Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 14

Replies (300)

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 18, 2012 3:28am

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by courtney12 » Feb. 18, 2012 5:13am

Hello ladies sorry I've been mia but so glad to hear everyone's moving along nicely:-)
A FM the Ms has subsided but the heartburn and fatigue is just horrible! All I want to do is sleep! I finally got to go to my much anticipated ob app. Thursday the hb was strong and 156bpm and our little bean was measuring right on time:-) however she did see a small bleed between my placenta and uterus and wants me to come back in 2 weeks for another scan. She said it should go away as my uterus grew. Praying everything turns out just fine! If for some reason it doesn't then I'm high risk for placenta previa or abruption:/ I didn't have this with other pregnancies so it has me a little on edge. Hope everyone has a good weekend:-)

User Image

courtney12

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 18, 2012 6:58am

Courtney- Just to ease your mind a bit.. you have what is called a subchorionic hemorrhage or SCH for short. It does commonly go away though usually in the 2nd trimester. The ER docs said I had this at 5 weeks but it ended up being another fetal sac but either way.. I did a TON of research about it during that one week of uncertainty. For one.. I would recommend NOT doing research on it. It will freak you out.(which is honestly true of anything you google about pregnancy it seems) Yes there are a lot of scary stories out there BUT there are also a TON of success stories of healthy babies born perfectly fine or even the SCH being reabsorbed into the uterus with no harm ever to the baby. It is honestly pretty common and most the time does reabsorb. Your OB should and will most likely be checking on it with an u/s every at least week to two weeks. If they notice the hemorrhage is getting larger they will put you on bed rest and or pelvic rest. My recommendation would be to take it easy anyways right now that and drink A TON of water and most of all don't worry! like I said before I asked one of my friends that was an u/s tech and said that in early pregnancies a SCH was present in nearly 50% of them but usually by the 2nd trimester they resolve themselves. I hope this puts your mind at ease a lil bit. There are also a few other gals on here that have had SCH. MaxCt from the august baby club is one of them and her SCH went completely away by week 14 I think it was or maybe 13. anyways I am blabbing. but glad to see you again!! :D and look at it this way .. you get to see you lil one on the screen much more often!

also my m/s has faded too but led into the worst heartburn EVERRRR. lol.... blahhhh...

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 18, 2012 1:37pm

Happy Saturday! We made it through the work week... Viva weekend!!! hoooray!

afm: Last night I took an advantage of pleasantly SPRING weather and went for a walk (about 1.7 mile) It felt SO good, I am going to do it again today.
talking about showing-when I left for a walk, I was showing, when I came back I was showing much less. Walking really helped with bloating (I was glad I was walking alone because I made all kind of inappropriate sounds none of whoope cushions could compete with me) I had an easiest, most enjoyable bm like in pre-pregnant times and morning went so well
I like how "sophisticated and intelligent" I became during this pregnancy, the things I talk and care about is gassiness, bd, bm

esperanza

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 18, 2012 3:08pm

hi girls,

slightly feeling better each day, although this morning I vomited again. But I believe I have more energy and I am less nausea than before. So I do hope this trend stays! :)

Esperanza, hahaha yes being pregnant makes you really intelligent. I am told that it stays until the first months after birth (the only thing than to talk about is baby poo and baby vomit LOL)

Angel, my God what a story! But I am really glad you're still here with us!

Nicole, how is the moving preparations going on? everything under control? do you need to repair much on the old house?

Auburnmama, wow 7k is an incredible amount of money! Glad to hear you don't need to pay, I'd say you can buy a lot of baby stuff for those 7k! hahaha

AFM, having a lazy Saturday, sleeping in, after that watching speed skating on the tv and later on we'll be visiting friends for diner. Nothing much but just perfect for me. is everyone also that tired all the time?

girls, enjoy your weekend!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 19, 2012 4:55am

Susy- yep.. still tired ALL the time. I can usually take a 2 hour nap even when I have slept a full 8 hours sometimes EVEN MORE. lol. I took a 2 hour nap today in fact. The inspection went really well actually. Only thing we need to pay for is a few tiles that are torn and a couple small pieces of the counter top ends that have broken off at the corners. and a door jam that my pets destroyed but they said it would be about 100 bucks out of our pocket for everything. Not bad at all. I am ok with this.

