Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 12

Replies (300)

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 13, 2012 8:25pm

leniana, I am impressed you can eat beans; it's good for you

afm: I am so bloated/gassy recently-I don't think I can handle it though I crave mexican (qdoba or chipotle) Less nausea but definitely more gassiness

Valentine's day? what is it? -First time it doesn't ring a bell to me...I think I am going through the most UNromantic time in my life. Besides work the only things what matter for me is eating, sleeping, pooping...so I hope I'll accomplish all three of them tomorrow then I am happy

esperanza

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 13, 2012 9:10pm

Hey ladies i just need to type and cry right now... I just got a phone call and found out my last living grandfather past away. We were kind of prepared for this since around christmas time and I did get to see him on christmas. I made the special trip out to see him and I am so glad I did.. I don't have any regrets but ugh... he passed away in his driveway this morning the paramedics tried working on him for 30 mins and then he was left in the driveway for like an hour with a blanket over him.. :( ... and even though I knew it was gonna happen soon.. its not any easier especially with my emotions and hormones running high.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 14, 2012 1:04am

ughhh pretty much nothing is going right for me right now. We are moving from Washington to Colorado here at the end of march. We live on an army post here, in a three bedroom 2 bathroom fenced back yard duplex home. Well my husband tells me today that they will only allow us to live in ONE neighborhood/village in on the new post in CO. The houses are all older brick style and SMALL. They will only allow us to live in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. The housing website says they have attached garages as well as fenced back yards but I just spent a bunch of time looking at the photos and i saw no such things. I am so frustrated beyond belief. Everything is so upsetting to me right now. To top it off my family is upset that i am moving out of state during my first pregnancy .. but I don't have a choice.. at all. Nothing is going right.. all the other neighborhoods are 3 plus bedrooms and brand spanking new with garages and all and wooden fences... they told us even when we have our child they still only authorize us for 2 bedroom one bathroom. I just can't get a break right now can I!?

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 14, 2012 3:14am

knicole: i'm so sorry about your grandfather! how terrible. i'm sure the extra hormones aren't helping with an already very emotional situation. all the best to you and your family.

about downsizing: that sucks, but i'm sure you can make it work. compared to most people, we have a very tiny place. it's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment, under 1000 sq ft. no yard, no nada. and compared to our friends in this city, our place is huge! it's hard to get used to smaller than what you've had, but i'm sure you guys will be able to manage! is there any reason why you can't move to a different neighborhood? silly army stuff?

to all the emotional ladies: count me in! mornings seem to be the worst for me. i was about to choke a co-worker this morning. she screwed up some very basic tasks and didn't show up for a full 45 minutes after i had managed to drag my nauseous ass in to work so i got to run around trying to fix her mess. i was fuming. had to hide in the back for a couple hours to avoid confrontations.

i also bawled (actually. we're talking crocodile tears) at an episode of sons of anarchy last week. it was ridiculous.

and my finest moment: upon seeing all the dirty dishes in the sink, i flung myself at my fiance and buried my face in his chest, declaring that it was all 'too much', then did like a 3-year old 'it's not fair!' stomp. it was terrible. we both had to laugh at that one.

elizabethwig

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 14, 2012 3:58am

Knicole: So sorry for your loss. And the moving situation just sounds like a pain in the rear, I'm sure everything will get better once you get moved and settled in. Harry Potter and the Twilight movies get me every time preggo or not lol Oh and toast is my breakfast too except I put a lil but of butter and strawberry jelly on it, peanut butter just makes me gag any more:(

Elizabeth: Ya know what you mean about stupid co-workers! I had one this weekend I wanted to smack around because of how stupid she is and can't comprehend little things asked of her to do! SOA makes me cry even when I'm not preggo lol Can't wait till new season starts.

AFM:Today no nausea unless I didn't eat often enough. A lot of lower abdominal pain again(ligament pains?) I seen a picture of traditional wings from Pizza Hut and it looked so good so for break I fixed me up some and added some wedge fries with it and it was as good as it looked! Only got a little over a week till my first prenatal appointment(don't count the blood draws or u/s) I'll be 8 weeks on valentines day, don't have anything planned except to try and relax and do some laundry or dishes. Think my husband is getting sick so that kind of ruins any alone time we may have gotten, sex drive isn't too low right now oh well his loss, poor guy it's been 2 weeks. Think I'll be nice and make beef and noodles for his valentines dinner with some mashed taters yumm.
I def understand the tired bit,I can get a good 8-10 hour sleep and still be tired when I wake up, wish my 2 yr old would take a nap when I want him too lol. A little gassy and bit bloated, constipated AGAIN..and hungry all the time(even when I don't want to eat)

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 14, 2012 5:34am

two more random things before i call it bedtime:
1) does anyone think that the tickers seem backwards for weeks 11 (lime) and 12 (plum)? to go from a prune to a lime is insane enough... but aren't most plums smaller than limes? they are in my grocery store...

