Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2014 baby club! - Page 10

Replies (230)

Reply by keely1971 » Mar. 18, 2014 1:12am

Amarylis13, if your question is aimed at me I am in New Zealand and the norm is to have a midwife as your lead maternity caregiver unless there is a reason not too. That midwife assist in delivery whether at home or in hospital. However, my midwife will be a spectator at the birth of my baby as I will be having my third C-section with this one. My first C-section was because my son was a big boy - 10 pounds 5 ounces (approx. 4770kg). With my daughter I also had a C-section as I was over 40 and would have been induced increasing the risk of stronger contractions and therefore increasing the risk of a ruptured uterus. This time I'm not even going to go through the should I shouldn't I argument with myself.....just going for it - a C-section that is hehehe

Heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday at the midwifes. It was the BEST birthday present ever

keely1971

Reply by Amarylis13 » Mar. 18, 2014 10:01pm

finally heard the heartbeat!!!!
Baby seems to be doing good but the heart rate keeps being high so the dr is thinking I am dehydrated or it's the baby reacting to my low thyroid. Still not having good lab results for me and having more tests show more problems so back to the lab this week and then to the dr again in two weeks for the results.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by gds4angls » Mar. 19, 2014 12:49am

I've been MIA for quite a few weeks due to severe nausea. Doc put me on Diclegis. Helped the nausea but kept me asleep all the time. Lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Nausea has gotten better the past few days but now I'm experiencing really bad headaches. Just thought I'd post a quick note and say hello.

April 30, 1998 - 8lbs. 11oz, 21 inches
9 week miscarriage - March 17, 2001
May 31, 2002 - 6lbs. 15oz, 20 inches
October 2, 2003 - 7lbs. 3oz, 20 1/2 inches

User Image

gds4angls

Reply by Tiddlebean » Mar. 19, 2014 5:23am

Hello all! Its been awhile since I was last here - when I had my bleeding!

Thankfully the past month has been smooth sailing, am 15 weeks today, and had another midwife visit (Im in New Zealand so this is the norm), and have only put on 1kg since my first visit 2 months ago, which is AWESOME for me as i have been quite worried, i tend to gain weight easily. Heard the heartbeat again too, nice and strong!

Had our nuchal scan at 12 weeks, baby was misbehaving and wasnt in the right position, took 40 mins and me having to get down on the floor on my hands and knees and rock, but we got it done! Was great to see baby after the scare I had with the bleeding.

Hope everyone else is going well, and feeling mostly ok! Im lucky, i havent had morning sickness but have been VERY tired, which has made long days running my store hard, can't wait for my maternity leave really! I know I'll have a baby to look after but will enjoy just being at home and going at our own pace :)

User Image

Expecting #1 with Hubby

Tiddlebean

Reply by Amarylis13 » Mar. 19, 2014 6:55pm

Tiddlebean glad to hear things are going better !

I have an appt with the dietrician tomorrow since I lost betweem 2-3 kgs with my morning sickness.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by kellbell123 » Mar. 20, 2014 1:37am

Tiddle - Good to hear everything is going better!

Keely and Amarylis - Glad you finally got to hear those heartbeats!

gds4angls - I'm sorry you have such bad nausea! Hopefully it starts to lessen for you!

Today was my first day without Zofran. I was sick instantly when I got out of bed, but luckily that was it for the day. I feel like I am to the point where I was when the nausea first started - get sick once in the morning, but feel fine the rest of the day. At least I hope that is the case and I will be nausea and vomiting free soon.

I also started getting some cramping again today, like I had in the beginning. I hope nothing comes of that. Otherwise, I have been super hungry. I have my 14 week appointment next Wednesday, so I am just hanging on until then.

User Image

kellbell123

Reply by keely1971 » Mar. 21, 2014 12:46am

Tiddlebean, is your midwife keeping track of your weight? Mine's not and just wondering if this is another NZ thing

I've lost 6 kg's since I found out I was pregnant (which when I was 3 weeks pregnant - YIP it was very very very early). Morning sickness was the reason or most of it and even now when I have to eat every 2 hours otherwise I feel sick I get full very very quickly. And I forgot to mention it to my midwife as she didn't ask.....I was too excited to hear our baby's heart beat. Will certainly mention it next time if I haven't put any weight on.

keely1971

Reply by Tiddlebean » Mar. 21, 2014 10:27pm

keely1971 - Yup she is keeping track of my weight, i get weighed, blood pressure and pulse checked each visit.
Do you have a blue book you take with you to each visit? Cos theres a page in there that mine is filling out each time I go - and I know other midwifes down here do the same (my best friends mum is a midwife so i know most of the midwifes down here lol)

