Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 7

Replies (300)

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 2, 2012 11:00pm

angelwings - i'm so sorry to hear about your losses! it's devastating each and every time. i think having a day to remember your babies is a great idea. i second the garden if you have the space - having something grow to remember them by sounds wonderful. i've also heard and liked the idea of going for a while somewhere that's special to you guys and having a private moment to just say goodbye. whatever you decide to do, i hope it brings you some comfort. i'm sorry again.

pineapple - had no idea about this! now i'm nervous to eat more.

afm - had some *very* mild spotting last night, but it was a) bright red, and b) there again this morning. it seems to have stopped (fingers crossed!) but i went to the doc this morning. i think she saw how upset i was and let me schedule another ultrasound to check. i go in tomorrow at 1.
when i was there, she also mentioned the u/s tech said i was measuring 8w5d, which is a full week later than i thought based on charting/ovulation tests, and is about 3 or 4 days later than based on my LMP. i expressed my surprise and asked her whether i should be concerned or if there was some other reason why i'd be measuring so much later than i thought. she just said that even though dating at 8-10 weeks is less susceptible to family size/history than at 12 weeks, it's still possible that could influence their dating. since my fiance and i were big babies, i suppose that could be it. but i guess i should prepare myself for tomorrow if they say i'm measuring closer to 8w6d weeks instead of 9w6d (like i would be from the last u/s). i guess as long as i see a heart beat and there isn't any blood where it shouldn't be, i'll count that a good day.

elizabethwig

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 2, 2012 11:57pm

Elizabeth- I would have been uber concerned and upset too. My fingers are crossed though that its nothing major. I have faith its gonna be ok. Praying for you that you get to see nothing but amazing beautiful life on that u/s screen tomorrow!

Speaking of faith... and having it and keeping it.. My husband is in the army and in his unit he JUST got a phone call reporting to him that two of his guy's wives had miscarriages today. It scared the crappity out of me but I have to try to stay strong here and keep that faith but wow has the enemy made me waiver ALOT this pregnancy. He tries his hardest to bring on fear and doubt! I read that miscarriages often happen around times you would have expected your period .. 4 weeks, around 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks.. i know thats not true for all but bahhh... i hate miscarriages I wish we could all keep our babies , our miracles .. I hate how common they are. I hate never being able to relax and truly enjoy anything about early pregnancy! But then I have to remember that it was God that came to me and told me i would have a healthy baby. In exact words he gave me "a fetus without strife" i GOT to trust that and stop doubting and worrying! So far nothing has been a surprise through him. So how can I have such little faith!? ugh anyways on a more non serious note.. I finally was able to crap this afternoon!!! it was wonderful lol..

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by ttc*41 » Feb. 3, 2012 12:07am

Good luck to you all I wish you all safe pregnancies and births of beautiful strong babies. I won't be joining you I have a blighted ovum, so back to opts for me. So devastated but not shocked...maybe next time if I can bear another try...

ttc*41

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 3, 2012 4:04am

Today wasn't to bad after I was able to motivate myself to get up and moving, of course that was after 1pm! Still haven't achieved all that I wanted to get done, but I still have tomorrow I guess.
As for todays symptoms I've been really nauseous on and off all day(worst when my sugar gets low) I know this is prolly tmi but I haven't had a good poop in like a week! I think I'm getting a big one out but just end up disappointed lol Gassy and stomach cramps because of it. Definitely no energy today, or patience.Almost told my mom and step dad about baby but I stopped myself, sounds horrible but I was in a grumpy mood and my mom was getting on my nerves and knew it'd be worse if I told her in person. I think I'm just going to tell my immediate family and friends by sending them a picture of my u/s and telling them the due date. I just don't like to be put in the spot light, with my 1st pregnancy I let my big sister tell my mom.

