Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

March 2013 Babies - Page 9

Replies (220)

Reply by mandyp71 » Nov. 1, 2012 10:59am

Hi ladies
It looks like we are going through some exciting times!

kayjaytay - I really hope your wee one allows you to see more this time! They certainly seem to develop their own minds pretty fast don't they!

Josie - my thoughts and positive vibes are coming to you thick and fast. Really hope all shows up ok on your next check and your wee bean is all fine and dandy.

flutters - are you going to spill the beans or keep us all in suspense?? I am dying to know how everyone is getting on with their 20 week scans, and earlier if you are not quite there yet.

sami - I totally hear what you're saying about having a hotdog rolling around. Our wee pirate seems to be so busy. I say make the most of those boobs while they're there. All too soon they'll be back to normal again :) Are you also going to tell us what you're having???

Candylee - don't panic about your low lying placenta - I had that with my second bub and by just over 20 weeks it had all straightened out. It is more common than we are led to believe I think. It does make you worry a bit though when they say things like that at scans.

AFM - we had our 20 week scan today and our wee pirate was showing off his gender straight away - yep, hubby is over the moon! We're having a wee boy - the only boy in all the grandchildren on hubby's side, so grandad on hubby's side will be stoked. Our wee guy was extremely active for the scan, doing 360 turns and rolling around, sucking his hand, swallowing and making sucking movements with his mouth and putting his feet in the weirdest positions! The doc says his measurements are spot on for 20.5 weeks and everything looks normal and healthy! She also said for me not to panic about my fluctuating weight (one week I can gain a kg then the next I might even drop a few hundred grams) - as long as I'm eating healthy food it doesn't matter and my body knows what it needs. She's so lovely and I do feel lucky to have such a kind doc when I'm having a baby in a foreign country.

That's all from us today ladies. Best of luck for all your scans and really looking forward to hearing what gender everyone else is expecting.

Take care and put your feet up all of you
Mandy

mandyp71

Reply by Lucky3 » Nov. 1, 2012 3:41pm

Such exciting and unnerving times we are all having right now! I can't wait to hear what everyone's having!

Josie - praying everything goes well for your next scan. I can't imagine having those good "we saw the baby and are excited" feelings mixed with "but now we have another concern" feelings. Hope everything is ok.

Flutters - Well???? Tell us the good news!

Sami/Irishbaby- How is setting up the new house going? I bet you've been so busy decorating and super-nesting!

CandyLee - totally feel you on the being tired and feeling heavy...I'm wondering how this is going to feel in 3 months! LOL!

Mandi - how exciting on your little pirate!

AFM lots going on. We sold our house after only 2 days (thanks for the luck! It worked!) and are in the process of getting our new one appraised etc so we can move. We are supposed to move later this month! OMG! We haven't even started packing yet, somehow, I must find some extra energy to do extra things. (Yeah right!) I feel baby movements now, but still don't know what I'm having. I'm 8 days away from my u/s and I cannot wait! The other night, DH and I had a dream on the same night that it was a girl, I think we were talking to each other sub-consciously! The day after the u/s is my birthday, so we're going to force ourselves to not look at the scan, and then make a big reveal the next day for our other two kids and family. I go back and forth with finding out with just my DH, and waiting for the photographer to show up the next day and capturing the moment....I'll try to be strong!!! It's only one more day!

Hope everyone is feeling comfortable, happy and healthy. I am so excited to hear what everyone is having! Even though in my mind, there's nothing left after that except waiting, waiting, waiting to hold our little bundles! Take care, everyone!

