Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 4

Replies (282)

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 6, 2012 4:42am

Hello ladies! I've. Missed you all.so much and thank you for your thoughts prayers and concerns. My nightmare started on Thursday. ..I had no idea I would be delivering my baby boy 24 he's later. I knew I had been feeling "off" but it kept being blamed on anemia. I had no idea just how serious it was. I went about my typical day went in for my 34 week spot. The nurse placed the blood pressure cuff on me only to find. My BP was 157/110. She switched arms and reread it to find it to be 140/107 the second time so no fluke. She then rushes out the room to get my midwife. My midwife rushed in within two minutes. And tells me She needs me to go upstairs to l&d to be monitored. I get to l&d where they place all. The monitors on me and ask me to pee in a cup also. Take a few viles of blood then I waited and waited and waited two he's later the nurse comes in again and asks me to pee in a cup again. Because. The. First urine "shower something funny" sovI pee in another. Cup. 45 mind later I hare a doctor along with two nurses entering my triage room telling me that they are going to now do the 36 week gbs swab.after they finish the swab they inform me that I'm going to be admitted in the. Hospital for the night to do a 24 HR urine collect. Because. Proteins were found in my urine. So they then were telling me at that point that they were monitoring me and they were going to try to keep Liam in for at least a few weeks and continued to draw my blood like a vampire every few hrs. Then by that morning I have a nurse telling me that if my blood work numbers don't get better and she "doubts they will...then I would be transferred to another hospital "and sure enough within that hour they were getting ready to transfer me by ambulance to another hospital by this time I was very much panicking.my blood work numbers were awful showing liver failure and kidney failure for a secondary diagnosis from pre eclampsia of HELLP syndrome so my organs were shutting down and I had edema of my brain. Because of that my birth and labor story is pretty odd and out of the ordinary. I was given a drip of magnesium. ...really horrible experience. Makes you feel icky mixed with drugged out and nauseous but I had no choice as it was to prevent seizures. So that mixed with edema of the brain made my pushing experience. ..interesting to say the least.I kept falling. Asleep. ..yes asleep in between pushes.my piticon was also turned up to 40. For some reason also just before pushing my contractions were 2-4 mind apart and intense which BTW my epidural did not work....then when it was time to push my contractions went from 4 mind apart to 8-15 mind apart. So I ended up pushing for 3 he's after 30 he's of labor. He was born at 7:33am August 4th

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 6, 2012 4:50am

Sorry for all the errors still on my phone. ..anyways he was born August 4th at 7:33am weighing only 3 lbs 14 oz 18 inches long. He is so tiny. But doing well makes me sad though as he should be still growing and thriving immune uterus but it is what it is. Recovery has beer rough. I have been in the hospital now four days. I'm just ready to go Home but at the same time I know we are in good hands her. I am no longer hooked up to a bunch of Iva and machines so that's been great news. Just been struggling with potty issues. Since birth. I defense recommend getting some witch hazel pads for hemorrhoids. ..otherwise this hospital has been great helping me with things even though I had zero hospital bags yet packed.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 6, 2012 4:53am

LOL OMG I wont be writing much anymore until I get my ipad because this is ridiculous. Sorry ladies hope this makes sense

knicole27

Reply by looney » Aug. 6, 2012 5:42am

Kristn, every bit of that made sense and I was able to read right through all the errors!

Sounds like a crazy experience, and it added a bunch of twists and turns to delivery!

I hope you guys get to come home soon, but you let them keep you as long as they will let you guys stay to make sure everything is perfect with you and the baby.

Congrats!

looney

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 6, 2012 11:50am

Ty val :)
My emotions and hormones right now are running high. I just finished my five am pumping and I feel just ugh idk. .sad. I no longer feel my boy moving around and growing in my womb and knowing and seeing how tiny he is with wires and tubes coming out of him I can't help but to feel guilty. And responsible. .even though I know in the back of my mind I know it was not my fault and I know there was no way to prevent it but Me not physically carrying him in the womb anymore and seeing him so small and fragile. ..I hate it. It breaks my heart to peices.

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 6, 2012 1:27pm

Wow...all that matters is that you and Liam are both healthy and doing fine! Stay at the hospital as long as you can to get all the extra help you need. And with everything you've been through, it may not be a bad idea to see if the hospital has a counselor or someone you can talk to, just to get it all out and sort through everything you've been through.

And don't worry about the spelling, although I did get a chuckle out of seeing the word "beer" in your post!

