Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

BYOB - Valentine's 2015 Babies! - Page 8

Replies (158)

Reply by Ameejo22 » Jul. 22, 2014 2:39am

Judy and Kat so glad to hear that everything is going soo good!

Today i had a Doc appt. and we got to hear the heart beat it was soo amazing. It was at 170 and sound so strong!

Ameejo22

Reply by MrsRabren » Jul. 29, 2014 1:24pm

I'm a little late joining the party, but so happy to be here! I recognize a few from the other side (hi JustKatS! So glad to see you here!). My EDD is February 14 so possibly a Valentine's baby :) My first prenatal appointment is tomorrow morning so I guess I'll get an official date then.

Oh, an introduction.....my name is Carrie, DW is April. We conceived at home using a known donor on our fifth month. We have been together for 8 1/2 years, had a commitment ceremony in 2007. I'm hoping yesterday's federal court ruling will be put in effect soon (we live in Virginia where just yesterday the court ruled it unconstitutional to deny marriage equality, yay!). Being married in the eyes of the government would alleviate most legal issues we would otherwise face as parents.

Anyway, glad to have found you ladies to go through this with. I'll be happy when this morning/all day sickness disappears. How's everyone else feeling?

Me (37), DW (33) Together since 2/2006
5th month ttc with known donor =

User Image

MrsRabren

Reply by Ameejo22 » Aug. 8, 2014 5:23pm

to you Carrie!

I was wondering if anyone else has lost wait through thier first trimester? I've lost over 10lbs. and i feel like i'm eatting all the time.

Ameejo22

Reply by kmuffmyrt » Aug. 21, 2014 1:33am

Hi ladies!!
Kim here!
I still check this forum from time to time even though it's slowed quite a bit. I understand though, it's hard to stay connected everyday! I am 15 weeks exactly.

Gina-In response to the weight loss, I did lose about 5 pounds in the first trimester, I was really nauseous and couldn't eat very much. Hope you're doing well!

To Carrie (if you're still here ) Hi, congrats, and welcome! Excited to see a new joiner! And hopefully your morning sickness has gone away by now.

I hope those that still check in are happy and healthy! I'll be around to check activity and post until the bitter end, so I hope there will still be ladies watching/posting!

kmuffmyrt

Reply by MrsRabren » Aug. 24, 2014 2:02am

Yes, I'm still here. Glad to see someone else is too! Thankfully the nausea has subsided for the most part. Just some aversions lingering. Oh, and since I'm "advanced maternal age" and had to draw blood for a plethora of tests, they offered to also run a gender test. We're having a girl and are thrilled!!!

MrsRabren

Reply by kmuffmyrt » Aug. 25, 2014 3:09pm

Yay!! A girl! What wonderful news! You must be so excited. How did they run the gender test? My office won't be able to tell me the gender until 20 weeks. I had an ultra sound during week 14 and I wonder if the tech knew then... I'd be so happy for a girl and my husband would just melt if it were a boy.

Do you have any names picked out?

I am stuck at home sick with a cold. I've been sick for like three days straight, it's much harder to deal with when you can't take decongestants.

Hope all is well with you ladies!

kmuffmyrt

Reply by MrsRabren » Aug. 25, 2014 10:22pm

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I think I must've jinxed myself saying the nausea was gone. I almost didn't make it to the bathroom in time this morning. It hit so fast. Hopefully it was a fluke and I can go back to feeling better. I certainly hope you do as well!

The gender test was done through a blood test. It's a new process, I think in the last 2 or so years. I think most of the time it's done through a private company but our doctor knew we were very anxious to find out. So when they drew blood to test for down syndrome (I'm 37 so part of routine testing) they said they could do gender prediction if we wanted. I never knew that was even possible! But apparently they can separate the small amount of fetal blood from the mother's to check DNA. Starting in the 10th week it's 99% accurate and mine was done at about 11 1/2. Crazy stuff, huh?

MrsRabren

Reply by MrsRabren » Aug. 25, 2014 10:23pm

Oh, and her name is Marjorie Alice after our 2 grandmothers :)

MrsRabren

Reply by kmuffmyrt » Aug. 27, 2014 2:09am

Marjorie Alice is just perfect! That's so awesome that they can predict the gender with the blood, I had no idea! That stinks about your surprise toilet time, I hate it when that happens. My doctor prescribed me something called...actually I have no idea what its called, but its "supposed" to stop nausea. I'm beginning to think nothing will stop this crazy baby from making me sick. Just keep repeating "it'll be worth it in the end". that's what I do.