Jessica

Lucky3

Reply by flutters » Nov. 1, 2012 9:28pm

ok girls so i found out and it's a GIRL just what i was hoping for. i have a son a girl and i was hoping so bad for another princess. so im feeling very blessed!! and exited !!! and tomorrow going for all the us results but im thinking everything it's just fine.

flutters

Reply by nurse_jenn07 » Nov. 1, 2012 11:53pm

I am 28 and DH is 30. We are expecting #2 March 30th but will probably be induced mid March at 38 weeks. I have a wonderful 2 year old son who will be 2 1/2 when LO arrives. He is very excited about having a brother or sister! We go next Wednesday to have an anatomy scan and hopefully find out the gender. Hope everyone else's pregnancies are going well.

nurse_jenn07

Reply by irishbaby4 » Nov. 4, 2012 8:53am

I'M HAVING A BOY!!! I'm at work or I would post more. Everyting is gong very good and I am excited to be finally 1/2 way there!! Congratulations to everyone.

irishbaby4

Reply by flutters » Nov. 5, 2012 5:00pm

Congrats irishbaby! Is this your first baby?

flutters

Reply by sami1121 » Nov. 5, 2012 5:55pm

Happy Monday ladies!!

I hope everyone's weekend was great! Mine was phenomenal... I had my 20 wk appointment on Friday and we are officially having a GIRL!!! My husband was so excited he was crying... it was adorable! She is perfect and measuring exactly how she should. We even got a picture of her foot, and I must say it's the cutest foot I've ever seen (I'll post when I get home from work). ha! Plus my placenta is moving up, so I no longer have to worry about that. And I gained another 2 pounds, so my doctor was happy. :-)

How is everyone else doing?

Josie, how are you feeling? I can't imagine having that extra "what-if", but at least you did the 12 wk blood test so you have a little extra self insurance. Keep thinking positive thoughts about your little one! Kudos to you for being strong enough not to find out the sex! That's amazing! Go Team Green. :-)

kayjaytay, how did you appointment go? That's so exciting...can't wait to hear what team you'll be on. ;-)

Mandy- CONGRATULATIONS on the boy!! That's is so exciting. Plus it's adorable you call him your little pirate. My LO was super active too... it really is fun to watch them swim around. :-)

Jessica, Congrats on selling your house!! That's a huge stress relief... just take your time with packing, one room at a time. :-) We just moved last month and I think packing was the worst part. So 4 more days and you'll get to see your LO, that's so exciting! I can't wait to hear what team you'll be on. I have no patience so we found out right away, but it would really be cute to get your reaction in a photo... plus your other kiddos would probably love to find out with you. Stay strong. ;-)

Flutters, CONGRATULATIONS on the girl! Go Team PINK :-)

Welcome Nurse_Jenn07... I hope your wait goes fast and you get to see your little one.

IrishBaby, CONGRATULATIONS on your little boy! That's so exciting!!

AFM, we are slowly making our house a home... our new furniture comes in next week, so it will be nice to have all the rooms filled. :-) Then we just have to focus on the nursery, which I'm not going to lie I've been slacking on. I want to do it so bad, but we have to peel some wallpaper, which I hate doing. I'm half planning on just paying someone while my hubby is on his business trip this week. ha! Otherwise everything is going wonderfully... just over the moon about our little girl. :-)

-Sam

User Image

The hubby and I are looking for a !

sami1121

Reply by kayjaytay » Nov. 5, 2012 5:59pm

ITS A BOY!!!! :)

kayjaytay

Reply by magicmikki23 » Nov. 7, 2012 12:26pm

Hi everyone, my name is Mikki, I am 23 and this will be mt first baby - due on 31st March 2013 :) My and my partner wanted kids together and are delighted to have come this far as my pregnancy is medium risk at the moment.... I have my 20wk scan in 2days and we cant wait to find out if its a lil boy or girl in there. I have been feeling he/she moving and kicking a lot recently but everyday I seem to go through phases of just blind panic where I think that something is gonna go wrong/is wrong or that the baby isnt ok somehow....Paul says I am paranoid and I probably am coz when I went to the midwife, everything was perfectly normal....
other than that everything is great and I cant wait for next year :)

good luck to you all as well...

xXx

magicmikki23

Reply by BabyMumma » Nov. 9, 2012 12:10am

Hi all

Congrats to everyone who has found out what they are having!!!
Is anyone else in the march group 'team green' or am I the only one??

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and kind words about my upcoming US on Monday - I will let you know the results...

Mandy - so good to hear about your US, and that bubba pirate is happy and healthy.
Happy to hear that your dr is so good - what a relief you have someone supportive - especially as you are in a foriegn country!

Jess - congrats on selling your house! It must be a huge relief!
Can't wait to hear what you are having!

nursejenn - welcome! Can't wait to hear what you are having.

Sami - good luck with your house! Its such an important thing to have it feel 'homely'!
Good luck with de-wall papering! What a sucky job.

Mikki - welcome! Also can't wait to hear what you are having! I have to live vicariously through you all as we are not going to find out!

AFM - well as mentioned above I have my follow up US on Monday. Starting to get a little nervous, but trying to nemain positive!

Also, I've been having nasty 'episodes' of the past week where my heart starts racing, I feel faint/dizzy, feel hot (but with cold sweat) and it lasts for up to 45 mins even if I lie down.
After I had another episode at work yesterday (where I had to lie down in an empty office (on the floor!) lucky it only last 10 mins!) I went to see my Dr and she has referred me to see a cardiologist.
I'm starting to get really fed up with all the problems I am having this pregnancy. I wish I could just enjoy it, and not have so many things to worry about!

Some good news though - I met with my caseload midwifwe last week. She is so supportive and is VBAC friendly! I'm feeling much happier about my chances of having a natural birth with my midwife and doula on my side!

Josie xx

User Image

BabyMumma

Reply by Lucky3 » Nov. 10, 2012 12:48am

Hey everyone! I thought I'd pop in to say we had our anatomy scan today and well.... we're team pink!!! we are so excited!!! I'll be back later with pics of us finding out and such...oh and news with our house that we were () this close to buying....
Hope everyone is well!!!!

Lucky3

Reply by kayjaytay » Nov. 10, 2012 11:21am

Lucky3, Congrats on finding out that your lil one is a girl <3 you must be over the moon!!!!
I've found out that i'm having a lil boy, my 2nd son! Bub's father-(my partner) is overjoyed as its his first child :)

kayjaytay

Reply by nurse_jenn07 » Nov. 10, 2012 1:00pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We had our anatomy scan on Wednesday and found out we are team BLUE. Another wonderful son for us, my husband is super excited as am I! I guess I am going to be out numbered in this house since this will likely be our last baby.

Sorry I can't respond to each of you individually but glad to hear everyone is doing well! Congratulation to all who have found out the gender and I commend those who have the patience to wait! I was so excited and had a hard time waiting until the 20 weeks scan!

nurse_jenn07

Reply by mandyp71 » Nov. 11, 2012 12:25am

Just a quick update this time ladies,

Congrats to everyone who has found out what they're having - we have a good mix of blues and pinks :)

Kudos to those who are waiting to find out. We only found out as we are having to cater for our wee pirate away from home and can't be doing with buying extra bits we may not need etc. In saying that we have told my father-in-law that he is getting his long awaited grandson, after 4 granddaughters and he is over the moon :)

All was so good at my last check-up I didn't even see my doc, except in passing through the medical centre ... They have finally accepted that I am carrying a NZ bred baby and not a Bruneian one and have stopped hassling about my weight gain. I am at the top, or slightly above the line for expected gain, but am healthy and not excessive so am going to let my wee guy get what he needs. Healthy diet and gentle exercise included :)

Headaches are haunting me this week. Could be a combo of work pressure and heat with humidity but am drinking 4 litres a day and still got em. Treated myself to a lush facial yesterday and have another booked for 2 weeks time. Got a great deal - 1 facial for $120 or 3 facials for $150! Guess which I chose ....
Keep smiling ladies. I'm going to go close my eyes and rest my head.

Mandy

mandyp71

Reply by veebles » Nov. 14, 2012 10:00pm

hi everyone,

congratulatins to everyone on their blue and pinks, me I'm with babymumma and we are team green, having three boys already we just wanted to even up the number and would be delighted either way. so tempted tho but resisted.

AFM been taking things a little easier as i tire really quickly, just walking upstairs has n
me out of breath!!
my brother and his wifes baby was born yesterday, a perfect little girl omg she is sooooooo cute.

this week i can actually see my bump move when baby kicks which happens to be when i go to bed at night, i hope thats not a sign of things to come.

Take care lovely ladies

yvonne
xx

User Image

veebles

Reply by sami1121 » Nov. 20, 2012 6:09pm

Hey ladies!

Sorry I can' t respond to everyone because work is crazy, but I had to ask... has anyone else done a childbirth preparation class? My husband and I have our first class (in a 4 wk series) tonight and I can't help but wonder if we are going to this a little bit early.

Anyone else?

Also we finalized our baby girls name last night... Charlotte Darlene! I'm so excited to call her by a name, instead of just LO or baby girl. :-) We've been pretty solid on that name for a while, but last night we finally agreed that would be her name. :-)

Ok, hope all your days are wonderful and I'll be on later with details. :-)

-Sam

sami1121

Reply by LavandaarGuitar » Nov. 23, 2012 4:25pm

Hi everyone -

I'm 25 weeks today! Wahoo!

So far, so good on this pregnancy. We are due Mar. 7

Anyone else having issues with their sinuses? My OB said I have pregnancy sinusitis. Either I'm stuffy, my sinuses are burning, or I'm fighting a sinus headache. Either way the treatment is the same: deal with it, take Tylenol, or take Tylenol and Sudafed. *sigh* I'm trying to avoid taking anything if at all possible. I've learned to drink water like crazy at the first sign of a headache. I'm convinced all this pregnancy swelling (whether sinuses or legs or fingers or anywhere else) is a sign of us needing more water. Like.. huge amounts of water.

So far I haven't had any other swelling in my body - just the sinuses.

Baby is kicking lots these days. I'm definitely aware of his sleep patterns. He moves around a lot from 5pm-11pm and then sleeps once I go to sleep. I'm hoping he keeps it up!

For sleeping, my husband bought me a Snoogle pillow which I LOVE and also a belly wedge. So I run the Snoogle under my head, down my back, and then between my knees and put the belly wedge right under my belly. It's definitely helping me to sleep much longer and often through the whole night. I tried one night without my special pillows and was miserable.

Still taking B6 with Unisom for nausea. I tried skipping it for a couple days and found myself still sick. It's a miracle combo my OB gave me. I highly recommend it! Only at night though.

Just a few more weeks til the 3rd trimester. Yay!

LavandaarGuitar

Reply by mandyp71 » Dec. 2, 2012 1:19am

Hello all you lovelies!
Well, 25 weeks and 1 day for me. Feels like a whole All Black team in my belly most days now! Love feeling our wee pirate doing his thing though. Have to see doc on wed and she will book my GTT for sometime in the next couple of weeks.
No such thing as antenatal classes here which is kind of a bummer. It's been a while and a refresher would have been nice. O well there's always internet :D
My weight gain has me a bit worried though. Seems no matter how much I eat healthy and smaller portions, and try to exercise I still stay over what I should be. My doc says as long as I am eating healthy not to worry, but she doesn't have for lose it afterwards! To date I have gained almost 9kg!
Hope you are all well and all recent appointments have been super smooth. Would love to hear if anyone has any names picked yet. We are going to go for something simple I think =)
Take care everyone
Mandy

mandyp71

Reply by CandyLee » Dec. 3, 2012 9:10am

Hi Mommies , 27 weeks and 5 days, finally in my last trimester . I have a tiny bump for 7 months I think but i feel as if im carrying a ton, I have no idea how these next 2 months are going to carry out, have not yet found out what we are having, i just want to know but i havent had the time to find out, but my next appointment is this coming Monday so I am deffinetly finding out, Hoping for team Pink but hubby and I will be so pleased whether its a girl or boy, just cant wait to hold this lil joy in my hands, oh my i am so excited, I love this lil peanut already! . I know all of you are as in love with your lil one as I am .

We almost there mommies...

CandyLee

Reply by flutters » Dec. 3, 2012 5:17pm

well hello mommies just here to see how everyone is doing? today i hit the 25 weeks and can't wait anymore to have my babygirl with us. overall im feeling very tired and i have gained a lot of weight from 115 to 135 and feeling baby move all the time which i love. we don't have a name for our girl yet its so complicated for us, we have two names let me know which one you like best DANICA or DAPHNE. i like very uncommon names. ok girls hope everything is goiing great for all of you.

flutters