Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

MC'd in this week in my last pg...

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by Briansgirl » Aug. 6, 2011 8:56pm

Hi ladies! 7wks1day pg today! In my last pg I mc'd in the 7th week, but didnt know until the 11th week. I'm so scared that something will go wrong again and I'm freaking out at every cramp and twinge! I have an appt in 6days, but I can't stop worrying that it'll bring bad news. I dont want my db to worry, so I'm trying to not let it show that I'm worried. Anyone else crying on the inside?

Briansgirl

Replies (30)

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 7, 2011 12:47pm

*hug*

I understand the terrified feeling. All my losses were much earlier, but every twinge, every lack of symptom makes me a little crazy and scared. Every time I get up to go to the bathroom I'm afraid there will be blood. So far everything looks fine. I'm 8 weeks 4 days and have had 2 scans already, but I'm still frightened.

I know that wasn't words of encouragement, and I'm sorry. Just try to trust in your body, and I'll be praying for you! What helps me calm down, especially in the middle of the night is to pray for the health and safety of my babies, almost like a chant, it's a little weird, but it helps. I know there is very little you can control, so this is my "control."

Best of luck and I'm confident everything will be fine!!!

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 7, 2011 6:28pm

Thank you MrsBrower! I know its normal to worry, but sometimes I feel downright nutty! It helps to know im not the only 1 and I have someone rootin for me- it means a lot! Thanx again.
Congrats on your pg, I have my fingers crossed for a happy & healthy 9mos for you as well!

Briansgirl

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 3:02am

So, I'm sitting @ the hospital in the emerg wait room. I have been cramping everyday since before I got my bfp and wanted to get checked out b/c I thought by 7wks it should have stopped. Well, I just used the washroom and saw blood! Still waiting to see a dr, but im sooo scared! I know there is some percentage of pg that have spotting and bleeding and still go full term and produce healthy babies, but I just don't feel thats my luck. I think my baby died and now I have to sit in this waiting room until the dr confirms it. I will post again after I see a dr and find out what is going on.

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 10, 2011 3:24am

I'm praying for you... I just got back from the ER myself, so far we are OK, doesn't mean it's not terrifying.

I really hope everything is alright with your baby (and mine too, forgive me for being selfish) You are in my thoughts and prayers!

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 4:45am

O no! So sorry to hear! Forgive me for being nosey, but what brought u 2 the hospital? Glad to hear you are ok, for now. I pray it stays that way!
Afm: still waiting to see someone. They took blood and urine samples, now I wait. The spotting seems to have stopped for now, hopefully for good! Keep me posted please?

Briansgirl

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 5:48am

So blood results are: I'm rh+ and my beta levels are 19608. They have ordered an u/s and if I dont get an appt time by 2pm 2mrw I'm supposed to phn them. I'm not cramping at the moment and the spotting seems to have stopped so I'm trying to remain hopeful. Gonna do my best to relax til I get the call. G'nite.

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 10, 2011 12:32pm

Phew! I'm glad it stopped for you. The RH + thing can cause bleeding I heard, but there's a shot you can get, I think. (it's not something I've been through, but I did a lot of googling about bleeding in early pregnancy.)

Me... I started gushing blood while making dinner. I had an ultrasound and bloodwork and urine, bloodwork came back great, I didn't get a number but it was over 200,000. Which is good... Both twins had good heartbeats 166 and 170 and both on target for their gestational age. They said it was a Subchorionic hematoma, I guess it's "resolving" itself, by bleeding. So it just needs to be watched, I guess. *sigh* At least we got to see them again and get another picture. ;)

Good luck to you!!!! Keep us posted!

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 6:25pm

So, the gestational sac measures 5wks 4days, there is no visible fetal pole or yolk sac. The dr is still hopeful though. He is sending me for another hcg count, progesterone count and another u/s. I'm praying we see progress!! One thing that confuses me is gestational age calculation. If they measure gestational age from lmp then I should be 7wks 4days. If we go from o day I should be 5wks today. I get all the tests done and get my results friday @ my 1st ob appt. Please, pray for my baby!!!
How are you doing today?

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 10, 2011 9:21pm

*PRAYING REALLY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* (God is going to be so sick of me... I was non stop on the way to the hospital last night...)

Are you sure about your ovulation date? That could be throwing things off a bit. I'm lucky to know exactly because we used meds...

