Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 6

Replies (300)

Reply by urbangirl11 » Feb. 2, 2012 2:15am

Hey girls!!

Auburn - Great job with keeping up with your workouts! I am DOG tired ALL the time too and I am having trouble but I'm pushing myself. If I'm not up to a full workout hubby takes me for 30-45 minute walks which btw - REALLY helps with the bloating!!

I think it'll be so much fun to go out and get maternity clothes!! It's exciting you are already getting your bump!! yay! :-)

Elizabeth - hahaha.. I'm happy to hear that you are finding ways to keep your unbuttoned pants up! My friend used to use hair ties!... I made the mistake today of wearing my jeans and a belt - I had such bad uterus stretching pains (like I worked out my abs to much!)... so, I won't be doing THAT again anytime soon!

Knicole - SO happy to hear you had a good appt! Sorry you have to wait for your U/S! :-( That's no fun! But, at least you'll know the gender at your 'next' U/S! That's exciting!! :-) Thanks for the encouragement! I'm going to start working on the blog tomorrow! :-)

AFM - ....So, quick update (NVM - not quick update.. haha) on my appt today! :-)

It wasn't EXACTLY how I pictured it would go. My baby is 5 weeks along instead of 7 weeks! BUT! My Doc said everything looked great! I got to see that cute little tail and the fetal pole and everything! :-) I AM IN LOVE!!! I told him that my numbers were 10 and then 57 just 2 weeks ago and he said that makes sense for how far along the baby is - he started telling me it's not growing and yada yada but I told him about my numbers and then he said that my baby looks great!

He wanted to have me come in next wednesday for another U/S but hubby and I would like to wait until the following week just to be sure we hear a nice strong HB! :-) So, I have to call tomorrow and schedule the appt. It was such a great experience though!! I LOVE MY BABY SO MUCH!!! <3

I can't wait to hear the HB now! :-) I'll be about 7 weeks and 2-3 days next time I go so it should be a good difference in size and how the baby looks! :-) The baby was .61 CM long! hehehehe.. ADORABLE!

So yes, I'm standing in faith and believing that this baby is developing exactly how it should be!! perfectly!! :-) I can't wait to see him/her again in a couple weeks! :-)

Anyways, that's my update!!! My EDD is now Oct 2nd but I'm staying here with you girls because 1) I love you all and 2) this baby might decide to show up in Sept! - you never know ;-)

Wednesday's are busy for us girls! :-)

urbangirl11

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 2, 2012 2:56am

urbangirl- very glad your u/s went well though.. that makes sense being maybe not as far along as you expected with your numbers.

On a side note. angelwings if your out there.. I am praying for you girl. Praying for you to find peace and comfort right now.

knicole27

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 2, 2012 10:31am

urbangirl, great news about your little baby!

Nicole, something wrong with angelwings??

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 2, 2012 1:46pm

I took a look at angelwings' page and it looks like she has lost her pregnancy. She posted a couple journal entries about it, looks like it happened shortly after her post.

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 2, 2012 1:50pm

Oh no, is something wrong with angelwings??

urban: Great news!! You will be amazed at the difference between week 6 and week 7! It's truly amazing!

Workouts are hard, but if I get in at least 30 min a day I feel better...I guess! Cut back from my kettlebell stuff to mainly cardio and low impact stuff like squats, lunges, situps (for now), pushups, etc.

Weighed this morning, so far I've only gained 2lbs. I guess that's not bad...I say a pound of it is waterweight from bloating!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 2, 2012 1:54pm

Just saw that Leniana....my heart breaks for her and her family. Prayers being sent.

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by urbangirl11 » Feb. 2, 2012 2:38pm

Boooooo.... my heart breaks for angelwings and her family. I am sooooo sorry ;-( You will be in my prayers. Words are no comfort, I know. You have 2 little babies in heaven right now and you will see them someday. I am crying for your loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auburn - That's SO great that you are staying in shape like that!!! And congrats on only gaining a few pounds! Definitely water weight!! ;-) hehe.. My friend and I work out together - she's a personal trainer and is 21 weeks pregnant right now. It's great cause she's able to work with me and understands what to do and what not to do.

Aw, thanks! I can't wait to go see my baby again :-) I am actually going to push my appt back to two weeks from tomorrow. That way, there is a really strong heart beat - more accurate dating (hopefully) and I'll have a more recent picture to show my family when I go home that weekend! :-)

It now makes sense that I'm not as far along cause the past couple days I've had some crazy symptoms kick in!! I'm breaking out like crazy!! I did a natural charcoal mask last night which helped but man.. I feel like I'm 13 again! I've had really strong stretching/pinching/pulling feelings in my uterus the past 2 days as well as some MS kicking in. But, I don't care! I love it! I am just happy my baby is growing strong! :-)

Knicole and Susy - Thank you so much!! It was absolutely amazing seeing that little baby in there!

