Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 5

Replies (282)

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 9, 2012 6:21pm

ok I came to confess my sins today lol...I just ate an entire box of rice crispy squares!!! I grabbed lunch at the grocery store and a box of rice crispy squares (had 8 squares in it)...yep...I finished it off in about 15 minutes!! shhh our little secret lol

Mrs.Mom

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 9, 2012 6:41pm

Mrs. Mom - Lol I feel you. It can not be helped - gotta eat the sweets:) You may be bored this weekend - but take every chance to try and get some nap time in!!!

Jambolina - glad you appt went well! Sounds like the baby is making some headway:)

knicole - I'm so glad Liam is gaining weight and he's making good progress. Hope you get home soon and can spend all your time with your DH and Liam:)

Coomy - hang in there the week is almost over!!! The fair sounds fun... and fattening. Have a good time:)

Time to prop my feet up - the swelling is setting in:(

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 9, 2012 9:56pm

nicole - Yay! I'm so glad Liam is doing well and gaining weight so fast! I hope you got the chance to breast feed him today... little ones are a lot better suckers than pumps! How are you feeling? I'm so glad your hubby got home and that you got your iPad!

auburn - that is a great story, I love it! I have asked hubby to help but I think he's afraid he's gonna mess up or something lol.

coomy - the fair sounds great! I could use a corndog And I can definately handle the SIL for you too

mrs. Mom - I can take on step MILs too! I have lots of energy for anger this week, though I did spare a little bit for some cleaning! I get torn between omg this place needs to be spotless and meh whatever, let my guests see how tired I've been!

I am probably going to work up until I have him, since I want to save as much time for after as I can. Though I will admit today after my appointments today I emailed and said I wouldn't be in- I was just worn out! I can put it down as a sick day though and it won't cost me any time.

PS I won't tell anyone about the rice crispy treats if you don't tell anyone I ate half of my birthday cake by myself!

Jambolina - sounds like we are right about the same on the weight - I am hovering right at 40. The midwife was pretty cool about it for a couple of reasons though...

AFM - So my appointment did not go 100% as planned, but at least not in a bad way. I ended up sitting in the room for like 45 minutes (half naked of course since my strep swab was today). Finally the midwife comes in and she was cool at least, I thought I had met all the midwives but apparently I missed her, I liked her though. She was super nice and answered all my questions - finally! I am stoked to learn that they have a squatting bar and can even turn the birthing bed into a kind of birthing stool if I want. Plus they have birthing balls and a tub if I want it (I already knew about those though).

After all my questions were asked - though I just realized I forgot to ask about wearing my own gowns during, I didn't write it down, oh well - she said you had quite a jump in weight (four pounds I think it was) I said yeah it was my birthday etc, and she asked if I was retaining fluid, which since I've been swelling yeah I have. So she checked my ankles and said yep, looks like not just cake LOL.

Then she went to measure my fundal height and she was like wow, baby had a growth spurt! I was measuring 39 weeks, two weeks ago (at 34) I was 36 weeks. She decided to send me for a growth u/s to check everything out.

SO I went over and got the scan.. everything checked out fine as far as the tech could tell, but baby is measuring at least a week ahead and his weight was estimated at 7 pounds (+/- 1 pound). Looks like he is on track to be another 8.5-9 pounder (my first was 8 lbs 13 ozs ).

I got a 2d pic of the poor kid, you can see his nose is all smushed up against the side! He's going to come out looking like a boxer LOL. I will try to get it uploaded tomorrow.

BTW I did not get an exam, just the swab... I guess the doc I saw last time is more old school, while the midwives figure you can walk around dilated for weeks with nothing happening... I'd still have liked to have known though!

Well have to go, tonight is my preadmissions thing, so fun to do paperwork :P I hope everyone has a great evening!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by dsdaye » Aug. 10, 2012 1:20pm

Hi All,

My internet and computer have not been working in so long that I have been completely out of the loop. First my computer went down and once that was fixed the internet stopped working. Things are now good to go and I see that I missed a lot of important things.

