Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 9

Replies (300)

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 7, 2012 2:56am

So I am spotting (very light light brown) with very mild cramps. I really hope things are ok, I don't have my ultrasound until friday. I really don't want to lose this baby again..it only lasted again for like 10 minutes both spotting and cramping.

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 7, 2012 2:39pm

Heather, I hope it's nothing! If it's brown it's old blood. Any boom-chicka-wowow time with you and your partner lately? Or, as I've learned, massive poos?

I'm sure your ultrasound will go great Friday!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 7, 2012 3:52pm

Heather, stay positive, whole bunch of us had some kind of spotting around 8th week. Mine was really scary, it was not just brown but red-ish brown and it was more than spotting...but after that scary evening everything looks very good so far...

I passed the 8th week benchmark and marching into 9th - Today my FIRST doctor's appointment! (though it seems like I've been pregnant 4ever)
I am counting the hours till 2:30 (sick and more in "pajamas" than working mood)

esperanza

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 7, 2012 5:34pm

Well Happy 7 weeks to me. I started it off with a bang...of vomiting! Only been nauseous for the past few weeks and then today I wake up feeling like poo and end up throwing up or I should say dry heaving since there was nothing in my stomach! Had stuff I wanted to do today but with how I feel I think it's safer for me on the couch.

On the crave list lately: Meats(hamburger one day, big juicy steak the next) and salty stuff(put soy sauce on my fried rice and salt on my cucumber) With that being said what is my body missing that it wants me to eat these things? I'm already a bit over weight and want to put baby weight on slowly and healthily, any ideas?

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 7, 2012 6:01pm

knicole - ugh, even on the days i don't feel "bad" i can't eat much, or at least not enough to make a difference it seems, just slow it. I have now lost almost ten pounds so I am hoping that this stops soon. I am not dehydrated enough that my skin sticks when I pinch (been watching for that) but my eyes are always dry and so are my lips/mouth. I also have a near constant mild headache which I don't know is from not enough fluids or just from being pregnant.

My mouth constantly tastes bad and I feel bad because I can't manage to brush my teeth most of the time and it's disgusting - if i do manage it I have to stay on the front teeth; if I hit the back of my mouth with the toothbrush I'm just going to vomit and it will be all for naught. It's really getting old. Once I accidentally swallowed just a tiny taste of toothpaste and it caused me to hurl. My gum was making me sick as well so I had to drop that.

I went and did my pee in the cup this morning to get checked for the UTI; hoping I will hear back from them about that today. I already have the antibiotics, I just hesitate to take them if I don't need them because I am worried I am going to sick them up.... this doesn't really make sense except in my pregnant brain, I know. Plus I'm supposed to take them "with food" and since I've barely been eating that is a big requirement!

Good luck esperanza! Do you get an u/s this time? or was this just the intake? Sorry i cannot remember if you already did your intake or not!

Heather - probably just what Auburn said - if it's old blood it was probably just coincidence that they appeared together.

Coomy - Meat craving is either iron or protein, and salt is probably just salt, which you may need more of because you are actually increasing your total body blood volume as the baby grows. The sodium is required to balance out the electrolyte levels in the new blood. You may also be flushing out some of your salt from drinking too much water (but that doesn't mean stop drinking hehe). you might also try eating a banana or something with increased potassium, I think that can sometimes cause salt cravings too.

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 7, 2012 7:46pm

Hey ladies I will add personals later as today is BAD.. for nausea and vomiting... I even get sick with water today. I ended up "hooching" some zofran and that helped.. I am able to sip on my tea but i dont think solids are going to work out today at all. I have felt nauseas since last night after dinner and its never gone away. Woke up in the night several times feel incredibly nauseous. Finally around 5 am I got up to pee and noticed how dark yellow my urine was so forced down some water.. but that made me feel SOOOO horrible. I was able to keep that glass of water down though some how.. i have no idea how though.. later in the morning that didn't work out so well... :( so I am miserable today. May not be around much here until I feel better. I am so over this.. I am going to have a figure of an anorexic soon. :/

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by damebacker » Feb. 7, 2012 9:08pm

Good Afternoon ladies!
Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello! I don't get to get on here as often as I'd like, but I try to read everyone's posts!

So sorry for the 2 ladies that had miscarriages. I had one last April and the heartache was unbearable. I'll continue to pray for your strength and send you my support.

Sounds like everyone else is doing fine, aside from some minor spotting issues that seem to have stopped. I'll spot VERY lightly every once in a while, but I try not to freak out about it because I know it's extremely normal.