She also prods around my tummy to see where my uterus is sitting, and checks the babies heartbeat, and measures my uterus too (tape measure on the belly). Maybe they just like to keep super efficient records down here

Has anyone else felt their baby move yet? I didn't think i would so early, but did for the first time at work on thursday morning. Felt like a mix between butterflies, muscle spasm and gas bubbles....it was so surreal and caught me off guard. It happened once more a couple of minutes later...i will admit I got a few happy tears in my eyes, my co worker saw my face when it happened and she immediately burst into tears (shes a big softie) and said she knew from my face what i was feeling!

Tiddlebean

Reply by Amarylis13 » Mar. 22, 2014 1:58am

Tiddlebean my dr keeps the same records each time too. Im still a bit early butI felt my daughter move around 15 weeks and I'm 13 now so it could be at any moment.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by keely1971 » Mar. 22, 2014 5:14am

Tiddlebean, my midwife does everything the same as your midwife bar the weigh-in. Have the same blue book and everything lol But will talk to her about weight gain/loss next time.

I too have felt little flutters from baby. I think it was probably last Wednesday that I felt it first. Still very unreal to me. Finding it hard to believe that we are still pregnant after 3 losses last year.

Feeling absolutely shattered today for some reason. Probably cause I'm tired. And really really really hungry.

keely1971

Reply by Tiddlebean » Mar. 23, 2014 3:09am

Keely she may not be overly concerned, unless you express concerns, I told my midwife at my first visit i didnt want to be one of those women that gains like 25kgs (i'm maintaining a weight loss of 23kgs and never want to regain that permanently!), she said for my height I should only gain about 10-15kgs as long as it baby gain and not fat then it should come off pretty easy

I do enjoy the positive vibes on this board, I read the message boards on "what to expect" and so many of the women hate their husbands at the moment, or are up at 3am eating pickles covered in sprayable cheese...seems a world away from where I am at the moment! I can't get enough of my husband, as it is while im typing this my feet are on his on the couch, just the closeness helps

User Image

Expecting #1 with Hubby

Tiddlebean

Reply by Amarylis13 » Mar. 23, 2014 3:12pm

Milestone for me !!!!!!!! I made it through the first trimester without having epicfights with my husband or throwing him out. I usually go insane in the first trimester. Lol.
Food is amazing now that I can eat again. A cold glass of milk has never tasted so good. Ive been craving pringle potato chips. According to the dietician scale ive started gaining weight which is absolutely wonderful.
Get to find out on the second if I was just dehydrated or if ny kidneys are weirdnow too. Hopefully I will get to book my 18 week ultrasound then. I ereally want to know if its ivy or ivar in there.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by keely1971 » Mar. 24, 2014 3:04am

Tiddlebean, well done your for maintaining such an awesome weight loss. You must be so proud of yourself. I can totally understand that you don't want to put it back on again.

I put on at least 25kg when I was pregnant with my now 11 year old and since then the scales have been up and down like a yo-yo. What I am now is where I was when I fell pregnant with my now 3 year old and only put on 10kg when pregnant with her. It was after that the problem was, I just kept on eating unwise choices as easy meal while being so tired with a newborn and a 9 year old.

I think this baby is a boy cause I could eat everything in sight at the mo but am consciously trying to keep my eating under control and healthy along with a regular exercise :-)

Amarylis13, well done you and I bet your husband in now breathing again too hehehe. Like you I go a wee bit insane in the early days.....was the reason I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks after my last period cause I totally lost the plot and it made me wonder. My insanity doesn't usually last long but it seems to have resurfaced the past couple of days. I'm loosing the plot over stupid little things and feel totally stupid for it. As my husband kindly say's "You've got a bloody good reason for it hun". Thank goodness he's so understanding :-)

keely1971

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 1, 2014 2:51pm

where did everyone go? Who all has appts coming up?
I should be getting my ultrasound form on weds. Really hoping to book the ultrasound for the end of the month and find out what I am having. I really want to start going through baby stuff/ buying new things. I am really thinking it's a girl my acne is still horrid and I throw up once in a while. 14 weeks for me and I am feeling movement at certain times of day if I am sitting real still.
If it's a boy though I have ALOT of shopping to do. I am really looking forward to formula feeding this time and I will start buying supplies like the bottle sterilizer and warmer after the ultrasound

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by gds4angls » Apr. 2, 2014 12:04am

Woke up early Friday morning with severe abdominal pain on my right side. Woke up DH and he drove me to the ER. Was admitted at 5am. Ultrasound was done to check on baby and see what the problem could be. After lab work and pain meds, I was told that I needed immediate surgery because I have appendicitis.