Angel: I think thats a great idea! The hospital that I went to when I m/c sent me an invite about a year after it happened to a candle ceremony. I didn't get to go, but at the ceremony they would light candles and set out balloons for all the babies that never had a chance to live in this world with us. The counselor from the hospital also gave me a little memory box with a book in it where I could write down memories from the pregnancy and express myself about how I was dealing with the loss. I have my BFP in there and my hospital band and then I filled out what of the book I could. I keep it on a shelf and take it down at least once a month and look at the stuff and talk to my baby I never got to hold and tell him I love him/her and make sure I tell my son about his big brother/sister. Whatever you decide to do will be special, and your angels will know they were loved. Again I'm sorry for your loss.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 3, 2012 2:35pm

I like all of the ideas for angelwings :) One I had is rose bushes. They tend to grow well with minimal care (just cut them back in fall) and you can take cuttings with you if you have to move so you can regrow the bush (they also have mini ones from grocery stores usually that you could probably just uproot or place in a pot). I do like the flower pot idea too, since you actually get to make it.

afm - mostly the same old same old. Haven't been puking as much but still feel very nauseous most of the time. However I have been able to eat and drink more water, which is good cause I think I may either have a low-grade UTI or am on the cusp of one - I had a couple symptoms off and on, but no burning. If it gets worse over the weekend I will call my doc on Monday for a test.

I also need to burp a lot but the burp feels like I need to puke, so sometimes I can't manage it. Also been very exhausted, for a while it wasn't so bad but it's definitely back to bedtime at 9 pm now. And don't forget a glass of water beside the bed!

No personals today but you're all in my thoughts

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by urbangirl11 » Feb. 3, 2012 3:14pm

TTC - Oh hun, I'm so sorry. I'll be for you! Good luck dear!!!

Knicole - yes, definitely having a bad day! and me having one too cause I wasn't feeling well didn't help the situation. haha.. I called today and talked to someone else who was very patient with me and I got an appt that works great for them as well as my hubby and I :-)

Yes, ugh! Abdominal gas is so painful! haha.. I have all SORTS of GI problems the past couple days... constipated, then diarrhea, painful abdominal gas/cramps, ughhhhh.... not fun! I'm glad you were able to go though! haha.. great feeling!!

Holy cow. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling! I keep struggling with that - having faith but then that tugging feeling in the back of my mind of fear... I keep praying about it and I just have to have faith and believe in God's promises - I am free from miscarriage and free from complications and free from fear... somedays are definitely better than others. I've never been this far along so it's a scary thing - the unknown - but, through all this I've had a much closer communion with God. haha.. I talk to him about how I'm feeling all the time!

Elizabeth - keep us updated!! That's a scary thing but I'm sure everything is fine!! :-) At least you get to see your LO again! :-) That's exciting that you might be farther along! But, from what I understand the dates are all over the place until a little later cause really - it's so hard for them to tell!.. I am excited for my U/S on the 15th so I can see a more accurate dating and the HB! :-)

Coomy - your writing to angel made me cry!! That is such a beautiful thing - how you talk to them and tell your son about them. I'm sorry for your loss too. When I started TTC, I never knew how common a loss was... you never hear about that and when it happens - you think it's your fault or something is wrong with you. After my first loss - ugh, I didn't understand - I didn't know you really "could" lose one.

Leniana - Happy you are feeling better! :-) UGH! UTI's are NO FUN! I got one about a month after I got married - the Dr called it the "Honeymoon UTI" hahaha.. So, I just make sure to pee every time after we do our little BD and haven't had any problems since. I'm praying I don't get one during this pregnancy! Good luck! I hope you don't get one!! :-)

AFM - Still feeling queasy! Especially after I eat. Or if I drink water on an empty stomach. I'm not sleeping as much as I was but I still feel really tired throughout my day. Still have abdominal pains from gas but other than that - feeling good :-)

urbangirl11

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 3, 2012 5:14pm

This is probably going to be TMI, so stop now if you don't like poo...but really, other than a bunch of other pregger ladies I don't know who would appreciate this...

I was having some weird cramping this morning, I started to freak out, then I was like..hmm...bathroom maybe?

OMG...I need more bran/fiber. I almost passed out in the stall! I think I'm ready for childbirth now, that's all I'm sayin!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 3, 2012 5:52pm

ttc41- I am sorry hun! Like i said previously I wish we could all just carry our LO's to term without fear of miscarriages and I wish they were not so common! Thinking of you. If you need to take a mental break by all means do it! I know how taxing it can be trying and trying with no result but then also when you do get that bfp to add miscarriages to that it def has to be mentally very taxing and a break might do you some good for just a lil while and who knows what will happen in the meantime!?

Auburnmama- yes.. this was me not yesterday but the day before.. give birth to a poop! lol. I have been consuming more fruit/water and taking metumucil caplets about 4 a day. It works ok. I am at least able to crap every 3 days rather than once a week. Looks like we are not alone either ;) lots of us gassy constipated preggos right now.

