Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

April Babies!!! The Final Chapter

Category: Due Date Clubs - April
Posted by allioak » Apr. 9, 2012 4:37pm

Let's finish out our pregnancies and discuss being new mommies over here!

allioak

Replies (61)

Reply by allioak » Apr. 9, 2012 4:39pm

Danielle: Thank you for sharing your story. It is good to know how induction can work or not work, and about water breaking! I won't let the scary part get to me :) I'm so glad your baby boy is here!! What a big boy! No wonder you had so much trouble progressing originally, he just didn't want to move out!

allioak

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 9, 2012 4:54pm

Camp... congrats! My 1st born was 9.10 lbs and I wished they'd cut me open. My recovery with her was long and drawn out.
Afm... today is my due date and contractions are still bhc. Sometimes I'll have a good pattern going then they stop and become erratic again :/. I did and still do things to speed things along so hopefully this means less time in the hospital. I'm really hoping for no cervadil or pitocin this time around. I've been having little talks with baby about how I want him to come out asap and hubby also have his little tap and poke at the belly and say crazy stuff like "come out already... your mother is getting pissed off at me" lol... but yeah... still miserable and waiting.

kawaimichiko

Reply by klekle02 » Apr. 9, 2012 8:41pm

Hi girls!

Camp: What a crazy story. Sounds awful. :( I know everyone's birth story is different so I know not to let it freak me out. I am sorry it was such a bad experience for you. :( BUT happy that you and baby are fine now!! YAY!!!

Alli-I have an apt Wed also to check progress. The last time I was in he said baby hadn't dropped at all. I can tell he still hasn't dropped. It sounds like your body is onthe right path to a nice delivery.

Kaw: hang in there. I am with you on talking to him through my belly. I keep trying to convince him that he wants to come out and meet us and how much fun we will have. It doens't seem to be working, ha! :)

klekle02

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 10, 2012 4:37am

I stopped the persuading talking. More of ordering now. lol. Neither way seems to be working. I am fully expecting to go 42 weeks at this point and my due date isn't until friday.

Amarylis

Reply by JLMarks » Apr. 10, 2012 6:01am

Hey ladies. I'm sorry i've been mia.

Ladies you are almost there. Easier said than done of course.

As for me I have been mia. Last week I had an absess(sp) caused by an ingrown hair(debating ever shaving down there again). I had to call in sick Monday and Tuesday finally Tuesday they did sugery thank God they did this without all the medicine for regular surgery. I got sent home around 9.45pm. I really needed fried chicken so we stopped and got kfc. Got home put on my yoga pants and my water broke. I seriously just stood there and called my husband. He was like oh my God we're having a baby. Called my doctor told them I just left and they said hurry back. Got there and went through the contractions fine until they started pitocin. Got my epidural because of the pain fron contraction and the surgery. Well long story short. I pushed for an hour at 11am had lochlan at 12 exactly. The cord was wrapped around his body, his neck and in a knot. He is fine now. Lots of facial bruising that breaks my heart and we are still dealing with jaundice. He got out of the hospital Sunday and we had blood test today and more tomorrow. It has been interesting and fun. We are so happy and in love. Lochlan was 3 weeks early weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces and was 21 3/4 inches. Doctor was happy to see him early.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your stories soon. Congrats imacamp!

JLMarks

Reply by Roxanne » Apr. 10, 2012 10:01am

Jl- wow sounds hectic! But u must be relived its finally over and ur baby is here..I am so happy for u.I have just 9days to go for my scheduled c-sec... I am enjoying being on leave, but I can't seem to rest, nesting in full swing. Moving furniture and doing washing! I know I shud be resting but I can't help myself...lol... All the best to the rest of u ladies...

Roxanne

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 10, 2012 5:54pm

JL... congrats girlie!! Sounded like it was quite the night for you. Glad Lochlan is doing great. Good thing he came out when he did and everything happens for a reason.
Afm... still nothing. Insomnia is going full swing probably because no sleeping positions are comfortable anymore. I have plenty pillows but none worked. The recliner only lasted so long. My crotch still feel like it's got a permanent bruise. My hips are probably falling off soon and my whole back hurts up to my shoulder. Talk about not wanting to put on underwear at all. My nipples has been itching a lot more lately too.

kawaimichiko

Reply by allioak » Apr. 10, 2012 7:16pm

Hey girls been in the hospital all day because I thought my water may have been leaking, and 2 tests later after the first test failed they realized I was right so just got into my room and waiting to meet my nurse! Water broke 16 hours ago I'll keep you updated :) just to let you know I had no gush and just watery discharge just different than my regular discharge. So if you have any suspicions get checked!!

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! I'm assuming I'll be induced which I didn't want but no contractions going so we will see.

Eeeeeek!

allioak

Reply by MontyMoe » Apr. 10, 2012 7:23pm

Yeah Allison so excited for you! Keep us updated, good luck everything is going to go great.

