. i was so pissed but we get paid on tuesday its not that far away and here i am throwing a lil temper tantrum and he is getting upset with me today too.. it just not a good day. I feel like I have pms to the max x10. He wants me to get this find this look for this, put the groceries away but all I want to do is lay in bed. I am so tired and pissed off. :/ Its not a good day. Everything is annoying the crap out of me. Then the other day I cried at the end of the movie air force one... that movie is not even freaking sad!!!!!

Nothing is working out for me in my mind today... can we just start over!?!?

oh and then apparently I am all of a sudden allergic to metal or something. I have a necklace I wear every day and have worn it for about 2 yrs.. its the moon in its exact phase the day i was born.. anyways. It gave me a rash last night in the shape of the pendant and chain.. wth!? and today and last night my bbs and nipples are BURNING... and .. i wanna cry... yeah..

added edit: So my husband just said to me and quote " I know your pregnant and all but control your emotions. Your not the only woman in the world that has been pregnant. They are your own emotions you should be able to control them" hmm.. I just had to take a deep breath and.. smile and.. go to my happy place. :) Men...

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 13, 2012 3:30am

Well work this weekend went pretty well, saturday I was dead on my feet but today I felt great! You wouldn't have even been able to tell that I was sick for a week, Idk if the gatorade (g -series) helped or not but still no nausea, dizziness, nada zilch. I do think i might have over done it a bit though today I was lifting some moderately heavy boxes and by the end of the night my lower abdominal area was hurting a bit so I let everyone else lift the heavy stuff after that.
Think I am on the verge of having a flare up with my Rheumatoid arthritis(RA), my knees are killing me and look a bit swollen. It's been a few months since I've had a flare up so hopefully it's not a bad one.
Oh and also b/p seems to be okay so hopefully it stays that way.

Knicole: First off thanks for reminding me that Breaking Dawn is out, I forgot it came out on the 11th. And the bitchy-mood don't worry about it, tell your husband its not like you can just push a button to turn it off. I have trouble myself with controlling my hormones, its not easy as everyone thinks. Oh and crying at movies ya cried during Harry Potter 4 and it wasn't even a sad part, my 2yr old didn't know what to think. I can't forget to add crying during commercials for no reason, have I ever mentioned that hormones suck lol. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 13, 2012 2:23pm

knicole, sorry that you have a rough day - hormones are raging indeed in our pregnant bodies and sometimes turning us into somebody different. I can say for sure that I am very different now than I was before pregnancy. And you have so much on a plate: very complicated beginning of the pregnancy, ... and you probably (deep inside) worry and scared and upset about the fact that you dh is leaving soon and you will be dealing alone with all those pregnacy challenges. I think I will be subconsciously mad at dh if he were to leave alone me soon (though understanding perfectly that it is not his choice and he has no control over it)

surprisingly, I am glad to be back at work because weekend was sooo busy, with all-day basketball tournement on St in a place 60 miles away and the first game started at 8, so we had to leave at 6 (waking up at 5:30); last game was at 5 pm :(.. Dh was working half-day on a weekend so it was me to take care of all the things

when dh called yesterday on a way home, I shared about my cooking (I cook so rarely) "I have something in an oven...Lasagna!!!" he said "Don't call our baby lasagna!" - it was so funny :)

esperanza

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 13, 2012 2:30pm

Morning Ladies!

knicole - Your hubby doesn't know how close he was to death! Don't feel bad about the random crying.. I found myself crying in the car to a stupid Van Halen song over lunch the other day. And I managed to snap at my husband without warning several times this weekend... I haven't been this cranky in a while.

coomy - so glad you are feeling better! Definitely be careful with the lifting! Our ligaments are getting loose and you can hurt yourself pretty good if you lift wrong or slip.

Heather and Meggie - yay for ultrasounds! They are so cute!

afm - I was definitely having a lot of stretching/pulling over the weekend. Still having a little bit but not too bad. I was sick Friday night right before i went to bed, but then I was fine the rest of the weekend! Woohoo food! I think I am getting the hungries again. Waking up to have a snack, so annoying cause I just wanna sleep Plus I am finally able to drink water again so I am waking up about to explode before I can get to the toliet!

