Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies Part 2 - Page 15

Replies (300)

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 21, 2012 1:55am

hey guys
too tired for personals, so i'll just try to hit on the stuff i remember

cat crazy = sucks! my cat growing up was named PITA (as in: pain in the ass). he was a jerk but i loved him. hopefully your cat calms down. i read that cats often have zero interest in newborns because they barely move, so as long as he isn't trying to snuggle up to him in the crib, you're probably fine

i seem to go back and forth between wanting nothing but fruit one day to craving french fries and chips the next. a milkshake sounds seriously AMAZING. if my face wasn't covered in toothpaste (hello acne!), i'd go get one right now

speaking of, acne blows! i'm too nervous to use anything for it in the first trimester. so looking forward to trying some basic BP in a couple weeks. i look like a 15 year old boy. combo coming off BC and then getting pregnant has destroyed my face and chest. any tips ladies?

count me in on the headaches! trying to up my water intake to see if that helps. are you guys hydrated and still getting them? (please say no, please say no, please say no!)

guys, working at home is HARD. all i want to do is nap. i probably shouldn't have left the least interesting work for when i decided to stay home, but there it is. i'm going to ignore the 2.5 hour break i took in the middle of the day and say i'm done (10-6 = regular work day, yes? yes.)

dsdaye - hope that fever stays gone! it's scary, but your little one is probably totally fine.

elizabethwig

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 21, 2012 1:56am

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 21, 2012 2:20am

Ugh ....there is no stopping this sort of pimple invasion
I've tried allmy all natural remedies that are pretty tough....nothing. i've tried nothing and got exactly that. Baby pimples are unstoppable!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 21, 2012 3:38am

I am getting zits in weird places. lol. I thought I was getting some on my face but they never came to a head so idk what the heck..

This increase in blood volume is kind of driving me nuts if I am to be honest. I was well hydrated today.. I know I was. I went in the spare room to look for something black to wear to my grandpa's funeral tomorrow and I got so freaking light headed and my heart was beating through my chest.. gahhh... and blahhh... is all I have to say. AND I already have a low normal blood pressure so the fact it lowers even more in early pregnancy is.. making me all weak and dizzy at times.

Another thing I had yet ANOTHER emotional outburst..guhh.. my gramps funeral is tomorrow at 11 am. 11am seems ok but I am driving 3 hrs to get there and I have to drive through seattle during the morning rush.. so.. I was throwing a fit because I didn't want to wake up at the crack of dawn to drive 3 hrs there and 3 hrs back while I am preggo and feel like crap and I don't have to wear blah blah blah.. i was having a fit. Then my dad called me and just hearing his voice and hearing the pain in it. It was a HUGE motivator to me ..because he needs me there. So I am sucking it up and putting on my "big girl panties" I will take my zofran with me, water and snacks for the way.

OH I have another question. I have been feeling every so often like.. my uterus is twitching.. like when a muscle twitches. I thought it could be my muscles on the outside stomach area but when I put my hand there I could not feel muscle twitching.. I have not really felt this before so.. I don't know if this could be baby???! .. is baby even that big enough yet at 10 and a half weeks to feel anything!? unless its just the uterus growing.. idk. Seems so soon for me to even be feeling anything since it's my first. However I have been preggo before but only till about 8 weeks... hmm..

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 21, 2012 3:49am

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by gabry79 » Feb. 21, 2012 2:06pm

I am sorry I have been away for quite a while. I try to read as many posts as I can as often as I can but since i don't have much to report about myself I always end up not writing....I just want to say one thing:
12 WEEEEEEKSSSSS!!!!!!! YAAAAY!

gabry79

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 21, 2012 2:48pm

Wee sounds like everyone is having fun with zits! I guess I am lucky there, I only have one big one on the side of my chin that keeps coming and going, with occasionally some other smaller ones on my face. I did however, find a long gnarly hair growing from under my chin! I plucked that sucker but it was seriously 2 inches long, how did I not notice it until now?! Soooo disgusting. I have a grody double hair that sprouted by my nipple when I was pregnant with my son (I keep plucking it but it always comes back), it's been growing like crazy too. I seriously hope that there are no more random hairs to discover :(

I had a yucky nauseous night last night, couldn't manage to eat anything but some mac and cheese (yummy homemade by the MIL) and ice cream for some reason. Ice cream and milkshakes are so so good right now! I am trying to keep the portions small but I decided I'm not going to stop myself from eating it right now, i am drinking tons of milk and eating cheese, and if I still want ice cream I figure I must really need it. I am thinking it may be the high fat content.. I have lost another pound so I'm hovering at 9 pounds lost. I went up a bit and I was hoping that the trend was reversing but so far not the case. Hoping each time the m/s fades that it's gone for good! LOL.

