Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

How long did you wait to tell close family and friends

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by veralynn124 » Jul. 5, 2014 12:59pm

Just wondering how long everyone waited to tell close family and friends that you were pregnant. So far we have told both of our parents and our only surviving grandparent.

veralynn124

Replies (4)

Reply by Chestnutroast » Jul. 6, 2014 7:00am

I was 8 wks with my daughter and 7 with this baby for direct family and proper friends but i only let it out to anyone else outside of that know after i had my dating scan done.

Chestnutroast

Reply by aprilluvsmoz » Jul. 7, 2014 4:30pm

I told everyone yesterday at 19 weeks 2 days. I know it may seem long to wait. Ive had previous losses, I wish now I wouldve just told everyone after 12 weeks instead of trying to hold a secret for so long.

aprilluvsmoz

Reply by TXkadams » Jul. 8, 2014 11:12pm

With my first I didn't tell until 12 weeks. Only my best friend, but no parents or close friends.

With my second pregnancy that miscarried at 15 weeks we told our parents who told everyone at about 10weeks. We found out there was something wrong with the baby at about 11 weeks. We stopped telling people and suffered in silence for the next month. (Over Christmas by the way.) That sucked a lot. I ended up telling a lot of people about the miscarriage later. I felt like sharing was part of my healing process. And many of those people have shared in our infertility struggle since the miscarriage. Now, knowing how I reacted to the miscarriage and how I wanted to share my story after, I feel like I'll tell everyone early and often about this pregnancy. That MC baby was mourned, but didn't get a chance to be celebrated.

This baby will be celebrated even if for just a short time.

TXkadams

Reply by mrsfergie » Aug. 26, 2014 5:53am

with my first I told my mum and a close friend at 8 weeks, everyone else at 12 weeks because we were all going well and felt comfortable to say.

with my MC earlier in the year only my Mum knew and we told our family afterwards.

this time I told my Mum and a very dear friend at 4 weeks, and we will be almost 8 weeks celebrating DD 3rd birthday with both sides of the family together - we have decided to tell family at the party and then the rest of the world around 12 weeks.

I will have to tell work around 8 weeks though (just my boss) because there will be 2 of us from a team of 3 on maternity leave within a couple of months of each other :)

mrsfergie