Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2014 baby club! - Page 11

Replies (230)

Reply by keely1971 » Apr. 4, 2014 12:30am

Wow, so much has been happening for so many.

gds4 - how scary. Glad both of you are now doing well and that you have an awesome week full of wonderful surprises and celebrations only around the corner.

tiddlebean - I don't think my husband would let me keep that news from him for two days. I would have to ignore every phone call, text, and email...and then he would think something was probably wrong and rush home lol

Well I'm hanging out for our anatomy scan on the 23rd so we can see our baby again and find out is baby is a boy or a girl. I keep on changing my mind about the gender lol.

Been feeling small movements which is just amazing and as this is my last pregnancy I want to remember every single movement :-)

Tummy definitely getting bigger now hehehe

User Image

User Image

keely1971

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 4, 2014 4:18pm

I can FEEL the baby XD not just kicks like I can feel the back and see it move!!! This is exciting since I am 15 weeks but distressing because it shows how much fat I have lost

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by Paolen » Apr. 4, 2014 11:00pm

Hello to everyone! I guess we were all a little bit absent because as second trimester started, we all started to feel better and more secure about our babies.

I am now 17W 5D. I am definitely showing now. My pants dont fit anymore but the belly belt and tummy sleeve have been very useful. I can't fit in my pregnancy clothes yet. I guess it due to mi actual weight wich is a lot less than in my last pregnancy. I started 5 kg less and haven't gained that much.

Baby is moving a lot!! My next appointment with my OB is going to be until I am 20 weeks and I hope we can find out the gender by then.

I am planning to have this time a drug free birth. I had such a bad experience with mi last CSection that I am scared to death! Has anyone thought about this yet? I guess I am going to start looking for a doula that can help me.

Happy weekend to everyone!!!

Paolen

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 4, 2014 11:46pm

Paolen- Good luck! I tried drug free and it was a horrible experience for me last time I was NOT expecting back labour, I didn't stop throwing up, that was also a surprising experience, until I got my epi and I got my epi 6 hours in. I am requesting it immediately this time. I really don't know how women do it with nothing lol they sure are a lot stronger than me.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by Momofonetwo » Apr. 6, 2014 5:43am

Hi ladies! I am due sept 1 with my second boy. I was on the bump prior but the forum was filled with horrible women. I am so happy to have found a spot where the moms, moms to be and mommies trying are so supportive of each other. Look forward to the next few months!

I will be having a repeat csection a week or two prior to due date. I have an anterior placenta so not a whole lot of baby movements yet but little pokes her end there. I'm also in bedrest due to a short cervix and weekly progesterone shots. I have been getting them once a week for about 5 weeks and have increased my cervix by 4cm!!!!!! I am not scared to carry this little guy as long as the progesterone keeps working. Also, colostrum started leaking yesterday. Yay? :/

Hope you are all having wonderful pregnancies so far!

Momofonetwo

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 6, 2014 3:47pm

welcome momofonetwo :)

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by gds4angls » Apr. 6, 2014 7:09pm

I will be 15 weeks tomorrow. 4th child, 5th pregnancy. Have not felt baby move yet but have seen in the ultrasounds lots of moving and jumping. I go on April 10th to find out gender. I'm very eager to find out and really hoping for a girl. I have 3 boys and a stepson. I posted my 13 week ultrasound pic on babycenter and I've had an even # of reviews of boy/girl based on skull theory. I have no idea how to read into any of that - skull theory, nub theory, ramzi.

I'm doing a lot better since my surgery last Friday. It's been over a week and yesterday was the first day that I've went without any pain meds including Tylenol. I'm finally feeling normal. Still taking things slow and easy since I have dissolvable stitches.

April 30, 1998 - 8lbs. 11oz, 21 inches
9 week miscarriage - March 17, 2001
May 31, 2002 - 6lbs. 15oz, 20 inches
October 2, 2003 - 7lbs. 3oz, 20 1/2 inches

User Image

gds4angls

Reply by Momofonetwo » Apr. 8, 2014 1:18am

Had an appt today, def a boy! I have an anterior placenta covering the whole front of my belly and he is facing prosterior (looking at my back) so the doc says this is why I feel hardly any movement. Makes me sad because this is the only thing I was looking forward to being preg (besides a baby being born healthy of course). She said I should start feeling more definite movements in about a month. My dd is still 9/1 but she scheduled my c-section for aug 25. So unless he decides to come earlier aug 25 it is! On a diff note, I was on bar rescue last nt haha. It was so weird to see myself on tv.

