Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September Babies 2012 part 5! :D - Page 14

Replies (301)

Reply by dsdaye » Jul. 17, 2012 11:25pm

Hello,

It has been a very looooong time since I last wrote and feel like I have so much to catch up on with all of you.

We still do not know the gender of our baby. My gut is saying boy, but since this is my first pregnancy I really can't say if I'm even close.

I feel for all of you with the heartburn. Mine gets so bad that some days all I can do is eat cereal with milk. That seems to be the only thing that really helps.

For all of you that are expecting boys: have any of you thought about circumcision? I know that this is a very personal topic, but we have been going back and forth on the topic and really do not know what we should do (if this is a boy). Have any of you given it any thought?

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by flowermommy81 » Jul. 18, 2012 2:17am

I've had heartburn going on too, Knicole. It's been pretty brutal this past week. Heartburn tea by Earth Mama helps a little. They sell it at BRU.

flowermommy81

Reply by gppacen » Jul. 18, 2012 10:38am

dsdaye: I'm still waiting on the gender too. I think it's a girl - but like you don't have any previous pregnancies to compare. We have a fifty-fifty chance of being right;) My DH and I are pro circumcision. Just personal preference, plus for me the hygiene aspect of it.

AFM: I know some of you ladies have experienced this already but I've got leaky boobs:) Wasn't really expecting that so soon - but hey I know now that my boobs are working!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by BellaMae » Jul. 18, 2012 11:17am

**removed**

BellaMae

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 18, 2012 1:56pm

dsdaye- Welcome back!! I left the choice up to my husband, and he wants him circumsized. Which is fine with me, for cleaning purposes. They do it in the hospital the day of/before discharge. I've already bought qtips/petroleum jelly to help it heal.

gppacen- I've had boob leaks for the past few weeks as well. Usually in the evenings. I went a week without any, but they're back this week. Mostly just little drops of colostrum, but I went ahead and bought some breast pads in case it gets amped up!

jambolina- I've also been drinking the Thrid Trimester Tea from Earth Mama...the red raspberry leaves are supposed to help the uterus prepare for labor/after labor. I drink two cups a day. It's pretty yummy and I find, relaxing. Vitacost dot com has all the Earth Mama products for the cheapest prices, along with all kidns of other baby items...warning, the site is addicting!!!

Bella- Glad the appointment went well!! It is amazing how much more "interacive" our little critters seem to get as we go along! Hope you get your the maternity leave you want.

AFM- not much here, just trudging along. Critter is a lot more wiggly and DH is loving feeling him and seeing him move. He'll put his hand on my belly and be like "Oh, he's right here, right? It's really hard!" Family is really getting excited...only about 7 weeks left!!!!

User Image

My rants and random thoughts...
http://knockedupinalabama.blogspot.com/

I'm having a Boy!
EDD: Sept. 7--Being Induced Sept. 3!!

AuburnMama

Reply by knicole27 » Jul. 18, 2012 7:24pm

I cant believe we only a lot of us have single digit weeks left ! Before we know it we are going to be sharing our birth stories ! And it feels like yesterday we were all sharing in the first trimester morning sickness and fatigue ..my gosh! Lol ...welllll I FINALLY did my one hr GTT . Haha . The glucola drink was def.not as bad as the drink for the 3.hr + GTT . I ate two hard boiled eggs and some turkey bacon before hand. I did test with my owner glucose meter ten mins before my official blood draw and if my meter is correct.as I hope it is since its a new meter . Then ...I passed . Ill find out in a few days ...question though aren't I supposed to get some kind of full blood count draw??? There was nothing in the computer for besides the one hr gtt and im almost 32 , weeks now and have not had any kind of blood count done since I was about 8 weeks along ...just wondering.

User Image
User Image

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 18, 2012 7:40pm

knicole, I've had three blood draws--the one in the beginning, a second due to my thyroid issue, and the GTT one. I think they went ahead and checked everything in my thyroid one, just because it was a panel, but that's all I've had. I think I'll have one more near the end (maybe) due to my thyroid, but my OB might not bother with it at that point if everything seems okay.

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 19, 2012 12:49am

Hi Ladies...I thought I would be REALLY behind, but I'm not too bad! :)

gppacen - Cute hubby is suggesting where to buy diapers. My hubby is already cutting diaper coupons lol! He is hilarious. We are also doing a jungle theme since we don't know gender, walls are light choc brown :) Congrats on the sleep...I finally got 4hrs last night yipeee .

