Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 2

Replies (282)

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 27, 2012 8:06pm

Leniana, we're about at the same place...although I didn't have a nap at my appt today, I sat for an hour in the waiting room near this whole family of smokers..OMG the smell was horrid!

When I finally got in, the nurse had to search for like 5 mins for the heartbeat. She was worried I was going to freak out, but I knew he was in there, he'd been squirming in the waiting room, but we waited so long it was near lunch time so I was pissy, which I gather made him pissy. Baby wants to EAT!!

But when she finally did find him (he squirmed away from her again) and got the beat, he'd moved from low down to way high...I was like "This kid did NOT flip the wrong way on me!!!"

Doc said in two weeks at my 36 (first of my weeklys) when he checks me (and gives the Strep B test, yay!) if he can't get an idea where he is, he'll do an US to find out. We were going to wait till 37-38 wks for size, but Doc wants to know where Andon is headed.

Other than that, all is good. We talked about BC and the IUD and he's all for it, said we can go ahead and get everything set so whenever I come in for my 6 week post checkup, he'll go ahead and do it then.

I hope everyone has a great weekend...nesting is in full force so we'll be working on redoing the spare bedroom this weekend. :)

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Jul. 27, 2012 8:16pm

Hey ladies ..
Leniana- wow weekly checks !? I cant believe how close we all are . I have next appt next friday . Ill be 34 weeks so im assuming my next appt after that will be 36 weeks then the weekly appts

Mrsmeggiemac- I will most definitely be circumsizing my lil one . When the topic was ever brought up to my husband there was never any questions asked it was just "yes he is " end of discussion lol but not only that but for me its also a faith and personal religious beliefs but no I def wont be in that room when that happens .

AFM- 33 weeks today . I posted my bump photo on facebook and everyone said ive dropped already but idk hes always been low I have only felt him kick my ribs a few times and his hiccups I feel in my crotch and butt lol. Im also getting some lovely pulled muscle sensations in my inner thigh groin area. Thats been fun . I slept so bad last night . Liam was sooo crazy active like all night long and I had to pee like five times then the power went out at 3 am causing my fan and AC to go out so the hotness and lacking of circulating air woke me up almost immediately ...blah . Ive got my bedroom all set up for him . I have the glider rocking chair , pack n play and a bassinet all set up however my animals are driving me nuts wanting to explore everything with thier hairy dirty nastiness since I cant wash or brush them without help ..so thats driving me nuts .

Also question...how does everyone feel about pacifiers ?? I have been reading mixed things about them . The breastfeeding book im reading which is super awesome btw recommends no pacifiers till breastfeeding has been established etc after about 40 days / 6 weeks ...idk yet ...and those breastfeeding are you following a schedule or feeding on demand ??

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 28, 2012 1:47pm

Knicole- our lactation consultant said in our class to not use a bottle/paci until about 3 weeks...she said in the beginning it's important for them to get all those little mouth muscles working so they can build a firm latch foundation. Since the paci/ bottle is so much easier, if you use it, it will make them less likely want to nurse, since it's harder.

I plan to feed on demand those first three weeks, then start a schedule. I found a blog that has an awesome schedule system, I'll find it and post it.

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by flowermommy81 » Jul. 28, 2012 2:52pm

Knicole -- I breastfed, at least in the beginning, on a combination of both demand and schedule. They need to eat every two to three hours or so in the beginning. But, I had a very sleepy baby who was bad about waking up for feedings and staying awake during them. I fed her when she wanted, but if it was pushing three or four hours and she was still asleep, I would wake her. So I did on demand, but kept my eye on the schedule too.

As for the paci, I agree with Auburn. You want to wait about three or four weeks to introduce it and a bottle. But, you don't want to wait too long either and risk them rejecting a bottle. A bottle comes in handy sometimes. We introduced the bottle at three weeks and it never affected breastfeeding. Also, a helpful hint that will save you loads of grief down the road, when they get to be about four, five or six months old -- whenever they start cutting teeth and are gumming at fists or toys -- take the paci away for good and replace it with a teether. Once they get to be that age, they switch from needing suckling to needing more chewing since they are cutting teeth. They will never miss it then. We were given that advice in breastfeeding class. I've seen too many two, three and yes, even four years olds, still hung up on a paci. It can definitely be avoided. =)

flowermommy81

Reply by gppacen » Jul. 29, 2012 7:40am

Yesterday was my baby shower and it was wonderful! I can't wait to start putting things together:)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend:)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 30, 2012 4:45pm

