Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Anyone else pg after a loss?

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by nmhawes09 » Jul. 24, 2011 10:57pm

Just looking for other ladies that may be pg following a loss (or more than one). I got my BFP this month. This is my 3rd since last July. I had a M/C in August 2010 and another in March 2011. I hoping that this time sticks.
Just wondering how everyone else is coping with the anxiety and worry!

Nicole

User Image

User Image

User Image

nmhawes09

Replies (22)

Reply by BabyBump2 » Jul. 26, 2011 2:14am

Hey there! I had a miscarriage April 4th, 2011 (I was 11 weeks along) and then had to have a D&C following it. We started TTC right after I got my first AF which was May 10th, 2011. This month was our 3rd month trying and I just got my BFP yesterday!!! We are thrilled :) At the same time though.. we are still scared. But I am positive that everything will be okay. It's hard to believe that I am really pregnant with our little Rainbow Baby .. I keep looking at the tests everytime I go into the bathroom, just to make sure I'm not dreaming! Anyway... I think it was definitely meant to be, because : my due date is April 4th, 2012 ... exactly one year to the day that we lost our little Angel Lee! Everything happens for a reason .. and I know I am thankful to have this little one growing inside me. If it wasn't for me losing the last baby .. I would not have this one to love.

Congrats on your BFP!!! We are in the prego club now ;)

Lots of love & luck ... Brittany

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

BabyBump2

Reply by dmpage » Jul. 26, 2011 2:46am

Hello...yes I'm part of this club too. The "never done worrying" club! I've had 3 miscarriages and this is my third pregnancy (two beautiful boys and pregnant with a girl). I can't say anything to you to help except progesterone is your friend! The ironic thing is that even after our babies are born healthy...it's just the "mommy way" to worry. Just use this pregnancy as a dry run! ;-)

They tell me we're having a girl...a sister to her two older brothers? I still don't believe it!!

User Image

pregnancy week by week

dmpage

Reply by joye2e » Jul. 26, 2011 4:54am

Hi ladies!

nmhawes09 - I am so sorry about you losses! I only had one m/c but that was MORE than enough... one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. I m/c in Sept of 2010, took us 8 cycles after that to finally conceive! But we are SO happy to be pregnant again!!
For the first couple weeks all I did was worry that we would loose this one too... I took a total of 7hpts just to "make sure" it still said positive. I started to ease up a bit when I hit 6 weeks, cause I got REALLY nauseous, and eventually ended up throwing up (tho only once so far ) When 7 weeks hit this past weekend the nausea tapered off a bit... I still have it, especially if I dont have something to eat every couple hours, but I like that! It makes me feel like things are okay, cause the bad nause and that never happened last time. Also I never started to show last time, where as I already am now.
I still worry everytime I go to the washroom that there will be blood, but slowly I am becomming a little more confident in my pregnancy. I think I will feel better once I pass the 8 week mark (thats when I m/c'd last time) and once I have my first dr apt!

for us all to have a
Joy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

User Image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

joye2e

Reply by nmhawes09 » Jul. 27, 2011 2:45am

Thanks for the responses ladies! I am constantly checking the TP to make sure there is no blood! I just can't wait to see a heartbeat. I think I will feel a lot better after that.
Last summer I went to the OB with bleeding on a Monday. My first prenatal appt was supposed to be the next Thursday. I'm just dying to get to that first appt since I didn't last time.
Had blood work done on Monday and my HcG level was at 266. That's more than double my max HcG level during my 2nd pregnancy. I'm going back on Thursday for another beta test. Hoping that I've more than doubled by then.
dmpage: I think you're absolutely right. Motherhood is one of the scariest (and most exciting) things ever. It's definitely the "Mommy way" to worry about your baby (no matter how old they get!)

BabyBump2: Your positivity is inspiring. Sometimes I spend so much time worrying and feeling bad about the past rather than enjoying the moment. I started a new job last year so having a newborn during my first year probably would've been tough. Now is definitely a better time!

Joy: So excited for you and your baby bump! Can't wait to show mine off! I've spent the last few years trying to get the pounds off. Now I'm excited to pack them on (well in my belly area anyway!)

You ladies are wonderful! Thanks for the support and feedback!

Nicole

nmhawes09

Reply by Briansgirl » Jul. 27, 2011 5:47am

Nmhawes09: sorry to hear about your losses.
I am 5w4d pg after a mc/d&c in feb.2011. We tried so hard to make it happen this time and I am constantly worried, and just like the other ladies, I expect to see blood everytime I use the washroom. It's hard. Everyday. I'm trying to be happy, but its clouded with worry! We promised eachother we wouldn't tell anybody until after 12wks, b/c it was just too hard to tell everyone we mc'd. I have my 1st appt on aug 12. Is 8wks too early to hear a heartbeat?

Briansgirl

Reply by nmhawes09 » Jul. 27, 2011 3:43pm

Briansgirl: I think you can hear/see a heartbeat sometime in the 7th week. You will most likely hear/see one at your 8 week appt.
Congrats!!

nmhawes09

Reply by GummyBear » Jul. 27, 2011 6:56pm

I am 4w1d pregnant today. I lost my baby girl in March 2011 at 18w3d. I know I have a long way to go to get past that point again, but I am trying to stay positive. Last time we told everyone, but I think this time we are going to stick with immediate family members only until we find out the sex of the baby.

I heard somewhere that you just need to take it one day at a time and stay positive. Look at today as a joyful day because you are pregnant!

Good luck to all you ladies!

GummyBear

Reply by joye2e » Jul. 28, 2011 4:52am

Hi ladies!