BellaMae - You sound like me with the sleep stuff! I went 48hrs and had 2hrs of sleep. I too called in sick yesterday because I was so emotional over the lack of sleep I just felt I couldn't do another full day at work feeling that way. My body felt soo tired, but my head wouldn't/won't let me rest! I too want to bump up my mat leave. As of now it's to start mid September, but I am now thinking I want to be done at the end of August. Do the last week in Aug then donezo!

knicole - I hear ya (and the other ladies) with the heartburn! I never get it but lately have had it at night quite a bit! Good luck on your GTT!

dsdaye - Even though I don't know the gender, DH and I have discussed the issue of circumcision and we both want to do it because of the hygiene, but I also feel there is less chance of any health issues (down there) over time. I am gonna feel so bad for my lil babe having to have it done (if we have a boy), but he won't remember! lol

AFM - As I said...sleep has been AWFUL. I got 10hrs sleep over a 4 day period!! Just unbelievable. Last night I felt i hit the jackpot and got 4hrs straight...then woke up almost every hour until my 7am wake up call but ...at least I fell back asleep in between wake ups! Usually I'm up...and that's it! I am noticing I'm getting pretty big now...I look back just two months ago and I was hardly showing...now I am starting to have a hard time breathing and today I don't know what the baby was doing but the movement was causing me SO much pain! I was at my desk and was wincing in pain! Only lasted prob 30 secs but it was like the baby was hitting every organ in my body! lol I was kinda breathless afterward...DH thinks I need to tell OB about it...what do you all think? I just figure it's normal cause there isn't a lot of room anymore.

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 19, 2012 12:52am

ps...OB appt tomorrow, get my GTT results! Oh and noticing when baby moves...I feel like I have to pee...I wonder if baby has moved because it never felt like that before?!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by Britney » Jul. 19, 2012 2:17am

Well ladies....its been a while since I've been able to post. Long story short I went into preterm labor Sunday night. Having contractions 2 minutes apart and dilated to 2. Im now on bed rest and on a medication every 6 hours to keep them at bay. Its been a horrible week! I can't drive or even leave the house :( I hope she releases me at my next appointment which is the 26th. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to keep up better now!

Britney

Reply by AuburnMama » Jul. 19, 2012 1:41pm

Aww Brit, that stinks! But at least they got you stopped. It could be worse, my bestfriend was on bedrest for FIVE MONTHS!!!

Time to catch up on your daytime TV and read some books! I hope you'll be able to come off rest soon!

AFM: I'm so...flippin...tired. I'm sleeping pretty well (with pee breaks) but I'm just TIRED. Took a nap when I got home yesterday then crashed at 8:30. I'm still yawning. Guess the Critter is on a growth spurt, he sure has been wiggly lately! So his new nickname is Mr. Wiggles!

User Image

I'm having a Boy!

AuburnMama

Reply by BellaMae » Jul. 19, 2012 2:26pm

**removed**

BellaMae

Reply by flowermommy81 » Jul. 19, 2012 2:46pm

Brit -- That is crazy!!!! I'd say you're in the running to be the first baby announcement. Take it easy, and I hope your bed rest ends soon. Thank goodness they stopped it.

Knicole -- crossing my fingers that you pass your test. Sounds hopeful according to your meter!

Auburn -- I was drinking Third Trimester tea, but I ran out and couldn't find it. Didn't think about the Internet. I did buy Pregnancy for Two tea from the makers of Fertilitea. Once that's gone in a month or so, I'll start drinking straight red raspberry leaf tea at 34 weeks on. I swear by it...and sex...to help get the uterus and cervix ready toward the end. Worked last time. I was 4 cm at my last doc appointment before I went into labor.

AFM -- I had a terrible Charlie Horse early this morning. My leg still hurts!!! And pubic bone pain hit me hard the night before last. I could barely walk, and it killed every time I rolled over in bed. Yesterday it still hurt pretty good. It had been like four days since I had exercised, so I jumped on my elliptical and sure enough, the pain decreased. And today it's very, very dull. Guess I can't slack even a little with that.