Hi All! Just got back yesterday from Petawawa, ON (7hrs away!) where we attended a wedding of DH friend. The in-laws live there as well and surprised me with a baby shower! We camped friday night at MIL's camper and I thought I was going for a walk in the morning...the walk took me to a big tent with a bunch of ladies and cameras pointing at me haha. I still didn't clue in...I said "oh look someone's having a picnic/party" lol. I was truly surprised and we got SO much stuff our car was packed! We weren't able to take home our stroller/travel system as we didn't have the room but my step MIL is coming to town this week and is bringing it with her. My family is throwing me a baby shower Aug 26th too so I can't imagine all of the things were going to get...this baby is going to be spoiled!

Good to read up on all the breastfeeding tips! My mother BF me and my two sisters and also said not to wait too long before introducing the bottle or else they are attached to you and only you. I'd really like DH to be able to feed the baby and experience and share that bonding time.

I don't know about you ladies but the fact August is almost here truly excites me! I just feel like the baby being here is closer than ever (although I'm due at the very end of September).

I'm wondering what to do about all the family that is going to want to travel to see us and of course STAY at our home as soon as the baby is born. I told DH I really don't want a bunch of family coming to stay with us the first week we have the baby as my body will be recovering as well as trying to learn how to take care of this baby. He has his mother and her b/f as well as his father and his wife that will want to be coming as soon as they find out. Is it bad of me to ask them to get a hotel? My mom/dad will be staying with us the first week as for me, my mother is whom I'm most comfortable being around and having her help me through the learning process. To have 2 other sets of parents staying with us along with mine would be just too much....I just don't know how to tell them this!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Coomy08 » Jul. 30, 2012 5:08pm

Circumcision- I'll be getting my son circumcised. Working as a CNA with the elderly cleared that question up for me years ago,also my husband wants it done and I figure he's a guy so he should have a big say in this situation since he's the one with the boy parts not me.

Breastfeeding: Once baby gets home and settled I'm going to try and establish a feeding schedule, my son was on a every 3hr feeding schedule when he came home from the NICU and it was nice.

Paci- Since I'll be able to actually breastfeed this time and not just pump like I had to with my son, I'm not sure if I want to use one this time or not. My son liked it and it helped him develop his sucking muscles and skills and helped calm him in the middle of the night and during naps, but he wouldn't give it up till he was around 1yr old and then my MIL was still letting him have a paci behind my back up till he was around 2(probably why it took a year for him to give it up)! I plan on going back to work around 4 weeks( if my doc lets me) so I know I'll be introducing a bottle before then and the paci might help with that transition.The pros and cons right now are weighing evenly...

AFM- Been feeling a bit sick to my stomach the last couple of days, nauseous, extremely tired, and for like the past week my bowels have been moving everyday easily and frequently..not sure if somethings going around or if the next 7ish weeks are just going to feel like the 1st trimester all over again.
Getting impatient for Thursday to get here so I can see my lil man again and see how big he's getting..plus I should have my official c-section date then as well .
Went to a birthday party yesterday for my friends 3yr old, and within the 1st 5 minutes of being there I heard over and over how little I am and that I don't even look like I'm 8 months pregnant, and then of course the boob comments...but I've had comments made to me about my boob size since I was like 13-14 yrs old so that's nothing new, I honestly don't think that my boobs have grown any this pregnancy..I'm a DD and my bra isn't fitting any differently now than it did 32 weeks ago, it'll be my luck they enlarge ridiculously when my milk comes in.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Jul. 30, 2012 5:38pm

Hi ladies... those baby showers sound super awesome :) Did either of you get anything cool that was unexpected? (well Mrs. Mom got the whole shower that was unexpected! )

I had a nice burst of nesting yesterday and got half the bedroom carpet cleaned. Hubby moved his dresser for me and we got all the baby stuff that belongs upstairs upstairs! I got my little nursery organizer thing hung up on the wall and packed with the diapers and wipes and whatnot. All that's missing is the crib, which as I think I mentioned we are just waiting for a good deal on or barring that we will pick it up late august with a 20% off coupon I am hanging onto.

