Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Sep 2013 babies!!! - Page 18

Replies (455)

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 24, 2013 3:03pm

Day #1 in week 16!! I'm so excited! Went to see the eye doctor yesterday and lo and behold, my prescription had changed! Gotta wait a bit for the new glasses, but at least they're on the way!

Any of you ladies have trouble with your hands swelling already? Mine aren't swelling really bad yet, but I've noticed my wedding rings fitting a little tighter. I've only gained 3-4 pounds so I know it's not fat!!

Gonna try to work a bit in the nursery today. I said that yesterday too, and I sat on my pregnant butt all day!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
Delivered my baby September 4, 2013
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 25, 2013 6:56am

Hi ladies,

So I am indeed a nervous wreck with this pregnancy but think I've handled things well so far.

However, since yesterday (we had another busy weekend) I haven't felt any of baby's small movements and I am almost certain my tummy is smaller this morning. Like flatter. I look not pregnant. And I'm stressing silently.

No cramps, pains, no underlying nausea nothing. Couldn't sleep last night as usual and woke up to wee during the night but have this sense of feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

Maybe I'm just going bonkers. Have my next appointment on Thursday with Doc. I'm sure she will say all is well.

- 27 September but mc in October at 8wks
- 08 January 2013

VBAC planned however if baby hasn't arrived by 16 September then we will have a c-sec.

User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Lindsaytom

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 25, 2013 1:47pm

Lindsay relax hun! Sound like the baby has just changed positions. The baby's legs could be pointing down or towards your back. Right now baby has tons of room to move around and certain positions can make you look smaller. Also I am always smaller in the mornings before I eat/drink anything so its okay!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

kcordell

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 25, 2013 6:23pm

Lindsay--> Stop stressing! We're supposed to be entering the "Golden Days" of pregnancy, where the lack of symptoms is normal (or at the very least not abnormal!) Unless you experience any bleeding which would warrant a trip to the ER, try to relax and enjoy the lack of nausea! Sending prayers your way for your !

On another note, I think I'm going bald! I am shedding like no one's business! I have very long hair (almost to my waist) and this stuff is everywhere! Is this normal, or am I gonna look like a circus freak by the time JP is born?!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Mar. 25, 2013 6:49pm

I lost TONS of hair w/ every pregnancy and my hair is VERY thick. Needless to say I didn't go bald, lol.

My mom and I took my little guy out in his wheelchair for a walk today b/c we had cabin fever being cooped up in here. This pregnancy is literally from hell b/c now I feel like I'm gonna faint. So tired of feeling like crap!

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 25, 2013 6:55pm

I feel ya! I'm in 2 different choirs at the local college, and I was so breathless today while I was singing!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 26, 2013 6:39am

kcordell - thank you for easing my mind, I am also smaller in the mornings than at night. So i guess you're so right. Last night he was active again. Lazy bugger.

2Frsty - with my DS I lost such a lot of hair. However, I have thin hair so you could see it (hair was constantly up in a pony to hide my scalp)... This time around it seems to be growing alot and looking thicker but still I'm shedding. lol
Its normal my doc says because of all the hormones. Some people become hairy (SIL) and others shed.

Ladies, I am having such a hard time keeping my opinion to myself about my SIL. She is also pregnant and due in May. BUT she has decided at 35wks enough is enough and she has booked her c-sec for 2 April. WTFudge... Seriously, reason we carry for 40wks is because according to the man above thats how long this bun takes to bake. But 35wks is just cutting it close. Even for c-sec. Her previous one she went into preterm labour at 33wks and instead of listening to the Doc and stalling labour she opted to deliver (c-sec) and have baby live in NICU for 1 month.
Thankfully this baby will be 2.4kg at birth which he has that on his side. But you never know the damage you could potentially do by literally playing God.

If I am wrong please tell me.

Lindsaytom

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 26, 2013 12:51pm

Lindsay I tend to agree with you. My SIL was in active labor with her 3rd for 3 straight days before she gave birth. She stayed at work through 2 of them (she was having regular contractions but not dilating.) Your body will let you know when it's time. My OB told me that there's a good chance I'll have to deliver with a C-Section due to a flattened pelvis, but I told him that regardless I am not scheduling it. If my baby needs to be taken C-Section then they can do it AFTER I've gone into labor unless there's a clear reason not to! Doctors these days are so quick to push the C-Sections; my friend's doctor convinced her to have one when her prowess slowed after her epidural...it's supposed to slow down after the epidural!!!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 26, 2013 12:57pm

Lindsay you are definitely not wrong. I believe that the baby will come when the baby is ready. Our bodies are designed that way. At 35 weeks there is some serious brain and lung development going on still. Yes baby is viable and can survive however, I do not believe they are still not fully developed.