I have to eat and drink slow though, I think cause my tummy is so not used to eating yet. I get a bit nauseous if i go too long without eating or eat too fast.

I've been craving a lot of beans! I made chili last night and it was so good! I ate two bowls (a couple hours apart hehe) :) I also got a southwest style chicken wrap Saturday night which had black beans on it.. yummy! Of course the beans are doing their usual thing, which is making the stretching feelings feel stronger.. but the taste is worth it!

Leniana

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 13, 2012 2:31pm

Just saw my ticker... holy crap a LIME? Whoever said about a growth spurt was right! Think I will pick up a lime at the grocery store today to show my son and the hubby. Won't be a waste cause my son loooves sour and he will probably eat it straight if I let him.

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 13, 2012 3:32pm

Wow! A lime! CRAZY!!! Good crazy!

Hormones...ugh. Mine just make me kinda snappy, or when I get really sleepy my filter and give a crap-o-meter goes to zero. DH was looking at the baby book and asked "have you had mood swings?" I was like "I've gotten kinda snappy..." Him :Yeah, that would be a mood swing!

Felt good Saturday, but like a zombie again on Sunday. Nap was required. Also, to go with my boy theory, since critter is supposed to have testosterone this week if it's a boy, I assume that's why I've broken out again like a teenage boy. This has to be the worst breakout ever. I feel like a leper! :( But it's starting to recede a bit.

Only two weeks till we get to hear the heartbeat! Can't wait!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 13, 2012 7:05pm

Coomy- Glad your feeling better!! but def don't over do it! Its pretty common for those preggo symptoms to come and go.. so def. do however appreciate those good days. Oh man I cried even before I was preggo at the end of harry potter and the deathly hallows pt 2. I have not watched it since I am preggo.. but I can only imagine. lol

Esperanza- lol too funny about the lasagna .. but mmm lasagna sounds good. Yeah I think all the changes not just going on with my body but also the things I can't control are taking that emotional toll on me AND I have to move in late march to top it all off! and move out of state!!! its .. gonna suck.

Leniana- yes he was lucky to be alive today!! lol.. your nausea sounds like mine now. I have to eat a ton.. like every 2 hrs and if I don't and wait too long I am totally nauseous and if I eat too fast... def nauseous too. but at least I am putting on some lbs now rather than losing them. I think I have regained 3 lbs this week. and wow.. yeah from a prune to a lime is a huge growth spurt!!!! no wonder you had some spotting !!

Auburnmama- I have def been a zombie since about early sunday. Omg.. I took like two .. maybe even three naps yesterday. Went to bed at 10 and slept seriously till 10 am and I am STILL tired. I feel so groggy all the time. I am about 9 and a half weeks and I am for the first time in this pregnancy breaking out badly with zits on my chin. They aren't there yet but I can feel the sore bumps.. yay!.. ha. ha.

AFM- I am hormonal.. emotional, cranky.. and TIRED. I can't get enough sleep. I feel like I have taken benadryl or something all day. Like a drug induced coma feeling lol. Hubby wanted to get intimate this morning and it was so funny because I was going to ya know follow through after he initiated but.. then instead I went to spoon him...and... within 5 mins fell asleep. heh.. woke up 45 mins later when his alarm went off.. oops. But... he fell asleep too so I don't feel so bad. Maybe we will try later. Sure is hard to be in the mood though when your so cranky, tired, your bbs hurt so they are off limits. Motion makes you nauseous .. ugh.. its totally lose lose situation sometimes. :/ I feel like a zombie so bad.. oh well just had breakfast. Peanut butter toast and a small bowl of cottage cheese. Time for vitamins and.. a nap. oy vey! and a shower eventually cuz.. i stink. lol.

Any of you ladies have plans for valentines day?!??

User Image
User Image

knicole27