Think I need to pickup another plastic chest of drawers to stack with the one I have, I have so many baby blankets and sheets my linen closet is full, and I don't have enough room for my regular blankets/sheets/towels! (We may also have too many blankets in general lol)

This week I am planning on moving some small tables and trying to get my new lamp hung up (hubby jobs), and then getting the pack and play put out downstairs. Does anyone have any tips for keeping cats out of it til the baby gets here? I tried aluminum foil on my chest of drawers when it was where they could reach, they just ignored that. I have heard balloons might work, I am also thinking just buying a big roll of saran wrap and covering the top with it so they can't get into it hehe.

I may have overdone it yesterday though, I am having a lot of acheyness in my pelvic bones (like where my thigh bones connect between my legs). Maybe all the activity just worked Wyatt down and put more pressure on the area as well, I am not sure. I am super sleepy today and so is baby, he is moving around but just not quite as active as normal, more wiggles and pushes than kicks (he was kicking a lot this weekend though). Maybe he's just running out of room hehe.

Mrs Mom - I wouldn't feel bad at all about saying that additional guests need to stay at a hotel. Your hubby should be the one telling them anyways, since it is his family. From the sound of it your parents made their plans first so they got first dibs in staying with you. He can just tell them you won't have room (which is probably true, unless you somehow have three extra bedrooms you aren't using), and if they're unhappy with that then that's not really your problem.

Plus, even if they are there "to help," everyone knows it's a huge hassle to try and prepare for that much company, even when you aren't 9 months along and probably exhausted. You'll feel more obligated to clean and cook up extra stuff beforehand and it's just not worth it. And if your mom is the one staying with you and helping you through everything, then she may end up being the one everyone sticks with the cooking for the massive amounts of people, and that could lead to more problems depending on how well everyone gets along. If they are at a hotel they will be more on their own for food and entertaining themselves when they aren't ooohing over the baby.

I can't add much to the breastfeeding discussion since I feel like my son was super easy in that respect! The nurses gave him a few bottles with formula in the NICU because I didn't have my own car at the time so I couldn't visit to feed him all the time after I was discharged. It never bothered him and he breastfed just fine in the hospital when I could get there and at home. I breastfed pretty exclusively for quite a while, I did end up giving him bottles of pumped milk once in a while and he never rejected them either, he wouldn't even care if they were heated up or not!

I'm bracing myself for this one cause I know I can't be that lucky twice!

My son never did like a paci though, even as a tiny baby; he was a thumb sucker and it took a long time to break him of that (til he was 4; I think the looming threat of kids at school seeing the huge callus on this thumb was the breaker). I do like Jambolina's tip on taking the paci away when they start teething though, if this one does like pacis then I may try that!

My son is coming home from his trip with his dad tonight so I am excited to see him again after over a week! I get to have him the rest of the week and then next Tuesday we will start up his normal routine again. I hope this pelvis pain goes away, he wants to go to an extra tae kwon do class on Wednesday and they only have wooden benches for sitting on.. I may need to bring a pillow!

Hope everyone's weekend went well!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 30, 2012 5:49pm

Yep, sounds like we're all entering the lovely 3T symptoms! I just get so tired so easy and cumbersome! Poor DH was working on my revamp of the spare room yesterday and I felt so worthless, but he said it was fine!

It's so wrong that you become so tired and almost helpless during the end of pregnancy, but then you ask your body to do the hardest job it will ever do!

Re Family: None of our family lives here, they're about 1-3 hours away. We've told them all that the first day home is off limits, we want to come home, get settled and let the dogs meet Andon without being overwhelmed. My mom and dad will prob stay at a hotel so if I need them, they'll be there without "being" there. Then after that, people are welcome, but not all at once, and no one is staying at our house other than my mom.

I've set rules and this is the one time I feel you can get away with it. I seriously don't want to feel like entertaining my brother in law while I'm wearing a diaper!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Leniana » Jul. 31, 2012 2:06pm

Well yesterday afternoon I got a call from my doc's office. They got my blood work back from my appointment and both my iron and my thyroid levels were a little bit low. So I started some synthroid and some slow release iron today. I am hoping this helps with the energy levels a little bit, even if I am in the third tri I don't think sleeping 12 hours at night (albeit with waking up a couple times to roll over and/or pee!) and then still being tired all day were quite normal hehe.

I am feeling much better today actually compared to yesterday, so glad too. I went home after picking up my son and my scripts and ordered a pizza, and then we just laid on the couch together and watched movies. Think my son was tired after his long drive as well. It was nice to snuggle under a blanket with the pups and each other and relax (AC was up but if you turn it off it gets too warm). Hubby laid with us a while too before he started falling asleep and then went up to bed.