Esperanza- Yay.. i love spring time too. Excited for the weather to change and get warmer however not too excited that we will all be at our biggest during the late summer. Lucky us!! I can see it now.. Our august posts are gonna be sharing advice on how the heck to stay cool. I am sure we are gonna get creative.

AFM- I keep getting nausea after I eat but only for about an hour and nothing too horrible. I will say.. I ate two dinners tonight. Yes two. We had thai food.. mine was mild of course around 5:30 and then I just ate a BLT pita sandwich too.. haha.. but now i am really bloated and .. i am just so gassy these days. Embarrassing burping and farting all the time.. but I know its only gonna get worse!! LOL . Also today.. went from milk to orange juice. Can't get enough ice cold orange juice today. Guess I need the extra vitamin C today. Well.. I am going to snuggle into my bed and finish watching "Under the Tuscan Sun" . makes me want to go to Italy ..very much. Have a great weekend ladies! :)

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 19, 2012 1:51pm

Happy Sunday everyone! another week is ahead of us, and we are one more step closer to having our precious September babies in our arms

knicole,summer is hot but personally I would prefer summer to winter. I live in Midwest, couple hours away from Chicago - yes, summers are hot and muggy, but winters are nasty too with all the snow and the ice. Its always slippery though people shovel snow and put salt. Every winter I slip gozillions of times, fall couple times - and I am kinda of athletic and have a good balance. I can imagine how dangerous it would if I were pregnant. No, I better sweat than be in risk of falling on ice.

did you notice, ladies, how the last fashion trends work well for pregnant gals? There are so many cute tops which definitely have space for a belly...

Did anybody start wearing maternity cloth? I didn't yet (no time for shopping) but I start wearing my husbands sweaters to work, and my older sons sweatshirt (male XL sits comfortably on me:) )

Few days ago I discovered a charming foreclosure house and now I am obsessed. I always love that area but it was too expensive, but this house is in a range. It says "needs a lot of tlc"; when I talk to agent I got an idea what is inside - nothing (people tear off all the appliance, they tear off the wooden floors, etc.) I am going to look at it today...So, knicole, I might be moving too.

Susy, fx for sickness stays away. For sure you are not alone when it comes to being tired. I am pooped after eight pm. And I am sooo tired of being tired (like Auburn said)

esperanza

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 19, 2012 9:05pm

Sorry for the lack of personals but I just had something emotional traumatic happen to me that may sound ridiculous .. idk.. maybe not.

anyways I have a 7 yr old cat he has his claws and everything and can be kind of skittish. Well today he was laying on the bed next to me when my husband came in with his bike pants on which are a lot like snow pants they make a swishing noise.. well ... my cat freaked out and ran off the bed on my side next to my head.. next thing I know he was all claws coming at me.. he was trying to run away and jump over me but he was about to land on my stomach/uterus area and... he is not a small cat. He weighs about 17 lbs.. it all happened so fast. I took my arms and kept grabbing him to push him away from my stomach... well in the mean time he mauled me pretty good on my arms and all over my chest. It was BAD. It was like seriously like I had almost been mauled or something by a small dog. Bleeding all over my arms and chest. Yes it hurt really bad and I started crying...but I was really crying because of the emotional aspect of it all. I came to the realization that if that ever happened to my baby I would have ended up killing that cat. Ok not literally but it was very upsetting. He just kept scratching and digging in his claws over and over again I was trying to stop him from getting close to my stomach so ultimately he was all over my chest, neck, and arms. I was trying to get him free to the right direction but he was all claws all over me.. over and over. At one point he fell back on the floor next to me only to jump up again within the second and the same thing happened.

He dug his claws DEEP into my arms. My husband attended to me quickly.. he washed them all and placed on some hydrogen peroxide.. his claws went so deep I have bruising and pooling of blood in some places. I am so upset about this... so upset. At the time it happened I wanted my husband to immediately get rid of him.. which sucks because I have had him since a kitten but his nerves are horrible and I am nervous about him doing something dumb like that to my baby.. and.. well to me again. Ugh I am a ball of emotions... and i hurt. My arms and chest burn... I am going to take a shower and wash my wounds again here in a minute.. at least I was able to shield my stomach at least I guess but it was very stressful.. very traumatic. :( my husband was trying to get him too but it was just freaking him out more with his pants ughh.. it happened so fast.. such a bad situation.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 19, 2012 9:33pm

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 20, 2012 2:52pm

Morning ladies! Twelve weeks woohoo!