And I got great news yesterday. At the beginning of this year, our insurance carrier changed and our pediatrican did not cover the new carrier. We were devastated because she is amazing and helped us with more than just appointments, but knowing when the baby could sleep through the night without a feeding, how to handle fussiness, how much she should be eating every step of the way, how to handle tantrums. Lots of things. Our daughter was always ahead of the game thanks to her advice. I didn't want to lose her especially being pregnant with the second one. My daughter turned 3 on Tuesday, so I decided to call one last time and see if things had changed. And she has started carrying our insurance!!!! I am so, so relieved!

flowermommy81

Reply by dsdaye » Jul. 19, 2012 2:48pm

Hello,

Thanks for all your responses to my circumcision question. I was kind of thinking the same thing. I've talked to people around here and they have had mixed opinions.

BellaMae- I would definitely look into the maternity leave thing. I'm very lucky that I am already off for the summer since I work in the education field and was able to be off for an extra few months before the baby is due. I have no idea how you are all doing it.
I haven't really done a birth plan yet. I am gonig to try and do everything as natural as I can. I also know that I only want my DH in the labour room with me. I do not need a whole audience for this.
I am not really sure about the mucus plug. I know that some women do not even see theirs so they don't even know that they have passed it.

AuburnMama- My little one has been moving around quite a bit too. My DH loves to feel the movements.

MrsMom- I have been having a few pains here and there when the baby moves. Sometimes I have to shift around completely because it is hurting so much. At times it definitely makes me feel like I am going to wet my pants. Just part of being pregnant, I think.

Britney- Wishing you all the best. We'll all be thinking of you.

I have been feeling ok. I've had a few aches and pains here and there and the heartburn has been pretty bad. Other than that I can't really complain.

User Image

User Image

User Image

dsdaye

Reply by tallesss » Jul. 19, 2012 6:29pm

Hi Ladies,
Pregnancy brain is in full effect on this end. I totally forgot my appointment last week in part because I forgot to put it on my calendar at work. I woke up this morning thinking i had an appointment today, cause i hadn't seen my OB in a few weeks well so I called when i got to work and the lady just laughed it off saying you really are pregnant!

I was able to get a reschedule this morning so I was able to run over, and be done in 15mins.

my glucose test went well and all other checks from that blood draw were okay too.

started having intense lower back pains so i was advised to get a maternity belt not! but all for my bean so it is well.

i just keep feeling like this child will be here in september vaginally! i can't shake the feeling

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by Coomy08 » Jul. 19, 2012 9:16pm

Had my appointment this morning. So far I have only gained 4 lbs for the whole 30 weeks. They just asked if I was still having braxton hicks and said I could take tylenol for the pelvic pain and that it was normal and that the pelvic pressure was normal. Baby is head down(like I thought). doc asked if I was wanting to do c-section again or try natural and said if he did c-section we could do it around septemebr 19th, talked it over with my DH and we decided to go with the c-section. I go on august 2nd for my next appointment so hopefully we can get everything scheduled then, also have another u/s that day..I'm betting that baby is going to be big and long(maybe I can see if they'll do a sneakpeek in 3d :). On my phone so no personals right now.

Coomy08

Reply by gppacen » Jul. 20, 2012 2:40pm

BellaMae: Glad your appt went well!

Auburnmama: 7 weeks left? That's not long at all - I'm behind you at 10. My DH has seen baby move and the look on his face is priceless - he looks like he's staring at some alien like thing when the baby gets really active. Totally cracks me up:)

knicole: hope you passed the GTT! I have only gotten blood at 8 weeks then bloodwork when I had my GTT.

Mrs.Mom: Sleeping is such a hot commodity! I finally got some last night. The other night I was seriously balling at like 1 am because I couldn't sleep. My DH was like "what's your problem" - at that moment I didn't think Darling would be the word to describe him at that moment;) Then worked 12 hours yesterday - not so good... Anyways... hope you're getting some rest even if it's naps. Hahaha - that's totally cute your hubby is cutting diaper coupons. I haven't had much trouble with baby's movements hurting yet or causing shortness of breath. Hope you passed your GTT and your appt goes well.

Britney: Preterm labor and bedrest - no fun at all. Hope you're doing ok!!

Jambolina: Glad you're able to stay with your pediatrician - that's awesome!!

tallesss: def been experiencing pregnancy brain too!! Glad the lady made light of it;) Glad your tests came back fine!!

Coomy: I've heard from several women who have had subsequent C-sections that they like the fact they know when things are going to happen and what to expect. Hope you get a sneak peak at baby's size at your next appt!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

User Image

gppacen

Reply by Leniana » Jul. 20, 2012 2:57pm

Morning ladies and babies!!

