Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

pregnant again after loss

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by sammiB » Sep. 3, 2013 11:05am

Hi all,,

I have a 16 month old baby boy. I had my first miscarriage in September 2012.

In march of this year we started trying for our second child in July I got my first bfp but sadly lost the baby in august at 5 weeks pregnant. I had a natural miscarriage and followed my hcg levels back to under 5.

I took another test on monday and got a very faint positive went and bought a better test and got a clear positive.

my doctor advised us to wait 3 cycles and now I'm pregnant again without having a period what is the earliest you can go to the doctor and how do they work out your due date,, I'm a nervous wreck and don't want to have another miscarriage.

Thank you

sammiB

Replies (7)

Reply by AngieT » Sep. 4, 2013 4:02pm

Well, it's hard sometimes to tell the due date when you don't wait. I think that is the only reason they advise you to not get pregnant again until at least you have one 'regular' cycle.
Sounds to me like you probably conceived sometime in middle August. If you had your miscarriage at the first part of August sometimes you can ovulate right after you stop bleeding, (about a week or so.)
When I had a miscarriage in May, I counted my first day of my loss as cycle day 1 and tracked as if I had never had a loss. That is probably what happened to you as well. I would count the first day of bleeding from the miscarriage as if it was the beginning of your cycle. You are probably 2 or 3 weeks along (based on ovulation date, not doc time.)
I am now almost 4 weeks along based on doctor counting, but by my counting, because I know my ovulation day, I am only 2 weeks 1 day.
You are probably about a week ahead of me. I ovulated on the 23rd of August. The easiest thing to be would be to go by first day of bleeding, then 2 weeks later you ovulate, 2 weeks later you're pregnant.
Wa'lah! Pregnancy due date... I am due about May 16th. We are very close in dates..

Best wishes and God bless!!

AngieT

Reply by Alchemist » Sep. 9, 2013 4:22pm

i had a mc on the 10th of august and i had a + beta on the 5th of sep....still in shock.....struggled to fall for years and now preg a month after a mc......i had my beta level checked again and its perfectly rising yay......not like the other one, it never doubled. So also due about may 16/17

Alchemist

Reply by Hannahh123 » 30 weeks ago

Congratulations to you! I am so happy that things finally worked for you. I can understand what you might be going through. However, I would suggest not to take too much stress. I can understand how terrifying this could be. Just visit the doctor regularly! Make sure to not burden yourself with the workload. Good luck to you.

Hannahh123

Reply by saramccartney123 » 30 weeks ago

Hello. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. But I'm glad you're pregnant again. I really hope this one sticks. It's totally normal to be nervous at this point. You can use any pregnancy app to work out your due date. I hope everything goes well.

saramccartney123

Reply by LucilleCooper » 29 weeks ago

Hi Sammi! I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know it's hard for you to deal with this. But I think it's time for you to stay positive and take good care of yourself. You are lucky that you are not having a problem with getting pregnant. Just visit your doctor and follow his instructions carefully. You really need to be more careful this time. Good luck!

LucilleCooper

Reply by saramccartney123 » 24 weeks ago

Hello. How are you doing now. I'm just checking in. How are you and the baby doing? I hope everything is going well so far. I'm so excited for you. Hope the pregnancy is smooth till the end. Good luck.

saramccartney123

Reply by saramccartney123 » 24 weeks ago

Hello. How are you doing now. I'm just checking in. How are you and the baby doing? I hope everything is going well so far. I'm so excited for you. Hope the pregnancy is smooth till the end. Good luck.

saramccartney123