My friend just stopped by who is also having a girl in about 6 weeks so we were chatting about birthing plans, she thinks I'm crazy for trying to go "natural" only time will tell if I can actually accomplish this... I tend to have a low pain threshold. lol

Hope all is well!

kmuffmyrt

Reply by MrsRabren » Aug. 27, 2014 8:16pm

I'd like to think I will have a natural birth but who knows. I won't beat myself up if I cave but really hope I can hold out!

It seems like the other day was a fluke. I've been feeling pretty good yesterday and today. How are you? Any relief yet from the cold?

MrsRabren

Reply by JESPA2 » Aug. 28, 2014 2:41am

We had our 2nd US today at 15+4. She was able to determine the gender which she put in an envelope for us since we are having a reveal party in 4 days (the LONGEST 4 days ever!) So gender is still unknown! I've had an "Intuition" for the past couple months that it is a girl though! Despite everyone saying it's a boy since I've barely had any symptoms, only fatigue.

I was SUPER exhausted the entire first trimester. I could barely make it through the day. Every day I struggled with wanting to put my head on the toilet paper roll and fall asleep during bathroom breaks! But within two weeks of the second trimester I woke up with energy and haven't looked back since! I count my blessings about not having too many symptoms. I hope all is going well with all you ladies.

If you haven't had a recent US yet, then prepare yourself for a beautiful moment! It was so amazing watching baby wiggle around and wave his/her hand! It became so much more real.. such a blessing to see this life growing inside :)

C'mon February!!!

JESPA2

Reply by MrsRabren » Aug. 28, 2014 12:44pm

Jes - Everyone told me I was having a boy. I mean EVERYONE! Except DW who was certain it was a girl (I never had a strong feeling either way). DW was right so I think your intuition could be right! Make sure to let us know after the reveal!

MrsRabren

Reply by JESPA2 » Sep. 3, 2014 6:06pm

Mommy intuition was right, it's a GIRL!!! :)

JESPA2

Reply by MrsRabren » Sep. 3, 2014 7:50pm

I was just getting ready to ask for an update. Congrats, and yay for mommy's intuition!

MrsRabren

Reply by HisLadyBug » Sep. 12, 2014 11:46pm

Hi Ladies. I recognize some of you from CTP. I will be 16 weeks tomorrow. I am due Feb. 28th. I am also on a March board. Going by my ov date, my EDD was March 4th. When my 1st ultrasound was done, the measurements matched up with my LMP.

Hope everyone is doing well.

HisLadyBug

Reply by Ameejo22 » Oct. 13, 2014 12:28am

Found out last night that we are having a BOY!!

Ameejo22

Reply by Papas~Mama » Oct. 13, 2014 9:14pm

HisLadyBug, I am also due Feb 28! That date is based off of my LMP, but based off of my ovulation which I was tracking with BBT & OPK, my DD is March 2nd. That being said, I've delivered my last three kids at 39w, 38w and 39w respectively, so I'm assuming baby will come in February anyhow, but I guess we'll see!

Papas~Mama

Reply by HisLadyBug » Oct. 26, 2014 8:27pm

Papas~Mama - I thought my DD was going to be March 4th based on my ovulation date. All my ultrasounds have matched up with my LMP though, so my DD stayed as Feb. 28th. My 1st baby was a week early, my 2nd baby was a day late, and my 3rd baby was just over a week early.

We recently found out we are most likely having a another girl (that will make 1 boy and 3 girls). I had taken an intelligender and a babymaker test. Both of those predicted a boy. We were definitely hoping for a boy to even things out, however we will be just as happy with a girl. :)

Before that US I had a dream about my Daddy who died about 2 1/2 years ago. I was sitting on my bed and when I looked over my dad was sitting beside me. He leaned over and said, "I believe it's going to be a girl. You might want to think more about girl names." I asked if he really thought so and he just smiled. (God I have missed him and that smile.) Then something in the hall caught my attention and when I looked back my Daddy was gone and I woke up.

HisLadyBug