Get to feeling better!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 6, 2012 3:02pm

knicole - I'm SO happy to hear you are ok and so is baby. You are in good hands. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you. What an experience!! I can imagine your little guy looks so super tiny and also can imagine how that makes you feel, but as you said, it truly isn't YOUR fault. I'm just so relieved for you. Is your husband with you now?

Thank you for updating us! Keep us posted on your progress....wow...your little man is here!

xo Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Coomy08 » Aug. 6, 2012 4:22pm

Knicole- So glad to hear you and Liam are doing good, you have been missed! I know it's hard to see your baby hooked up to the tubes,wires and iv's, my son was 3lbs 13 oz and 16 inches long when he came at 36 weeks and it was hard emotionally and mentally. I would recommend talking to someone though, whether it's a counselor at the hospital or a friend or family member that will sit down and just listen to you and your concerns. I think if I had done that with my son, instead of bottling everything up that my recovery would have gone better. Again glad to hear you guys are doing well and we are here if you need us :)

*I hit the 33 week mark tomorrow and with Knicoles experience and flash backs to my sons birth it is just making everything seem so much more real and makes me realize that anything can happen at any time! If this one follows in his big brothers steps baby Zane could be here anytime from 3-6 weeks. I told my husband this and I think it's really starting to sink in and become more real for him too. I have most of the diaper bag packed, just need to get a 0-3month outfit for baby boy to come home in(in case he's too big for the NB outfit) a baby book,and mittens/hat. My bag is what's taking so long to get together, I still need to get a couple nursing cami's/bra's, nipple cream(just in case I need it in the hospital) and then the travel sized soaps,deodorant, and toothbrush/paste(I'm weird about bringing my own stuff, just don't want to lose my good stuff and I would feel gross bringing my good toothbrush to the hospital and then bringing it home again..again I'm weird about stuff like that). Narrowed down my need list for baby to what I need right away and all that list consists of is a bottle brush, a few more packs of wipes, some more diapers, a bottle of baby soap, and the rest can wait till Zane is a couple months old. Hopefully it won't cost much to fix my car, because if it hadn't died on me I could have had most of this stuff bought already.
Starting to ramble sorry, once I get on a roll my brain doesn't want to stop till it's all out.
Any who hope you all are doing well :) I wonder who's going to be the next one to meet their baby....

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 6, 2012 4:43pm

Wow that is quite a story! And yes keep us updated, your posts are still readable :)

I am so glad he is doing well! I can imagine how scary it is to see him all hooked up to stuff, I remember my son being in the NICU and while he didn't have anything but an IV I could see some other babies who weren't so lucky :(

Please don't feel bad though, you have been doing your best all pregnancy to take care of him; you were even telling us how you felt bad and your midwife just said you were fine. There's nothing else you could have done. You are under a lot of stress now from everything that happened and now trying to recover, does the hospital or your midwife have a counselor that they can refer you to (or have come in) to talk about all of this stuff?

On the plus side, you spurred me to get my hospital bag (mostly) packed, and looks like a few other ladies as well! I guess I still need to pack a 3-6 month outfit (didn't think of that, 0-3 goes to 12 pounds, omg if I had a baby that big I might freak lol), I also need to round up some toiletries and my going home outfit, but I went and got some cheapie pjs to wear (so I don't have to care if they get stained), my robe, socks and pads and all that stuff.

Wow I can't believe we have our first baby!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 7, 2012 1:30am

Wow what a crazy, scary ordeal for you knicole. I am so thankful you and Liam are okay. I have heard nasty things about Mag Sulfate:( Hang in there!!!!

Sry for lack of personals - I'm beat...

User Image

gppacen

Reply by tallesss » Aug. 7, 2012 5:34pm

Amen Amen,

My thoughts and prayers were with you all weekend. It is well Knicole, don't beat yourself up, this was all by God's design, Liam was suppose to come when he did, how he did, all for God's glory.

I am so happy for you especially when I read that you pushed him out. Glory to God, they did not cut you.

AFM, I managed to get my bag started in between all the cheering for olympics over the weekend. And i'm still having the contractions on and off, but not too frequently or intense. I am 31wks tomorrow.

My shower is on Aug 18th and I am hoping i get a lot of diapers!