Had some more BHs last night, even had one wake me up. Seem to be getting them at least every other day or so, sometimes every day. They don't usually last long at least. They don't really hurt usually but they make me feel very out of breath, does anyone else get that?

Leniana

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 31, 2012 6:14pm

Leniana - I have a hard time feeling guilty for everything I want! But thanks for the advice. I agree my mom would end up trying to help me plus feed everyone and entertain. My parents live an hour away and could drive home but I want my mom there to help me for a few days. MIL and b/f and FIL and his wife live 5 and 7 hours away but we only have two other rooms. One of which is an office and the other is where my parents will stay. So we really won't have any extra room. I just know my MIL is very cheap so I hope she won't mind the expense of the hotel. Glad you are getting to see your son after a week...bet you missed him loads! I was told to take iron pills months ago but when I picked them up the pharmacist said it would make me feel sick and I had JUST come off 4 months of 24/7 nausea....needless to say I haven't taken ONE out of fear. Instead, I looked up iron rich foods and have tried to do better in that area. Hope the meds help you with the fatigue! Also, my babe def is running out of room. Movements feel more like wiggles most of the time now. Once in a while a wild kick haha.

Auburn - I liked your rule of the first day being off limits. I told my husband I want that too.

Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 31, 2012 6:16pm

oh and Leniana - I haven't had any BH yet at all....no leaking breasts, no swelling ...I am feeling TOO good almost. Besides being tired from lack of sleep most of the time and back pain. I was hoping to go a week early maybe, but this baby seems pretty comfy

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Leniana » Jul. 31, 2012 7:03pm

Mrs. Mom - I think my problem is that most meat does not sound very good at all to me right now. I've been trying to eat more peanut butter but mainly all I have wanted lately are salads and sweets hehe. I do usually have an egg or two at least every couple of days but I guess that was not enough.

So far this iron pill hasn't caused any nausea, I bought it OTC so I didn't get any warnings from the pharmacy on it and the nurse who called just said to take it with OJ to increase the effects. I have been having mild nausea off and on the last few weeks so as long as it doesn't get any worse than that I can deal!

Well don't worry about your MIL, if she is too cheap to stay at a cheap hotel that's still not your fault :) She will want to see your baby so I think she will get over it. You have nothing to feel guilty for!

Auburn - hehe yeah the thought of wearing depends is kinda meh since I know I will be bombarded with guests (my family all lives within 5 minutes and the MIL is about 30 minutes away). But at the same time I have a feeling that I just won't care LOL.

I do want to have some time when we get home to introduce our dogs as well though, I am especially worried about our smaller chihuahua mix because he is one of those dogs that always wants to be in your lap. I'm afraid he's going to be very jealous. I have been trying to let them smell all the baby stuff and tell them, oh, this is for the baby, etc so maybe when he arrives and I say "this is the baby" hopefully it will click for them. I don't know if I can manage to keep the guests away for a whole day but at least a few hours for this (or maybe just overnight if I get released late) would be nice.

I went ahead and called the nurses line about the lessened movement and am waiting on a call back. Wyatt is a little more active today but still not as active as I am used to, and usually when he is not active it's just for a day and he's fine the next; never had it go for two days before. I just wanted to ask at what point I should call them, I am not super concerned but it's off enough that I feel I should let them know I guess.

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Jul. 31, 2012 7:40pm

Leniana-I am ever so lucky to not only start getting braxton hicks at 19 , weeks but I get them every single day ..a few anf hour now actually...yayy lol and YES this week they have begun to take my breath away . But my issue is its realllllly hard for me to stay hydrated which I am positive is contributing to my extreme fatigue .

Which speaking of I had all kinds of errands to run today ..omg I only got half of them done before I came home and waddled to my bed . I need a nap so bad . I slept horribly last night . We had thunderstorms all night long on top of having to pee every few hrs and my hips are def spreading and I feel
it .

Yesterday liam was super active but today not so much . Oh also leniana having the same issue with my cat and the bassinet and pack ng play ! Lol

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 31, 2012 8:09pm

Leniana- of the three cats and two dogs, we're only really "concerned" about one, Anna our GSD. She's our baby. We're not worried she'll do anything, we just want to make it easy on her. So we let her in the nursery, and talk about Andon all the time and call her "big sister". We've told family that day one is off limits so we can get the dogs settled, everyone knows they're our kids so to back off.

