Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

When did you announce?

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by sydnergy » Nov. 23, 2013 2:12pm

So after getting hopes up by announcing too early and losing/chemicals I'm a bit weary about telling too early. BUT with thanksgiving coming up my family may notice anyhow since I won't be drinking... that's how they found out last time. I want to wait until Christmas (I'll be 9 weeks) but if they figure it out at thanksgiving I'll be a few days past 5 weeks.

When did you announce? Do you believe in waiting until 12 weeks? Would you wait if you have VERY pronounced symptoms vs getting a posi with limited symptoms?

Thanks!

sydnergy

Replies (3)

Reply by Kitten90 » Nov. 23, 2013 6:06pm

I've lost 2 now... the most recent one being two weeks ago and I was 4w5d along and had already told family and some co-workers because I was horribly sick and there was no way to hide it. I think next time I'll at least wait til I see a heartbeat on the ultrasound unless I have really strong symptoms again...
I would rather just tell people early on, but that's because I feel like I need a support system there if I lose another one =/

Kitten90

Reply by megan_wynne » Nov. 29, 2013 1:13am

I had the same question. Being with all my family at Thanksgiving was really hard not being able to tell them. But, I am going to wait until Christmas. I will be about 10 weeks along then and I feel like that's pretty close to 12 weeks. It's just easier to do it then because we will all be together and I can tell them with a Christmas gift =]

I have several friends who have told around 6 weeks or so and one lost the baby, but then she also shared her loss and everybody knew and helped her cope. The other friend went full-term so there was no harm done.

I think it just depends on how many people you want to know in case something were to happen. At this point, I have told my sister-in-law and a good friend, both people who I would want to know that I had lost a baby so I felt comfortable telling them!

megan_wynne

Reply by Eluria88 » Jan. 2, 2014 6:52am

I had no heartbeat at my 10week U/S and was devastated. I was getting congrats from people and I would break down crying because I was carrying a dead baby until I could miscarry naturally.

Now that I am pregnant again I am on the other extreme, I refuse to tell people until I am 20weeks.

Everyone is different but I just cant handle having to go through telling everyone I miscarried again. I didnt lose the baby until I was in my 12th week.

Eluria88