Knicole- I am sending you good vibes and hope that things continue to improve with you and Liam. I can't believe that you had to deliver already. You have been a real trooper through all of this and I have to give you props for dealing with everything so well. Shows that you are going to be a great mom for Liam.

Auburn - your story made me laugh so hard about the weed whacking. I can also relate as I tried to do the same thing yesterday and thought about how I was pretty much like a blind person and having to do it simply by feel alone. I'm going to get my DH to "clean" it up tonight after he comes home from work. I'm sure he'll just love that job.

To all of you with MIL problems - I am so sorry that you have to deal with all this. My MIL is great and never does any of that stuff. The worse thing that I have to deal with is a bi-weekly family dinner on Sunday nights where all the family is there. At times it can be a little over whelming since I am tired and don't feel like dealing with a bunch of nieces, nephews and all the rest of the family.

I have finally gotten the baby's room pretty much complete. We painted, put up the crib and sorted out all the gifts. Everything is pretty much in place.

I have yet to finish packing my hospital bag. I have all the stuff for the baby ready, but not for myself or DH. That is something I really need to get done.

Anyway, I hope all is going well with the rest of you.

Take care.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by tyesmommy115 » Aug. 10, 2012 2:06pm

Hi ladies , wow its been forever since I've posted anYthing but life has been so busy I hardly get time to breathe . Things around here are well , baby is growning well and getting big I however have dropped huge and feel like my tummy is on my lap everyday lol. I finally picked a name Alyssa Marie guisspa ( my bfs grandmothers name ) which I think its spelled wrong guess I better learn how to spell it quickly lol. I ended up at L and D on Tuesday night with horrible contractions , they couldn't find out why tell they checked my urine and found I was extreamly dehydrated. But they just sent me home didn't offer me water or hook me to an IV nothing. I was not impressed at ALL !! Piror to the hospital visit on Tuesday night , Tuesday morning my hubby was stung by a bee and is allergic apparently lol he never was before . We took him to the hospital and they gave him a steriod prezaone or sumthing like that 2 benadryl and effernefern ( spelled wrong lol) his heart rate dropped to 30 and they couldn't get it back up to normal range , they finally did but I got booted outta the room because I started getting really upset! That was by far the worst day Ever! He now has a epi pen that cost 106 dollars to buy but so worth it . The next bee sting could be way worse ... That's my little update hope all is well with everyone , I'm sooo excited we are all on the final stretch and pretty soon we will all have bouncing babies :)

tyesmommy115

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 10, 2012 4:01pm

Hello ladies. I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted to update everyone but at the same time been kind of distant from this forum. I am about to write a journal entry because this whole ordeal has been realllly rough on me. I am having a hard time right now being around pregnant women because I feel like I still should be pregnant myself so I feel this horrible deep aching in my heart when I see someone pregnant . It almost feels like I had a pregnancy loss or something ...that's the only way I can compare this feeling.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and leaving Liam was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I bawled my eyes out. Then I did again a few more times when I got home . Then the stress of this whole thing is reflecting on my marriage right now. We have been arguing about the stupidest things. While I was visiting Liam yesterday I didn't get to hold him all day because he was on the jaundice lights so that's hard then...his heart rate dropped to 63 bpm and all these alarms were going off, it was scary. Otherwise beside that he seems to be doing ok. I did too much today so my blood pressure was high again and ick when it's high I feel terrible but I picked. Up my blood pressure meds. I know when it's high though .. I get a slight. Headache with blurred vision and weakness. Then I started cramping so I'm in bed now resting until we can go to the hospital to see the lil man. I miss him so much.

On to more happy news. I want to definitely recommend lansinoh gel pads omg they are wonderful while breast feeding or my case, pumping. And just put them in the fridge for a lil bit and then put them suckers on your nips ...oh so wonderful lol! Another happy side affect of breast feeding I am enjoying is the weight loss. I've lost six lbs in a week and I do nothing. I lay around and eat everything in sight lol ...I'm not even kidding . I was able to get into my pre pregnancy jeans today comfortably.