Congrats to all!

Briansgirl - I am hoping to hear/see the heartbeat at my first apt on Aug 4th (i'll be 8 and a half weeks) They often cant find the heartbeat without an ultrasound before 10-12 weeks. So dont be too dissappointed/worried if you doc either doesnt try or cant find the heartbeat.

to u all!

User Image

joye2e

Reply by nmhawes09 » Jul. 28, 2011 6:37pm

Got my beta testing done again today. 1184! I'm so freakin' excited!!
I have an appt with an ultrasound on August 9th. Can't come fast enough!!

nmhawes09

Reply by Briansgirl » Jul. 28, 2011 8:31pm

Nmhawes09: wow! Thats almost 5x higher than monday! Congrats!!
Joy: I hope we both get to hear a heartbeat at our 8wk appts!

Briansgirl

Reply by Briansgirl » Jul. 28, 2011 10:51pm

Does anyone know if the dr. will take any extra precautions b/c I've mc before? For example, would it be rediculous to request early ultrasound or at least beta hcg testing at regular intervals so I could see if the level is going up or down? Its just that in my last pg my body didn't start to mc until almost 4wks after my baby passed away and if its going to happen again I would preffer to know as soon as possible! thanx ladies!

Briansgirl

Reply by nmhawes09 » Jul. 29, 2011 12:19am

Briansgirl: When I got pg last summer, I didn't have any testing done since it was my first. In March I went in for beta testing every few days since my levels were rising so slowly. This time I had my HcG levels checked Monday and today. Since it increased a bunch they scheduled my first appt for Aug 9th. I will be 6w2d at that point. I'm scheduled for an u/s and prenatal appt. As far as I know that's pretty early but I'm guessing that they want to check me out sooner because of my last 2 m/cs.
I would recommend calling your OB and asking for whatever testing that you want. This is your body and your pregnancy. Sometimes docs don't have the same sense of urgency as we do. I think you need to be firm with them so that you get your needs met!
Keep us updated!

nmhawes09

Reply by Briansgirl » Jul. 29, 2011 8:36pm

Nmhawes09: I asked for more monitoring in my last pg, but doc thought it was unnecesary, new doc this time and I am definately going to be more insistent! Thanx sweety! Excited to hear how your apt. goes as well!
Joye2e: I just had an epiphany and realized your the same joy from ctp! (Hence the e2e, right?... Duh!) Im such an airhead sometimes! Lol! Happy to run into you over here! Hope all is well!

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsFaith » Jul. 30, 2011 1:44am

Wow! Isnâ??t it amazing that these websites can put us all together? Iâ??ve had several miscarriages, with my last one in 2008. I have 5 beautiful babies in heaven but this one I pray is staying with me!! I have the same fears as you and check every time I wipe or every time I have a small cramp I wonder. But PRAYER is a powerful tool and I believe in the power of prayer. Who knows even by the time Iâ??m 30 weeks Iâ??ll still have a murky shadow of doubt. That probably wonâ??t ever go away with any woman whoâ??s had a m/c. Itâ??s a wonderful thing to have other ladies to talk to and to discuss our fears and questions with. I pray all of you have a wonderful pregnancy and a full term baby!!

MrsFaith

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 1, 2011 12:37am

So, I found out that the maternity group I am going to has one of those mini ultrasound machines in their office so I can see my little jellybean and hear the heartbeat EVERYTIME I go in!!! So excited for my 1st appointment!
How are u ladies doing?

Briansgirl

Reply by joye2e » Aug. 10, 2011 4:35pm

Hi ladies!

Sorry its been a while!

briansgirl - LoL, yep same joy! Hence the e2e

AFM -I am super paranoid right now...I started spotting yesterday There wasnt a ton (tho enough to make me worry) and it wasnt bright red, just kinda brownish (sorry if thats tmi!) There was nothing on the tp when I wiped tho. & today there doesn appear to be any more so far. I called my doc and left a message on his machine (dont think he is in today) and told him, and asked what I should do. Bed rest? Go in and see him asap? Have him book me an u/s asap? Go to the er? (thought that would be a bit of an over reaction) I have no idea! So now I am just taking it easy until he calls me back. Looks like bed rest for me today!

Hope everyone is doing well!

User Image

joye2e

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 5:14pm

Awww joy, so sorry to hear u r spotting! I dont think er would be overkill @ all! They have all the machines and labs to diagnose asap! I came to er with just cramping, then noticed spotting after I got here. Same as you, not red, brown and kinda flaky. Just left the ultrasound where the tech said the embryo measures about 5 wks. Still waiting to see a doc for the diagnosis. Praying your spotting stays away! And totally, relax! Bed rest until u can get in to see someone and figure out what is going on. Good luck hun!

Briansgirl

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 6:06pm

So, the gestational sac measures 5wks 4days, there is no visible fetal pole or yolk sac. The dr is still hopeful though. He is sending me for another hcg count, progesterone count and another u/s. I'm praying we see progress!! One thing that confuses me is gestational age calculation. If they measure gestational age from lmp then I should be 7wks 4days. If we go from o day I should be 5wks today. I get all the tests done and get my results friday @ my 1st ob appt. Please ladies, pray for my baby!!!

Briansgirl

Reply by joye2e » Aug. 13, 2011 12:44am

went for an u/s today... baby only measured 8 weeks, not 10 like it should, and there was no heartbeat.

So I will be leaving cmp and heading back to ctp... hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancies.

User Image

joye2e

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 13, 2011 2:11am

I'm so sorry joy. my condolences to you and your dh. I'm for you both.

Briansgirl