Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Sep 2013 babies!!! - Page 17

Replies (455)

Reply by lyssa787 » Mar. 19, 2013 3:40pm

So I'm not even 14 weeks yet, but almost (or a little over since we had jumped back an entire week from 10 to 9). Generally I feel Ryn move, but I can't really tell what he's doing, it's just the fluttery type feelings. Today at work I was sitting in my chair when I felt a kick or a punch right where Ryn generally is!! NOT fluttery, and not painful, but definitely him or her! I can't think of another way to describe it other than literally feeling like I was kicked or punched right in the belly!! I am over the moon!!! My husband was in a chair next to me, and when it happened my hand went to my stomach and I must have had a pretty shocked expression because he was all over me lol. I grinned and told him that everything was fine, his baby was just kicking or punching :D
I'm really stoked about it because generally women only talk about feeling this kind of stuff this early if it's their second or third kiddo. I'm praying in the back of my mind that this doesn't indicate that anythings wrong - I just have a big strong baby in there ;)

2Frsty - That's great!! Eating feels soooo awesome now that it's not followed by ickyness :) I haven't popped yet, but I feel like my B belly is getting closer and closer to being a D.

CJPalaska - That sounds like a great waste of a weekend :D I'm glad you found the dogs owner and I hope you feel better soon! I <3 Zofran!!

Babymama - Hope the surgery goes well! We're getting wayyyyy too much snow around here (WI) I hope the roads are safe by you.

Bubica - Congrats on week 16 :D

LindsayTom and babynique - only 2 more weeks til my next scan! I'm thinking of doing the string and ring test. I'm just sooo impatient! lol

lyssa787

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 19, 2013 6:33pm

I'm not sure if what I've been feeling is JP, but I'm trying to stay positive! I keep over analyzing every single twinge I feel in my belly; I'm looking forward to the day when he kicks/punches me and I KNOW it's him!

The best news for today is my hubby surprised me with a consultation for a cleaning service to come in and help me out! We have 3 huge dogs and live in the country. Hubby has started helping out around the house, but even with the extra help I feel really overwhelmed! I'm hoping the service will be cheap enough that I'll be able to have them come out twice a month!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
Delivered my baby September 4, 2013
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 19, 2013 11:17pm

2frsty I just said the same thing to myself!! I thought I would get to keep my belly button just a little longer! NOPE. Its getting close to popping out! My belly started showing this last week as well :) I've started getting belly touchers.

Lyssa I feel baby move now too! Its amazing but I haven't gotten a strong kick yet. Lucky you!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kcordell

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 20, 2013 6:44am

I went to a ladies Easter function at church last night and had my first experiences of belly touching. lol

Considering my Mom had it on her fb page that shes expecting another grandson and posted my scan, everyone who came up to me to congratulate me touched it. lol

I am definitely starting to feel our little one more and more. Not strong kicks as yet but he is making his presence known to his Momma. Especially when he is not to keen on my sleeping position or how happy he is when I eat. Such a male.

- 27 September but mc in October at 8wks
- 08 January 2013

VBAC planned however if baby hasn't arrived by 16 September then we will have a c-sec.

User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Lindsaytom

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 20, 2013 11:33pm

Hi ladies! Well I had my chromosone test ultrasound today ...... and everything looked good! No risk of Down's ect. I had to bring my little girl with me because my husband had to work- but the staff eagerly held her and entertained her while I had my ultrasound.... so nice! Baby was doing good and heartbeat was 162. I have my next dr. apt. next week. I wanted a sneek peek at the gender since my husband wasn't there (he doesn't want to know) but she said it was too early! Darn! I am trying to decide what to do with our nursery since it is too small for both babies - we are moving them in together in one room to share...... but how do I decorate it? Any ideas? My little girl will be 1 and 1/2 .... if we have a boy then it will be a girl and a boy sharing a room.....what kind of theme should I do? Anyone else had to do this?

cjpalaska

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 21, 2013 12:33am

CJP my babies are sharing a room as well! DH and I live in an Apt right now because hes in school and we don't want to be tied down with a house. Well DS will be 3 1/2 when baby is born! If Baby C is a girl I am probably going to go with a neutral color over all and do there beds his boyish hers girlish :) However if I have another boy we are doing their room in an adorable super hero theme since that is what DS is loving right now and we have found a super cute NOT cheesy way to do it :)

kcordell

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Mar. 21, 2013 1:22pm

I will be 17wks on mon and have my gender scan on tues, can't wait! Really hoping for a girl.

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 21, 2013 1:41pm

Good morning, ladies! I had the best night ever last night! We have a local fb page called ClutterBugs where people can post things they have for sale. My girlfriend has been stalking it for me, keeping an eye out for baby things. She texted me with a girl's number who had 4 boxes of boy clothes from 0-9 months for $45. So I called her and we met at a local Walmart. It was dark and 30 degrees outside, so I didn't get to look through them. When DH and I got them home I immediately felt terribly guilty...I should've given that girl $100 at least! There were so many clothes I doubt I'll have to buy baby clothes for 7-8 months! And the majority of the stuff is Carter's and Osh Kosh, so it's good stuff in perfect condition! I am so excited! There were clothes, snow suits, a halter to carry him, socks, shoes...check THIS out!
User Image

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 22, 2013 6:07am

Hi ladies,

Super score on the clothes. Thankfully for me I have 3 boxes of clothes from DS which I need to go through this weekend.

Our boys will also be sharing a room for now as we're in the process of wanting to start looking for a house but do we really need those extra expenses now? We shall see.

Our place is a stone colour, so thinking boys room will be kept neutral with turquoise pops of colour. But I so wish I could do a baby's room.

