Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 9

Replies (282)

Reply by emk2617 » Sep. 1, 2012 11:18pm

Hi everyone. I know I'm a little late in these conversations, and congrats to everyone who has had there little one already, but my name is Ericka, and I'm pregnant with my first little one, a little boy, due September 18th and would love to talk to everyone about how their pregnancies are going as well.

emk2617

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 3, 2012 1:31pm

Just wanted to wish Auburn and Leniana good luck and let you know I'll be praying for healthy babies and mommies with smooth labors and deliveries! Hoping the next time I log on, I hear there's been at least one baby born! Thinking about you!

Emk -- Welcome! It's a great little group. Congrats on your little boy. Won't be long!

AFM -- I lost my mucus plug this morning, so I'm hoping things get moving here pretty soon. Maybe this upcoming weekend. My maternity leave begins Sept. 11. Kind of wishing now that I would have set it for tomorrow :( But we are launching a new software, and I don't want to stiff my coworkers by having them do their work plus mine on launch week. But the way I'm dilated, it would be nice to have a week or so to get last minute things in order. We'll see!

flowermommy81

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 3, 2012 2:43pm

Auburn - Thinking of you...tomorrow is your big day!! So exciting. Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby!

Leniana - You are 40 weeks today!!! Wow...just amazing. I figure we will be hearing about your bundle of joy soon too :)

Jambolina - Sounds like you might be on your way soon as well!! I am so excited about this. I am probably going to be the LAST one to go since I'm not due until Sept. 29 but I am glad to be able to hear everyone's experiences and take it all in before I have my first baby! YIKES...getting nervous! haha

AFM - Hubby has gone golfing with is boys. I had plans yesterday with a friend I have known since grade 4. Her and I had a falling out years ago but we reconnected on facebook recently and she made plans with me to go see her at her cottage yesterday which happens to be only 15 min from where I live (our homes are about 1.5hrs apart). So I was to meet her there for 3pm. Hubby and I got all ready to go, I made a salad up. I didn't have the address so at 11am I messaged her and asked for it as she had asked me the night before if I needed it (at 10pm, I was headed to bed so didn't get it til the next day). Anyhow, she never responded with the address. It was 3pm (the time we were already supposed to BE there) and still no word. Finally at 3pm she calls me and tells me she has friends over and they want to go to the beach for an hour or so. So I was polite and said "oh ok, no problem, call me when you're back", but DH and I thought that wasn't very nice of her! We planned our day around heading over there for 3pm. Anyways, by 5pm I still hadn't heard back and I was annoyed, so I told her we weren't coming anymore, made up an excuse. But boy did I feel bad about it all. I was surprised at her really...this wasn't the friend I thought I knew or had years ago. That is not something I would even consider doing to guests I invited over, let alone a friend I hadn't seen in YEARS. So we stayed home and hubby got to drink beers while I sat around doing my usual...nothing! *sigh*. Anyhow, just wanted to vent that out because I found that whole situation to be so brutal! Now I have a huge salad here that won't get eaten...

Mrs.Mom

Reply by damebacker » Sep. 3, 2012 5:28pm

Hey ladies! It's so exciting now that we're in the final stretch! I've been checking to see if anyone's had their babies yet! I'm starting to get so impatient! I'm almost 39 weeks and had my son by this point in my last pregnancy! I guess Colton is way too comfy in his womb to make an early appearance! If it doesn't happen on it's own, I'm scheduled for my c-section on Friday the 7th! I can't hardly wait!!!! I have to admit that I've been trying things to get this labor started, but none have worked yet. Any suggestions?? I'll do just about anything but castor oil! Ha!!

Well best of luck to you ladies that are at the finish line!!

Round 2 of Clomid successful!
Ready for baby #2 and a sibling for my 5 year old!

User Image

User Image

damebacker

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 3, 2012 9:29pm

Jam, you sound close!!! You know since you have something to do at work, your LO is going to show up!!! Lol

Leniana- haven't seen you on here, did you beat me to the punch??

AFM- I'm in my room...waiting on the doc to come and give me my softening meds. Critter does not like the monitor on My belly..he keeps kicking at it! So the journey begins! One of my DHs coworkers had their baby last night, and since he's a medic, he knows people up here and we've already had a visitor.

