Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Has anyone lost a friend due to pregnancy?

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by DakiLynn » Jan. 27, 2014 9:13pm

Just wondering how any of you dealt with losing a friend due to being pregnant?

DakiLynn

Replies (4)

Reply by Amarylis13 » Jan. 28, 2014 5:47pm

Most of friends drifted away when I became pregnant and it went full term. For a while I was lonely but then I realized the circumstances I usually saw these friends under, most of the time booze. I also have friends with some fertility issues I haven't lost them but I give them their space since I understand they could be upset. I have had to reach out to mother communities on facebook to meet others in my area. Normally people either need to have a close bond to be true friends or be in the same life situation. Now that I have new people to talk to I am no longer lonely and have been able to move on from losing the other people I knew.
Basically if the friendship ends because you are now a mom it wasn't a true friendship anyway.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by DakiLynn » Jan. 29, 2014 1:15am

Thanks, I found your reply helpful. This feels like it should be harder than it is. My best friend lashed out on me because I wouldn't let her in when I got the news that I was possibly miscarrying. It was a very stressful time, it would be my second miscarriage in four months. I wasn't even talking to my own mother, and I am very close with my mom. My mom said she knew I would talk when I was ready and my best friend freaks out on me for shutting her out and is on her high horse. It really surprised me that she wasn't as supportive as I thought she would be. I guess I will have to find a new friend. I'm glad this website is here and there are so many great women going through the same thing.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DakiLynn

Reply by Amarylis13 » Jan. 29, 2014 2:34am

wow I am so sorry she did that.

User Image

Amarylis13

Reply by DakiLynn » Feb. 2, 2014 2:12am

Yeah I am too. It was really surprising. I guess when the going gets tough you get to see who your real friends are. Hope everything's going well with you! :)

DakiLynn