My BH are painless, but I can feel the tightening/balling up area, more so in the afternoon/evenings.

Sunday night I got no sleep...my nose was very very runny! Ugh! So yesterday I was tired all day. I left work early, put the new comforter in the revamped spare room, then my china cabinet came in so we went through my china which has been locked away for 10 years, put it out and I was DONE!

Took a bath, went to bed....COULDN'T FLIPPIN SLEEP!! My mind just didn't shut off...so I took one melatonin and BAM! Out! Then some storms came, I slept great, and I've been sleepy all day, so we'll see how the night goes.

I can't believe next week is 36 weeks for me...I mean, we're getting so close! I'm excited but getting nervous too...

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 1, 2012 12:21pm

I have some catching up to do!

Mrs. Mom - So glad you had a great time at your shower!

Coomy - It'll be nice to have a date when your little one will arrive! At this point for me I don't have an "urge" to find out the sex of the baby but I really want to know when he/she is arriving;)

Leniana - Take it easy with the nesting - don't overdo it! Hopefully the iron and synthroid will help with your energy levels. Is the low thyroid due to pregnancy - will this be something you have to deal with past pregnancy? And how is Wyatt - is he moving more now?
The shower was a "surprise" - but not really;) The only part that was surprising was my best friend from Atlanta came all the way up to PA for the shower. I had no idea - that was so nice. We've been friends since we were like 6 years old.

Auburnmama - I def am getting tired more easily too. I have days where I'm feeling energetic and then the next not so much.

knicole - I'm having BH everyday, several times a day too. They are def becoming more uncomfortable. I seem to notice them more when I'm at work.

I have a lot of shores to do today - I best get my butt in gear. Wonder how long I'll last...

Lol - people at work keep telling me I have to get bigger tops. Yes I know I do - but I really don't want to put out extra money on scrubs that I'll wear for 8 weeks. It's like "duh" I know my tops are getting tight:) Well if that's the only annoying thing my coworkers say then I am lucky;)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 1, 2012 2:56pm

Hi Ladies!

So the nurse called me back and said it was pretty normal for movement to slow down around 35 weeks; he just doesn't have as much room to move! She said if I get nervous just keep doing the kick counts and if he gets below ten movements in two hours then I would come in for a non-stress test.

He was moving more than that, it was just taking him longer to do it (instead of his normal 15 minutes more like 30), so I guess I have just been used to him being super active. He was moving around a lot more last night/early this morning as well, so I am wondering if he possibly flipped his sleeping times around as well.

I am thinking the thyroid/iron is helping a little bit; I am feeling somewhat more alert yesterday and today. I was still super tired and went to bed at 9pm but at least I didn't feel like falling asleep in my office at 11 am!

The thyroid issue went away after pregnancy last time with my first son; I actually had it much earlier with him (5 months vs 8 months). I do wonder sometimes if it dips low off and on because I'm one of those people who is always cold, slightly overweight, etc. but they have been checking them for me through this pregnancy and said they have been fine. So I don't use it as an excuse hehe. I am wondering if it's diet related, as it seems to happen more when I'm not eating as well. I'm on the very lowest dose either way so it's not a huge thing, just one more little annoyance, like today when I managed to drop the bottle with my clumsy pregnant fingers LOL.

nicole - Any luck keeping the cats out? I just don't want to have the baby napping in a cat haired pack n play, since both of them shed like mad!

I've been having the BHs off and on, they have just been getting to the point where they are uncomfortable. I'm usually pretty hydrated so drinking more doesn't help; the only thing that does is just breathing through them and rubbing my stomach. Occasionally switching positions or walking will help too.

Auburn - oy I hate the not being able to turn your brain off feeling! Oh hey I know you are exhausted and your body needs to recover but lets go over everything you didn't do today! Stupid brain.

Yeah bigger dogs seem to handle it better I think, because they generally have better manners than small dogs hehe. Nobody lets them get up on their laps and if they jump up they get corrected, while smaller dogs tend to get away with more. I have tried training the chihuahua to wait to be invited before jumping up, but it's a mixed bag since hubby does not bother making him do it with him (cause he's "cute). It won't be cute when he jumps up and scratches the baby though or knocks him down, or decides to growl at him because he's feeling possessive (though he's gotten better at that thankfully, due to a few pops on the nose when he growls at the cats stepping on him when he's hiding under a blanket heh).