Meanwhile, I saw on the news this morning where a California woman was caught trying to steal a baby from a hospital. She dressed in scrubs, walked into the hospital and then a mother's room and told the lady to take a shower. She then proceeded to put the baby in a bag and walk away. Thankfully the baby had some kind of sensor attached and she was held.

this is a crazy world. Thank God for his protection over that child.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 8, 2012 1:23am

And the swelling begins... Got home from work today and my ankles look like HUGE. I didn't notice anything all day until I got home and my feet felt tingly and then I saw them - I need to start wearing support hose!

I hope everyone is hanging in!

Have a good night!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Coomy08 » Aug. 8, 2012 3:46am

Just need to bitch a little bit, so I apologize now.
Today was just not my day, woke up not feeling the greatest. My lower back is constantly hurting me, the braxton hicks are getting more frequent and intense,this kid being head down just is not helping with the pelvic pain, my legs and hips seem to be achy all the time now, the heartburn is so bad any more it makes me nauseous, I'm having menstrual like cramping, and I feel so tired that even getting out of bed seems like a chore. I tried to take a nap today before work thinking it would help me feel better and even got my son to lay down and take one,which he never does any more, and what do you know as soon as I get to sleep my MIL calls...I didn't answer and went back to sleep, so then she calls again a couple minutes later and leaves a message asking if I'm sleeping since I'm not answering the door, I think in an hours time she called like 4-5 times and left a couple text messages. I know that sounds horrible to just ignore her like that but when I don't feel good and I'm tired she is the last person I want to see, and it doesn't help she just shows up unannounced all the time and she's the type of person that if you tried to ask her to call before she comes over or ask her not to do something she'll get all pissy and you'll be on her shit list till she gets mad at someone else!
Honestly lately I'd rather just stay at home and not go anywhere or see anyone. I think part of my problem is I'm tired of being pregnant and miserable, and if I try to talk to my doc about the BH and the menstrual like cramping and stuff I just get told it's all normal and the BH getting more intense and frequent is because I'm pregnant, it's hot out, and need to drink more! I even tried to tell him I drink plenty and that the u/s tech told me she could tell I was a good drinker, but it didn't seem to matter. I guess when I go into labor before my c-section, I just have a feeling I will, maybe then they'll realize that they should have listened to me better and maybe checked to make sure the more intense and frequent BH(if not some real ones) weren't dilating me.
Now that I got that off my chest maybe I'll try and get some sleep.
Good night

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 8, 2012 1:59pm

Hugs coomy! I feel you completely. I am ready to be done. The BH are getting to be annoying and every day if not more than once a day, and I am drinking enough to get clear pee at least once a day so I dunno what else to do except cross my fingers that they are real at this point. I avoid going outside in the heat more than a couple minutes a day, which is killing my mood, but I'm constantly hot. I couldn't sleep last night because I was getting (probably irrationally) angry at my MIL after having lunch with her (it was my birthday, just what I wanted to do right?).

She has decided that she will have Wyatt two days out of the week (even down to what days) and I'm sure glad I agreed to that (oh wait I f-ing didn't). She was a shitty parent to my hubby and she is a shitty grandmother to my son (I know it's not her biological grandson but still she treats him as bad as she does hubby, so I just don't believe it will be any better with the baby), and I don't want her around my kids any more than she needs to be, because she just makes everyone around her feel bad about themselves, constantly harping on them and telling them how they are wrong and stupid.

Your MIL sounds like a complete turd as well, I mean seriously, calling 4-5 times, obviously you are either completely busy or asleep. What is wrong with them? Our lives do not revolve around them! How about this, I'll strangle yours and you strangle mine ( because otherwise I'd )

gp - for you too, god the swelling sucks.. my birthday was yesterday, we went out for dinner and I ate horribly all day (tons of sugar and salt), god I paid for it with sore swollen feet last evening, they are still a bit swollen today but it's gone down a lot at least.

in fact hugs for everyone, this week is sucky! I scraped my car on the neighbor's car as well, all paint damage, no body damage thankfully, but he still hasn't called us (left a note since he wasn't home) so i'm stressing about that, my son had a sore Achilles tendon so I had to tell him he could only do one martial arts class this week (i feel bad about this because I want him to stick with it and he really wanted to do two classes, but I was worried he'd over work it). my house is not ready for the guests that will swarm after the baby comes, hell one of my other neighbors dropped off a gift and i was so out of it I didn't even realize who it was and kind of stared at her like an idiot while she is talking. I am trying to set things up for my leave at work and training the guy who will be helping out in my dept while I'm gone, he's cool but everything keeps breaking and I'm just losing my mind; I am not going to get him fully trained before I go, I just know it. I haven't been sleeping and I'm just ready to blow!