1st surgery ever in my life. I had never been put to sleep before. Scariest moment of my life. I was wheeled back to the operating room and don't remember much after that. I was supposed to get released Saturday morning but my blood pressure wouldn't come up and I looked horrible so doctor decided to keep me another night. I was able to come home Sunday afternoon.

Procedure was done laparoscopically so I have 3 incisions total. They sent me home with pain medication which helps but it keeps me pretty loopy and having 3 kids at home to tend to isn't easy, especially when DH's work has no sympathy and won't let him have any time off.

LADIES----------------don't ignore your symptoms. I went to bed Thursday night thinking I had just pulled a muscle. The surgeon said that if I would have waited longer to come in that my appendix would have burst and things would have been so much worse.

I see my OB tomorrow since I contacted him to let him know I had surgery. According to the fetal heart tones taken while I was at the hospital, baby is doing fine.

User Image

gds4angls

Reply by Tiddlebean » Apr. 2, 2014 4:02am

Im still around! gds4angls that sounds so scary! I'll never forget the day by then-boyfriend's (now an ex) appendix burst, he reckoned he was fine with the pain and must just be a stomach ache, flash forward to the ER and they said an hour later and he would have died. Glad you're on the mend though, take care and rest up when you can!

Amarylis I have my gender scan all booked for the 15th of april. Husband can't/won't come as thats the week of easter and busy at his work so I'll be finding out the gender then telling him 2 days later for his birthday. Have thought about finding a gender specific onesie and wrapping it up for him or something like that.

Hope you are all well - I'm 17 weeks today and feeling fine and dandy :) Just get a bit tired during the day as I work a minimum of 45 hours a week on my feet all day - definitely looking forward to the maternity leave and the chance to hand the reins over to someone else for 6 months, its tiring growing a baby and running a bakery!

User Image

Expecting #1 with Hubby

Tiddlebean

Reply by kellbell123 » Apr. 3, 2014 12:50am

gds4angls - That sounds so scary! Thank goodness you and the baby are alright! I hope you have a speedy recovery and your OB appointment goes well!

I have an ultrasound next Wednesday to check on the cyst. I will be 16 weeks then. i am wondering if they will be able to see anything regarding the baby's gender. I'm not expecting anything then, but it would be great to have a clue! Otherwise my next appointment is the 23rd, when we will have the full scan and find out the gender for sure. Then the ball will really get rolling!! I am unsure if I want to announce the gender to everyone. I don't want people to assume because it is a girl, she must be decked out in pink, or if it is a boy, he must wear blue. I dislike gender stereotypes (and the color pink, quite frankly). Everyone keeps asking though, so I don't think there is a way around it and I will be forced to announce.

I hope everyone is doing well!

User Image

kellbell123

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 3, 2014 5:11pm

I should be finding out the gender on the 29! My husband is even off that day so I am hoping we can find a babysitter so he can come. He couldn't make it to our daughters scan due to work so I had to tell him over the phone. Still have to keep up with thyroid checks but urine came back fine so I was just dehydrated. Put on 4 pounds in 2 weeks which is amazing since I was losing so much. 15 weeks tomorrow!

kellbell- hope everything is good with the cyst and the baby cooperates. I am so impatient I wish we could afford a private ultrasound to find out sooner

gds4- glad everything is alright! that must have been so scary.

tiddlebean- I wouldn't be able to wait to tell him lol.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by gds4angls » Apr. 3, 2014 7:37pm

OB said incisions look like they are healing nicely. Heart rate was checked and was 143. Have a return appointment April 10th for a gender scan. DH is taking off work April 9-15 so he will be able to come with me. We are officially getting married April 12th!!! Busy week ahead but I'm beyond ready. We've been planning this wedding for 2 years.

User Image

gds4angls

Reply by kellbell123 » Apr. 3, 2014 11:27pm

Wow gds4angls! What an exciting week for you! What a wonderful wedding present to find out the gender of your baby! Congrats!

Amarylis - The first doctor I saw scheduled this ultrasound for 16 weeks simply because that cyst was so large. At my last appointment, they tried to get me to cancel it, saying they could just check on it at my 18 week ultrasound. I said "No way! I want to see that baby every chance I get!!" I guess I just got...lucky?

User Image

kellbell123