I am feeling a bit better this morning, I woke up feeling ick but I ate a cheese slice and then a bit of cereal and now I feel okay. I also brought in some mixed nuts to see if those help keep me from getting so icky feeling between meals (However I bought the low sodium ones and they are not as good, kind of regretting that now). I try eating fruit and cheese and crackers but they don't seem to help for long.

It's also starting to get slightly uncomfortable laying on my back. I know that is more a 4 months + thing but I think because of my gut there is extra weight on the nerves/blood vessels. Been laying tilted to the side and that helps a lot, or else I prop myself up so I'm sort of sitting up. Luckily I have my lovely body pillow and also one of those "boyfriend" back rest things in my bed, as well as nice big pillows on the couch.

I have been coughing, sneezing, and runny nose this whole freaking pregnancy, it is ridiculous! I finally broke down and had the hubby look at the list of safe meds my doc's office gave me, and hurray! sudafed was on there! So I took one sudafed this morning. My sinuses and head felt like it was totally full of snot. I'm not going to take it every day, but it's nice to be able to breathe again, if just for today; we will see how long the half dose lasts!

Heather - don't feel bad about the junk - sometimes that is all I can eat too! For a while there I was living on the chef boyardee raviolis! Just do the best you can

knicole - I keep having very odd little sharp pains, I dunno that they are twitches but they are new. They are a little like the ligament pains but not really; they are short, don't linger, and are right in the front of my abdomen. Gonna guess it's stretching, just feels different from the previous types I've felt!

I appear to be able to drink water today so that is a plus! So far I don't think I've had any headaches when I have been able to drink a lot, so I'm going to go with No, they are only when I am a bit dehydrated - Elizabeth!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by AuburnMama » Feb. 21, 2012 3:13pm

nicole, good luck with the traveling/funeral today. I hope it goes as well as can be expected. I'm sure seeing you will make your dad feel a lot better. Thinking of you today!

I get some pains if I do a lot of walking, happened yesterday while out with the furkid. Not bad, but just tight feeling. My lower back has been sore and popping a bit, I guess it's the ligaments loosening up.

Could not sleep last night, first night that's happened. And of course I have a long day today, ugh. Oh well. I hope you all have a great day!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 21, 2012 4:08pm

auburn, the same happened to me previous night. I had a super busy, work-intense Monday and I slept so bad that night. I was so bloated, so every hour I made trips to bathroom trying to squeeze some gas and more out, but despite of all my hard work pushing, nothing happened. What helps to get through those long busy days is vitamin B (i can't recall now if it's B6 or Bcomplex) but it does help. It gives some extra energy boost which I desperately need for survival. I don't take vit. B every day, I keep it as a special treat for my body for difficult days.

knicole, good luck traveling. Fx you feel your best on this day and sickness will stay away.

leniana, I hear you about the hair. I never had hair under my chin, but with this pregnancy I need to keep an eye and eliminate those unwelcomed ugly guests
gabry,also Leniana, congrats on 12 week benchmark-1st semester is almost over for you

alizabeth- I do understand how working from home could be hard. I am sure I would flunk because when I get home I can't do anything besides relaxing (though I started being pretty good taking walks except yesterday

esperanza

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 21, 2012 9:02pm

I'm Back finally! My power cord for my laptop died so finally after a week of waiting for the new one to come I can get back on here again! It was a pain trying to do my home work for my online class without a computer, had to go to MIL for part of my work then my moms for the other half.

I really did try and read everything I've missed but there was just so much to catch up on...

9 weeks today oh ya!