I have an appointment tomorrow, god help me I better have some dilation/effacement going on, and I better not get shit about my weight!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 8, 2012 2:01pm

Awww...Amber, so sorry you had a craptastic day! Don't worry, we all need to vent/have pity posts!! Especially when annoying family members are involved!!

To make you laugh with a total TMI story: in preparation for my appt this Friday, with exam, I decided to try to "tidy things up a bit" downstairs because the shag carpet was way out of control, if you catch my drift...I know it doesn't matter, I know my doc has seen all sorts of jacked up messes down there, but it does to me, plus anything to HELP me feel better with a 1% of sexyness is worth a try. But after the attempt, I think it looked like Ray Charles with a weedwhacker ...so I asked DH to help me out...he just shook his head ( then giggled at my attempt), but he did it! Now I don't feel like chewbaca anymore.

Also, Critter now loves laying and putting pressure on my bladder/pelvic area in the evening. I also have had more BH in the evening as well as increased boob leaks.

We're almost there ladies!!! Today is my 30 day mark!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 8, 2012 2:20pm

Coomy - Sorry about your MIL - that sucks. Doesn't she get it that one message is enough? LOL - love she asked if you were sleeping - she sounds like a complete ass. Hang in there! I also have been having frequent BH with some period like cramping. I drink well - usually.... I have energy one minute than none the next. It's great:)

Leniana - Your MIL sounds like a real caring person - not... That's crazy. How do you even handle that nonsense? I would have no idea what to say to that! Hang in there! Things will work out in the end - that or you'll just tell her off;) Definitely doesn't sound like you are having a good week:( Like you said - this week is sucky!!!

OMG Auburnmama - I seriously just was thinking about "tidying up" and it's hilarious to me that I can't see anything!!! I hate this feeling! Yeah - DH is going to have to help - LOL. That's what marriage is about:) Woohoo - you have 30 days!!!

Alright ladies - we will get through this week:)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Coomy08 » Aug. 8, 2012 4:34pm

Leniana- Happy belated birthday! And yes I'll strangle your MIL but you have to promise to strangle mine real good lol Your MIL sounds like just as much fun as mine, I found out this morning that my MIL actually started texting my husband at work asking where we all were because I wasn't answering the door nor my phone..really take the hint and don't stand on my doorstep for an hour! Also was informed that my SIL is coming up from Kansas and will be here Saturday...may need to you strangle her for me too she's as annoying as the MIL! Can't believe your MIL told you how many days and what days she's watching Wyatt, seriously I think I would blow a gasket!
Fingers crossed for some dilation/effacement!

Auburn- Thank you for the story, I did get a laugh out of it. I so understand the weed whacker job, I tried to tidy up last week and it wasn't so prettily done lol. I had to ask my husband to see how it looked and he told me it looked fine(ya later discovered I had missed a few patches!), tried to get him to help me do it but he just laughed at me...don't think he thought I was serious lol
Congrats on the 30 day mark! I just hope the next 42 days go by fast, or if little man wants to come before then I won't complain as long as he waits till after august 30th(my sons 3rd b-day).

Gppacen- The joys of pregnancy! Thankfully this is my last child, I honestly don't think I could handle being pregnant again, 3 x's is enough for me. Sorry about the swelling, so far I have only had one incident with my feet swelling and hope it doesn't reoccur.

To add to my lovely week, called the auto shop today where my car is being looked at and they are 90% sure that I need a new fuel pump! Been there since last Thursday and was told they'll look at it more this after noon...I was hoping to have my car back within the next day or 2 cause this 1 vehicle thing is a pain and plus I have a WIC appointment Friday morning that it looks like I'm going to have to miss since my husband will have the truck for work.