Been thinking of you ladies hope all your babes are well. Hope to get some photos of the ill man up soon. :)

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 10, 2012 9:43pm

Just hopping in, no time for personals (except Knicole, keep on going girl!!! Praying for you all!)

Had my first check today, no dialation, but my cervix is softening. Also learned my OB will not be here Labor Day weekend which is also the kickoff to college football, so that has pretty much jinxed us and guaranteed Andon will arrive sometime around Sept. 1 instead of 7th!! Have a wonderful weekend!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 13, 2012 7:11pm

gppacen - I actually had a really hard time sleeping this weekend not having my husband here. I was scared! lol I could hear every noise and would jump up to see what it was...I just didn't feel safe without him home . Needless to say I was so happy to have him back Sunday. Sorry to hear you're dealing with so much swelling! Not much longer now though (I know not the best conciliation, but does make it a bit more bearable I hope!).

Leniana - Ya know I generally don't worry so much about how clean the house is...of course, I do make sure it's clean when guests come over, but my family and friends aren't so picky and judgmental as my step MIL is...I feel under pressure in my own home! It's ridiculous. She thinks it's a good thing that people feel pressure to clean at her house and live up to a certain standard...she doesn't GET that it only makes her someone people don't want to be around. Good for you for working up til the end! I thought about that, but my boss has already asked me to come back early starting in May possibly (only one day a week though) and when I do go back "full time", I am hoping to do only 3 days a week. They are flexible at this job so I'm hoping that will work for them.

As for the cake...it's our secret, promise! . We're allowed...we've been carrying a baby for the last 8 months!! We deserve some indulgence! :)

knicole - How are you finding pumping? What brand are you using? I'm in Canada so we may not have the same brands here but I do like to get recommendations from other mommy's. When does Liam get to join mom and dad at home? I can imagine how hard that would be to leave the hospital empty handed. I really feel for you when you say it is hard to be around pregnant women. I can totally understand why... Main thing is you are all ok, but I still get how tough it is. Sorry to hear you and hubby are fighting over the small stuff, but it is understandable since you both are under so much stress right now. You've been through so much recently and will take time to adjust to it not going as you may have "planned". Things will improve as will everything else. Thinkin of you tons.

AFM - What a weekend...actually was kinda boring at times. Hubby was away for my sister's fiance's bachelor party so I had the house to myself Friday and Saturday night. I went shopping Saturday and took back a duplicate item (vibrating floor chair thingy) we got at my surprise baby shower and got a new area rug and a new vacuum for the same price! Gotta love walmart! I really had a hard time sleeping without my husband around....I was like a kid...totally scared! I kept hearing noises and just couldn't sleep! Was so happy to have him home Sunday. I made what I feel is the BEST beef stew I have ever made. It's an Emeril Lagasi recipe I got off the food network site. I added more spice than what it called for, but wowie...so flavourful! It called for using tomato paste, but I didn't have any so I used tomato soup instead . I also made up a nice salsa using tomatoes and jalapenos from my garden with some onion and cilantro...mmm! I'm off work today...I called in sick, I kinda feel bad, but I was exhausted from not sleeping and didn't sleep again last night for whatever reason. I had a 2.5hr nap today though so I feel much more rested. But I am super lazy! I am still in comfy's and it's 3pm! ps...heartburn has been BRUTAL last few days...every day and last night I had it ALL night ugh. 4 weeks left til mat leave!!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 13, 2012 7:12pm

ok prego brain...just realized I repeated bits in my comments but oh well! What am I going to blame it on when I'm not pregnant? lol

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Aug. 13, 2012 7:56pm

Sorry...one other thing. This morning I had a sharp pain come all of a sudden while I was putting on my shirt. I had to sit on the bed and take deep breaths. I tried to feel if my tummy was tightening...wasn't sure if that was BH? Was over in about a minute. But I tried to get up off the bed in the middle of it and it hurt so I sat back down and just took deep breaths until it subsided. I just have no idea what a BH would feel like....I felt it mostly in my upper left side.

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Coomy08 » Aug. 14, 2012 4:15pm

Afternoon ladies

I just felt like crap this weekend, I actually thought I was in labor Saturday! I woke up Saturday with my stomach hurting and I was nauseous and had the poops..it just got worse through out the day, by time I went to work at 4pm my lower back was hurting so bad and was having intense contractions with it and the menstrual cramping came back full force. They sent me home and I tried laying down and drinking some water to see if that would help, the contractions slowed down some thankfully but they ended up waking me up in the middle of the night they got so intense again. Sunday it went back to my normal couple an hour BH just nauseous and tired. I probably should have called my doctor Saturday, but every time I try and tell him about about instances like this I just get told I'm pregnant and that I'm going to have BH and need to drink more.
I hit the 34 week mark today and see my doc Thursday so maybe I'll try one more time to get through the nurse and his head about how bad these BH are getting.

I felt good yesterday, even had a nesting spurt. Finished getting baby/my room ready..almost: cleaned the wood work, swept and scrubbed the floor(by hand), made the bed, finished organizing, all that's left is to clean the bassinet sheets and to get the curtains hung up.
I even got the bottles and baby toys sterilized and put away, got my pump stuff organized.Now I just need to to finish getting my supplies gathered(MIL and SIL were looking at my "Need to get still" list on the fridge when I was in the other room and from the way it sounded they were going to help a lot to get it finished..at least with the need now items),get them put up, then pack my bag for hospital and then it'll be the waiting game from there :)

I think my son is trying to jinx me into have another 36 weeker baby! The first thing out of his mouth this morning was that he wanted to lay next to baby brother, and all weekend he was telling me his baby brother was going to be here for his birthday(2 weeks and 2 days from now!) and earlier today he told me his baby brother was coming in 6days! Everyday he tells me something along these lines.

Mrs. Mom- With my son I pumped for 3 months straight since he was in the NICU, and it wasn't that bad. At the NICU they had a MEDELA pump, which was great. For at home WIC gave me a AMEDELA(Sp?) which you can plug into the wall or run off batteries, and it worked good(not as great as the hospital pump of course). I'll be using my AMEDELA again, since I plan to start pumping a little before I go back to work just to have a supply started(if he's like his big brother he's going to be a hungry lil man).
My BH I can feel my whole stomach tighten up and it's uncomfortable..usually lasts for me about 30 secs-min, I can move around with these.The more intense ones feel about the same except they make me not want to move till it's over and some of them have made me want to cry.

Knicole- If you need someone to talk to just message me on here or look me up on FB, I've been the NICU mom so I know how hard it is right now for you.Glad to hear you were finally discharged ,and on the pre-pregnancy pants:) Thanks for the tip on the gel pads, will have to try that this time around. Hope your feeling better today.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 14, 2012 5:24pm

Wow Coomy...that would have freaked me out!! Glad you got better though, enough to do some nesting!

Mom- My BH are mostly in the afternoons and painless, just a big tense/hard horizontal section a few inches above my belly button...but sometimes with these, I get a lot of pressure on my bladder/pelvic area, so I guess they're enough to push Andon down. I've only had one painful one and that was months ago.

AFM: had my second shower Saturday, it was nice. Got our diaper bag, tub, boppy and some other stuff. The only thing we "need" is the extra carseat base for DH's truck and our changing pad covers. But really, we're pretty much ready to go. We have one more shower this Friday at work, and people usually give giftcards/money so I'm all about that!!!

Friday, we had an outdoor work event I handle and even with breaks and lots and lots of water, I know I probably overdid the walking/standing. I know this for a fact because at 1 a.m. I woke up with tennis ball size cramp in my calf!! Ugh! I had to wake DH up, who of course thought I was in labor!!, and it took us 10 minutes to get it worked out! OUCH!

Also, noticing a lot more mucusy discharge. Before it was more watery, but now it's getting thicker.

And does anyone else need a shirt that says:

I'M HAVING A BOY/GIRL
I'M DUE IN X WEEKS

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 14, 2012 6:24pm

Hi ladies! I'm exhausted! I keep waking up a ton at night, both to pee and sometimes with BHs. But at the same time I feel very restless, I guess it's nesting. I cleaned a bunch in the kitchen this weekend, worked more on my hospital bag (90% packed, and I made a list of what I would need to grab and throw in when it's time, stuff like my shampoo and cell charger). I filled out all my forms to bring to the hospital, and I got some snacks to pack for hubby and I in case we need something to eat when their food area isn't open.

I think hubby is nesting a bit too! He got the downstairs picked up a lot, did some minor repair things that needed done like fixing some moldings, and put up the pack and play for me, and he also got the yard mowed and picked up - he even weeded my gardens for me . He keeps saying he wants everything to look nice for our guests but at the same time he tells me he doesn't want everyone over lol.

My son is not having as good of a time, I think he's getting nervous about the baby a bit. It's not helping that I have been either too tired to do much or super busy getting things ready, so he's been kind of on his own, and I think he is a little lonely. At least he will soon have a sibling to entertain him!

I did figure out a way to keep the cats out of the pack and play! Sticky lint sheets (off my lint roller), placed face up in the bottom. They jump in and got them on their feet and freaked out (yes, I laughed hard). The stubborn one did it 2-3 times before he gave up. The slightly smarter one is still laying on the changing pad portion of it where I haven't put the sticky sheets yet, I will probably get around to that this weekend (will vacuum/lint roll it as well to get any hair they left on it off).

Found out more about my maternity leave - since it's "disability" I'm not allowed to do any work period, no emails, no coming in to help out like I had said I might be able to, not even filling out my time sheet. But I found out the codes for my boss to do my timesheet, and also found out that I should have no problems taking my vacation afterwards. My boss also offered to let me do work from home a few days as well, which I thought was awesome. I'll be able to get 8 weeks disability, but I have to get my doctor to say that's how much I need, I don't think that will be a problem though. I also have a month of vacation to use and a few personal days left. I will have to come in for our external audit, but my boss is going to make sure to schedule that for November when I'd be on vacation time and not the disability time.

I tried to call and set up the disability claim, but they wanted a specific date! I was like um, well I'm due Sept 3rd but I don't know when this baby would come! Of course they had no idea how to handle that response. Debating just setting it for Sept 4th on (cause i'm not gonna blow a free labor day holiday lol), and use vacation days before if needed. Of course I would possibly lose time with the baby then if he came late, but at least it would already be set up and then I wouldn't have to try and make sure to call during the first 8 days after to file my claim. Think I'm going to talk to my doc to confirm she will do the 8 weeks for me, and then talk to hubby and boss about it. Might be nice to have a set last day - assuming I don't pop early!

No personals but it seems everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I hope Liam is home soon nicole!!

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 14, 2012 7:25pm

Coomy- Ty Hun it's tough enough being a first time mom but being a first time mom to a preemie in the nicu ...it's overwhelming. Try to take it easy there lady :)

Auburnmama- sounds like your starting to loose your mucus plug ! That's pretty exciting!

Leniana- Thank you I hope he comes home soon too.

Mrs. Mom- I rented a pump from the hospital . It's a electric double pump , it's a madela lactina select. As far as bh's mine were just uncomfortable and tightening of the uterus. Then the real thing felt like menstraul cramps that also tightened to uterus. But the bh's just mostly the hardening and tightening.

afm- breast feeding is going well except on my left breast. We are having a heck of a time getting a good latch on that side and he just cries at it and we end up getting frustrated and give up on that side. I did end up getting a boppy nursing pillow because its so much fluffier and bigger than regular pillows and since he is so tiny it just was not working out with regular pillows. The hospital wants me pumping with Liam's feeding schedule so like every two hours so even with my baby in the nicu I'm still very sleep deprived. But gotta do what I gotta do .

knicole27

Reply by gppacen » Aug. 15, 2012 1:00pm

I hope all you ladies are well. It's been hard for me to keep track of what's going on with everyone. It's been so crazy for me lately. My grandmother ended up falling and breaking her hip, she had surgery to fix it but nothing but the surgery has gone well since. She got crazy on the anesthesia and actually hit me in the stomach when we were trying to help calm her down. My little grandmother had to be tied to the bed. It was bad - baby is ok of course but still it was very unsettling. I also have been having drama due to my sister's bridal shower coming up this weekend and am about to flip out. Actually I did yesterday - I stayed in my pjs all day and cried most of the morning. These pregnancy hormones are really getting to me. Well just wanted to check in.

Hope everyone has a great day:)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by flowermommy81 » Aug. 15, 2012 1:17pm

GP -- Sorry about your grandma and what happened. And sorry about your sister. I remember you having issues with her awhile back with her wedding planning. I bet you'll be glad when she's married and all that's done and over with. Some times what you need is to veg out on the couch and escape.

AFM -- Yesterday and last night, I was having weird pains in my low abdomen and crotch area. My low back hurt too. I couldn't sleep it was so uncomfortable. Was getting kind of worried but it went away and hasn't returned.

One of my close friends had her baby early this morning and another close friend is due any second. I know I have a ways to go, but it just makes me want to meet my baby too. I've been trying so hard to savor pregnancy in case this is our last one, but I'm getting ansy and am just ready to get labor behind me. I was pregnant before both of them, but I m/c on 8/28 last year -- my 30th birthday. I had to wait to conceive until I healed, and then my cycles were too short to conceive. Then they finally became normal, but I got a BFN the month both my friends got BFPs. I just feel like I have been waiting for this baby for a year now, and I feel like I have so much more to go. I'm happy for my friends, just kind of bumming with my birthday coming up, ya know? But, I am so thankful for this little one. She must be something special, because if I hadn't m/c, she wouldn't exist. And of course I want her to keep on baking, but I'm just so ready to hold her.

flowermommy81

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 15, 2012 2:02pm

knicole--hope the lac consultant can help your left boob out! Everyone tells me the first few weeks are very hard, but to stick with it, it gets easier. Cheering for you and your boob!

gppacen- awww...don't get stressed! Although I know you've had issues the whole time with the "wedding of doom". Hopefully the shower won't be too bad! At least there's cake, right?

jam- last night I also had a lot of pressure on my pelvic area. Little man was wiggling non-stop for like 4 hours yesterday, so I went for a walk on the treadmill for 30 mins. Not sure, but after that for about an hour it was some major pain down there with some contractions I think. Still a little sore today, but much better. I keep wondering if he's dropped? He's never been high so I can't really tell since I've never been that out of breath or had heartburn...

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Coomy08 » Aug. 16, 2012 7:09pm

Had my 34 weeks appointment today and once again I lost weight! Grr it's starting to frustrate me that I can't keep any weight on, I'm now only up 2.6 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, all the nurse said was "oh your down a lb from last time" and my doc didn't say anything about it, I eat and snack and what not so who knows. Told doc about my episode last Saturday when I was having the bad contractions with the lower back pain and menstrual cramping he just told me when I was leaving to call him if I need him ,which he has never said to me in the 4yrs I've been seeing him. Everything else looked good though, baby boy is still head down, hb was 130, fundal height measuring right on the dot.
I guess I'm starting my weekly appointments now, I have to go back next week..I wasn't expecting to start weekly till 36 weeks, oh well less wait time for me to listen to baby boy.
Really tired today, and I know it's just going to get worse over the next few days. Today will be day 6 working and then tomorrow and saturday I get to work at the fair in one of the concessions and sunday I work at my job..ready for monday so I can relax. Excited for Saturday though going to take Tucker to the fair so he can ride the ponies and play games and get some family time in before I have to do the concession.

4 weeks 6 days to go!

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Aug. 17, 2012 7:17pm

Afternoon ladies :) 37 week appointment went well, BP and heart rate and all that good stuff was normal. I found a little lump in my breast the night before, it's very much on the surface and right by the nipple, and the doc agreed with me that it is probably just a clogged milk duct. If it doesn't go away after baby gets here then she will send me to get an ultrasound to check it out, but I'm not too worried about it. In the meantime it doesn't hurt much and I'll keep putting hot cloths on it to open it up. I had one once with my first but it was after he was born, that one kind of sucked since we were still in the learning part of breastfeeding hehe.

Been having lots of pressure and crampiness, hoping that means things are moving forward! I am ready for baby hehe. We went and ordered our crib yesterday, it was regular price 399$ and we ended up paying 218$ for it after all my coupons and the gift cards! I was feeling a little bad about getting such an expensive crib but then afterwards I didn't feel so bad LOL. Plus it has the attached changer which I really wanted to have, and it was the one that was the most "sturdy" which was important to the hubby.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that August 24-Sept 16 Toys R us/Babies R us will be going one of their trade-in events. Take in an old car seat, crib, what have you, and you can get a coupon for 25% off a new item (and it doesn't need to be the same type of item). Here's a link: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706&camp=MISC:Vanity:miscmarketing:BRU:greattradein:82311 It says that it's from Jan to Feb on the site but I saw this on the back of a baby magazine that was sent to my house with those new dates, I suspect they just haven't updated their page yet (so those 30% off bonus ones might not be valid). Only other thing to be aware of is that the coupon is only good for that day of the trade-in only. We are hoping to use ours to get some more car seat bases and maybe an exersaucer that we are gonna save for his Christmas gift.

I also got my maternity leave scheduled finally, or at least the disability part of it, I will be out Sept 4-Oct 30th. After that I will be on vacation days as needed. I will apparently still have to call in if Wyatt comes early and move my start date up, but that shouldn't be a big deal, I wish I could have just said they were vacation days but apparently it still has to be started within 8 days of his birth so oh well.

Coomy - I would give you some of my weight if I could! As long as baby is doing well (and you aren't hungry hehe) try not to worry! Enjoy the fair, it sounds like a lot of fun even if it will be tiring!

auburn - I could definately use a shirt like that! I have been having a lot more discharge as well, and yeah definitely thicker. I bought more pantyliners and I am wish I hadn't cheaped out and bought the store brand, they are not as good as the carefree ones I had previously and they don't stick as well, so they bunch and leave a mess :/ So not fun. Good luck on the shower today, gift cards are always good!

nicole - I'm glad he is doing so well with the breastfeeding, even if it's only on the one side! It's not because the left side is over full is it? Maybe you can pump it a little before hand so it's not so difficult for him to latch on, i know I had to do that a couple of times with Gabe before we got settled. Any word on homecoming yet? I hope you and hubby are getting more relaxed together.

gp - yikes that sounds like a lot to deal with! I don't blame you at all for taking a morning just to lay and cry. At least the wedding stuff will soon be over!

jambolina - it is tough to wait :( Your little one is definitely special, and she will be here before you know it. Only a month left now, it will fly by!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I have the dog groomers and school shopping this Sunday, and tomorrow is just some cleaning and hubby taking some stuff to the dump for me. I got invited to go to a concert Saturday night but sadly I had to pass, I just don't want to chance having to try and get back to town (it's only 45 minutes away, but with concert traffic who knows) in case I go into labor, plus being on my feet for hours is sure to make my poor feet and ankles insanely swollen. I rested a ton yesterday with my feet up and they looked almost normal this morning! Of course they are already back to their swollen selves now .

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Aug. 17, 2012 7:33pm

Hope you get some rest Coomy! Try to take it easy if you can!

Welp, today's appt had me dialated ONE whole centimeter!! Whoo hoo! I know it's tiny, but I feel like it's a mile! LOL! And he's def dropped. So we'll see! U/S next week for size estimate.

Hope everyone is doing okay and have a great weekend!!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama