Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

November 2015 - Page 57

Replies (1183)

Reply by jessyann1985 » Jan. 13, 2016 6:49pm

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing?

Asher and I are doing great! Every day is getting a little easier! But we're also getting closer and closer to me going back to work. I'm trying to sneak in some pumping sessions to get ready for that. Next week will be easier, so far only one thing scheduled for next week. This week has been busy! My husbands truck broke down, but thankfully it was a pretty easy fix and less than $500! Yesterday my husband had a doctors appointment, he probably has prostatitis. Crazy!! He's only 32 but that's good news because prostate cancer runs in the family. His dad had it and his grandfather died from it and even his brother has had problems. Today we start the process of having my youngest daughter evaluated for ADD. Yikes! And tomorrow is my six week even though it's been 7 weeks. Ready for that to be over! My incision is close back up but it feels tight.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh and I almost forgot to add that Asher is now able to wear 3-6
Month clothes! He has almost completely outgrown 0-3 month stuff! He's a big boy!!

Jessica
Wife to Jeremiah since May 10, 2003
Mom to Alyssa Faith November 14, 2003
Autumn Brooke May 15, 2008
Our October 30th, 2014
Asher Jeremiah November 24, 2015
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by thecronins722 » Jan. 13, 2016 8:10pm

Hey jessyann,

Sorry to hear that your dh is having prostatitis issues. Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon. Sounds like Asher is getting so big. Isabella is still in her 0-3 month clothes, lol. She was born at 8.5 lbs, but since being diagnosed with a milk protein allergy, she has gained at a slower rate. She currently ranks in the 50% as far as weight. Wow, time is certainly flying by. I can't believe that our babies are getting so big. Isabella coos and smiles all the time. I can just eat her up, lol. She gets her first vaccinations next Friday, yikes! Well needless to say we are all doing well. Isabella, for the most part, sleeps through the night. Much better than how our other children have slept when they were her age. BTW, her pictures came out fantastic at the Picture People.

How are you doing preparing emotionally to go back to work?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Jan. 14, 2016 3:13am

Jessy, glad they caught it early! Hopefully he'll be on the up soon! As for the evaluation for ADD for your daughter, I hope it goes quickly for you! My oldest has his second block of testing Friday morning. And Asher does sound like a big boy! I'm glad he is doing so well. Sorry you're gearing up to go back to work. How much longer do you have before then?

Victoria, I LOVE the pictures of Isabella you post on FB. She is so gorgeous! Valerie has her first set of shots the 26th. So not looking forward to that.

As for me, I had my tubal surgery yesterday. I felt alright afterwards, just really tired. Today, however, I feel like a semi ran me over. They inflated my abdomen with gas for the surgery, and that is causing me more pain than than the 3 incisions. It's killing my shoulders, middle back, and my ribs, which my doctor said is normal. I'm not allowed to drive for a week and I can't pick up more than 15lbs for a month, which is going to be insanely hard with my 17 month old. However, my husband took some vacation time so he doesn't have to go back to work until Saturday. And my dad is taking both of the boys this weekend, so I'll only have Valerie, which is nice. She still sleeps most of the day, so it'll be a bit of a break for me.

Valerie is doing great. She eats like a pig. We have her on Enfamil AR formula now and she is doing MUCH better on that. She's getting so big so fast on me.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Jan. 14, 2016 5:40pm

Cattsmeow: hopefully all that post operative pain will diminish sooner rather than later. Valerie is adorable too. Love seeing all the pictures of her and your boys. They are handsome too. Thank goodness that Valerie is doing much better with the formula change. Let's hope that trend continues for both of us. Isabella is getting her shots next Friday. I hear you for not looking forward to that. How are your boys doing? How is the testing process going with your oldest?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by jessyann1985 » Jan. 15, 2016 4:26pm

Catts, so glad Valerie is doing better on her new formula! And I hope your sons testing is going well this morning!
That gas sounds horrible! That basically how I felt all the time while I was pregnant with Asher. It's pretty miserable! Hopefully it's better today!

Victoria, I'm so glad Isabella is doing well on her new formula! These poor babies and their colic! She sounds perfect and her "average" weight is still good!

I'm doing okay, I'm not looking forward to going back to work. But right now I don't really have a choice so I just have to deal with it. Pumping at work is going to be interesting too. But right now I'll do whatever I can to keep breastfeeding. My mom is going to be keeping Asher and I will only be about a mile or so from him so every day at lunch I can go see him.

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by mama2twins7 » Jan. 16, 2016 5:15am

Just saying hi. I'll have to read everyone updates been busy and crazy with colds n ahhh here. Hope everyone well

mama2twins7

Reply by Cattsmeow » Jan. 16, 2016 2:46pm

Victoria, my boys are doing great! My oldest is doing amazing at school, and Brandt is really starting to use his words to communicate. His favorite words are no, go, stay, daddy, bobby (bottle), and bite/yum for food. He insists on calling me Daddy and when I correct him, he says No, Mommy, Daddy. Lol. And my oldest did great during his testing. His psychologist is going to call us next week to set up a results appointment. Both of them are at my parents house this weekend and it is way too quiet here without them.

Afm, I am feeling MUCH better today. My right shoulder still has quite a bit of gas built up in it and it still hurts like a b!tch. But my incisions are healing up nicely. The lower incisions are bruised pretty bad. I still have a bandage on the one right below my navel. It pulled open yesterday when Brandt kicked me while changing his diaper, so I've been keeping it covered to minimize risk of infection.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Jan. 16, 2016 2:46pm

Jessyann: it's great that Asher will be with your mom. It is a little bit easier for the transition when you have someone you love and trust taking care of your little one. You are rocking breast feeding. Wishing you well with the transition.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by thecronins722 » Jan. 19, 2016 1:59am

Cattsmeow: that's awesome that your boys are doing well. So glad to hear that. Fingers crossed that you do not get a wound infection.

AFM: getting ready for the upcoming social security hearing next Tuesday morning. It will definitely be a great help if they finally approve my application. Can't wait to get it over and done with. They originally told me I qualified but that the severity of my bipolar illness wasn't severe enough. I couldn't help but laugh at that, seeing as I have had many suicide attempts that were significant attempts. Crazy that you have to fight for benefits that I paid into social security. So frustrating....

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Jan. 25, 2016 7:14pm

I am 2 weeks post surgery tomorrow and I am finally not in pain anymore except for the occasional sharp pain the vicinity of my ovaries and uterus. However my period is WAY out of whack. I bled 8 days after my surgery fairly heavy, and I started bleeding again today and it is very heavy. I have my post op appointment Thursday, so I am definitely asking about it. Now that I have had the surgery, a bunch of people are telling me horror stories about their tubals. Heavy, very painful cycles. Ectopic pregnancies. Emergency hysterectomies. It's got me a little freaked out. =/

Valerie has her 2 month appointment tomorrow. She also gets her first round of shots. I'm curious to see how much she weighs now. She has grown like a weed.

My husband also got demoted at work last week, so we lost a HUGE portion of his pay. Thankfully, we now qualify for WIC, but we have to wait for the paystubs to verify income. Unless they will accept 1 stub and his demotion letter. Another thing is WIC only has Gerber Good Start formula now, and Gerber does not have an equivalent to Enafamil AR. I may be able to get around that with a note from the doctor though. I'll find out tomorrow when I go by the office to set up an appointment.

Anyways, hope you all are doing well!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by mama2twins7 » Feb. 12, 2016 4:56am

Hi ladies hope everyone is well

mama2twins7

Reply by jessyann1985 » Feb. 18, 2016 3:43pm

Hey ladies! Just wanted to check in and see if you guys are coming around anymore! I know life can get super busy!

Just a little update! Asher is doing great growing like crazy. At his two month check up he weighed 14lbs. he was in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th for length! All breastmilk, he did slow down a bit but his eating slowed down quite a bit and he only gained one pound and one once in three weeks but he is still in the 90th percentile for weight, eating well and having plenty of wet and dirty diapers so it was not a concern. He had his first little cold, actually I think it was caused by allergies. But he is better now! I went back to work on Monday so I'm pumping and my poor little guy HATES bottles :( we have tried two different ones so we will see if we can find one he will tolerate better. Pumping sucks but I'll do whatever it takes for my boy. I'm worried that he isn't eating enough and that this will affect his weight. But I'm trying to feed him before work, on my lunch break and right when I pick him up. OH and my husband has him all alone today! I'm interested to see how that goes!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Feb. 19, 2016 3:28am

Jessy, glad Asher is doing well! I'm sorry that you had to return to work and that baby boy hates bottles. But it sounds like he is doing great weight wise!

