Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

*August 2012 Babies* <3 - Page 24

Replies (492)

Reply by leeannarichards » Jun. 16, 2012 2:25pm

I've just been on the phone to the midwife as I'm now getting stabbing pains and I am really sore.

She has talked to my consultant at the hospital and he has brought my C-section date forward to 3 July, as he feels that they are more than ready to come.

i have to go in on Monday 2 July, so I can be closely monitored 24 hours before.

I am in a bit of shock, but really pleased that they are almost here.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

leeannarichards

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Jun. 19, 2012 10:41pm

Hi everyone! I know it's been forever since I've been on here. So much has happened that I almost never get online anymore!
Just wanted to let you all know, We're having a boy over here. His name is Samuel Louis. Last ultrasound (a whole month ago, almost) read him as being about 3lbs 14oz.
o.o if it's true that babies gain about 1/2 lb a week, then he must be close to 5 lbs right now, which means he's already close to the same size as his cousin who was born on June 14th, weighing in at a mere 5lbs 4.8 oz.

I was only 5 9 when I was born, so this is a touch odd for me to think my baby will be around 7-8 lbs.

0.0 wow. big baby.

So we're both doing well, and I uploaded his most recent ultrasound... baby showers start on the 30th, and then hopefully I'll not go insane before my due date.
much love!

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by curl_gurl » Jun. 20, 2012 2:42pm

Hey ladies, I hope all is well. I don't have much to add. I still haven't sorted through all the baby shower gifts yet, its so much stuff. I need to work on my pregnancy journal I'm a trimester behind....smh. DH and I took our maternity pics this past weekend I can't wait to see how they turned out.My work shower is next week.I still have being working out, doing cardio and lifting weights at the gym so I feel great right now.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by beckyhd86 » Jun. 22, 2012 2:48pm

Hey all

Sorry I've not been on here much over the past few weeks, but I've just been really busy going back and forth to the hospital to be with Hollie and also spend time with my 2 boys.

The good news is she is able to come home on Monday. We had a bit of a scare a couple of weeks ago with her breathing, but she is fine now and bottle feeding really well.

I hope everyone else is doing OK. I'll look through the posts on here when I have a bit more time.

Becky

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

beckyhd86

Reply by prinny307 » Jun. 23, 2012 11:53pm

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well during the home stretch! We just went to our Lamaze class, which was a really great experience. We're considering having a doula and debating about natural childbirth vs epidural. Anyone out there have a natural delivery or an epidural that can speak about it? Feel free to email me privately, but I'd love to hear about how it went.

prinny307

Reply by CrwHnw0909 » Jun. 25, 2012 2:12am

Well hello Ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I've made it to 32 weeks! Baby girls fluid is back to normal. I'm swollen a lot. next week starts my weekly visits! I've started NST's twice a week and so far my little twinkies have cooperated. I had a few contractions on Friday and got sent home. Babies are still quite active. Baby girl is still breach. Trying to stay optimistic about her turning. Been swimming a lot to try and beat the heat. Saturday is my Baby shower so we're just trying to do last minute preparations.

CrwHnw0909

Reply by woozlemyfoozle » Jun. 26, 2012 7:54pm

Hey all. Im still here just been mia. About a month and half ago i had fluid leakin out of me and doctor tested it and come back as i was positive for high risk to go into early labor at anytime so he put me on bedrest, then I got put in the hospital about 1 month ago due to early contractions. Im already 2 cm dialated. still got a whole month to go lol. I didnt really feel any pain from the contractions just felt the tightness when i would get them... Since then the doc has made me come in every week. Just yesterday i went and was complaing about my left rib cage hurting like hell, it hurts to walk, bend over or sit up for short period of time, come to find out Brianna has possibly dislocated a few of my ribs and theres nothing that can be done til she gets here... I have talked to my doctor about inducing me july 30th, so thats the plan unless she decides to come sooner. Had my baby shower this past weekend and well it was hard trying to give everyone equal attention... Hope all is doing well.

User Image
User Image

woozlemyfoozle

Reply by sageviolet » Jun. 27, 2012 1:03pm

Hello, I'm still here, too. I've had a really good pregnancy, but now it's starting to get uncomfortable. Between the big belly, kicks, my runny nose, and heartburn, I have trouble sleeping at night. My back has been hurting on one side about halfway up. I haven't felt any kicks in the ribs. Most seem to be around my belly button (can it possibly go out any farther?!) which is a tender area.

I feel like we're prepared for a newborn. And my Wrap N Snap nursing bra and pads came yesterday. All that's left is getting supplies together for the birth. We're planning a homebirth. I went ahead and put the piddle pad from the crib on our matress just incase my water breaks there (happened to my mom), but I'll be using the spare bed for the actual birth, so we're got to get plastic for that and the other things the midwife listed.