Momofonetwo

Reply by kellbell123 » Apr. 10, 2014 1:05am

Welcome Momofonetwo!!

I have had a rough last few days. I guess I came down with some sort of stomach bug and was up every hour last night throwing up. Luckily, I had my appointment today, so I was able to see the doctor. I also managed to keep enough water down for the ultrasound too. My cyst had shrunk by about half, so they are pleased with that. We got a nice look at the baby too. My husband, half joking, asked the tech if it was pink or blue. She moved to get a good view of the butt end and said pretty confidently that it was a girl! That was the feeling I had all along We decided not to tell family until we know for sure at our next ultrasound in two weeks. I'm still undecided about whether I want to tell everyone.

I hope everyone is still doing well!

User Image

kellbell123

Reply by gds4angls » Apr. 11, 2014 5:46am

Recovering from my appendix surgery just nicely. So happy to wake up and not be nauseated and have pain and can finally eat some meals!!

Went to doctor today and after 30 minutes of trying to get baby to uncross its feet so we could see its goods....tech said she was 100% certain we are having a GIRL!!!!

I literally cried!!! We have been trying for 2 years and we have 4 boys ages 16, 12, 12, and 10. We waited a little while until baby straightened legs out and got another potty shot and tech again said it's a girl.

We are so happy!!!

We have had a name picked out since I was seven weeks.....Sabrina Emmeline.

April 30, 1998 - 8lbs. 11oz, 21 inches
9 week miscarriage - March 17, 2001
May 31, 2002 - 6lbs. 15oz, 20 inches
October 2, 2003 - 7lbs. 3oz, 20 1/2 inches

User Image

gds4angls

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 11, 2014 10:40pm

gds4- Girls are wonderful!!!!
Glad to hear you are recovering well.

Nothing new really for me. Movement is still very irregular but when it goes it is very strong. I am hoping for a lazy baby this time. My daughter was hyper right from the get go. Horrible money issues right now. Sometimes living on the one income isn't so nice but hopefully things will bounce back by mid next month. Had a friend make me question why we are friends, I really need to lose people I knew in high school since in different circumstances we would not have become friends.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by kellbell123 » Apr. 18, 2014 2:46am

I met with the high risk doctor today regarding my brain aneurysm. He was very optimistic, but wants me to meet with my neurologist again and have another MRI now that I am pregnant so see if anything has changed. He doesn't anticipate so, but wants to make sure. Based on that, we will discuss our delivery plan. He seems to think I should be able to have a vaginal birth with no problems, but highly suggests an epidural to keep my stress levels down and make it easier on me. I have to monitor my blood pressure until my next appointment with him in 5 weeks. I have been pretty good so far, but if it goes up I will have to take medication to avoid complications with the aneurysm.

Aside from that, we had a full scan today. The baby was super wiggly and the tech got some great shots. All the anatomy looks normal and healthy! The 3D and 4D pictures were so adorable, I nearly cried! This tech also agreed with our last one that our little baby is a girl! My husband seemed a bit disappointed, but hopefully he will realize we can always have another!

As for me, I have been insanely hungry! I just want to eat all the time!

I hope everyone else is doing well. It has been pretty quiet...

User Image

kellbell123

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 18, 2014 5:04pm

kellbell- Thats great that things are going good for you.

For me I had the week from hell but am hopefully finally free from my mil. She crossed the last line my husband had so he is cutting her out of his life. I was on borderline bed rest with my daughter for the whole pregnancy so being mobile this time is new. I am a little upset at not being able to physically do what I used to. I used to walk places 2 km/1.2 miles away and then walk back no problem and then go somewhere else but it's getting hard now. I'm pretty sore afterwards. I am scared to see what it will be like later. A little over a week and then I get to find out gender I can't make up my mind what I think it is so I really want to know. My husband says another girl which would be nice but I don't really get a strong feeling.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by keely1971 » Apr. 19, 2014 4:50am

kellbell123 - glad things are looking positive

I am seriously counting down the days till next Wednesday when we see our baby again and find out the if she's a she or he's a he.

