Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

am i about to have a miscariage???

Category: Special - Miscarriage & Loss
Posted by redsugar » Dec. 30, 2011 12:58pm

i am 4 and half weeks and woke up today with blood when i wiped then just really light spotting barely anything. does anyone know if this is normal or if its the start of a miscarriage. i have phoned pregnancy ward they said its to early to tell it could be normal or could be the start of bad things wont know until it happens,and to keep an eye on it for the next few days. im so scared cramps all over my legs like period, bellys fine. anyone else in the same situation?
thanks xx

redsugar

Replies (11)

Reply by babylove14 » Dec. 30, 2011 1:27pm

If you see more I would go to my Dr or ER asap. If its just mild spotting then you might be fine but I would still go to the dr to be sure. Maybe get your hcg levels checked. It's better safe than sorry. However, women spot all the time while pregnant and everything is fine. Just wear a pad or pantyliner to observe how much blood and then go from there. Good luck and prayers!

babylove14

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Dec. 30, 2011 7:31pm

I had some early spotting with this pregnancy, at 4-5 weeks, and I am 9 weeks now and everything's going well so far. I had miscarried back in August, so the spotting this time around was very unsettling. Fortunately, my doctors were very understanding about how nervous i was and were able to do some blood tests and even an early ultrasound. It definitely helped to ease my mind to see that HCG levels were doubling as they should be, and to see yolk sac and gestational sac developing normally. Unfortunately, they had no explanation for the spotting, just that it happens to some women in early pregnancy. Best of luck to you!!!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by MaxCt296 » Dec. 30, 2011 8:11pm

I started spotting just after 7 weeks. Make sure you let your doctor know what blood type you are, just incase you need the anti-d shot (negatives)

My bleeding got worse on x-mas day and I had an ultrasound boxing day. They found a sub-chronic haematoma. My haemorrhage has gotten worse and am on strict bed rest.

This is worse case, but if the spotting gets worse see you doctor. It may be too early to see bubs on a scan, but it may be possible to see any problems.

BabyFruit Ticker

MaxCt296

Reply by gabry79 » Dec. 30, 2011 9:22pm

they say you shouldn't worry unless the bleeding is enough to soak a pantyliner. I had a miscarriage in July and I know exactly what you feel. My doctor too told me that basically they couldn't do anything but wait and see how it goes, but I think that one thing they could do is run some blood tests and see your hcg and progesterone level. But if you didn't miscarry before they are very resistant to do that, you have to insist a lot. If your progesterone is low and your doctor wants he can give you a progesterone supplement and that can help you carry on your pregnancy. Unfortunately not all doctors agree with this approach which I think is b.s. Anyway, it might be nothing, it might be a normal spotting but I don't believe that there is nothing they can do to determine if it is before it's too late.

gabry79

Reply by DestinyStarr » Dec. 30, 2011 10:33pm

I pray that your bleeding turns out to be nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

I'm going through the same thing. This morning when I woke up I just noticed I just didn't 'feel right' - kind of like AF was coming. Light bloating, lightly crampy kind of in the legs and back. A couple hours later, I started spotting thin, but red, blood.

When I spoke to my nurse earlier, she didn't seem too affected by it and told me to look for flow like a period with/or without pain and cramping.

Its been 6 hours since that started, and I am still spotting. Still no cramps or pain. It isn't even making it to my pantyliner, but is clearly there when I wipe. I've even noticed small clots in the toilet. So, I am just waiting it out to see what happens.

DestinyStarr

Reply by NewMommy07 » Dec. 31, 2011 2:22am

If you're very concerned about it, I would ask the doctor's office for a hcg test so they can check your levels. However, I would try not too worry unless it goes on and on. Praying for ya!

I had spotting for 2 days (light pink, barely there) around 5 weeks and it turned out to be nothing. I'm now 30 weeks along and had some spotting a few days ago as well, but my little girl is perfectly healthy and good!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by redsugar » Dec. 31, 2011 7:56pm

thanks everybody
unfortunately this was a miscarriage :(
my doctor wont do anything they just tell me to phone epu which is a horrible feeling having to phone for hours to get through just to be told nothing!
had a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago as well, hopefully the doctor will help me more now.

babydust and love to all xx

redsugar

Reply by NewMommy07 » Dec. 31, 2011 10:04pm

So sorry hun!! You're in my prayers! :(

NewMommy07

Reply by Loris201 » Feb. 16, 2018 3:08pm

Inform your doctor; if you observe any changes or if you fail, immediately consult a doctor. Try, if possible, to save your child, because they can make it clear why you are wrong and if any abnormality is present in the fetus. Also check these symptoms of miscarriage.
In most cases, miscarriages begin with vaginal bleeding. There may be spotty or more often severe bleeding. However, vaginal bleeding does not always mean miscarriage. About 1 out of every 4 women find blood in an early pregnancy, and not all of these women experience miscarriages. After vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain may occur if you have a miscarriage. This pain can be felt like pelvic pressure or back pain and can be mild or severe. Sometimes there may be constant pain in the spasm, as well as bleeding. If there is both abdominal pain and bleeding, the likelihood that you actually have a miscarriage.

Rh negative mothers need an injection of Rh immune globulin after you notice bleeding, usually within 2-3 days. Immune globulin is not needed if the father of the child is also Rh-negative.
In case of miscarriage, for some time there will be bleeding along with spasm. During this time you can wear a sanitary napkin, but not a tampon. Do not worry if bleeding or convulsions worsen; This usually happens when the body tries to force out the products of conception, that is, the tissue of the fetus and the placenta. These conception products can also include blood clots or have a grayish appearance. To relieve pain, you can take an over-the-counter analgesic, such as acetaminophen.

Loris201

Reply by Hannahh123 » Feb. 7, 2019 8:27pm

Hannahh123

Reply by Hannahh123 » 19 weeks ago

I hope what the clinic is saying is right. However, in my opinion, you should visit another clinic. Someone who is willing to take prompt action. This is something that is really important and shouldn't be ignored. Good luck to you. Stay strong and positive. I can understand that this must be extremely worrying for you. All prayers are with you.

Hannahh123