Side note - anybody watch Syfy's new show "FaceOff"?????? It's beyond amazing what these people can create! They do makeup special affects and turn people into creatures from books, movies, etc - It's super cool!

urbangirl11

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 2, 2012 3:58pm

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 2, 2012 4:12pm

oh, poor angelwings words can describe what you are going through; I am for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breaks are too short for personals, but sometimes I just need to share/rant with somebody who is in the similar situation...
my dh left two days ago to take his grandma back to Mississipi (she is 94 but she came to her daughter's funeral with her grandson who left very shortly without her). Like always my dh is the one who's saving the world, he took a week off and took old lady home...I miss him so badly, everything is worse without him, the food is not tasty, the air has less oxygen, the sun shines less -... and house is the mess. I only now realize how spoiled I was ...dh was the one who was taking care of the househols chores and he did amazing job. The only thing I had to do is work .. and look pretty :) ...It was so nice, so helpful to come back from work to a place where everything is in order, dishes done, dinner cooked, bathrooms are sparkly..Boys cannot understand the concept of clean house; for them picking up their socks is already a super-achievement...I can't wait till he's back..

auburn and urban - I admire that you still keep your exercising regime, I wish I could do it, but i am slacking...I am a swimmer and used to swim a lot, but now the problem is swimsuit- my pre-pregnant swimsuit is not big enough to cover my nipples and with my two jobs+ boys basketball I have no time going shopping...ahhh... i miss swimming, next time I am going swimming in my t-shirt :)

esperanza

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 2, 2012 5:45pm

Angelwings- my heart is still breaking for you but mourn and then to the next step of healing. It will happen for you at the right time. Many prayers for comfort right now.

urbangirl- oh I love syfy's faceoff!!

afm- I am forcing fluids down myself because i am been HORRIBLE at drinking enough and my pee is always like bright yellow. I know..bad bad bad bad! but water is so gross!!! ugh.. but i am so horrible constipated again I realized that its actually from the zofran I take here and there along with not enough water and then baby is making things hard! literally. My guts hurt! I am so backed up. ... again. So lots of water.. ick.. today and smoothies. Having a hard time with solid foods because there is like no room for anything to go its so uncomfortable. :/

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 2, 2012 6:12pm

Came to closest to tossing my cookies I have this whole time, just a second ago. Had some cottage cheese, that I normally eat with pineapple, but had apricots...OMG the texture had me almost lose it! Tried to change that with some baby carrots...blah, bitter!

Settling for a preggo pop sucker and some water.

Aside, I also love Face Off, but I have to DVR it and watch it later, I turn into a pumpkin by 9!!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 2, 2012 6:44pm

Ladies, question, I really love pineapple but i've read somewhere that it can cause/start labour. Does anyone know if it is safe to eat pineapple in this period?

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 2, 2012 6:56pm

Susy- I honestly had no clue about pineapple. I don't eat it much because its very high in sugar and I have reactive hypoglycemia so I have to moderate it quite a bit but what I did read and look into on it is you would have to eat and or drink a whole LOT of pineapple/ juice in order to induce contractions. Like a whole pineapple to yourself each day and several glasses of pineapple juice in order to induce labor maybe even more. So in moderation seems to be ok. Once every day most likely wouldn't be enough to do any harm.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by urbangirl11 » Feb. 2, 2012 7:47pm

Esperanza - I'm so sorry to hear that you hubby is away!! I know when I'm away from my hubby - it is the worst feeling in the world! He is a great man for doing that though! He will be home before you know it! :-)

Yes!! Swimming in a shirt would be fun! haha... You should definitely get back into swimming if you enjoy it so much!! :-)... I want to get into swimming soon! It's very good for you during pregnancy! I am going to sign up with the local gym because the base gym doesn't have a pool.

knicole - have you tried chewing on crushed ice? If you can't handle drinking water - then you can try sucking/chewing on ice :-)

Auburn - Ah! I had my first bout of MS today!!! BAHHHH IT'S SUCKS!! I wasn't really close to tossing cookies but man do I feel crappy! I can't handle anything like cottage cheese. haha... makes me gag soooo bad! You might have to stay away from that from now on. hehe...

Oh yes, I DVR 99% of my shows cause they are on SOOO late!! I am in bed by 8:30 or 9! haha..

Susy - you can definitely eat it in moderate amounts! :-) The reason people say it brings on labor is because it contains bromelain which softens the cervix but it takes a very large quantity. Everything in moderation :-)

AFM - My day hasn't been the best. I've been SOOO weepy! Like, crying at the drop of a hat and sick off and on and I had diarrhea this morning and really bad gas in my abdomen (I could feel like shifting in my stomach area!) and it was incredibly painful!! wow. I've had it for today! haha.. I can't wait for hubby to get home and cuddle with me!

urbangirl11

Reply by Britney » Feb. 2, 2012 8:12pm

knicole- I had the same gassy issue the other day, hurt so bad I was in tears! Ugh, hopefully that will get better soon!