What a crazy week! We got our new(er) truck, hurray! 2005 F-150 super cab. It's a lot bigger than the old one but gets the exact same gas mileage lol. We set the baby seat in there and it does fit in the middle, so we should be all set, just need to get another base and install them.

My rav ended up needing a new water pump, and the timing belt was slipping. Was about 350$ which isn't too bad, haven't had to put much money into it in the 2-3 years we've had it so I don't feel bad about it.

Today we interviewed a guy for our lab, he will be covering for me while I am gone as well as staying on afterward so we will be back at full strength (3 people). I wish we'd been able to hire him back in March when the position opened, but the boss's boss wanted someone with more experience... only problem is our little area is so specialized there aren't a lot of people with experience, and the ones that have it aren't going to want to move to our area for the pay they were offering LOL. We could have had this guy fairly well trained by now if we hadn't been forced to wait for 4 months for someone with the actual background to apply (surprise! - none did).

My swelling had been better for the last week but then last night they got really swollen again. They are still a bit this morning. I think my ankles have also just gotten a little fat as well. Had to wear slightly dressier shoes for the interview instead of the flip flops I've been living in, man they are tight. Think I'm gonna be kicking them off most of the day under my desk!

No real personals today but I am glad to see every one is doing well. Britney you keep that baby inside!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

It's a BOY! Wyatt Randolph was born 9/8/2012! 9 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/4 inches

Leniana

Reply by BellaMae » Jul. 20, 2012 3:26pm

**removed**

BellaMae

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Jul. 21, 2012 1:52pm

Hello Friends!

Britney - Preterm labour and bedrest doesn't sound great, but hopefully that bed rest keeps that baby in there for a little while longer! Good luck on the 26th.

AuburnMama - Mr. Wiggles lol...cute!

BellaMae - That's nice you've got your mat leave worked out...the countdown begins eh?! lol Sorry to hear you're not feeling good . Not too much longer to go though! I have thought about my birth plan as I go in Aug. 2 to give the hospital my plan. I want my mom and DH there. Mom has had 3 babies so she is a veteran . DH is going to need support too! All I know is as soon as I THINK I'm going into labour we are hitting the road as I live an hour from the hospital. All of my family lives in the city where I'm having the baby so I will just stay with them until I need to head into the hospital. I too am scared of the pain, but my OB keeps saying "most women will tear, but we just fix ya right back up!" ...not all together comforting, but I expect it. I just can't wait to get this baby here so I'm looking forward to the day.

Jambolina - Congrats on keeping the doc you like! That is wonderful!!

dsdaye - Thanks for the reassurance....DH was worried about the pain I was in (he worries a lot though) haha.

Coomy08 - 4lb gain at 30 weeks seems very low. Baby is supposed to weigh 3lbs at this stage. But as long as your doc is ok with it, then I guess that is all that matters!

gppacen - Yes, lack of sleep or being tired seems to be a common theme! I'm not a "napper" so I literally am up all the time it seems. Last night was good though...slept 11pm til 2am (pee time), then awake again at 5:30am (another pee lol), then awake for the day at 8:30am....that is a great night for me!! Generally I'm up from the first time I get up to pee.

Leniana - Congrats on the new truck and the low cost of the repair!!

AFM - Had my OB appt on Thursday. Up another 2lbs so my total gain now is 18lbs. I passed my GTT so that was good news! I told the doc about my insomnia and she said I can take Gravol! I was surprised. So DH and I went and bought some immediately. I only plan to use it when completely necessary, but good to have an option! I know I get car sickness sometimes and when I take it, it knocks me right out!!

So when I woke up at 5:30am to pee I went and laid back down and had a weird movement coming from my left side. It was like a VERY LIGHT kick...felt more like a heart beat, but I knew it wasn't the baby's heart because it was too slow. But it was consistent kick and and in the same spot for 10 min straight! It made me worry...it's hard to explain. I just don't get what was going on. Then baby would move slightly and the movement would come back in the same spot again and feel like a heart beat. It's just not like the baby to hit in the same spot over and over and so consistently and so light. Very strange....

Hubby is at work today...I am getting my hair done (for the last time before baby) today at 11am and then I'm making back ribs!! Mmmmm. Hubby is home at 5pm...can't wait because I get so bored without him here!!

Have a great day mommies and please, someone let me know if they have any idea what that movement was or if I should be concerned!

Mrs.Mom