Poor Valerie has a diaper rash from hell. She has blisters all over her bottom. BLISTERS! I confirmed that she is having an allergic reaction, but we have no idea if it's to her diapers or to the wipes. So we switched her diapers and are giving it a few days to see if the rash clears up. If it doesn't then I will switch the wipes. Oi! I feel so bad for her. She cries all the time bc her bottom hurts. I've been wrapping her in a towel and leaving her diaper off as much as I can today after we got back from the doctor. =/ But other than that, she is doing great! Although she has rubbed a bald strip across the back of her head.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Feb. 21, 2016 9:47pm

Hello ladies,

Glad to hear that for the most part everyone is doing well. Wow, Asher sounds like a big boy. Poor little Isabella hasn't even reached 11 lbs yet, lol. She is doing great besides being on the small side. Needless to say, things have been very hectic lately. My mom has been in and out of rehab for the last month and it is taking its toll on us all.

Cattsmeow: So sorry that Valerie has a bad rash. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by jessyann1985 » Mar. 3, 2016 9:22pm

Well we're up to 16lbs and he has now passed his cousin who is 3 weeks older than him by about a half a pound. He is doing better with bottles but still prefers mommy. He is going through a growth spurt right now so he is eating all night and i'm a little tired! I need to find a GOOD position so I feel safe letting him lay next to me so he can just latch on whenever he gets hungry instead of me having to position him. lol That may sound lazy but I need SLEEP!

Catts, OMG poor girl!! I hope she is doing better! Did you figure out what was causing her reaction? My daughter went through the same thing when she was a baby and it turned out she was allergic to almost every diaper available at walmart except pampers. UGH! We had someone give us some cloth diapers so on bad days I would just put her in a cloth diaper until her bum got better! UGH poor thing!

Victoria, Isabella sounds perfect! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » Mar. 5, 2016 2:44am

Jessy, it was the diapers. Within 6 hours of changing the brand, the blisters started to go away. Poor baby was miserable and in pain. She's doing OK with Luvs' currently, but she still has a rash. I've been coating her bottom with Aquafor as a protective barrier. I don't know what it is about the parents choice brand diapers, but Brandt and Valerie ate both allergic to them. My oldest had no trouble with them.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by mama2twins7 » Mar. 7, 2016 5:44am

Hey ladies been a long time. Been so busy obviously. ..son has add so been trying to catch him up at school and sleep lol. All well here Kennedy was 13 lbs at her 4 mos check up couple weeks ago. Working tummy time changed formula all is well. She still cat naps so days are long. .wish she'd sleep so she would not be so cranky at nights she's teething too. Some much slobber. Ha over happy baby happy kids life awesome

mama2twins7

Reply by thecronins722 » Mar. 15, 2016 4:34pm

Hello ladies,

All is well here too. Isabella is doing great. At almost 5 months she weighs almost 12lbs, lol. She's a little peanut. We finally got a used second car for me to use around town. Should make it much easier to get to appointments. My husband and I are in the process of looking to purchase a new home down South. Anywhere from VA to Georgia. We are currently residing in NH and the kids have expressed interest in moving to someplace warm. I can't blame them. I prefer it as well. I would miss our family and grandsons tremendously though. We plan to visit several times a year and we can always Skype as well. How are all of you beautiful ladies doing? Anything new going on?

Jessyann: Glad the Asher is doing well and taking his bottles better. Can't blame you for wanting to get some zzz's.

Cattsmeow: Glad to hear that Valerie's bottom is doing better. Hopefully it stays that way.

Mama: Glad baby's formula change went well.Here's to hoping for better sleep.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Mar. 15, 2016 5:41pm

Victoria, Isabella is so tiny! Valerie is getting pretty hefty. We had a WIC appointment yesterday and she's up to 15lbs 12oz and will be 4 months Thursday. I have to say, I love seeing pictures of Isabella on facebook! She is such a doll and is always smiling! I'm jealous that guys are considering moving somewhere warmer. I've been trying to talk my hubby into moving down to Florida, but so far it hasn't worked. Instead, he's applied for a few jobs in Ohio. *gag* If we're going to move, we're not moving just one state over. lol.

As for us, Valerie is doing great! She is rolling over now, back to belly. She gets really mad when she does it, though, because she can't figure out how to get her arm out from underneath herself. Every time she rolls over, though, she gets this surprised look on her face like "how did I get here?" Her rash is completely gone now, thankfully, and she is trying to hold her own bottle. I'm horrible and prop her bottle sometimes. (I would never get anything done if I didn't.) I'm always within sight of her when I do it, and she's really good about shoving it away when she doesn't want it anymore.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Mar. 23, 2016 6:31pm

Cattsmeow: Valerie is such a cutie! So glad that she is doing well. That's funny about her fart scaring her the other day. Both my husband and I were laughing hysterically. I love seeing your posts as well on FB. We are doing awesome, tired but that's to be expected. As far as moving I would like to do it within the next year. Hopefully sooner.

-Victoria

thecronins722