Not much has changed in the past week other than I want spicy food so bad. Had to run some errands today and seen taco bell so ya after Walmart went and got me a grilled stuffed chicken burrito combo meal with a soft taco and pepsi(my limit of caffeine a day) my 2 yr old got mad because he wanted fries so had to take him to Burger King for some fries and chicken tenders. Think if I have time I'm going to make some Kurts dip this week(shredded chicken, ranch,cream chz,franks hot sauce, and cheddar chz all cooked together in the crock pot=yumm) Fatigue is getting worse each day it seems...I usually am a night owl and stay up late reading now I want to go to bed by 9-10pm. Zits haven't been too big of a problem...yet at least.
My husband has a big mouth when he drinks, he had a few beers and told all our friends that I'm pregnant again...BUT he forgot to tell me he told them and I get taken for a surprise when a friend of ours gets down on his knees and starts singing to my stomach! Damn drunks lol.So now that he opened his big mouth I had to tell my mom and everyone earlier than I wanted to(wanted to wait till 12-13weeks!). So excited though,since our family will be going from 3 people to 4 my husband has been talking about getting a bigger house since 4 of us won't fit well in a 2 bedroom house. We go in an hour to look at a house just down the road from where we live now. It's big..2 story's,I think there's 4 or 5 bedrooms, 3 barns, 8 acres of property(field and yard) it needs some work done as far as I can tell on the outside but as long as its big enough and not going to be expensive to fix it'll be perfect! It's only a couple minute drive from the babysitters and its a closer drive to work for me:) Plus my husband farms and bales hay/straw it'll be easier for him to take the hay from the field straight to the barn and he'll have room to work on his equipment sorry rambling but just excited. Well I better get off here and finish the dishes before we have to leave.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by member6243 » Feb. 22, 2012 1:18am

**removed by moderator**

member6243

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 22, 2012 7:21am

Hey ladies..
This is going to probably lack personals I am so exhausted. I took a nap when I got home and just woke up a lil bit ago decided I was alive enough to jump online.

Today went well. It did take us the full 3 hours to get there and the weather was HORRIBLE pouring rain the entire time ...but I guess at least it was not a wedding. heh. Anyways there was horrible stop and go traffic downtown Seattle area .. I got queasy from it but was ok once we started moving again.
We had a grave site service at 11 am and then the memorial at our family church at 1pm. The grave sight service was hard for me.. especially with my extra emotions. I was probably the first one to start the water works when my dad and uncles carried out the casket... then the color guard played taps and I was trying not to sob. Even seeing other people set me off crying. gah. So many emotions.
My uncle shared some great stories at the memorial and the memorial had a much happier tone to it than the grave side service. My grandma was doing well on her own there though.. I really do believe she won't be with us long either... they had been married soooo long and I just feel like she won't be here much longer after gramps death.
Anyways.. my dad was VERY concerned about my weight loss last time I saw him was on Christmas when I was about 12 lbs heavier... My step mom did say I looked unhealthy but that in no time that I would probably be gaining weight again so she was not too worried and said she would try to talk to my dad about it to get his mind eased a bit. I have three step sisters that have kids and all but I am my dad's only child so.. this pregnancy and me.. I think he worries a lil more than usual. However if I am to be honest I would be worried though too. I looked at myself and I look AWFUL. Like a slight wind could just knock me on my face. Pale and weak and way too thin, the pants that used to be tight on me a few months ago were hanging off my legs... Sooo I treated myself after the memorial to some lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies after some potato salad and pickles. ;)

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by Coomy08 » Feb. 22, 2012 2:56pm

Angelwings:that's so exciting to start feeling those little movements! I swear I felt something flutter the other day, but IDk it was probably just gas.

Well I love the house we looked at last night! It does need a lot of work, but its mostly ripping off wallpaper and painting and then it has wood floors throughout most of the house so we'll have to sand and polish those and then carpet and tile some rooms in the house. The kitchen could use some remodeling too, but IDC I love it. With the work that needs done just makes it more exciting because we can do the house the way we want too. If we can come to an agreement with the owners I hope to start working on it asap will def take before and after pictures.
Sorry rambling again just excited :)
So sex drive has increased and so has heartburn,I burp and I get heartburn! Everything is just making me irritable,you look at me wrong and it makes me mad. Insomnia is kicking in again, and it stinks because I'm so tired and want to sleep but my mind won't shut up to allow it. Will have my 9 week bump picture added eventually, I feel like I'm 16 weeks instead of 9wks. Have first prenatal appointment tomorrow,so hopefully that goes well.