2) anyone have their bloat bump go away? i looked *insane* pregnant a week and a half ago (again, i need to upload those photos) and now i look normal again. i know this is how it goes, but i get nervous about everything and this is nothing new. at least i'm not *constantly* farting this week!

coomy - we're just starting season 3! i love catching up on amazing shows. so nice to watch them all back to back.

elizabethwig

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 14, 2012 7:31am

Evening ladies. I am a lil bit better now than I was earlier but I gotta be honest I feel crazy. There was a girl that my husband just friended on facebook and I got all weird about it.. trying to view her photos and info but of course could not because everything was private. wtf is wrong with me!?!? My husband does side gigs as a DJ for weddings and clubs... he always has a bunch of girls as friends and this never bothered me before! My lack of confidence is seriously killing me here.
Anyways I am really worried about my dad. He is not speaking to anyone... he was preforming cpr on my grandpa for about 12 mins before the paramedics showed up. It was sad my step mom said my grandpa had been vomiting and my dad still kept going on the cpr. :/ It makes me really sad when I think about it.

Elizabeth- YES the ticker often does confuse me because i do believe that yes a plum is smaller than a lime. You would think it would be a prune then a plum then maybe a lime?! idk.. also yes my bloat bump comes and goes. Some days it looks as though i gotta be like 5 months preggo and then a lot of times the next day.. nothin. So its not just you for sure.Oh and don't worry your not the only one that worries. Except I make the biggest mistake... researching stupid things that make me worry on google. Bad idea most the time. Today I was watching u/s's on youtube and that was all good until one was a 13 week u/s of twins that did not have heartbeats and it was all caught on video and posted to the world. It was sooo sad the doctor said there was no heart beats on both and then even tried to listen nothing and hearing the heartbreak of this couple. :( then that led to me being even more dumb and googling "reasons for fetus heartbeat to stop" blah blah blah.. why do I do these things?!?!? seriously!??

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 14, 2012 2:15pm

Aww Knicole, you've had a double whammy! So sorry for your and your family's loss. I'm sure your dad will be fine, we all grieve in our own ways, especially if it was a little traumatizing for him being there and all.

The housing situation will work out! By the end of it, you'll probably hate to leave since it's going to be your little one's first home, all nice and cozy! :)

DH works today, so it's just me and the critters and Critter today. I told him last night that I know I've had it pretty easy with no m/s, but I'm so tired of being TIRED all the time. He understands, since for a while he was on an ambulance at the firestation that ran all night long. I'm so glad he understands how frustrating it is to feel like you've never caught up on sleep!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 14, 2012 2:46pm

knicole, don't worry about the house, you will like it or at least you will make it lovable! You are moving in during second trimester what supposed to be the best one. Just think about all advantages: your baby will have his own room and you have one less bathroom to clean. Downsizing is good, the only problem is that it is not your choice. Human beings are rebellious creatures and they don't like to do what they are told to do - that's why you see it in such negative way... Sorry about your loss, I just recently went through this when dh's mother passed away. As I wrote before: she had died in her sleep, when dh father discovered it he called dh first and he was there shortly. So they were father, son and mother's dead body in the house and they were waiting for ambulance/police/coroner for whole hour; it was very dark tragic hour for dh.. But it is a circle of life - your grandfather stepped away at the time when the new life has sprouted in you.
auburn: I hear you about being tired. It is very annoying to me because I always had a lot of energy and was able to accomplish a lot (dh used to call me "my superwoman") It is very frustrating to lose the stamina
coomy: congrats on finally getting rid off nausea, hope it stays this way...

and yeah...Happy <3 Day to all!

esperanza

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 14, 2012 2:57pm

knicole, i'm so sorry about your grandfather. I am glad you got to spend Christmas with him though, I am sure that meant the world to him.

As for the housing issue, I also live in a very small duplex, 1000 sq ft, two bedrooms. Our house is pretty packed but we will make it work, and I know you can too. We are probably going to have the crib/bassinet in our bedroom, and we are going to get a bunk bed in my son's room for later. We are gonna have to get rid of some of our extra stuff but in the end it will be worth it. We are hoping to move in a couple of years but who knows what will happen in the meantime? So for now we will just plan on being there for a bit.

esperanza - yeah I was glad I could eat beans too, they are so great for fiber too. I feel so bad that I wasn't eating well. Now that I am snacking more I'm trying to stick to cheese, yogurt, strawberries, and pretzels, with the occasional granola bar and milkshake.

About the plum vs lime thing, I went to the grocery store and I did get a lime (no plum though I didn't think of it). The lime was smaller than I thought it would be. It fit snugly in the palm of my hand, if I curled my hand up it would just fit in the depression. From my recollection the plums here are about the size of a peach. Maybe I need to head over after work and do some photo journalism LOL!

