Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Doctor

Category: Trimesters - Second Trimester
Posted by Mrs.Contaldo » Nov. 27, 2013 6:56pm

Ok so I'm almost half way through my pregnancy and met my doctor for the first time yesterday. I was hopeful in meeting him since I'm already so far along and they've made me wait to meet him. But I left his office completely unsatisfied and rather angry. I didn't like his bedside manner or anything. Although I realized I'd be having a planned c section, he's talking about scheduling it at 37 or 38 weeks. Is that even safe?
Now I'm forced to look for another doctor half way through my pregnancy.

Mrs.Contaldo

Replies (3)

Reply by moodymommy » Dec. 15, 2013 4:53am

Try explaining to him that your not comfortable with being induced so early that it could be harmful. Also on his side there might be a reason he is wanting to. Do you have any issues throughout your pregnancy? Diabetes? If so, its best for them to induce you early so its safe for the baby and yourself.

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

moodymommy

Reply by Kailuya » Feb. 12, 2014 9:19am

Depending on the indication for the Planned/Elective Caesarean; the reason for doing it around the 37 or 38weeks is to prevent you from going into normal labour; which may complicate whatever the indication for the caesarean is. On the brighter side, you do not get to suffer the pains of labour and still go through caesarean again.

Kailuya

Reply by alysonwunderland » Feb. 13, 2014 1:46am

It depends on your reason for needing a planned cesarean but most wait until at least 39 weeks.

I'm sorry you have to find a new doctor but I am happy that you're not just accepting this situation. That's balderdash that you didn't meet him until now, sounds very fishy to me. Maybe they know his bedside manner sucks so they keep him away from patients until further along so they then feel trapped and think it's too late to change docs.

alysonwunderland