That's a good sign the Doctor is hopeful, usually they try to brace you for the worst if they think that's what's coming. So TRY (okay, yeah, totally impossible) to relax and stay positive. Did you already go for your blood work or do you get that Friday too? That's a really good indication, especially if they run the HCG over a few days, to make sure your numbers are going up. If they are going down... :/ Are you on progesterone or anything to help maintain the pregnancy? I'm on it for the next month or whenever my new OB says to stop. :P

Me... I'm doing much better. Saw my doctor, saw the babies, they are measuring well with good heartbeats and he assures me that I'm not miscarrying, but I do have to watch it, and expect more bleeding through the first trimester. *sigh* Oh well, I'd rather be "one of those bleeders" than loose them.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, please, please, please keep us updated and think happy thoughts. I'm sending good vibes to your belly... it may feel like hunger or a craving for cheesedoodles. Just so you know. ;)

MrsBrower

Reply by dmpage » Aug. 10, 2011 10:03pm

Awww man! Now I'm craving cheesedoodles!! Mrs. Bower is right! Think happy thoughts and hang on for the ride, my dear! It doesn't help that your last m/c happened around this time. I know, I held my breath until I had passed the point of each of my m/cs. I agree that if the doctors aren't grooming you for a worst case scenario, that's a good sign.

Will keep you in my prayers!

dmpage

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 10:08pm

I'm pretty sure about my o date b/c I was charting bbt. Also, I got my bfp 10dpo, so it probably wasnt later than I thought. (I think it was CD18, july 4) I asked the dr today about testing progesterone levels since I mc'd once before- only 6mos ago. I read that 15 or higher is good but 10 or less indicates non-viable pg. If it turns out my levels are low would it be to late to start taking supplements?
I had hcg blood work done in my 4th wk (787) and again yesterday- 7th week (19608) that calculates a doubling time of 4.95 days. I read that after reaching 1000 doubling may only happen every 4days and the higher the levels the slower the doubling time. I guess I will find out for sure within the next week. Right now, still cramping but the spotting never came back. Im able to rest right now since (luckly) I booked vacation for this week, but come monday im due back at work! If they measure gestational age by lmp then what use is knowing o date? (Other than concieving of course!) Doesnt the dating u/s usually end up changing the date anyway? Is it just more reliable to go by o day? B/c if I went by my o day the gestational sac measurement would be accurate, not small.???
I'm so relieved to hear your babies are both well!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a happy and healthy 9mos!

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 10, 2011 10:41pm

It's weird, what they do, is use the o date if you have it and then pretend your period started exactly 2 weeks before for counting purposes, lol. There was a little confusion with the u/s tech I saw last night, because I couldn't remember when my lmp started, but I could tell her that I was 8 wks 6 days, because I count each week on the wednesday, because my IUI/ o date was a Wednesday though it was actually LESS that two weeks after my lmp (yey meds!) does that make sense? Weeks one and two of your pregnancy you weren't pregnant at all, it's more for people with perfect cycles, not us regularity challenged. ;) (I had PCOS and would ovulate late... anywhere from cd 19 to cd60... it was ugly)

If the pregnancy is still active, I don't see why you couldn't start progesterone now, it wont hurt, just increase your numbers. I'm on 100 mg 2x daily (insert) and it's keeping my numbers 'normal' I started it the night after my IUI because we knew I had a luteal phase defect due to low progesterone, I had all the markers... did you have tail end brown bleeding after your periods? That's one of the big signifiers, though not the only one and it doesn't necessarily mean you have low progesterone, but its another reason to ask.

According to the chart they gave me at the ER last night, weeks 6-8 HCG levels can safely range from 15,000-200,000 so you are on the low end of normal, but you are in the right range, so that's great! (I'm over 200,000, but I've got twinnies brewing and was on extra meds).

SO. You have reason to remain hopeful... I'm hoping for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and cheesedoodles are amazing. I may need to send hubby to the store. ;)

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 10, 2011 11:47pm

Wow, thanx for all the info mrsbrower! So based on that I'm not going to let a 2wk discrepancy worry me, or at least try not to.
Thanx dmpage for your response!
Now, maybe its b/c I'm in Canada, but I've never heard of cheesedoodles!?