MontyMoe

Reply by klekle02 » Apr. 10, 2012 9:03pm

OMG Allison!! GOOOOD LUUUUCK. Please keep us posted. Soooo happy for you! :)

JL: Great to hear your story. I bet that fried chicken gave you the energy you needed to push for an hour, haha. I agree that everything happens for a reason and you weren't supposed to carry that baby past when you did since he was already 8lbs. I hope you are enjoying your time home with him.

klekle02

Reply by klekle02 » Apr. 10, 2012 9:20pm

Here is Alli's Tally from a while back on our due dates so we can see who is left!

JK: Apr 1:Sweet Baby has joined the world
Imacamp: Apr 2 Sweet Baby has joined the world
Kawa: Apr 9
Amarylis: Apr 13
JL: Apr 21:Sweet Baby has joined the world
Klekle: Apr 21
Alli: Apr 24: In labor

Who's next???

klekle02

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 10, 2012 10:26pm

geez now you have me worried about the discharge I have been having! I'm too scared to go to my hospital though. Haven't had good experiences with doctors this entire pregnancy.

So to make matters better I finally got my iron pills last week. Since then I have been having dizzy spells. So good I stumbled into the wall today. I had no dizzy spells before the pills. Called a nurse and got brushed off. Nurse at the hospital I have to go to to give birth I have to add.
I found the ingredients in the pills and in these pills is something I know I react to in soap. So I had my doctor call me and now I'm advised to not take the pills and just stick to the pre natals because I am most likely reacting.

Amarylis

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 10, 2012 11:42pm

Wow... so far april babies like to come early except for mine.
Amarilys... so sorry that your health provider has been sucking this whole pregnancy. I can assure you that if I was your nurse you'd be well taken care of. Not all of us are sadistic bitches.
Alli... goodluck girlie! Hope to hear some progress soon.

kawaimichiko

Reply by ImACamp » Apr. 11, 2012 1:22am

Amaryllis - totally sucks. I am taking vitron c for my iron. I get totally weak if I don't take it.

Kaw - my baby was late. I totally get how you feel, though. Hoping your bundle comes really soon :)

ImACamp

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 11, 2012 3:40am

just got back from the hospital. Baby wasn't moving too much and I was still feeling damp so I went in. Had one of those stress tests.
I am having real contractions but they arn't good enough to be classified as active labor. So this weird ache has been contractions all along.
I'm not leaking fluid but baby takes up all the room so I don't have that much. Not "low" but don't have great big amounts. Baby's head is so low that they can't check my cervix easily because somehow baby's head is infront of my cervix. No cervical changes from last appt though.

Verdict is I could pop in the next few days.

Amarylis

Reply by klekle02 » Apr. 11, 2012 4:21pm

Congrats Alli!!!

Amarylis: I will be sending popping vibes your way and hope this baby comes soon for you.

I had a Dr apt this am and had shown no progress but the dr has scheduled my induction for April 17th. He said my conditions are favorable for an induction. I may still go into labor on my own though anyway.

klekle02

Reply by allioak » Apr. 11, 2012 5:39pm

Amarylis: I'll be thinking of you to get into active labor ASAP!

Here is my quick birth story: So much happened so quickly!

Gabriella was 6 lb 15 oz, 20" long. Waited till 7cm to have my epidural, then it didn't fully work, they were about to do it again but realized I was ready to push!! Luckily once she moved further down the birth canal the area that wasn't affected by the epi didn't hurt as bad! They let me go natural till 6cm but due to the lack of time before 24 hours completed after the waters first broke they had to use picocin. When I was ready to push my contractions slowed a bit but luckily after 5 sets they were back to 1-2 minutes! Pushed less than 30 minutes and she was out. Her hand came with her head and caused a slight tear and they were worried about her for infection and her left hand not moving for awhile but now she seems perfect! She latched on and fed at 4 am but is completely asleep every hour I've tried since 7am. They think she is just sleeping the trauma of birth off and should be smooth and running perfectly after today! I'll post pictures soon!

allioak

Reply by Amarylis » Apr. 11, 2012 8:29pm

Good your little girl is doing good!

Amarylis

Reply by kawaimichiko » Apr. 11, 2012 10:35pm

Alli... congrats! Can't wait to see pics ;D

Afm... the hubby told me that him going to the Spurs game tomorrow night will put me into labor lol... I really hope so! I have my appt tomorrow and doc will strip my membrane again and talk induction :(

kawaimichiko

Reply by jkg9510 » Apr. 12, 2012 3:12pm

Congrats Allison! She's beautiful!

Kle- I'm crossing my fingers you go into labor on your own, but induction is not so bad, the end result is amazing either way!!

Kaw- come on little baby! Whenever dh would go out toward the end of my pregnancy I would say "BUT WHAT IF I GO INTO LABOR?!" off course that never happened for me but I'm really hoping it works for you!

Georgia has been giving us little gas smiles for the last few days and I'm so antsy for the real thing! We tried to give her her first bottle of pumped milk last night...FAIL. she will suck but then realizes its ROOM TEMPERATURE (how dare I!!) and not Mommy's temperature and spits it all out. What a diva. Last night at her 3 am feeding I had her diaper off and was wiping her butt. All of a sudden she scrunched up, grunted, and the next thing I know everything is covered in poop. My hands, the changing table, clothes in her hamper next to the changing table, even a dresser 4 feet away from her little butt. That thing is a weapon. I'm traumatized.

jkg9510