Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

April Babies!!! Part Two - Page 15

Replies (296)

Reply by allioak » Apr. 5, 2012 6:11pm

Kawa: Keep on moving girl! It's funny, I was thinking today what I could do to be active, and I was thinking of vacuuming, the floors were just vacuumed and cleaned on Sunday, but what's the problem with being extra extra clean?? I'm also thinking of dancing around and doing laundry. How bout some belly dancing for you too? My aunt had an appt today and offered to take me with her because she has to go down a bunch of cobblestone roads to get there, any bumpy rides in your area? hehe good luck!

allioak

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 5, 2012 7:51pm

So just got back from the doctor. I do have low iron levels. Have a prescription for a supplement. Really crappy weather today so I am going to get it tomorrow.
Still only 1 cm so the doctor decided to stretch me. Holy crap did that hurt. No warning until she started.

Amarylis

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 6, 2012 3:10am

I am almost positive that I'm in the beginning stage of labor. Lots of cramping. The contractions are coming in like 10 minutes apart and hasn't let up yet for the past hour and a half. Lol I've said before that I have never went into labor on my own so I really don't know what to expect. Hopefully I'm correct.

kawaimichiko

Reply by klekle02 » Apr. 6, 2012 3:58am

ooooh kaw...sounds promising. I hope it IS labor!! I have been pretty crampy tonight too. I doubt it's labor but I'm hoping it means some progress in some way.

alli-I'm jealous of your leaking. It's definitely a good sign that you will have great success with breastfeeding. I haven't had the slightest leak at all. Congrats!! Sorry it's annoying you though.

klekle02

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 6, 2012 8:58pm

Meh! No progress here :/ now I just feel like I have a bruise on my groin :/

kawaimichiko

Reply by Roxanne » Apr. 6, 2012 10:30pm

Sounds like u ladies are real close to delivery..how exciting.as for me I'm having a c-sec on 19april...baby is now weighing 3kgs which is pretty big for a girl...I think..lol...all the best to ladies. Hope ur methods work just don't over tire urselves...

Roxanne

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 7, 2012 5:08pm

lost my plug for sure this morning :) really hoping something actually starts today

Amarylis

Reply by allioak » Apr. 7, 2012 5:42pm

Amarylis: Good luck! If you don't mind responding with TMI, what did it look like exactly?

allioak

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 7, 2012 6:20pm

Ok this might be TMI for some people.
Allioak-First off in my underwear it looked like someone blew a chunky load
Then I had some chunks that were jelly like and normal discharge colour. It was like a couple of huge boogers.
Completely different then anything else I have ever had.

Amarylis

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 8, 2012 12:08am

Amarylis... I hope something does happen for you soon.
Afm... still no progress here. I vacuumed some more today clean the bathrooms and mop my floor by hand. Also did 3 loads of laundry.... and still no sign :<

kawaimichiko

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 8, 2012 12:08am

PS. I have a very stupid phone :/

kawaimichiko

Reply by jkg9510 » Apr. 9, 2012 2:30pm

It's been quiet on here lately, I hope you're all out having babies!

Georgia is fast asleep. I should really be doing housework buuut sitting and relaxing with my cup of coffee is so much better. She will be three weeks old tomorrow, *sobbing.* We are starting to get into a good routine and I've started pumping for when I go back to work o ne day a week. I'm trying to increase my supply enough so I can go to Zumba at the YMCA 2x a week for an hour. I have lost all of my 30 lb weight gain (thank you breastfeeding and awful night sweats) but have a lovely jelly belly left over that I can't wait to tighten back up. Ah the joys of motherhood! I hope everyone had a great Easter and a good weekend otherwise. I don't always have time to reply but I check the board twice a day to see if we have any baby news! Thinking of you guys!

Congratulations to Jamie Lynn and Danielle, I can't wait to hear your birth stories and see pictures if you choose to share!

Katie
User Image

jkg9510

Reply by allioak » Apr. 9, 2012 2:45pm

JK: So good to hear from you :) I've just been uncomfortable and up and down emotionally lately, so I'm not sitting at the computer as often. I'm impressed with the weight loss, looking forward to breastfeeding!! can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! Amazing!