Congrats to the mamas and babies already breathing, and for the rest of us, let's hang in there a few more weeks!

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Jul. 2, 2012 3:32pm

Hi Ladies - Hoping everyone is doing welll and feeling good! I am just about 36 weeks now.... all of a sudden Aug 1st is coming very quickly!! And I am so excited, even though i have a ton of stuff I'd still like to get done. Our nursery STILL isn't finished, but we're getting there, and of course, I want to make sure everything is in place at work before I leave, but that's getting there too. I've started a new discussion forum for any ladies that are interested in obsessing over possible signs of labor with me, and to just talk about the ups and downs of these final weeks of pregnancy! It's pretty much all I can think about these days... kind of reminds me of being back at the 2WW. New discussion forum topic is "Countdown is on - July/Aug Babies."

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » Jul. 3, 2012 4:15pm

Hey NewBeginnings, we all are such much closer to our due dates as you mentioned. I will be 33 weeks on thrusday. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't stop thinking about my due date, it does feel like the 2ww. How long are you taking off from work? I plan to take off a year and half, would like to start working on my own business from home or doing some type of virtual work.

I hope that I have my baby girl at 37 weeks b/c I so can't wait to meet her. I plan to start drinking raspberry leaf tea this week to help strengthen my uterus and lessen the bleeding after delivery and to help my uterus shrink back to size.I guess i will head over to the new forum.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Jul. 3, 2012 5:39pm

Curl_Gurl - So great that you can take so much time off! I would love to be able to take a year off, but it's just not in the cards for me. I'm taking 3 months off - sort of. I have 4 weeks of vacation time that I can use up, and after that I'll start working part time from home for the remaining 8 weeks... not ideal, but I know there are others that don't have that option to even work from home, so I'll take it.

But I'm in the same boat, I'd ideally love to be able have a job that could be primarily remote where I could work from home, or start my own biz, so we'll see down the road.

I have heard a couple of people mention raspberry leaf tea - I thought it was just to induce labor, but didn't realize it had benefits post delivery. I'm not a fan of tea, but I think I may just suck it up and start drinking it! :)

Look forward to chatting with you more as we near the end of our pregnancies!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by sageviolet » Jul. 4, 2012 1:27pm

I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea! Actually I make an infusion with that, nettle, and a couple of mint leaves for flavor. I keep it in the fridge and drink it cold. It's supposed to help tone the uterus, as described in Susan Weed's book "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year". It doesn't cause contractions, just helps the uterus function better.

Did you see the recent article on the ABC News site about the study that most babies born before 39 weeks have later problems with reading and math? It was really stirring up the forums on BabyCenter. Apparently a baby at 37 weeks has a brain 2/3rds the size of one at 40 weeks, which makes a big difference even if it is considered full term. I hope our little one stays in there until everything is ready!

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by curl_gurl » Jul. 5, 2012 2:39pm

oh wowww I had not heard that about babies born at 37 weeks, i just figured since I would be full term at 37 weeks that it would be okay to have her since I'm considered full term, I guess I will have to do some more research. I just pray that she is delivered when its her time and God only knows when that is.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by prinny307 » Jul. 6, 2012 11:52pm

Sage- great idea about the pad! I will probably get a towel out soon. :) I didn't even think about water breaking on the bed.

Who had dislocated ribs?? I read that with absolute horror. I hope you are doing well and your little bruiser is finding someplace else to kick.

I'm 35 weeks and I think I may have lightening going on right now. kicks are a lot lower, more pelvic pressure. I understand that can happen maybe even 4 weeks before baby delivers for a first pregnancy, and as late as the start of labor for a repeat mom. Still a little exciting! Lots of braxton hicks too.

We are trying to finish last-minute things on the to-do list: making a will with guardians named, packing a hospital bag (would LOVE suggestions please!), getting nursing bras/shirts, etc. Goodness it is a never-ending list..

I wish you all well in the final stretch! It definitely feels like the TWW!

prinny307

Reply by prinny307 » Jul. 6, 2012 11:55pm

Also, one of my cats has started following me everywhere. He gets up with me in the middle of the night (sometimes 4-5 times in a night, stupid heartburn..), he eats with me if I wake up to eat, he lays next to me any time I'm laying down, which is often in this heat.

How are you all managing in the heat? I used to be frustrated when women would say "you're due in the summer? Oh how awful!" I try to think of something positive like "birthday parties will be a blast at a pool!" and "I get to end the pregnancy when fruits and veggies are the freshest!" :)

prinny307

Reply by CrwHnw0909 » Jul. 16, 2012 6:17am

Hello ladies! I'm still pregnant lol. I'm so ready to meet my twinkies. I have a scheduled c-section for the 3rd at noon! I'm so excited. They seem to bee nice and snug in there. Baby girl is breach and lil man is vertex but he looks so uncomfortable. My friend did a MRI and he is bent in half with one arm between his legs the other at his forehead. She is sitting indian style on my bladder. Heartburn has come on full force and I don't know if I'm the only one but, lately I've woken up choking on my own vomit. Scary stuff and it makes me too afraid to eat past 9 even if I don't go to sleep until later. I've been put on zantac twice a day and its not helping. Well all I can say is, 18 days and counting to my babies birthday.