So I managed to make my cookies this weekend! They are sitting in the break room at my work as I type!

User Image

I felt pretty good this weekend and got everything done I needed to! I also ate a decent amount and didn't get sick since Friday morning. Sadly, I did get sick this morning but I think that was because I was having a serious hormonal surge and I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast yet other than a glass of milk. I was having some wicked heartburn last night as well, took 3 tums to kill it down to bearable levels so I could sleep.

That sucks about your cat knicole... I have a cat who is a bit skittish too (he is afraid of trash bags and other plastic bags) and that would be a rough thing to deal with - he is older now though and not really able to jump up like that however. I don't think you will need to worry about him hurting the baby when it is here - my cat never wanted anything to do with my son until he was several years old hehe. He just got startled and you happened to be in the way and preventing him from escaping. Of course you were doing it to protect your stomach which is understandable but he doesn't get that. Has he done things like that a lot before? If not I would say give him another chance and maybe remind the hubby to take off the pants in the bathroom or something lol.

esperanza - Yes I am wearing maternity clothes :X I already have some extra weight though so they fit me just fine. I am still wearing some of my bigger non maternity tops and occasionally some sweats/yoga pants/PJ pants at home, but I am only wearing my maternity jeans since about 7 weeks because my regular ones were just too tight and uncomfortable. And since some of my tops were just too short to cover the elastic on the waistband I have been wearing a lot of the maternity tops to hide it til I announced.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 20, 2012 4:36pm

Morning ladies! Had a wonderful relaxing weekend. It rained all day Saturday so it was full of naps and laziness. It was also great that DH was off sat. And Sunday. I'm off today for presidents day. I think I'm going to take my furry daughter (Anna my German shepherd) out for a hike. She's been a trooper in my complete fatigue.

BBs still sore, still sleepy and HUNGRY!!! Bloat is still there....I have one pair of maternity pants, everything else I'm getting away with leaving unbuttoned and using belly bands. And most of my skirts are elastic waisted.

I am soon ready for Friday...I want to hear my little critters heartbeat!! I'm also soooo ready to get a real bump and to know that critter is in there and all is okay!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by dsdaye » Feb. 20, 2012 7:10pm

Hello,

I have been fighting the flu since Friday. My main concern was the fever that I had. I was trying everything to get it to go down and nothing seemed to be working. I finally called a telehealth line where the nurse said I could take a Tylenol. That worked right away and I have been able to keep it in control now without too much trouble. I really did not want to take any kind of medications while I was pregnant, but I knew if I left my temp as high as it was I was harming the baby.
I am really hoping that everything is ok with the baby. I have my first appointment with my mid-wife on Wednesday and I hope that everything checks out ok.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 20, 2012 7:51pm

Leniana- no he never has reacted that way before. I mean he does get scared of loud noises and new people but he usually just hides unless like in this situation he is caught with no where to go. I was totally just in the middle of a bad situation and reacted to it with my emotions. As..usual. and OMG those cookies turned out sooo cute!! and they look... really good. I am starting to get cravings for sweets lately.. though I have not tried to actually eat many.. they just sound awesome. Who knows how it would actually turn out. lol

Auburnmama- aww you have a german shepherd too!! I have two. lol. They are brother and sister but not from the same litter. So one is almost 6 and the other is 3. My male Kahn is super relaxed he doesn't require much for exercise. He is pretty lazy but.. Bella my female.. is a tad bit hyper and has had it with me sleeping all the time. lol. but otherwise they are really good dogs. Easy to take care of.. they don't require much from me they just want to be around me all the time.

dsdaye- sorry you have been sick girl! that is NO fun .. especially when preggo because you are so limited on what can be taken! My hubby thought he was getting sick on friday and i was like "nooooooo!" stay away from me. haha.. but I am glad the tylenol helped. Sometimes you just have to take things when the benefit outweighs the risks. Like me taking zofran. I was losing weight way to rapidly and not staying hydrated and was becoming malnutritioned.. in those cases then it is better to seek out the treatment with drugs. :)