Oh guys I am so excited!! Today is my sons birthday!! He is 3!! We're having his party this weekend at my in laws but I got about a hundred balloons and blew them up last night. ( man my fingers hurt!!!) And I hung streamers all over his door way and the living room! The living room is a flood of multi color balloons!! His presents are on the coffee table with Shipleys donuts that I picked up at the crack of dawn so that they'd be on the coffee table when he wakes up Now if his sweet butt would just wake up!

kcordell

Reply by lyssa787 » Mar. 26, 2013 1:40pm

Kcordell - that is the sweetest thing ever!! I'm sure the little man will have a great day :D

LindsayTom - Evvverybody's different when it comes to bumps and symptoms. My belly looks HUGE when I first wake up, but then is normal by the time I'm ready to leave the house (which kind of bums me out. I wanna show off! :P) And nausea is totally gone some days, and back with a vengeance others. It will all even out :)
And I definitely don't think you're incorrect about SIL. That sounds like quite the scary decision to me. Even if I'm dying to get this kid out of me at 35ish weeks, I'll be letting it stay until it's ready or we've hit 45. Maybe he just needs a little more time? Who are we to know what's going on in their little mind? I hope everything works out okay, and that her baby is just fine though. I would imagine that would leave some horrible guilt for her if it wasn't :(

2Frsty - I wish I was with ya on the losing end of the hair spectrum. I can't seem to stop growing it. I already have really thick hair, but now it's nearly uncontrollable. It doesn't seem to be growing long, just...out. Thicker. Plus now I need to shave my legs every day or I feel gross and pokey. Before I could go 3 days! Ah, oh well. I probably won't turn into Sasquatch and you probably won't go bald :)

As for me...I did the baking soda test twice and got BOY each time. Tons of fizz and foam!! I tried it once last night and once this morning with fmu because supposedly that may make a difference. I want to be right so bad!! 8 more days til I know for sure!! Have you guys tried any of the gender tests?

lyssa787

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 26, 2013 4:39pm

Lyssa I haven't tried that!! How do you do it?!

kcordell

Reply by lyssa787 » Mar. 26, 2013 4:55pm

You're supposed to put about a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup, then add some pee to it and see if it fizzes and foams - if it does it's a boy, if it doesn't it's a girl :) Something about our urine being more acidic with boys and alkaline with girls. Some places say to stir it, some dont. I tried both ways both times, and it fizzed either way. :) I'm hesitant to trust it, because I'm still drinking pop and orange juice, so I'd imagine that makes my pee acidic...but I've read several forum threads on it and it was pretty accurate for those ladies!

lyssa787

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 26, 2013 9:49pm

i definately say 35 weeks is way too early to induce.... I am really surprised that her dr. is allowing that! My dr. stopped my preterm labor at 33 weeks and then would not induce for any reason other than complications and with that only at 37 weeks. There are just too many things that can not be compeletly developed before 37 weeks.... I think it is too risky unless absolutely necessar for health of mom and baby!

cjpalaska

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 27, 2013 6:14am

I'm glad I'm not seen as a Queen B, because to Dh I am being one. But they just don't understand. The consequences could be for life. Her doc is an idiot. Last baby was delivered at 33wks (he is a real idiot).

kcordell - Happy born day to your son and congrats for making it thus far. Hope he has a great birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a wonderful party the weekend.

Lindsaytom

Reply by cjpalaska » Mar. 27, 2013 1:42pm

So I was casually talking to dh about the baby room and clothes ect. and up to recently he wanted the gender to be a surprise like last time..... but then he said, "unless we find out this time around..." So I let it go for a few hours then I asked him if he was serious about finding out this time or just joking? So we talked about it and turns out he changed his mind and agrees with me that it was fun the first time not knowing but we have way more to plan this time so it would be good to know! So we agreed to find out!!!! So excited! Not sure when our next ultrasound will be (probably not for another month) but happy he changed his mind!

cjpalaska

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 27, 2013 1:54pm

Happy for you guys, first time is fun and new parents you don't care.

This time its baby nursery and names and and and that you know about.

Tomorrow is my next appointment and I hope I have another ultrasound.

Lindsaytom

Reply by 2Frsty » Mar. 27, 2013 11:37pm

CJ--> I'm happy DH finally conceded to find out what baby is gonna be! Mine wanted to keep it a secret too, but luckily for me baby wasn't shy at all!

I have my 16 week appointment this Friday afternoon. I'm hoping they'll schedule an u/s for our "official" gender scan fairly quickly. I always like seeing my son!
On another note, I'm about 90% sure I'm getting ANOTHER stinkin' UTI! I made an appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully she'll just give me the Macrobid and get in over with! I just hate these UTI's!

I added a pregnancy app to my cell phone called babybump, and was reading a forum called "Things Nobody Told You" in the 2nd Trimester section, and OMG, I thought I was going to die laughing at some of the things ladies wrote!

~Linda~
December 27, 2012
April 4, 2016
Hoping for a this time!

2Frsty

Reply by BabyMamax5 » Mar. 28, 2013 3:36am

I am expecting a boy and am devastated by it! DH is not happy either. We were told it was a girl only to find out wed it's a boy, this will make 3 boys under 5! I'm trying to get over it by buying him clothes and using his name alot but it hasn't sunk in yet.

User Image
Pregnant with a
User Image

BabyMamax5

Reply by Lindsaytom » Mar. 28, 2013 12:43pm

Went for check up and all is well. Baby is growing nicely and all is well. No problems.

And I was wrong about my weight gain, it was only 800g woohoo for 14wks thats good man. So chuffed.

Lindsaytom

Reply by kcordell » Mar. 28, 2013 1:17pm

Babymamma So sorry you didn't get the girl you were hoping for. My MIL has all boys and so she spoils all her DIL ;) healthy baby is the ultimate goal though!

CJP yay for finding out!!

Okay so has anyone else have this problem? Every time I blow my nose its bloody. Gross I know. But I've never had this problem. Is this normal or should I see the dr?

kcordell