My cats were both around when my first was born so I'm not worried about them at all, they will probably just sniff him, look at me disgustedly like "really, you brought home another one?" and then ignore him for the first year until he's old enough to chase them.

gp - I am trying not to overdo it but I do feel the pressure.. I only have a month left (!) and I don't usually have the time and energy to get much done during the week so I do tend to push myself on the weekends. I am feeling a little more prepared now after this last weekend though, now my main focus is getting the house cleaned up one last time so it's not super disgusting when guests are over, and getting the last little things like the pack and play set up.

We have everything we absolutely need, the crib will be here at the latest end of August and I was thinking I should probably get a diaper pail, keep forgetting. I need to buy some additional car seat bases at some point, and I have a few more things I want to do like organizing clothes and toys and stuff, but nothing I feel I must get done before the baby comes besides the cleaning. Actually starting to feel pretty content about the whole situation!

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 1, 2012 3:14pm

Still have not figured out the cat issue lol but really the dogs are driving me nuts too with all thier shedding ! , gahh ! One side of the bassinet has black hair all over it already ! Driving me bonkers .

Yesterday.afternoon was awful.for me . I had.errands to run and only got half of them done . I find that for me being active and walking makes my braxton hicks worse and they are getting pretty uncomfortable if im to be honest . So I went grocery shopping yesterday and it was.a mad house . I was beyond exhausted after that and I should have been hungry but I had no appetite what so ever and I felt kind of nauseous. Then I started getting the left side sciatica pain down my leg along with exhaustion and with the nausea and braxton hicks I felt just awful . I took a nap and that did help some what . I hope today is better because I have to finish my errands and im getting my hair cut something I need to do desperately lol ! Then I have a midwife appt tomorrow and on friday im getting maternity photos done :) so im really keeping my fingers crossed that I can maintain feeling good for the rest of the week!

Also..my hubby is awesome our 7 year anniversary is on august 8th and he.ordered my ipad for me for a anniversary gift :D. Yayy because im soooo over having to use this stupid phone ! Lol

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 1, 2012 6:03pm

Leniana - I mentioned that 10 movements in 2hrs thing to my OB and she scoffed at it! Said that is crap. Unless you have a reason to worry about the baby (eg you have a high risk pregnancy)...only then do you have to pay more attention to movement. She said as long as you feel movement each day, that is good. Although, I guess it's important you follow your own docs advice. Just thought I'd let you know what my OB said.

As for cats...I am worried about mine. She doesn't sleep in the play pen that's been set up all week...she has her own little bed she likes. BUT..she's never been around kids. But when kids pet her she is very snuggly with them. I'm just not sure how she will react to a baby. She is an outdoor cat so she isn't declawed. My mom said I best be careful because cats are attracted to babies and could lay on their head and smother them. Geesh...talk about worrying me! She said I will have to keep her out of the nursery, which I will, but god forbid I don't see her go in one day...I dunno...worried! The dog will adjust, I'm sure of that.

Auburn - I can relate with the mind going and keeping you up! As I've said I take gravol but melatonin sounds like a much better option to help me get some rest!

Knicole - Seriously lady...I cannot believe how rough this has been for you! I'm so happy to hear hubby got ya an ipad....no more updates on the phone!! Congrats on the 7 year anniversary coming up too...how lovely

OB appt tomorrow...going over birth plan. I started filling out the paperwork last night and the questions are SO specific. For instance, after the birth, do you want the baby wiped off before handed to you? or wrapped in a blanket then handed to you? Asks about bath for the first time...who is to be involved. But good they are asking these things! Hubby said "well the baby will be all bloody and gross, don't you want it wiped off?" lol....he is too funny.

Mrs.Mom

Reply by tallesss » Aug. 1, 2012 8:51pm

Hi Ladies,

Leniana I'm on synthroid too 50mcg, though i only took it for one week (last week) it was making me feel horrible.

i've heard it's not good to have cats around babies, they get jealous and will do stuff to the baby (that's what I heard) i have no pets.

i've been feeling extremely tired, when i get home i just strip down and lay on the bed! and now my DD insists that she wants mommy to give her a bath! Why? we asked, she pointedly expressed, "cause mommy is a woman and daddy is a man!" we smiled and said okay then. I don't mind except mommy barely has the energy to bathe herself these days.

i wonder if my son will get to that point too

User Image

User Image

tallesss