Will keep posted as I can. Good luck all!! There's no turning back now!!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by tallesss » Sep. 3, 2012 10:21pm

Oh my, there'll be a lot of popping around this forum soon.
Ladies i'm praying for us all.

My 24hr urine test went well, my protein level is on the high end of good.

I'm here strategizing on kick starting labour.

I have castor oil as the last resort. Sex and a pedicure are my first options, but i'll have to time those well

Today i washed bottles and my pump tubes, got out the car seat and bases and started moving things to the basement.

She'll be here soon and I can't wait to meet her. I hope the temps drop soon too, i'm tired of the heat.

Come on Sept babies, your mommies are waiting with hugs and kisses.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 3, 2012 10:37pm

Hi ladies.. nope I am still hanging in here... No labor for me yet :( Wyatt must be way too comfy. looks like auburn is gonna be next! :) I have just been relaxing a lot and napping as much as I can.. been super tired and had a touch of sore throat- so trying to stave off any sickness. Nothing much to do but try and enjoy these last few days as much as possible! I'm glad everyone is doing well, I'll try to do some personals tomorrow!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 4, 2012 1:21am

Auburn -- I'm so excited for you!!!! Best of luck, and you're in my prayers!!!!

Leniana -- I've heard that cold-like symptoms are a sign of early labor. Not sure if it's true. But my friend who just had her baby experienced it in the day or two before labor!!!

flowermommy81

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 4, 2012 2:19am

Going to try to get some sleep...they're holding off on my second dose, I'm contracting pretty good...starting the pit about 4-5a.m.

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 4, 2012 4:15am

Good luck AuburnMama - I'm so excited for you:)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by tyesmommy115 » Sep. 4, 2012 9:40am

Hi. Ladies just a quick update , after 2 hours of actual labor but all day back pain I am happy to announce ALYSSA is born weighing 6lbs 5oz born Sept 4th at 2:20am! I pushed for 4 mins woohoo! :) good luck girls :):) as you are all are getting so close

tyesmommy115

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 4, 2012 11:31am

tyes!!! SO happy for you!!! Pushed for 4min!! Like, how amazing is that??! What a great start to my day

Glad to hear it went so well and cannot wait to see the pictures!!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 4, 2012 11:31am

Auburn - thinking of you lady....can't wait for the next birth announcement!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by flowermommy81 » Sep. 4, 2012 11:41am

Tye -- Wow! Two hours of labor and pushing for 4 minutes?! How great is that! Glad everything went well. Can't wait for pics! I like the name...wink, wink. We too are naming our baby girl Alyssa...Alyssa Rose. So happy for you!

Auburn -- Hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you as well today!!!

flowermommy81

Reply by Leniana » Sep. 4, 2012 1:18pm

Wow surprise swoop in by tye! Congrats girl! Two hours is awesome, and you were almost right on your due date too ! I can't wait to see the pics :)

Hoping Auburn is also busy right now with her new little one:)

AFM - I didn't know cold symptoms could be a sign, if so I'll take them Had a few contractions and something that felt like ligament pain on the side on my abdomen wake me up last night but still nothing regular. I did wake up a lot more than usual last night so just gonna cross my fingers!

talless - congrats on passing the pee testing, that has to be stressful.

dame - all the stuff I have tried hasn't worked, so no idea! If you don't want to do castor oil cause it's harsh, is there any other food that doesn't totally agree with you (ie makes you go LOL)? would do the same thing, which is why people say spicy foods can help jump start you.

jambolina - well if she comes early it won't matter much, you'll get your maternity leave hehe. The way I see it, they've known this was coming for a while, they didn't plan very well if your leaving is a surprise hehe. I know you feel responsible though, it's a tough thing.

I feel a bit bad for my boss, turns out she isn't going to get to hire a replacement for me (who would have stay on as a third after), she is just getting some people from the other lab part time to kind of "fill in." I only got them part trained before I left as well, so she's going to have to fill them in on the rest of the stuff I couldn't get to. Not to mention, we were already short staffed before, we had three people last December, we've had two all this year so things have been backed up. The head of the lab is a real tool; we wanted to hire someone months ago - now we've lost the headcount.