*AMBER*

BabyFetus Ticker

Zane Daniel:C-Section scheduled September 19th

Coomy08

Reply by elizabethwig » Feb. 22, 2012 7:31pm

just a quick one:
leniana - completely forgot to add: those cookies are awesome! so impressed with your skills. hopefully your announcement went over well at work!

elizabethwig

Reply by Leniana » Feb. 23, 2012 2:12pm

elizabeth - thanks! It took like 3 hours to make those plus the dough mixing/chilling time hehe. But they were very tasty! Everyone who bothered to say anything was happy for me I'm sure plenty of them just didn't care but I didn't feel like telling a few and getting the oh, you are pregnant? question every other week for the next 6 months; so much easier just to make food and tell them that way LOL. And by 2pm all the cookies were gone!

Can you believe some of my coworkers didn't know what they were for? One asked me if I was getting married (he saw mine and my hubby's name and a date on the sign and got confused I guess.. .later he explained that he thought the onesies were rocketships LOL), one was like, oh it took me a minute! and another was like oh, are you trying to tell us something? ... well no I just felt like making baby-themed cookies LOL. Some people I guess. I suppose it's not too bad though, only three were confused enough to ask me out of 40-some LOL.

Coomy - the house sounds amazing :) That's just what we'd like to get in a few years, older farmhouse style with some land that we can make ours. I hope your appointment today goes great!!

knicole - I'm glad you made it okay through the funeral! I'm glad you were able to eat some snacks... wow potato salad sounds kinda good lol! I had some pickles the other day too, right after I had a milkshake... I am a walking preggo stereotype!

AFM - Actually been a rough couple of days. The nausea is back and I'm having a hard time eating enough to keep it at bay. Last night I REALLY wanted ice cream and cookies, so I stopped and got a DQ oreo blizzard. Well apparently that was not good enough because I shortly got sick. Then I didn't feel much like eating the rest of the evening :( Until I woke up at midnight and had carrots and half a peanut butter sandwich. This morning I was feeling sick still, and I just stopped in the middle of typing this to go spill my guts again. Gonna try eating some soup in the "after" time where my stomach isn't so angry, maybe it will stay down. Hopefully you ladies will have a better day than I seem to be!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by esperanza » Feb. 23, 2012 7:45pm

Leniana
"Can you believe some of my coworkers didn't know what they were for? One asked me if I was getting married (he saw mine and my hubby's name and a date on the sign and got confused I guess.. .later he explained that he thought the onesies were rocketships LOL), - This is sooo funny!
coomy, we are looking also at one foreclosure house in a very nice neighborhood. All the houses there are very pricey and out of our range but this one is so much lower because of a very bad condition, everything is ripped off (not only the appliances but floors too), it is very dirty and stinky but it doesn't scare me off. When I entered this house I see not how it is now but how it could be...and it has great potential. We'll see if the negotiating the price would be the way how we want it. If it does I am going to have super busy, full of hard work pregnancy.
btw, we are moving to a new Sptember baby :]

esperanza

Reply by susy00 » Feb. 23, 2012 8:17pm

hi girls, so this was a very bad week. m/s was really heavy and I didn't do much work. Slept through most of the day. Today was actually not a really bad day, but got a new pregnancy symptom: heartburn. My god it kept me awake for half of the night!

I really hope the m/s goes away in the coming days (that's what I've read so I really hope it will) and I hope I get some energy back!

My partner is sooo sweet! He just hugs and comforts me when I have a hormonal cry and than I feel guilty. Well, you all know the feeling I guess!

sorry for the lack of personals, I hope I'll be more active on this forum when I am feeling slightly better!

Love Susy

ps, we're already on page 15, time for a new thread?

User Image

User Image

susy00

Reply by knicole27 » Feb. 23, 2012 8:50pm

Susy- we decided to move over here: http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=1946

since this one was getting long again.. lol

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by sHmily963 » Oct. 27, 2012 9:38am

Thank you for your sharing, I wish you peace mother.I also need the experience.

Don't know what to say, very happy to be here, to meet a lot of good friends, also hope to be able to help others to solve some problems.Thank you.Here, of course you are also interested in the digital photo frame can also pay attention to my words. digital photo frame with HDMI, IPS, High Definition, portrait or glass front…

sHmily963

Reply by Mike555555 » Nov. 17, 2012 8:38am

Every day is a holiday, let yourself have a good point.If you have a digital photo frame as a gift would be the best.

Mike555555