So yesterday was the hubby's birthday! We had a very nice evening; he spends the day with his mom and then we have our celebration in the evening after I get home from work. I felt well most of the day yesterday (some occasional nausea which eating cured) so I made him some steaks and baked potatoes. Everything turned out perfect! I even managed to get him the perfect cake with no notice (he wouldn't tell me what type he wanted until the night before).

The cake and ice cream was not so good to me. I had a small piece and a small scoop and could barely finish it, it was much too sweet for me, but he liked it and so did my son. I can eat some sweets and even crave certain things now but it's only sometimes and only certain things... and last night it was not cake and ice cream!

I even managed to stay up til ten pm with him . He had to stay up cause he is switching to night shift again next week /sigh. Tiredness definitely affects my m/s.. I feel quite a bit more nauseous this morning, even with eating. Not too bad though, so I'm still keeping my that I'm mostly done with it. I have half a steak and 1/4 of a potato in the fridge for lunch, I am looking forward to it.

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 14, 2012 5:39pm

last night I've been at Sams club and I saw some very big red plums there, definitely bigger than a lime but also in summer I buy sometimes black plums when they are on sale (or look really good) and those black plums are very small, smaller than a lime...so plums vary so much in size
dh sent beautiful roses to work but their smell was too intense for me, made me nauseaus so I gave them to our secretary, but it was sweet of him

esperanza

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 14, 2012 6:51pm

Hi girls,
Sorry i've been mia for a while. It's just that tomorrow I have a u/s again (9 weeks 3 days) and kind of scared that it won't be ok. Last time the heartbeat stopped with 8 weeks 6 days. When I am reasonable I know it can go right, because I have so many symptoms still (oa very tired and every day at least once nausea) but still, can't stop wondering and can't stop being scared...

Nicole, I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok. Did your grandfather live near by? You can go to the funeral I hope?

Leniana, congrats on your hubby! I think he just had a great birthday!

I am sorry, you just have written too much. Have a great evening, I'll be going to bed very early again!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 14, 2012 8:27pm

Happy day everyone!

Not been too bad a day, my 2 yr old went with his daddy to work for a couple hrs so I got to sleep in till 10:30. Been taking it easy today, thankfully no more abdominal pain. I think I'm going to attempt to make my own laundry soap at some point today or tomorrow. I've had everything to do it for a couple months now just haven't had the time and of course I end up waiting till I'm almost out of laundry soap to do it. Excited for supper to get here, making a ham with a brown sugar-pineapple glaze(haven't had pineapple since preggo so hopefully we'll get along) with some mashed taters w/ brown gravy and mac n cheese for my lil man. Thinking about making some valentine cookies or little heart cakes, see how long the motivation lasts lol.

You girls talking about plums made me want one, got my mouth watering and everything lol

Susy:good luck on your u/s I'm sure everything will look great.

Elizabeth: Ya I plan on watching the previous seasons again closer to the new one so I'm up to date and don't forget everything lol

Knicole; I agree everyone has there own way to grieve, and with the way he seen your grandpa pass its going to be hard for him. I used to work as a CNA in a nursing home and this is a common reaction to death of a loved one. Thoughts are with you and your family.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 14, 2012 10:57pm

Hey ladies happy valentines day! I hope everyone is doing well. My emotions are much more under wrap today but the bbs are super sore and getting bigger. Now that I look back on my lil fit yesterday. Its kind of embarrassing. lol. I think the real issue is all the change happening around me. I am moving to a new state my husband is leaving for Korea and I am going to be a first time mom by myself in a new state. Its overwhelming.
I woke up this morning feeling hungry to the point of nausea my hubby dropped me off a craving of an egg mcmuffin. heh. lol. My hubby got me Breaking Dawn pt 1 on bluray. I got to watch that today Bella pregnant reminded me of myself with a vampire baby haha. Sorry for the lack of personals ladies.. hope you have a good day!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 15, 2012 8:48am

Nicole, so glad te hear you're feeling better today! And it is overwhelming what you must go through; new house, new state, new baby.bjust try to take it bit by bit. But trust yourself to be strong enough. You'll deal with it and you know what, you will deal with it fantasticly!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 15, 2012 3:04pm

looks like we are feeling better in some or other way...that's great

afm: nausea is gone but gassiness/bloating stay strong

Last night we came up with the name for a girl. Dh was looking for some eastern-european/russian names to reflect my origin; I wanted always to name a kid after my grandmother who's name was Anna but when I lost one pregnancy years ago I was thinking of that baby as Anna :( Dh's name is John, so here we go - Joanna (and I will call her Anna if I want), middle name will be his mother's (and grandmother's) middle name - Mae, I do respect family tradition, so I let it be....so if the baby is a girl it will be Joanna Mae. We have no idea about the boy.

esperanza

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 15, 2012 3:32pm

I hope everyone had a great Valentines!