Leniana- Glad your feeling some what better! I have been too sort of. lol. Wow girl 9 and a half weeks!! yay on your lil olive!! :) It feels like time is going by really slow this week. Ugh I am just waiting to get a UTI.. I have not been good about fluids. I try i really do but then i get that burping/puke sensation you were talking about.. i am just overall uncomfortable in my guts. lol what is sad is.. this uncomfortable I am sure is headed for worse as baby gets bigger in there.. ugh!

afm- After a week of morning sickness free-ness... sort of.. it hit hard last night. ugh. I was so sick last night for the first time in a week. I do get nauseous a lot but have not been sick like that in a lil while but.. at least its spanning out and not every other day like it started out as at week 4-6. Then week 6 it was every 3 days now at week 8 i am hoping its this once a week deal..but this is week 8 we are talking about! lol. On a extra personal note... I am feeling bad for dh.. we have not had sex in a while like a week and a half but after last time i am scared and i hate that! last time it felt like uncomfortable and then i spotted afterward for a few days and that freaked me out. The spotting was first pink and then turned brown, I know my cervix is like really sensitive and i think thats it but..ugh.. idk what to do. :( i keep having dreams that he leaves me because of the "lack of sex" lol.. stupid hormones.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 3, 2012 6:00pm

So I got the results from my blood work. My quantitative is 23,551, and progesterone is 20.5. This my first bloodwork since finding out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago. Based on my numbers the doctor said they look good and I have an ultrasound next friday to see how things are and my official due date...yay!!

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 3, 2012 6:11pm

Heather- Awesome news!! numbers looking great! excited for you u/s!

Just wanted to add on side note.. wow. I am EXTRA gassy today. haha.. ugh and feb 28th my next obgyn appt feels like forever away! boo..

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 3, 2012 6:20pm

nicole: I know how you feel in the bedroom dept. We did last week, mainly cause I felt bad. But I've been so sleepy/worn out and going to bed so early. I told DH I was so sorry the other day and he was nice, said he just wanted me to get all the rest I needed. :) Maybe I need to buy him a new videogame or something??

Heather that's awesome!!

My next appt is Feb. 24, we should be able to hear the heartbeat! Three weeks to go...argh!! At least we get to tell the parents tomorrow...his and mine. Can't wait to see my mom freak out!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 3, 2012 6:44pm

Okay, slight freakout....had some spotting and now mild cramps...I think...trying to get a hold of a Dr. My Dr. office closes early on Friday....grrr....

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 3, 2012 7:11pm

auburn, don't freak out yet...mild cramping and slight spotting is unfortunately commom during early pregnancy. I hope you will get hold of your doctor and he/she will re-assure that everything is fine.

I am ready t leave for my first ever pre-natal appointmnet with in-take nurse. I have very low expectations of this visit (it will be a lot of bla-bla-bla). But I am very, very excited about this visit because dh managed to leave earlier and he will at doctor's together; I haven't seen him for almost a week and boy I miss him...

heather, numbers look so great

p.s. Ladies, do you have some intuition/prediction of your baby gender? First I was thinking it's a boy, but now I don't think so. Dh is sure it is a little girl and he convinced me too. I start thinking/feeling that this baby is a girl (wish they would tell me today ha-ha it will not happen..just can't wait till 20 wks us)

esperanza

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 3, 2012 7:15pm

So glad my doctors office receptionists are friendly. Called today to see when I was supposed to come back in for my ob appointment because no one ever let me know when they wanted to see me next! I go February 23rd and will be about 9 1/2 weeks by then, 3 weeks just seems so far away but I know the time will fly.

ATM: I feel horrible, seriously if any one knows any home remedies for nausea pass it on to me I feel it from the time I wake up till I go to bed at night I try snacking and it doesn't work. Pepsi helps a little bit but I'm trying to cut down on caffeine. My stomach is so hard and upset I feel like all I can do is lay on the couch, think a good poop would help but so far just little teasers(I know tmi sorry lol) Saturday will be 1 week since I finished my last pack of cigarettes, I can proudly say I've only messed up a couple of times in this past week and bummed from a friend. I think thats part of the reason why I feel so bad is withdrawal and m/s just don't mix well together. I went from 1/2 pack a day to nothing, I'll give it some more time then I'll limit the pop to one small pepsi a day so I'm not quitting too many things at once and stressing my body out and in turn stressing out baby.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 3, 2012 7:35pm

Thans Esp, talked to the oncall nurse, she reassured me that it's probably okay. Just take it easy and drink lots of water, call back if it's a lot more blood/severe cramping. Suggested calling in Monday and getting my levels checked though.