I still can't make up my mind what I think the baby is but I appear to be focusing on girls names....wonder if that is a sign.....only time will tell

But in the mean time I have to go for a GB (gestational diabetes) test on Tuesday morning. I'm drinking between 5-7 litres of water a day when at the beginning of my pregnancy I was having troubles even fitting in the recommended 2 litres a day. I just can't stop drinking.

Plus I constantly have a horrible taste in my mouth and a headache that comes and goes throughout the day. Fingers crossed it's NOT GB.

Having really painful aching knees at night. Plus my sciatic has kicked back in along with aching pubis. Midwife has referred me to the hospital physio so waiting for an appointment.

Apart from that I'm LOVING the kicking, twisting, and turning baby is doing. Wish there was someway to capture the feeling for ever.

How's everyone else doing.

User Image

User Image

keely1971

Reply by keely1971 » Apr. 23, 2014 8:42pm

Well we went for our 20 week anatomy scan yesterday and baby was all curled up so the sonographer could not get all the measurements required.

He was also unable to see what sex the baby is :-( Very disappointing but everything he could see looks all good :-)

Baby is currently weighing in at 432gms which surprised me a little as everything I have read has said baby would be between 260 and 300 gms. Maybe another big baby on the way....my son was 4770gms hehehe.

Now we have to wait until Friday next week to go back for another go.

User Image

User Image

keely1971

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 26, 2014 6:14pm

I have my ultrasound on Tuesday! I can't wait this past week has taken so long. Going to start going through my closets and finding what is trash and what can be sold off so I have room for new baby stuff if needed and just more room in general. I think it's best to get the closets done now while I can still borderline get around. My stomach is huge compared to last time.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by Paolen » Apr. 30, 2014 3:10pm

Hello to everyone! Just wanted to share that we are having a baby boy! We went for an ultrasound last week and saw the baby. Baby is super healthy, measuring normal, everything in place. I must confess that deep inside I wanted a girl but I'm very happy for this baby boy.

The problem now is that we do not have a name. I feel strange not calling him by his name. With my daughter we had the name right away. My husband is German so he wants a German name. I don't like any German names!!! I think this is going to be a nightmare. I live in Mexico so I want a name in Spanish but...we'll see.

As for me, I have been feeling great. I'm starting to gain weight but not that much. I'm sure I won't gain that much this time (25 kg last time!).

Paolen

Reply by Amarylis13 » Apr. 30, 2014 9:04pm

We are having a boy too. His name will be Ivar. He is measuring a full week ahead when he never showed to be real big on other ultrasounds so im not sure what the doctor will have to say this week on that.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by keely1971 » May. 3, 2014 5:52am

Well we went for our follow up 20 week anatomy scan as baby was not co-operative last week. Once again baby was NOT co-operative so we have to go back for a third attempt on the 12th May.

Yesterday at my midwife appointment I talked her about the weight of the baby as is higher than everything I read. She laughingly said "it's like being 100kg when you should only be 75kg". I freaked a bit but as she said, at this stage there I no need to panic. I have not put on weigh myself and I don't have gestational diabetes so my body just knows how to grow big baby's.

Please please please little one behave on the 12th as I really an to know if you are a boy or a girl. I want to start buying some clothes for you.

User Image

User Image

keely1971

Reply by Paolen » May. 6, 2014 6:48pm

Hello to everyone! I am now 22W2D and I'm a little worried about weight gain. ¿How are you all doing with this? I gained 2 kg on the last month (about 4 pounds). I am really scared to continue growing like this. My plan is to gain only 10kg (about 20 pounds). I'm half way there and already gained 5 kg! And I know for my personal experience that the next 3 months are the worst. I am eating super healthy and doing excersise every day. I hope I can stop this terrible weight gain.

Apart from that, I've been feeling great. No bad symthoms at all. The only thing right now is that my husband and I can't decide on a name for our baby boy. My husband is thinking of Martin and I want Emilio. So we'll see who wins jejeje.

Happy week to everyone!

Paolen