Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

40-something moms!!!

Category: General - Pregnancy Buddies/Groups
Posted by airiesing » Jul. 30, 2011 6:29pm

hey ladies! Hope you don't mind that I am "following" all of you. Since I am a "mom over 40" I'm hoping to get to know you & share our joys & concerns of "a certain age"......Do you think I could fit any more quotation marks in this statement?????

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Replies (4)

Reply by dmpage » Jul. 31, 2011 9:51pm

Hiya aries....nice to see you "over here"! (note the quotes?!) I'm 37 but an older Mama nonetheless and look forward to hearing about your pregnancy here! The first trimester in particular is tough but a true blessing! Here's to us...older Mommies!

They tell me we're having a girl...a sister to her two older brothers? I still don't believe it!!

User Image

pregnancy week by week

dmpage

Reply by airiesing » Aug. 2, 2011 11:32am

Thanks there lady!!! Yesterday was rough, had some spotting so I had to get to the doc. He scanned me & he confirmed that there was no active bleeding but he dated me a little earlier than my math puts me (by 3 days) & it's so early he couldn't see much at all which worries me but I understand at this point. I just wish I was FEELING more! This lack of symptoms thing is really freaking me out! Again, it's early, but with the whole age thing and the "less than viable eggs" thing they drill into your head at this age, ugh! Funny, with DD I never worried....I was 38 at the time, you'd think I still would have but I think the fact that we weren't "trying" with her & I hadn't done all the reading and spending time in the TTC world, I was just less aware than now *sigh* Guess I'll just keep on pluggin, all ya can do!

Peace out!!
Erika

and

airiesing

Reply by dmpage » Aug. 2, 2011 12:08pm

I hear ya! "Information is power"?? More like "Information is crippling"!! I've had three pregnancies that "made it" (or at least this one we're 24 weeks) but also three losses. For what it's worth, my losses came on suddenly and obviously. I know every circumstance is different but I would take what the docs say to heart that you're not actively bleeding. Record your Betas and ask for another test in a couple days. I think maybe you're just at that stage where there's commonly some residual bleeding from stretching capillaries or standard "should be having AF" type stuff. You've got a healthy pregnancy under your belt...always a good thing!! Stay positive and like you say...keep on pluggin'!!!

dmpage

Reply by airiesing » Aug. 3, 2011 11:37am

did some more reading......man, I wish I hadn't!

airiesing