Wondering if the bit of spotting could have anything to do with my umm...tough "bowel movement" this morning...there was a lot of pressure during that time..

Have fun at your appt! You never know, it might be exciting! Maybe they can sneak you in an u/s?

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 3, 2012 7:37pm

Thanks ladies! It makes me feel better!

I don't really know what I think we are having. We just hope everything goes good and baby is healthy! This will be our first and we will happy whatever the gender. We are not going to find out the gender, we feel it would be more special to know when the baby is born. :)

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 3, 2012 7:48pm

Angel, I love the idea about planting a nice tree or plant in the garden in memory of all your angels. Haven't got a clue if your climate is ok, but i'd suggest a Buddleja davidii, in Holland we call it a butterfly bush. Every summer all kinds of butterflies come to the bush, like all little angels...

ttc41, soo sorry honey! Good luck and take care!

Auburn, talk to your doctor, he's given me something to take every morning and it helps me poop... :)

Don't freak out just yet, hope you did get in touch with your doctor and everything is ok. It's quit normal to have some spotting during the pregnancy. you're in my thoughts and I just know it'll be ok!

Heather, in Holland we're not used to take this kind of blood work so I haven't got a clue if your numbers are ok, but judging on the other girls' reaction, they are great! And I am happy for you!

Esperanza, I had a dream even before I got a positive test that I was pg of a baby boy so I am sure it's gonna be a boy!

coomy, I don't think there is a cure for nausea. Other wise I'd need it too! I am at home for the past 2 weeks because of the nausea. I have medicine that helps a bit and eating regularly helps. But it's every time something else that helps. Apple juice at first but I can't stand that any more. It'll probably also be the quitting smoking. Good for you! And keep on going it;ll become less (the nausea)! Good luck honey!

AFM; just very nausea, yesterday was really a very bad day and today it's ok. Trying to get back on my feet, really want to start working again next week...

everyone have a great weekend!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 3, 2012 9:13pm

oh and ginger seems to help with the nausea!

susy00

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 4, 2012 12:04am

Ttc - I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss. Devastating is definitely the right word. I hope you take some time to yourself and hopefully soon you'll be ready to try again. It's taxing emotionally, for sure. Sorry again and I hope to see you back here in time

Nausea - I found gingerale helps. Also, I'm not sure if it's just a placebo or what, but preggie pop drops help me a lot. Got them at a maternity store.

Spotting - I think giant poops can for sure cause spotting. One thing to make sure too is that you're actually bleeding from the right spot - could be a hemroids. I think I might have a really small one because that happened to me a couple times in the beginning. I hope your doc can give you some reassurance soon!

Afm - everything is good! Went in for the u/s to check if everything is still ok after my spotting and it looks great! Dude was moving a bit and looked awesome - 2.4 cm now (up from 1.7 last thurs) and hb of 168! So so so relieved! Feel a bit silly like I overreacted, but it was so amazing to see the little guy again.

elizabethwig

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 4, 2012 2:03am

angelwings,ttc - so sorry, I have no words to express my condolences, elizabeth is right-it is devastating...

afm: It was very disturbing afternoon/evening.
Everything started great, I was very happy to see dh after his trip, he was happy to see me. Intake nurse was very boring and didn't bring anything new for us, no u/s :( , not even a goodie bag like they give to knicole, just a boring folder in a boring color with boring info...pee in a cup and blood sucking were the highlights of a visit. They even didnt want to check hcg, I had to request very seriously so they give up...
then a scary part - we hurried home to spend some two of us time before boys come back from school...and first everything was great but then...blood, brownish-red (sorry tmi)...I was (and still am) so scared, poor dh felt bad too...
I am laying down all the evening, but to my relief no bleeding, no spotting anymore...I decided not to call the doctor immediately, just rest and see ...so far so good it doesnt happen anymore

auburn, I am glad that nurse said nothing serious so far ... take care

for those who have annoying constipation - old-fashioned remedy prunes never fail, just be careful , eating too much can very easy cause severe diareah

elizabeth, wow..you little one is growing fast, such a great strong hb

wishing everyone and staying well on this Friday night

esperanza