So I went to the doctor yesterday and had another sonogram! I'm measuring right on track and the doc said my baby looked great! It still looked like a blob, but it was much bigger than last time! I posted a pic on my profile if you have time to check it out.

I have to admit that I'm envious of you ladies that are actually losing weight! Not because I want to be as sick as you, but my scale is going up and I'm not liking it! AGH! I know a lot of it is bloat because I'm gassy as all get out and can toot up a storm!!

I'm also showing and people can definitely tell I'm pregnant. I'm not super thin or anything, but my belly has definitely popped out! I'm just guessing it has to do with the fact that this is my 2nd and because I'm so bloated.

Anyways, sending get well wishes to all you ladies that keep getting sick! This time will pass by before we know it and we'll be enjoying our precious miracles!

Round 2 of Clomid successful!
Ready for baby #2 and a sibling for my 5 year old!

User Image

User Image

damebacker

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 7, 2012 9:29pm

Dame--I'm poochy too. I'm dressing in layers cause it's not a cute pregnant look yet, just a bloated kinda look. :(

Symptoms the same...sleepy VERY sleepy/tired, hungry, thirsty, dry eyes, etc. It does seem the acne issue is coming back...it comes and goes. Sigh.

Pooed today, but I did it in increments...a little at home, then later that morning at work. Seemed to help make it not so strenuous!

I'm so sorry for all you sick girls...but just remember, the skin/pinch method isn't a good way to detect dehydration, by that point it's too severe. Keep a track of your peeing, headaches, etc.

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 7, 2012 9:46pm

Yeah I had lack of urine output this morning and my urine was like orange! not good.. at all.
the ER here though takes at least 4 hrs to see you and get your IV started and the minimum stay at the ER the past 4 times i have gone has been 8 hrs..
so I have been forcing the fluids down. I cannot seem to do water at all but I have gotten down powerade and tea, my hubby dropped me off wonton soup. The broth was very clear and i drank all of the broth. So far so good. I am peeing more regularly here now too and its become a pale yellow. I think the "hooching" of the zofran helped out for me to be able to keep down the fluids. The weight loss would be totally welcomed if I was healthy! but i am so weak half the time and tired.. all my muscle mass is like.. gone and soft because i can't seem to do anything... i have been nearly bed ridden with this nausea hypermesis crap for a month!! I am trying to call my doctor now to see if there are any other anti nausea alternatives.... or something else to try anyways. *sigh* I am so ready for this to be over.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Heather1386 » Feb. 7, 2012 11:41pm

It really hard for me to keep positive girls, when it feels like I am going down the same path as last time with the mc. I really want a family. I have been crying off and on I don't know if I can do this again. I know I shouldn't think the worse but its really hard. This was the same way it started this last time and around the same number of weeks.

The spotting started yesterday afternoon-evening. My DH and I had sex early sunday morning, none since. I have been constipated before but never spotted after. Actually the last 2 days I have slight diarrhea (tmi sorry). My levels were high as of last friday but my levels were very high when the baby just stopped developing before, so that doesn't help me feel better.

I called my obgyn nurse and she said there is nothing they can do until friday for the ultrasound. I just pray its good news, I don't know if I can go through another lost and d&c

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 8, 2012 3:03am

Heather- I am sorry i really wish there was something I could say to ease your mind right now. I am praying for you and am hopeful for friday. If it is any consolation though .. during early week 5 i had INTENSE cramping like severe af like cramps and spotting. Though I went to the ER and all was well but I know how scary it is, I also have been spotting since saturday. light brown blood but on saturday after a large bm that was very hard the spotting was red.. scared me to death but once again went to the doc today everything once again fine.. Will just be here hoping that is not the case! Staying hopeful for you! hang in there..

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 8, 2012 3:04pm

/hugs Heather.. just don't give up hope yet hun! Try to relax until Friday and they do the ultrasound. If you can lay around try to do that!

As for the skin pinch thing - that is just my extra test. I do monitor my urine color and frequency, but I just want to make sure it doesn't get to that point - if it did I would get to the hospital. Right now I'm just trying to make sure I am sipping on stuff all the time. I still didn't hear back from the doc about my UTI test, but I did go ahead and start the antibiotics because I was having more of the pressure last night. Luckily they gave me capsules which are easy to swallow, and the first one this morning has stayed down! I took it with some milk and it was fine - worrying for nothing!

I did manage to eat a bit more than normal yesterday and I feel some better today.. I hope it stays for a couple more days. I already had some heartburn this morning but I can deal with that better than the nausea. Just a few more weeks, right guys!

The weight loss is annoying more than anything because I don't "fit" into anything better and I am definitely starting to look pregnant. I always have a gut but it's rounding out and the creases are starting to fill in. I think my hips have widened some as well because my underwear is feeling tight around them - they are the low cut style so they are under the belly, so I can't blame that! Looks like I'll be shopping for some maternity undies soon. On the plus side unless things radically change I won't need to get new bras - I filled in mine and the girls have gotten firmer but they haven't escaped yet!

Congrats on the u/s dame! Did you post any pics?

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by Britney » Feb. 8, 2012 3:59pm

Good morning everyone! Sorry I am having soo much trouble keeping up with everyone and getting on here to post myself. But I do read all the posts and keep up a little! =)
Hope everyone is doing great!
AFM:
I have my actual first OB appt today, I have seen the ultrasound tech twice and the medical assistant twice to take blood. But this is the first appointment with my Dr, who I absolutely love. She is my regular gyn...so we are pretty aquainted haha!
We went last week to get another scan, baby measured a few days ahead, so now my due date is Sept 16th instead of the 20th. Heard and seen the heartbeat and it was a strong 158! Grow baby grow!
I posted the pics from my 2 ultrasounds and that little thing is changing so much so fast. Love to get to experience it and have pictures along the way!
Hope everyone has a great day and sickness starts do go way down as we approach our second trimesters! How crazy, we are already that far? =)

Britney

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 8, 2012 4:15pm

heather, you are in my thoughts and for the sticky bean, with the u/s on Fr

knicole, the way how you are lsing weight is disturbing but we all know that our little ones are stronger than we think and they can pull out everything they need even if you are not in the best shape

leniana, congrats on being able to keep more food down

dameback, nice to hear that everything went well during u/s ...not everyone here losing weight, I can relate to you when it comes to adding pounds

I am seroiusly putting some on (more than it should be) but I don't worry about it - I had the same pattern with my other pregnancies with the good outcome (very smooth weight gain through all pregnancy/no sudden jumps/, no any stretch marks, losing baby weight very effectively afterwards) Somehow I just need to build a bigger base (hips, bbs) for precious cargo.
My nausea is different - I feel very sick (nauseaus, almost vomiting) if I don't eat for few hours. When I put some food down (not any food but what I crave for) then I feel better. Looks like this baby uses her own ways to control me in order to provide a sufficient supply of nutrients.

esperanza

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 8, 2012 4:51pm

Heather, keep your spirits up!! Our minds have a lot of power, so think positive!

I have found that Fiber One cereal in the morning is a big help in not only making my poo more regular, but less "strenuous"...so far.

Soooo sleepy. Do NOT want to get out of bed in the morning, or even get up from sitting or laying on the couch. Still doing at least 20-30 min of cardio a day though.

Still have the "wing and beer" night figure going on...but DH likes my "cute belly" as he calls it. He's so sweet. It ain't cute!! lol

Can't wait to hear about everyone's u/s's and dr. apptointments!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 8, 2012 5:20pm

Well today isn't much better, no vomiting...yet, had a few close calls though. I still feel so weak it took a 1/2 hr to get out of bed for the day. I have a nasty taste in my mouth and it just gets worse if I try to eat or drink. Thankfully I was able to eat a little bit when I woke up, only been able to drink a few sips of water(more than that makes me gag). My husband made me call in to work, told me I don't need to go if I'm lightheaded and was concerned if I was going to call the doctor or not. Last time I went to the bathroom my urine was a bit dark, may see how I feel when my husband gets home from work if it's not any better or I start throwing up again I may have him take me to the hospital .Between yesterday and today I've only been able to drink 16oz of water and I threw up at least half of that yesterday. Didn't have this problem with my son!

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 8, 2012 5:56pm

Coomy- aww hun hang in there this sounds a lot like me the last few days. I would def go to the ER if your still not able to keep down liquids.. have you tried anything besides water? I cant seem to do water often but I have been able to do ginger and lemon tea as well as powerade. Thats about all the fluids i got in me yesterday too..i even went to my doctor but he was not concerned at all.. even with a resting heart rate at 136 bpm. That was insane to me but he just sent me home. I am retrying water today. I tried it cold this time. i need to get some smoothie stuff too because sometimes cold or hot make it better. Also was told not to drink while eating and not to drink more than a cup at a time. i hope you feel better... but you better believe.. that.. i feel your pain!

Leniana- I had forgot i had wanted to relate to the whole teeth brushing thing. It has gotten rough. Sometimes all i can do is take the tooth brush with just water and brush at them.. but yeah my mouth tastes nasty and i used to be very good about dental hygiene but.. i totally understand!!

Auburnmama- so jealous you are ABLE to do cardio still for 20-30 mins a day! i feel so weak most the time i feel like ima pass out heh.. its no bueno.

Esperanza- most days except for yesterday, i am the same.. I can usually tolerate the food i crave for. :)

Britney- good luck at your appt today!! :D

AFM- I can tell that today is going to be a better day. So I am gonna take advantage of that and go to the grocery store and clean the kitchen up a bit. I am craving some of the most crazy things.. like pickles, avocados, tomatoes, and.. blueberry muffins!? heh.. not all together but.. i want to go to the store today to get stuff for a cucumber salad with tomatoes and avocados... still craving cheese big time. I want to make an avocado egg salad today... idk what it is with the freaking avocados!!! gahhh... and totally want blueberry muffins and .. smoothies. :D

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 8, 2012 7:13pm

knicole, your baby is so smart with this avocado craving; avocado is an amazing source of all nutrients and it has a lot of energy - I was told one avocado can sometimes substitute a meal

I forgot to share about my first doctor's appointmnet yesterday. It was great!!! It exceeded my expectations. The doctor liked me and I liked her a lot. She is everything what I want to see in my ob/gyn and we are on the same page...She changed my file, now I am in high-risk pregnacy with a cute explanation "Elderly" (this is exactly what the label said, but it means that now I will be getting more u/s on regular basis. The doctor told me that we'll keep an eye on my baby. Not only I am having more u/s but I will have u/s in a different place than most women, I will have to take a longer drive to the university hospital where they have super accurate, super new equipment. My next (and first) u/s is febr. 28. Also doctor prescribed me extra calcium, B complex, D vitamins, fish oil in addition to my prenatals. Now I am less stressful about upcoming labor (I have bad memories and I was so scaried of this part), she said she will be my side when we come to the finish line, and I trust her helping me to get through it.

esperanza

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 8, 2012 8:39pm

hi all,
Sorry i haven't been much on this thread but i am sooo tired and nausea the last couple of days, I just couldn't write a thing.

A couple of hours back I wanted to write to you all cause I wasn't nausea at-all and a bit afraid that it was the first sign of a m/c (I had a m/c last time at 8 weeks and 6 days), but 'luckily' for me, 2 hours later, I was vomiting again!

Esperanza, I am so happy for you that your first appointment was a success and you know, because of the 'elderly' term you'll be able to see your little worm more often!

nicole, coomy, my doctor tested my urine to be sure I wasn't dehydrated otherwise he would not have let me go home. perhaps your doctor can do a test with you just to make sure?

Auburn, 20-30 min cardio a day??? wow...! Really impressed, I am really proud of myself if I can work for 8 hours a day...

Britney, did your appointment go ok?

Heather, I am really hoping for you that your u/s on Friday will be great! good luck honey!

Sorry if I have forgotten anybody. I hope everything will be great!

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 8, 2012 11:25pm

Well crap.. I had planned to do a lot today. Thought I felt great but of course I fell asleep watching reruns of my recorded face off shows... and i slept for 2 hours!!! i woke up at 1:30pm .. and i was like yikes i need a shower. So I took a shower and while in the shower i felt instantly nauseous to where I needed to sit in the shower again.. dang it. I had put off my laundry i started.. i barely dried myself off and had to go lay down or else i was gonna puke or pass out. One of em.. so then .. my stomach was sort of growling so i ate something but feel a bit queasy and totally not good enough to clean the kitchen do the dishes or nothing. blahhh... so i am all back in bed... AGAIN. I am about to have a popsicle though.. sounds pretty good.

Esperanza- glad that you have an awesome ob/gyno! that really helps put your mind at ease. Mine sucks here but i am moving to colorado in late march. So I am hoping there will be a good one there. Are you still taking the progesterone cream???

Susy- thats what i am used to is them having me pee in a cup to check it for ketones which i tend to ALWAYS have. ughh... my ob.. really...sucks. Like I said before.. thank goodness i am moving out of state. Hopefully i can find someone better.

User Image
User Image

knicole27