Susy- I read that too when I was pregnant with my son, so there at the end I ate pineapple like crazy trying to make him come, but no such luck, he came when he was good and ready! I think its only fresh pineapple if Im thinking right, but that doesnt happen much these days either haha!

AFM-
I have my 2nd ultrasound this afternoon and I am so ready to see our little bean again! I am still having a little bit of the cramping and get really nauseated if I dont eat something the second I get hungry. Other than that Im doing great...aside from the pregnancy brain. I cant remember anything! I went to get more water yesterday from the water machine in our break room at work. Got in there and realized I had left my cup in my office, went back to my office to get the cup and needed to pee (again) so I set the cup down to go. Well got done and forgot where Id put the cup! WOW...thats gotta be an all time high amnesia streak for a 26 year old! hahaha

Hope everyone is doing great and growing sweet little babies who will all be here before we know it! I will update tomorrow after my U/S this afternoon!

And Angelwings, I am truly so so sorry for your loss. There are no words to take away your pain. Your in my prayers sweet heart

Britney

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 2, 2012 8:15pm

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 2, 2012 8:32pm

Sorry angel, I have one that didn't make it six weeks. :(

I had a very light light brownish spotting this morning, it lasted about 15 minutes, but nothing since. But of course I freaked out, called my obgyn since I spotted lightly for a week last time when I had the miscarriage. So my obgyn did a pelivic exam, found no blood and took my blood to determine my hcg levels. I will know the results tomorrow. It makes feel better that my obgyn feels nothing is wrong. So I will not try to worry.

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by urbangirl11 » Feb. 2, 2012 8:57pm

Angel - That's such a great idea.

I thought these were good suggestions...

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancyloss/a/remembering.htm

I will let you know if I think of anything.

Heather - Definitely keep positive! I know it's really scary but spotting is normal in the first trimester - I'm happy to hear that your OB thinks everything looks good! :-)

AFM - I just gotta vent real quick cause I know you ladies have been there with these dag nab reception ladies....

I called today to switch my appt from Wednesday to the week after - for the reasons I described in one of my earlier posts - so, the lady starts getting a little cocky with me about how I'm not "allowed" to change it and it's okay if my husband misses my appt cause I'll have "many" more - I was getting irritated by this point.. so I told her to go ask someone cause I want to change it. So, she goes and talks to someone and comes back and says "yeah, that's fine - it's your choice though and I'm going to put that in the notes so they know you asked for this" - I don't understand what the big deal is - I want to make sure we aren't disappointed again if I'm only gonna be 6 weeks along! I wanna hear a nice strong heart beat - what's wrong with that? Then, the only one she would give me was Friday, Feb 17th - 9am U/S 10:45am appt with Midwife - I just said okay and hung up. Who knows how hubby is gonna get off THAT early! ugh. She didn't even offer any other day or time! I even asked and she said that's all she would give me. I was so mad. I think I'm gonna call back and talk to another lady tomorrow and complain/figure out if I can get a later appt.

Are reception ladies usually like that? or is she just having a really bad day?!

urbangirl11

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 2, 2012 10:37pm

urbangirl- it sounds like she just had a bad day. I hope though I have not had the best luck with receptionists but thats really weird you can't change or reschedule an appt.!?! What if you had been working and couldn't get the day off??.. just as an example!.. like really thats going to "count against you!?" I would call back tomorrow and complain maybe even ask to speak to a triage nurse. idk but I would have been more than irritated!

Angelwings- thats a great idea... would be cool to make a memorial blanket of some kind.. or even plant five flowers in clay pots but the three flowers by themselves and two flowers in one pot and decorate the pots maybe with angels and dates on them? I don't know if I am much help. I know flowers don't last forever but you could always replant new flowers I guess and then keep them either in your house or in a yard or garden. A remembrance garden would be neat if you have the space and time too. Anyways that is really special you want to remember your babies. They will be waiting for you in heaven. :)

afm- I am glad i am not the only having painful gas issues. Its like the bm BEHIND the constipation is wanting to move but the contispation bm in front is not. Thats totally tmi but.. thats what it feels like. I have been drinking more water and taking metamucil for two days now.. still nothing once again. So frustrating!!

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by courtney12 » Feb. 2, 2012 10:52pm

Esperanza: I know exactly how you feel my dh works out of town he's gone 7 days and home 7. Its tough:(

Angelwings: I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you hun.

Sorry for lack of personals its been a really busy day and now I'm off to take DD to basketball practice.. ive been sooo tired and can't wait for bed time!! Lol

User Image

courtney12