Lindsaytom

Reply by DeeDeeT » Mar. 22, 2013 1:45pm

Good morning ladies! I hope everyone is feeling well.

I finally had my first 2 appointments with my new doctors and team. They were all very friendly and informational. The first appt was just with the nurses, learning the facility, doing tons of paperwork, and drawing so much blood for screenings. I thought I wasn't going to have any blood left! The 2nd appt was with the doctor (who has the same name as me, how funny!) Baby is growing and progressing well, and was measuring two days larger. I'm jealous of you other ladies because I was not able to see the gender. . But hopefully things will be nice and clear at my 20 week appt in 5 weeks. Also, it seems like the minute I walked out of the appt, I had a baby explosion! I developed a bump overnight, and like I think 2Frsty and someone else, I'm already about to lose my belly button

In other news, I am so excited to be seeing my husband again in 2 weeks at his graduation from basic training!

And is anyone else suffering majorly from pollen and allergies? I'm miserable!

DeeDeeT

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 22, 2013 2:06pm

Deedee that is fantastic!!! I am so glad your getting to see the hubs soon! And yessss I have had terrible congestion. I must be pollen related. However I have never had allergies before. Any remedies?

Lindsay I'm the same way. I have probably 6 bins of boys cloths. My SIL used my sons cloths and put all of the ones she bought in the bins so I now I have all of my sons plus my nephews. Oh how I hope its a boy!

2frsty! What a jackpot!! Way to go!!!!!

BabyMama! yay for you!! Soo jealous ;) Good luck on getting your girl!!

kcordell

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 22, 2013 2:58pm

Hi ladies.....

I use to work as a pharmacy technician and I have very bad sinus and allergy issues all year round but especially so in the spring and fall........ you can take zyrtec or claritin while pregnant and you can take sudafed (buy behind the counter at the pharmacy) while pregnant! Both of those help with allergies. You can also take benedryl (for watery eyes or runny nose)

If your allergies are more nose related issues then you can get a prescription nose spray from your dr. that helps with allergies...... like Flonase or Nasonex......

Hope that helps.....

I have a question for you ladies..... we need to go visit my family for Easter..... and stay with my sister.... well she hasn't had a baby for 15 years now! Her house is NOT baby proof AT ALL (glass tables ect.) No carpet upstairs, fireplace, no plug covers ........ you get the idea! But last time our little girl wasn't as mobile - only rolling over- now she is crawling and standing and grabbing EVERYTHING! So does anyone have a good strategy they use to keep thier little ones safe in someone else's home that isn't baby proof? She even has stairs (which we don't) I don't want to have to buy a pack and play just for the trip and I know my little girl won't stay in that long anyway.......????

cjpalaska

Reply by FullOfBaby0527 » Mar. 22, 2013 2:58pm

When I went to my 16wk appt yesterday I told my doc about the bloody sneezes I have been having and she said it was due to sinus and pregnancy and suggested I get a humidifier to sleep with

FullOfBaby0527

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 22, 2013 3:11pm

I have a really big guest room that I'm going to turn into a nursery. The people who owned the house before us actually painted it blue and white paisley...it's hideous! My husband loves it, but I'm not bringing my son home to that awful room! But we're going to be putting the house up for sale to move back to Texas to be closer to my Mom 3 months after the baby's born. We've decided not to go all out on a nursery just yet; we're going to paint it a neutral tan/beige color. It goes with the Classic Winnie the Pooh theme I'm going with, and it'll help sell the house better than that terrible paisley!!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 22, 2013 3:28pm

CJP Is it going to be warm where she lives? I would suggest trying to stay outside as much as possible. My grandmothers house is the same way. Brick hearth, crystal bowls on the granite coffee table. I'm a nervous wreck there so I tend to migrate the group outside so he can play and we can all relax. Also if your room is upstairs I'd get a knob cover to keep her in the room with you so you don't have to worry about her opening the door and going towards the stairs when your back is turned.

kcordell

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 22, 2013 4:16pm

Unfortunately there is no door to the stairs..... and we will be sleeping in the finished basement area. it will be next weekend and I think it is going to be too cold to be outside! I would just keep her in the basement (it is carpeted and less furniture ect.) but last time we did that I felt completely isolated from everyone and she expects me to help with the Easter dinner ect. Let's just say my sister is less than willing or undertsanding to change her "lifestyle" for us while we are there :( So I will have to be upstairs where the "danger" is ....... Otherwise it ends up my husband is downstairs with Madison all day by himself and I have to be upstairs helping my sister..... UGH Family drama....... I just don't know what to do or how to handle it?

Also I am not sure what to do for her for sleeping arrangements either? she has outgrown her mini crib and she is too small for other travel cribs.... she is 10 months old and can stand and crawl. Does anyone have suggestions for traveling and sleeping for little ones?

cjpalaska

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 22, 2013 7:25pm

Ahh cjp I hate that:/ Ds co sleeps when we go places if there isn't a bed for him

kcordell

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 23, 2013 1:21am

Question for you ladies: Anyone so far have their vision change since they're been pregnant? I've had headaches right behind my eyes every day for about a week and a half now, and it's not my sinuses. I feel like I did right before I got glasses the first time. My sister-in-law said that your eyes can change forcing you to get a stronger RX while pregnant, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen this time or in previous pregnancies...

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Mar. 23, 2013 10:44pm

so went to the er last night after 5hrs of the WORST migraine EVER! Couldn't keep anything down and my right eye is killing me. The whole left side of my body went numb...I cried b/c I missed the pizza/movie party here w/ my son. :(

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 24, 2013 12:48am

BigMama: did they give you anything to help with the migraine? I hope so! Hope it goes away or gets better soon!

cjpalaska