Is it next week yet lol sounds like we all are ready for it! Random thought the fair starts the 17th! So excited I have wanted a fair corn-dog all summer lol I'll probably gain 10 lbs during fair week since I thought I'd be nice and help a friends Uncle out and run one of his concession stands in the mornings I think 4 or 5 of the 9 days...going to be exhausted doing the concession stand and then working at my regular job but the fair stand is good money and is going to be my maternity leave savings plus I get free admittance and the lovely smell of fair food yumm! I better stop I'm starting to drool on my keyboard lol.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful day

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Coomy08

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 8, 2012 6:23pm

Hello ladies just a quick update for one my hubby is home and I got iPad :). I am also still in this frigggin hospital ugh so ready for my own bed and shower!!! Anyways updated my full birth story on my birth announcement. Liam has gained 5 oz in two days. He drank my breast milk today with a bottle and not by tube which is a huge deal. My milk has come in and I just pump pump pump for him every few hours but yikes engorgement is ..,ouch! He is still jaundiced but they figure just one more day on the lights and he should be good. I held him today and he also showed promising signs of wanting to breast feed and they are thinking we maybe able to try to do so soon! Thinking of you ladies! The end is in sight!! :)

knicole27

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 9, 2012 12:49am

gppacen - sorry to hear about your swelling ...I know I've been worried about that too. My wedding ring has been big since I got it (in may) and we decided to leave it that way in case I swelled. So far this week is the first week my ring has fit ...I am so nervous about my hands getting huge...so far feet have been ok (knock on wood!). Hope you get rid of it soon sweety.

Amber - you are really having a rough go eh?? lower back pain...i hear ya on that one!! I feel like my hubby thinks I'm exaggerating how bad it can feel! Ah well...I still force him to give me a 5 min back rub every night lol I cannot believe your MIL called that many times...how rude and annoying! And mmm fair food...I love that smell too! Our fair starts in September...can't wait! Make sure you wear some comfy shoes mama!

Leniana - I think we all have been experiencing MIL issues as of late! My DH mother is great...it's the STEP MIL that's a pain in the arse! That's right...I have TWO to contend with lol But really it's the step that is the most work and of course...she wants to move closer to us! I could cry thinking about it!! Are you leaving work a bit early before baby or working right up until you have him? My house is spotless right now since step MIL was over last weekend and I literally had to clean this place top to bottom...she is JUDGMENTAL and if anything wasn't perfect she'd complain. She in fact has to me about her last stay at our house saying her bed was "full of dog hair"...well sorry we have a dog that sheds lady! She has referenced that so many times since and even has said "remember when I had to sleep in the furry bed?"...like FU woman! Ugh she drives me nuts. I have to say I love your comment about not getting in shit about your weight lol...you tell em girl!!

Aurburn - Your story made me laugh so hard because I JUST did the same in the "tidying up" dept and I totally missed a big section LOL I looked in the mirror and thought wow...yep I'm here...at the point where I can't see my bits! I fixed it blindly somehow....next time hubby may have to help though haha.

knicole - So glad to hear Liam has put on 5oz already, that's wonderful! Do you have any idea of when you get to take your little man home? I'm also so happy to hear your DH is with you....just what you need .

AFM - Last night I got 4hrs sleep...yippidy dooo ..I'm getting SO sick of not sleeping and I refused to take a gravol again! This lack of sleep crap is really making me moody!! Hubby is going away for my sister's fiance's bachelor party this weekend. Cottage in Kawartha Lakes...a really nice area about 4hrs north of us. He's going to love it...I'm going to bored out of my mind! Supposed to rain here but I also don't have any friends within an hour of me so it's pretty lonely sometimes. Ah well...probably do LOADS of baking :)

Also ladies...we're in the home stretch...we have every right to be bitchy!! lol So get it all out...we can all relate!!

xo Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by flowermommy81 » Aug. 9, 2012 3:20am

Hi, ladies!

I am was way behind on the reading and have a bad memory.

Coomy -- Hey, you can afford to put on a few pounds since you've only gained a couple. I say eat up at the fair!

Knicole -- So glad you and Liam are doing great and that you have hubby home! Congrats on Liam's weight gain and taking breast milk! Yay!

Leniana -- Happy Belated Birthday! You made me chuckle a little when you said you had better be dilated, and they better not give you crap about your weight. I know the feeling. Thankfully my doc is pretty good about "the speech". Don't feel bad, I'm up to 39 pounds! Yikes.

AFM -- I had an appointment today. Everything looked good. Finally, I only gained a pound, instead of like eight, since my last appointment two weeks ago, so that was a relief. Doc said the baby is still head down and may indeed be dropping or dropped based on the symptoms I described. Heartburn has been nonexistant, and I can breath. But I'm peeing more, leaking some and am having on and off crampiness in my low abdomen and some pain here and there in my upper inner thighs. Plus hiccups now feel like they are coming from inside my butt and vagina! In two weeks, they will do the Group B Strep test and may check my cervix. At that point, I'll also be going every week! It is crazy how close we all are. I too wonder who will be next.

flowermommy81