AFM- bubz must going through a big growth spurt today because I cannot for the life of me stay awake any longer than an hour today. Then when I fall asleep I sleep its so heavily its like I took some sort of sleeping pills.. its crazy. I have always been a very light sleeper so this has been quite a change for me. This sleeping heavily all the time business. I am not wearing any maternity yet. Still in my regular clothes but.. I lost so much weight I am still catching up. I am still all skinny but have a bloated belly now, I am excited to start showing though. My mom also had a tilted uterus and said with her first she did not start showing until about 12 weeks.. Sooo I basically right now feel like skin and bones and boobs lol. bbs still be crazy sore. Dreams are still crazy and vivid as ever. This morning I dreamt I was on the Hogwart's Express from Harry Potter but.. the inside was more like a mansion so idk.. but anyways the candy cart lady came around to our tables and dumped huge huge stacks of chocolates and chocolate covered gummi bears... lol.. I have no idea.. I don't try to make sense of them.. anymore.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 20, 2012 9:32pm

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 20, 2012 9:41pm

Angel- I have been getting my fair share of headaches recently. I think it is because I am dehydrated .. but also you are getting close to your 2nd trimester and while yay a lot of the m/s goes away .. I have read it is replaced most often with dizziness and headaches because your body is trying to compensate for all that extra blood flow. Sadly.. all that can really be taken is ...tylenol. Fun stuff.. hang in there. If its too awful maybe give a call. :) Hope you feel better soon!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 20, 2012 9:52pm

Nicole-- my fatigue doubled during weeks 9&10 it seemed. Felt like I was in a NyQuil/Benadryl induced fog all day. Going into 11 I'm feeling better, sleepy but not as bad....as of right now ;)

Oh and the acne is still going strong. It must be a boy, I feel like a pimply teenage boy!! Lol

Yes, I have my GSD girl, a 14 yo mutt and three cats. We love our pets, and know they'll do great with the little one. Anna and I had a nice 2.5 mile walk in the woods, think it was good for all of us to get out and get some fresh air!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 21, 2012 12:17am

Sorry for lack of personals, busy time of year with my job. My spotting gone, which is good. Starting to have cravings, I could be just crazy. Today I wanted a double cheese and fries from McDonald's for lunch. Now I am home from work I want spaghetti-Os. Why do I want junk food to eat? I try to eat healthy. I drink lots of milk instead of soda and fruit and veggies.

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by courtney12 » Feb. 21, 2012 1:05am

Thanks knicole that does ease my mind a bit. I did have this with a previous pregnancy and it did reasorb its self so I'm hoping the same happens this time. I go back march 6 for my ob to do another scan and check on it.

User Image

courtney12

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 21, 2012 1:19am

Courtney- most all the time they are reabsorbed.. no stress!! ;) glad you posted too.. funny because literally like 10 mins ago I was JUST thinking about you. lol.

Heather- lol.. I had been doing really well with the healthy cravings until this week. Yesterday and today I ate almost an entire bag of cheetos. Idk I just HAD to have cheetos yesterday. I never want cheetos so.. my husband was laughing at me.. I have also been really wanting a milkshake and french fries together lately.. sounds freaking amazing! haha.. trying to be good though.. trying. I have been loving the milk and orange juice lately though.

Auburnmama- aww glad Anna was able to get out with you! I am sure Bella is sick of me always laying around I can't wait to get enough energy to walk and get some air!.. and yes thats EXACTLY what it feels like is a nyquil induced coma/fatigue. Like when I am out.. I am OUT cold! lol. uhh and I had a pimple next to my nip on my boob I noticed this yesterday.. i was like.. "Really!?" it was.. really sexy. lolol. ughhhhh

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 21, 2012 1:26am

Yeah I had some sexy chest pimples going on too....I feel sooooooo pretty!!!

Maybe weeks 9-10 are more tiring cause the placenta is finishing up and baby is starting to GROW!! I'm still sleepy, but not near as foggy as I was. Of course we'll have to see how the work week goes.

As for Friday, my BFF who also has a tilted uterus said when she went to hear her heartbeat, they couldn't get it with Doppler so had to do another u/s. she told me so I wouldn't freak out, but now I'm kinda hoping for another u/s!!!! I can't feel my uterus yet, so I don't know when I'll have a true bump....

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama