Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

November 2015 - Page 54

Replies (1183)

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 2, 2015 10:05pm

Idk, oh no! Seems like everyone is getting sick! I hope Brynlee misses out on it! And I'm glad your bp is normal today. I hope your next appointment goes well!

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 5, 2015 1:33am

Hey ladies! I hope you are each doing well! Catts that really sucks! I know you wanted to nurse really bad! Don't let it stress you out, if you have to use formula and you get to keep your sanity there is nothing wrong with that! Heck bottle feeding when you have two little ones may be easier! Have things gotten any better?

Idk, I hope everyone is heathy now and that no ones else got sick! So glad breastfeeding is going so well for you!

Victoria, is Isabella still colicky?

Afm, I've been trying not to supplement but honestly I'm worried Asher won't gain on my milk alone. I can say I've noticed that he can now cluster feed and get milk almost the whole time. So something is working! Yesterday was bad, he cluster fed in the middle of the day when I was home alone with him. So thankful my parents live nearby. My mom went and got the girls dinner, picked them up from school, came and took the baby because he wouldn't let me put him down, and stayed until my husband got home which was kind of late. I'm very blessed! I just hope Asher is gaining and all this cluster feeding is doing something! I'm finally feeling good, I even went to my office and took care of some paper work for insurance and stuff. It's so nice to be hungry again! Oh and my weight I gained 33 pounds total (yuck) and I weighed Monday with 15 pounds left to loose, and as of today I only have 10 pounds left. And I've been eating what I want, for the most part anyway. I just hope this continues!

Jessica
Wife to Jeremiah since May 10, 2003
Mom to Alyssa Faith November 14, 2003
Autumn Brooke May 15, 2008
Our October 30th, 2014
Asher Jeremiah November 24, 2015
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 5, 2015 4:08pm

Jessy, things are not getting much better at all. I have almost no time to pump and when I do get the time, I have to stop 5 minutes in because one of the kids start screaming. I think I am drying up, as when I pump, I am only getting drops of milk per session. I've tried talking to my husband about just stopping and letting my milk dry the rest of the way up, but he's not much of a help. He wants me to continue trying, but I don't think he understands exactly how stressed it is making me feel and it is making the depressions WAY worse. I feel horrible for wanting to give up, especially when I factor in the cost of formula per week when we're already struggling, but I think we'll all be happier without me stressing about breastmilk and snapping at everyone because I am so stressed about.
And I hope Asher is gaining weight! Valerie was a slow starter for gaining weight, but when we went Thursday for a weight check, she had gained over a 1lb in 8 days. (She's on formula though, since I'm not producing very much milk at all.)

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by idk3333 » Dec. 5, 2015 7:53pm

Catts, I'm sorry the breastfeeding has been so difficult. I would hope your husband understands that continuing or stopping is really up to you. And that it's not something to make you feel guilty about. Good luck!

Afm, my 3 year old is feeling better but now my 6 year old has the same stomach bug. I'm just really hoping that my husband, Brynlee and I don't get it.
And despite the fact that I'm really proud of myself for how well I've done nursing this time, I'm really stressed about how long it takes. I feed on demand and I let her take as long as she needs, which usually ends up being 45 minutes to an hour. I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to take care of the other two once my husband goes to work if I'm taking that long to nurse. I know at some point it'll take less time, I just don't know if I can hang in there til then.

idk3333

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 6, 2015 3:32am

Idk, my husband isn't guilt tripping me about it all. He has said he will support me no matter what I choose to do, but he knows how badly I want/wanted to breastfeed and he knows how torn I am about whether or not to keep trying or just give up. He just wants to make sure that I am 100% certain before I make a decision. And I appreciate that. One minute I just want to give up and the next I'm wanting to keep trying. I just don't know what I want with any certainty.
And I hope you continue to dodge the stomach bug! I'm still struggling to get over this cold I've had since Valerie was born.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 6, 2015 2:55pm

Catts, I'm so sorry you have been having such a difficult time! That sounds very stressful!

Idk! I know what you mean the on demand feeding can be very stressful. Hopefully it won't be so bad once your husband goes back to work. It hasn't been horrible here but both of my girls are in school, and my mom has been helping when I need her. I'm glad breastfeeding is going so well for you! Hoping no one else gets sick at your house! Breastfeeding is probably the best protection for Brynlee!

Afm - we're hanging in there! I've been having s bunch of anxiety about whether or not Asher is getting enough from me. He is doing everything I'm suppose to watch for, tons of diapers, right color, super satisfied after he eats. Sometimes he just wants to eat so often is stresses me out and makes me worry. Last night he nursed on one side per hour, and sometimes for not very long. That makes me worry too,.. So anyway hoping at his Two week appointment to see good results from all this crazy nursing! I need to start pumping because he has got to eat when I go back to work, although I wish I didn't have to go back to work! :(

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 7, 2015 2:10am

Hello Ladies,

I am sorry that all of you are having difficulty with/anxiety over breastfeeding. Here's to hoping that things settle down for each of you.

AFM: Isabella's colic has improved with antigas drops. I can finally breathe a sigh of relief, lol. She still gets colic, but not nearly as bad. She will be 5 weeks old on Wednesday. I just wish time would slow down a bit. I am trying to soak up every moment knowing she will be our last munchkin.

Post partum issues have raised. I developed post partum pre-eclampsia and started to bleed heavily (soaking a pad or two every hour). I went to the er and now I need to follow up with my ob/gyn on Tuesday afternoon. I may end up having a D&C because there may be left over pregnancy material in my uterus. I also have to follow up with my PCP for the hypertension issue. When I left the ER to go home my blood pressure came down to 151/101. It was much higher when I first arrived. Oh the post partum joys, lol. Hoping that both issues resolve soon.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 7, 2015 3:22am

Victoria, glad Isabella's colic is getting under control, bu that's horrible about your PP issues! I hope they are resolved soon!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 7, 2015 5:09pm

So I have had this nasty cold pretty much since Valerie and I came home from the hospital. I was taking cold meds that my doctor said were safe to take while breastfeeding. I started wondering if they were causing my supply issues, so I stopped taking them 3 or 4 days ago. Good news is I started to see an increase in my pumping output last night (I got 1oz out of each breast for 2oz total, SCORE!), bad news is I am now coughing hard enough to cause me to puke after every single coughing fit. So do I stay off the meds and hopefully keep my supply up? Or do I sacrifice the supply and take the meds so I am not coughing my lungs up and then promptly puke my guts up? (Did I also mention that everytime I cough, I pee my pants? And I actually had a rather bad diarrhea accident last night while coughing? No? Well, yea. That totally happened and it was not something I want to repeat.) URGH! I hope this nastiness goes away soon. I am so tired of coughing and not being able to breathe and the runny nose and the sinus drainage and the puking because of said coughing and sinus drainage.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by mama2twins7 » Dec. 8, 2015 4:32am

Sounds like everyone has craziness darn flu season.
My 6 year old sick with fever today keeps refusing meds ugh
Baby Kennedy is now beyond colic and now prob has acid reflux joy. My happy baby has slowly depleted to miserable one. She just started to be introduced to similac alimentum. Hoping helps or they will put her on meds. I just want to see her smile. Not crying in pain make less me sad

mama2twins7

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 8, 2015 2:35pm

Mama: that baby formula worked wonders for my three youngest ones. Hope baby Kennedy responds as well.

Cattsmeow: How is the pumping going? Have you decided whether or not to continue breastfeeding? It's a tough call. I would go with your gut instinct on this one.

AFM: I had to reschedule my ob visit and my PCP visit until the 29th of December. The good thing is that the bleeding has finally let up. It hasn't completely stopped, but is now light after about 5 days of heavy bleeding. I think that I may have had a very heavy period versus left over pregnancy product. We shall see if the bleeding stays light though. My blood pressure is also down in the high 130/140 range. So hopefully I am reverting back to normal, lol. I guess normal is relative though, lol. How is everyone else doing?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 8, 2015 5:18pm

Mama, I hope the formula helps! And I'm sorry your 6 year old is sick! I hope it passes quickly!

Victoria, glad everything is returning to "normal" for you!

As for making a decision regarding breastfeeding, no I haven't. And with every passing day I am getting more depressed about it. =/ I WANT to breastfeed, but it's looking like it's not in the cards for me. I met with an LC, and she told me that while Valerie is having latch issues and we should go ahead with her surgery to correct it no matter what I decide to do as far as breastfeeding, the problem lies more with me than the baby. I apparently have issues transferring milk. I had a breast reductions when I was 16. I was in specialty bras (think GG), and was developing major back issues due to the size of my chest. I usually had to use an ace bandage to bind my chest, it was so bad. I've had my nipples pierced twice in my youth. (Once when I was 20, and then I got them redone almost 4 years ago before giving up on them and taking them out for good.) And apparently that screwed up my milk ducts, disconnected them or whatever, and I can not simply empty my breasts fully enough to create a good supply. The LC told me that I could spend all day on the pump and not get much milk or establish a good supply. I was also told that even if we got Valerie to latch on properly, I would likely still have to supplement with formula and that she would still be mostly on the formula. So yea. I don't know if I should continue to pump and torutre myself over the whole thing, or just throw in the towel and say "f*ck it", get really depressed about it for a couple of weeks, and then come to terms with it. No matter what I decide to do, I believe I will not be 100% happy. If I stop, I'm going to feel SUPER depressed for a while, but if I continue, I am going to hate the time I spend chained to my pump and be depressed even longer. I'd say it's like deciding to either rip the bandaid clean off (which hurts bad but not as long) or slowly work the bandaid off (which hurts bad for longer). *head desk*

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by mama2twins7 » Dec. 9, 2015 5:20pm

Catts that is me with breastfeeding I wanted so bad. I ad a breast lift and they took out half my tissue. I had my nipples pierced lol back in dan and after 3 weeks of trying and stress and tears I gave uo. Per lactation consultant advixe. Hugs my friend. Do what is best for you and valerie she will still prosper on formula if u choose that route

mama2twins7

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 9, 2015 6:36pm

Mama, I threw in the towel yesterday. I had a major breakdown last night and my husband said it's not worth it. Not if it is causing me this much stress, frustration, and depression. I agreed. So I'm done. I cried and cried and cried about it, and woke up really depressed this mornng. I'm still wallowing in it, but I am standing strong in the decision my husband and I both made. It's for the best, and Valerie is doing well on formula. She's fed and happy, and that's what really matters, right?

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by idk3333 » Dec. 10, 2015 3:11am

Catts, I'm sorry you've had to go through all that difficulty with breastfeeding. I hope soon enough you'll feel better about it. You gave it a much better try than most women would've, including me. It's obvious you're a great mom just based on the way you want so much for your kids. You're awesome!

I feel guilty for even saying this since some of you want to nursing so bad and can't, but this is my hard thing. Nursing has been stressing me out lately because of how long she takes to eat. I just fed her a bottle for my first time (she's sucked me dry) and I actually felt more connected to her that way. I think because I wasn't stressed. I so wish I could switch places with you Catts and Mama! You guys deserve to be able to breastfeed much more than I do. I think I'll keep nursing, but I might start doing more bottles now.

idk3333

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 10, 2015 3:39am

Idk, breastfeeding is definitely not for everyone, so don't feel bad that you don't like it. While I wish I was able to nurse my daughter, I came to the realization today that we're ALL happier when I just give her a bottle. I'm not chained to my breast pump, and best of all, my 16 month old LOVES to sit beside me while I am feeding Valerie a bottle and help me feed her. He wouldn't be able to do that if I was nursing. So not only am I getting to bond with V, I get to turn that time into more bonding time with my son as well. Yea, I'm still depressed as hell about it, but I'm trying to find the upside to it.

Afm, Valerie has her surgery in the morning. Tonight is going to be a rough night. She can't have formula after 2am, and breastmilk after 4. I have 2 ounces of breastmilk saved back, and I am breaking my word to my husband and pumping a couple more times before I go to bed so I can have a little more bm to give her before the feeding cutoff. He understands why I am doing it. Neither of us want to see Valerie going hungry longer than absolutely necessary. I won't be able to get much more than what I already have put back, but it's still worth a shot.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 10, 2015 12:55pm

Cattsmeow: good luck with Valerie's surgery. Thinking of you two and praying that everything goes well.

Isabella is sick again with another cold. I so wish these germs would back the heck off. So tired of the family being sick. I've been having the kids wash their hands after coming home from school in an effort to curb the germs. Hoping it works.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Dec. 10, 2015 7:56pm

Valerie's surgery went great! The nurses were apparently fighting over who got to hold her in the recovery room. Lol.

Victoria, sorry Isabella is sick again. It is really going around. My nephew has chicken pox, which means we will not be going up to Christmas up there. Both of my boys have had th2 vaccination for it, but Valerie is too young yet and I am not risking it. But having the kids wash their hands is a good idea. I've been paranoid, so I sent hand sanitizer and lysol wipes to school with my oldest. Lol.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » Dec. 11, 2015 10:11pm

Hey ladies!! Yikes seems like everyone has been having a bit of a tough time lately! Geez we just thought it was rough when we were pregnant. Oh well I'm sure none of us would trade it for anything!

Catts my heart hurts for you! I know how bad you wanted to breastfeed! But when it comes down to it all that matters is that mom and baby are healthy! Heck bottle feeding will probably be a lot less stressful! I'm glad her procedure went well!

Victoria, that poor baby can't seem to get well! I hope she gets over it quickly and stays that way. So sorry to hear about your Pp problems! It sounds like you're on the mend now, I really hope so!

Idk I know what you mean about breastfeeding being so stressful! Yikes! Seriously through, you gotta do what's best for your family!

Mama- I hope everyone at your house is healthy again!

Afm it's been a rough few weeks but I'm finally starting to feel normal again! My iron is still low but it's coming up! Asher had his two week check up yesterday he weighed 9lbs 9oz, was 22 inches long his doctor was very impressed with growth. His head is on the small size but it's fine! It brought a lot of relief, now I just have to master pumping and nursing together. I have to say I'm pretty exhausted, and so is my husband. But we're making it!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by thecronins722 » Dec. 12, 2015 3:49pm

Jessyann: That's awesome about Asher's growth. What a relief that all your hard work is paying off. Glad to hear that you are doing better. Hoping that trend continues for you and Asher.

Cattsmeow: So glad Valerie's surgery went well.

AFM: Isabella's temperature has been creeping up a bit. It is holding steady at 99.8, but has got me a bit worried. She has been very lethargic and sleepy the last two days, which is not normal for her. Keeping a close eye on her and making sure we call the pediatrician asap if her temperature reaches 100.4. If it does, then we head to the er for evaluation. Oh, such is the season. As far as post partum issues goes, all bleeding has stopped and blood pressure is holding in the 130's and 140's. Much better then when I was in the ER. Heading in the right direction. Next week we get to celebrate my sons 6th birthday. So excited for him, lol. His original due date was Christmas, so I always think of him as a Christmas baby. Love this season.

-Victoria

thecronins722