My cats have also been following me around in the middle of the night. It's so weird but comforting to know they're looking out for me. I've also made it a point to start carrying my mobile with me even if it's just to go to the bathroom Yay never know. I hope everyone is doing well and hope were all counting down to meet our little ones!

CrwHnw0909

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Jul. 17, 2012 5:48pm

Hi CrwHnw - Still pregnant here too! I am 38 weeks today. I keep telling everyone that I think I'll have the baby early, but now I'm wondering if I've jinxed myself. I now think there's a good chance I might be late :( I am just so ready to meet this little girl! That's exciting that you have an exact date to meet your two little ones!

My heartburn is totally off and on, but it seems to only happen at night, probably because I am lying down, and I have definitely woken myself up with the taste of vomit in my mouth - sorry if that's too gross! I pee about 4 times a night now, and I can fall asleep so easily when I first go to bed, but after my first trip to the bathroom, I'm pretty restless and tossing and turning the rest of the night. I also tend to get more BH contractions at night and early morning, and become preoccupied with paying attention to them, waiting to see if the develop into real contractions. But every day I am disappointed when they inevitably dissipate. :(

Tomorrow I have my 38 week check up, and looking forward to seeing if I've made any progress since last week... fingers crossed!!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by curl_gurl » Jul. 17, 2012 6:24pm

Hey everyone, I will be 35 weeks on Thursday. @ my check-up yesterday I had a test done to make sure I'm not going into pre-term labor which me nor the doctor believe that I am, but she just wanted to check b/c I told her i was having sharp cramping pains on and off. Which I believe are just BH and so does she, but I like the attentiveness and extra precaution they are giving the situation. She checked my cervix and she said its far up there just like it should be so physically all is looking good just have to wait for the test, but I'm not worried the least bit.

@CrwHnw and NewBeginnings I know that heartburn feeling I felt so nauseous last night from heart burn that I was going to call in sick today, but luckily this morning I felt better. But my throat burns all through the day and its not what I'm eating that's causing it its just the pregnancy itself.The past few days BMs have been difficult although I have been taking dulcolax and lately I have been getting butt cramps(uggh).

My little one is super active which I thought would be the opposite as it starts getting more and more crowded in there. we are almost there ladies some sooner than other, but either way we are trailing right behind.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by prinny307 » Jul. 18, 2012 1:34am

curl- sounds like you have a great provider and things are going well!

I also have been having fun with GERD. yuck!!!! That started for me in the middle of the second trimester and I've been on omeprazole ever since. one of the last things I eat for the day is bread with milk. The bread absorbs things a little and the milk doesn't burn so much if it comes up, as opposed to hot wings which I can sadly say is a horrible thing to wake up with. I haven't had spicy foods for over a month now. I also sleep on 5 pillows, trying to keep my head elevated. After baby dropped, it did get better though! I still have some bouts with it, but it's not as awful as before.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days, symptoms are pelvic pressure, occasional urinary frequency, BH and sometimes really bad cervical pain. I'm told it is nerve related as the pelvic ligaments stretch, or it may be mild cervical dilation or effacement. Uncomfortable but exciting!

I love that other people's pets are also right there with you! Any ideas on how to get them used to kids???

Packed my hospital bags! I am ready to go as soon as baby tells me to!

prinny307

Reply by sageviolet » Jul. 19, 2012 1:08pm

It's great to hear the updates! Hope you all continue to do well. I'll be at 36 weeks on Saturday!

I'm not having heartburn as bad as some of you, just a little some nights. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep. I just can't get comfortable! And when I lay down, baby seems to get more active. I'm not sure if it's more active than in the past or just that I can feel more now that it's more crowded. I think I can feel toes and fingers wiggling and tickilng me sometimes.

I've had more hip pain, especially on the left side, the past couple of days. Baby is head down but hasn't dropped. I hope it drops soon. I'm planning a homebirth, so I really want it to be in the right position for everything to go smoothly.

I almost have all of the birth supplies, just need a couple more things. I still have to put the tarp on the bed. I'm using the spare bed in the baby's room for the birth and setting everything up in there. We tried installing the car seat this week and realized the base is too big for our car, so we'll have to use the infant carrier alone with the seatbelt through the slots. When we're ready to move up to a convertible sear, I sure hope it fits!

DH had a surprise shower at work yesterday. He was really happy about it. :-)

User Image

User Image

sageviolet