Welcome Emk! Feel free to chime in any time :)

beckster - congrats on 37 weeks! It is so nice to be at that "full term" mark, you know you are in the home stretch! Maybe you should have your MW check you for anemia and thyroid? I know I was feeling super exhausted for a while around that time and they did some bloods and I was low on both... been taking iron supplements and synthroid and while I am still tired it's much more manageable.

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 4, 2012 1:44pm

Congrats TyesMommy on your new arrival!!!!

You're so close Leniana!!!!!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Coomy08 » Sep. 4, 2012 3:57pm

wow missed a lot since my last check in...

Ended up in l&d last night for lower back pains that wouldn't stop(started friday and by sunday night they became constant), just kept getting worse and had a lot of menstrual cramping with them... after 4-5 hrs there I came in at fingertip dilated and left at a 1, left with some random contractions happening as well. They gave me some iv fluids(I wasn't dehydrated) and a shot of breathamean (something like that) to try and steady my irritable uterus. Said they could feel baby's head and that he was low(I could have told them that) I'm supposed to take it easy today and on pelvic rest till I see my doc Friday. I progressed really slow with my son(was only dilated to a 2 or 3 after almost 12 hrs of labor) so hopefully I'll go faster this time around, I wouldn't mind meeting baby boy before the c-section( 2 weeks and 1 day away). Really sore from all the checks, still have some back pain, no appetite, and just feel exhausted.
Oh and maternity leave officially starts today, was supposed to work till Thrusday but my boss and I agreed that after yesterdays adventure it's better for my well being to take off earlier than planned.

Fingers crossed this kid will come by the end of the week! Supposed to go for my last u/s tomorrow morning, but kinda hoping my water just breaks sometime today lol.

Tye- congrats on your baby girl!

dame- walking and doing household chores?

Auburn- good luck today and if Andon is already here then congrats to you and your husband :)

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

Coomy08

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 4, 2012 4:37pm

Wow Coomy....sounds like we have another one on the way! You are officially "full term" so that's great! I think it's a good decision to start your mat leave now...as you say with all that is going on. Ugh I SO wish for an early delivery too! After 37 weeks that is! I'll be thinkin about ya...keep us posted!

dame - Just read about myths and truths of what helps labour come along. Nipple stimulation one was of the "truths"!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 4, 2012 7:42pm

Awwww yay babies are starting to arrive!

Tyesmommy- congrats mama! Your labor and delivery sounds like a dream!

Leniana- sounds like Wyatt is comfy in there but at the same time that's good. Means a nice strong health boy!

Auburnmama- good luck lady!! Can't wait to hear the news! And see pics!

Coomy- sounds like it will be soon for you too! Fx!

Afm- sorry if I missed anyone but can't wait to hear about the labor and delivery stories and see those precious photos! I cannot believe we are already here to that moment of meeting our lil ones! Feels like yesterday we were complaining of first trimester morning sickness and fatigue. Crazy how time flies before we know it our babies will be walking and talking and we will be like "where did my lil baby go." lol speaking of time flying, liam is a month old today and has been home now for a week.. It's been harder for me to come on here to reply to everyone but I do read the comments etc. liam keeps me very busy! And sadly my husband had to leave back for Korea this morning :( so its just me the dogs and my lil man. It feels pretty lonely but I will be honest he does keep me so busy that I'm always attending to him or sleeping when he is so not too much time to be sad but ...the house does feel pretty empty and depressing without him here to help me and he proved to be such an excellent and helpful father and it was sooo hard to watch him say "see ya later" to his son this morning. :/. Thinking of you ladies and babies! Anxiously awaiting all the arrivals!

knicole27

Reply by gppacen » Sep. 5, 2012 11:56am

Hang in there Coomy!!!

That must be so hard to see you hubby go knicole... I hope your are feeling well and that you are getting enough rest between taking care of your little one and your dogs.

Geez - I'll be rounding up the group with my due date being at the end of the month. DH has started asking me when the baby will be coming - he can't wait either;)

Have a good day ladies!

User Image

gppacen