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 11, 2011 12:19am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.cheezdoodles.com/default.htm

Okay, so that's the name brand cheesedoodle. I eat most any atomic orange colored puffed corn snack with a high sodium content: Cheesy poufs, Cheese curls.... there is even an organic all natural cheese flavored corn snack that the local healthfood store sells if I'm feeling guilty about the chemical junk factor. :)

And yeah, at this point, just wait it out a few days. You'll have more answers Friday. Just stay positive!!! And get yourself some nasty unhealthy cheese pouf! lol. (wow, this is turning into a really bad craving...)

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 11, 2011 1:19am

Lol! Thanks! We have cheesies and cheetos- similar maybe?
I had a gush of bright red blood, no clots. Then it stopped! This not knowing whats going on is killing me! I have been doing a lot of reading and even have a friend who has been bleeding most of her pg and is now 18wks- lots of info says chances are things are ok. Especially if it starts and stops on its own. I feel like I will be holding my breath until friday!

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 11, 2011 1:05pm

ah! Cheetos, yea, that's about the same, but cheesedoodles are poufed up more.

That sounds exactly like what happened to me. They said it was a subchorionic hemorage, that was resolving itself. I still had a tiny bit of blood in my uterus yesterday but my doctor wasn't very concerned. It's better when they fix themselves like that because there are worse complications if they grow.

The doctors also told me I'm just one of those bleeders. Some girls just bleed more, I guess. *sigh* I'm feeling hopeful for you!!!! I can't wait to find out what they say tomorrow. :)

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 11, 2011 3:57pm

If it is a subchorionic hemorage, would they have seen that on the u/s? I never bled in my 1st pg and only bled in my 2nd about 4wks after I m/c'd. I went back to the er b/c of the red blood and they ran another hcg- the level has gone up since yesterday! From 19608- 24500. They tested my progesterone but didnt get the results back before they sent me home, I will hafta wait until friday to find out now.
Thank you for all your advice and concern throughout this all, it means a lot!
How are you feeling today?

Briansgirl

Reply by MrsBrower » Aug. 11, 2011 5:44pm

*Happy wiggle baby dance!!!!!!!!!!!* an HCG increase is definitely a good thing!

If it was a that sort of hemorage, they may or may not have seen it. The tech didn't see mine at first, and by the time I went to the doctor yesterday, he didn't see anything but a tiny little bit of blood left which he didn't find until he went looking for it.

BUT, if they didn't see any more blood, that's good. Are you still bleeding or did it stop again? I had a little more spotting yesterday, but nothing so far today, thank God. But, like I said, the doctor tells me to expect more. *sigh* oh well, as long as the babies are doing good.

Other than that, I'm just tired today. I meant to give myself a day off, but then that turned into an excuse to catch up on stuff I haven't been keeping up with. Ugh. I think I am going to find my dent in the sofa and stay there with a little yarn for awhile though. :)

I'm soooooo glad things are looking better for you. I keep checking this constantly for updates!

MrsBrower

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 11, 2011 10:25pm

No more spotting or bleeding until about 5min ago when I used the w/r (for about the 8th time today) there was some dark red blood, but only on the t.p. No cramping so far today, 1st day in at least 5 wks! I have been reading lots today and found some success stories, but with my combo of symptoms (cramps, bleeding, no visible fetal pole or yolk sac) I'm losing hope. I fear blighted ovum. Best case scenario I lost a twin, but twins dont really run in my family. I HATE this whole bed rest thing! I'm a high energy person and I have an 8yr old @ home. DB is at work all day so I'm just laying around fearing the worst, but trying to keep a smile on my face for my wonderful son, who has been so understanding and accomodating! Bless his little heart. I just keep praying to god that we will have a miracle and everything will be ok. U and your twins are in my prayers. Try to rest as much as possible.

Briansgirl

Reply by Briansgirl » Aug. 13, 2011 12:32am

So hcg went up a bit, not as fast as it should be though. Was 19608 on the 9th, 24438 on the 10th, 26024 today- the 12th. Haven't got the progesterone results, they say it could take up to 2 wks b/c they have to be sent out of province. The maternity dr. suggested to not convince myself of one thing or the other, at least until my next u/s on wed. She did an u/s with the portable machine and said the sac is still in there, for now. Wow. What a rollercoaster ride! I'm prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best!
Hows things on your end? Absolutely wonderful, I hope!

Briansgirl