I actually got sick at work in the afternoon and then felt yuck the rest of the evening. Hubby was working his night shift so we just laid on the couch together (he works from home on a laptop), watched TV and ordered pizza. Not the most romantic V-day ever but we got to have a good evening on his birthday so I take some comfort in that. On the plus side I am feeling better again this morning.

Today I had my performance review at my job which was a bit nerve wracking, but apparently I am awesome so it went well. I got a nice raise and bonus, woohoo!

I also went ahead and told my boss and bosses' boss (who is officially my boss until my boss is confirmed as the official boss... gotta love big company policy and procedure lol) about the pregnancy. They were both nice about it. I told them I hope it would help get some more people in here since we will be really short handed when I am out - There are only the two of us in our lab right now.. normally there are three and we'd like to have four.

It's a great day, let's have some personals

knicole - Aww your hubby is taking care of you . And he got you the movie too hehe. I think you are right that you are just freaking out about the changes, you have a lot going on and it's perfectly normal to be freaking out.

coomy - So nice to sleep in! Lucky girl Did your motivation hold up enough for those cookies? Also ham and taters.....droooool!

Susy - Thanks :) I know your ultrasound will go great! Be sure to get in here and give us the update!!

esperanza - well I didn't get to take my pics of the lime vs plum since I felt ick but maybe tonight! You are right though there are so many variations it can be hard to judge.

We can all refer to this handy chart for guys lol : http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/dads-pregnancy-guide - My baby is not a lime, it's a golf ball! At least that is a standard size :P

P.S that sucks about the roses, could you maybe get a little vase and put one stem in so you have a little something on your desk ?

Leniana

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 15, 2012 3:35pm

Just saw your name for a girl esperanza - Joanna Mae is a very cute name, I like it! :)

Leniana

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 15, 2012 4:46pm

Girls! I went awesome!!!! Doctor immediately saw heartbeat and said it was perfect! I am exactly 9 weeks 3 days! We don't even have to go back to the doctor. So I made an appointment with a midwife today.

thx everyone! I am soooo happy today!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 15, 2012 6:02pm

Morning ladies! Hope everyone had a nice v-day. I stayed in. We ordered a pizza and watched movies but hubby went out and got me what I was craving.. A pesto and artichoke heart pizza. It was like heaven eating it. lol. Hubby had one bite and.. didn't eat the rest. I could tell it was just not his style. lol. I was craving artichokes so bad last night so that helped me get my fix. :)

Esperanza- ugh totally dealing with the gas and bloating as well. The good news though is all week I have been able to poo every day. Thats been a miracle in itself. Oh and I LOVE the girls name you have picked out! adorable!

Leniana- That's awesome news on your raise! congrats girl! do something for yourself when you feel better! you deserve it! Also.. read your post on the 11 week thread. Sorry your still sick the only reason I think I am not so sick all the time is I don't work or have any other kids so I am not out and about and walking around smelling smells etc. I know I am fine while I am still at home and a lot of times I will decide to go some where with hubby just to tag a long as the passenger and ick.. its the motion I think. speaking of motion we have to drive up to my hometown for my grandpas funeral next tuesday... a 3 hr drive... ick!! i best have some zofran on hand that day. Nothing like getting sick in the middle of a funeral. Which reminds me to also bring a barf bag because where the memorial is, is in a large church and the bathrooms are far away from the pews.. anyways.... lol totally rambling. I hope you feel better soon! but your only a few short weeks from the 2nd trimester! woohoo!

Susy- oh that is FANTASTIC NEWS! so happy you got to see your lil one today!

and afm again- hubby took the day off to start clearing out some of our extra junk in our storage room and in our shed and carport. Movers are coming to pack us up on march 16th then coming to pack it on the big rig on the 20th.. then the 22nd my husband's separate stuff goes to Korea while everything else goes to Colorado. I just hope things don't get too confusing. Another one of my good friends is moving as well in a few weeks to Georgia so we are meeting up with some ladies today for lunch. Have my fx that lunch goes ok for me there. I have only made failed attempts at going out to eat anywhere since pregnancy. My hubby has usually either made food here or picked something up for me and brought it to me so.. yes this will be a test. Better bring a barf bag, meds, and water .. just in case. Otherwise not much else going on but at the same time a ton going on. My next appt is in less than 2 weeks on feb. 28th. I will be close to 12 weeks. I can't wait it needs to get here because I need more reassurance. I have not seen or known if my lil one is ok since a lil past week 7. It is testing my faith..but faith I do have. Ok ladies I need to get off this thing and take a shower and get ready for the day here. :)

User Image
User Image

knicole27