Kawa and Amarylis: Any progress yet? It's so time for you! This is your week!!!!

JL and Imacamp: Hope brand new mommyhood is treating you well! Can't wait to hear the birth stories and how it's going at home :)

Klekle: When is your appt this week? I'm hoping to see I've made more progress on Weds....

AFM: Just tired and uncomfortable. Yesterday at Easter I felt all hot and sweaty and bloated. I know 2 weeks till her due date isn't a long time, and she'll be here before I know it either way, but sometimes when you are in the moment, it feels like forever! She is sitting so low. Strangers are commenting everywhere I go and my family couldn't believe how much she has dropped. Hoping this means progress sooner than later! Looking forward to the appt on Weds to see if I made any more progress. After that I won't be seeing my doctor till after my due date since he'll be on vacation!

allioak

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 9, 2012 3:11pm

nothing for me yet. I am seeing my mom today so I am hoping going to the mall will trigger something. The mall we go to all the time is right beside my hospital so I'm not too worried if something happens while we are there.

Amarylis

Reply by ImACamp » Apr. 9, 2012 4:20pm

Jk - Love that you mentioned the jelly-belly, lol. That's exactly what it is.

So ladies, this is the first time I've had a chance to get on since our bundle made his arrival. I'm not exactly sure you ladies will want to hear my birth story, but I'll share it anyway. You guys should not go through what I went through, so keep that in mind as you are reading this.

Tuesday night after I got done posting on here, I took the ambien that the Dr. gave me and headed to bed (around 9). Hubby went up with me along with puppy (when I go to bed before hubby, he comes up and lays with me for a bit ^_^). DH went downstairs around 930. Just about as soon as he left I felt a gush. Lol, I said to myself "ew, that's gross, I should probably go and check to see what it is." When I stood up it just kept coming...lol, I imagine it was quite humorous as I was walking...wobbling... with my knees out saying "it just keeps coming, ew, it just keeps coming." I went downstairs and call my mom then the doctor. Then I got a shower and hubby got a shower and we headed to the hospital around 11. I don't remember much about Tuesday night at all. I know when I got there, they checked my pad and the nurse went out and said "do you need to see how purple this is?"

By 8ish the next morning I was dilated to 6. By 11:40 I was dilated to 10 but still at +1 and ready to push. I pushed and pushed and pushed for 2 hours and he never got any closer. at 1:40 when she checked me I was still at +1 station and she said it's time for a c-section. The entire time I was pushing I knew something wasn't right. I kept telling them that I couldn't do this, that I felt like I was going to die. My poor husband :/ So of course, once they decided to c-section me, my contractions got even worse and the catheter made me crampy, so that didn't help at all either. I was literally screaming in agony and I have a high pain tolerance. They got things started pretty much right away, but there wasn't a room ready for me, so I ended up waiting another hour in agony. Once they got me down in the OR, they did the fastest they could to put me to sleep. What a RELIEF!! After the surgery I slept for about an hour and a half after Ryan came. I got up and moving as soon as I could, which was the next day. So, my story is absolutely traumatizing and there is no reason that I should have been pushing for 2 hours. They did an ultrasound on me before I left on Tuesday night and said something about Ryan being wrapped around my spine. He tried his best to come out naturally, he was just too far back.

Now for the fun stuff :)
Ryan was born at 3:09 pm on Wednesday, April 4th. He was 21 inches, weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 13 1/2 oz. His head was 37cm (big head, lol).

I can't wait to hear about all of your birth stories. Remember, don't let mine scare you, I shouldn't have gone through it.

JL - Our baby's share a birthday :) congrats to you :)

User Image

ImACamp

Reply by allioak » Apr. 9, 2012 4:36pm

Hey girls! Just because we are well through the 15th page I'm going to start our 3rd chapter of this forum so we don't run out of room and lose our comments!

Find our new forum under: April Babies!!! The Final Chapter

***THIS IS THE END OF THIS FORUM***

allioak