Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

March 2015 Mamas? - Page 17

Replies (366)

Reply by knicole27 » Mar. 2, 2015 12:43pm

Ladysg- any updates ?!? :)

knicole27

Reply by DanielleK2014 » Mar. 2, 2015 3:00pm

Hey Ladies!!!

Congrats to Ladybug and Cali on your new arrivals!!!

Ladysg - Any updates yet?

AFM - I will be 38 weeks this thursday and have an appointment on wednesday. This will be the first time they will be checking me and I'm hoping for something to be changing down there. Baby is already starting to drop and feeling a lot of pressure. Braxton Hicks have been happening a lot and get very strong sometimes. Discharge has definitely increased, but don't think i'm loosing any of my plug yet. Sleeping is getting to be impossible. My hip and back pain has gotten so bad, I have to keep switching positions. Honestly I just really can't wait to meet her.
We did more on her room this weekend and decided to go and buy a brand new travel system. We had one given to us but it was from a yard sale and wasn't sure how well it could be trusted. So we are definitely ready.

Well anyways, hope everyone is doing well!! Can't wait to see more baby announcements!!!

DanielleK2014

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Mar. 2, 2015 3:35pm

Hello ladies and Happy Monday!!

I posted a new JE today with all updates that I have. I officially have 30 days to go on the countdown!! WHOOHOOO!! Tomorrow makes 34 weeks for me and I feel like I am 44 weeks, LOL. Twins are rough but I feel so blessed to have made it this far and still have them in.

Hope everyone has a great day and week ahead!!

tjwjtw21

Reply by Ladysg » Mar. 2, 2015 8:05pm

Hey ladies! Nothing yet....lost a big blob of my mucus plug today. My doula adviced I relax and continue getting some action...so that's what DH and I have been up to *LOL*
I really do hope it happens soon....minor cramping here and there.

BabyFruit Ticker

Ladysg

Reply by doularachelyou » Mar. 5, 2015 5:13am

User Image

Senna Neil You is here! 3/4/15 @ 9:02pm, 6 pounds 6.4 ounces, 19 inches via repeat cesarean due to noon reassuring fetal heart rate, cord wrapped tightly around neck, and partial placenta abruption.

doularachelyou

Reply by Ladysg » Mar. 5, 2015 10:41am

So happy for you [b]doularachelyou [\b]

BabyFruit Ticker

Ladysg

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Mar. 5, 2015 12:22pm

Congrats doularachelyou!!!! So happy baby is safe and well band what a cutie!!

tjwjtw21

Reply by DanielleK2014 » Mar. 5, 2015 3:13pm

Yay!! Congrats doularachelyou!! So happy baby is doing well. How are you doing?

AFM - Had a check up yesterday and am starting to thin. No dilation yet, but baby is very low and in position. So we'll see what happens. Hope everyone is doing well!!

DanielleK2014

Reply by CaliTexBaby » Mar. 6, 2015 12:48am

User Image

This is what my little one looks like. He's a little over 3 weeks old in this picture.

Grats to those who have given birth and can't wait to hear about the healthy babies yet to be born!

Meanwhile I'm busy BF and changing diapers of my little one. I hope he's not the only one I get to have...

CaliTexBaby

Reply by Ladysg » Mar. 7, 2015 6:10am

Oh ladies....how I hate false labor pain....had my share last night and started getting excited!!!! All died out by the morning...
Gosh I'm so over being pregnant now...

Took castor oil as per my midwife's instructions. It sure gave me the runs and around 7pm only then some pains started. Told my doula and she adviced I rest.
I went to sleep and continued to cramp but got up in the morning and ALL gone!

BabyFruit Ticker

Ladysg

Reply by dsdaye » Mar. 7, 2015 12:40pm

Congrats to all those who have had their little ones!

Ladysg - I can totally relate. I have been having the exact same thing with the false labour pains. It has been three nights that I go to bed thinking 'this is the night' only to wake up and feeling fine. I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil, sitting on an exercise ball, using a breast pump for nipple stimulation as well as taking lots of walks. Nothing seems to be working. My midwife suggested my DH and I have a lot of sex, but DH seems nervous about it. We have only tried once and now he avoids it when I suggest it. Here's hoping something happens soon because I am getting frustrated.

Hope all is well with the rest of you!

dsdaye

Reply by TXkadams » Mar. 7, 2015 5:06pm

I'm 38+2 today and this last week has been more uncomfortable than the rest of the pregnancy. It's not so bad I want the pregnancy over now, but I'm starting to think of things to do to induce. Having more sex, more nipple stimulation. All followed by more hip and pelvis pain, which I thought were a good thing. Then went to the doc yesterday and wasn't dilated yet (no change from the week before). Bummer.

They took my first via planned C at exactly 39 weeks, so I guess that means this one will hang on until at least that long. Probably longer, I wasn't dilated then either.

I think now that I'm out of work I focus way more on the baby and thus want something to happen more. While I was working I didn't have time to worry about that stuff. Maybe I should telecommute next week to take my mind off of things.

I think I'm also way more active during the day than I was when I was off work. I'm doing laundry, going through boxes, packing bags, going shopping, cleaning, doing crafts, visiting friends, etc. When I was in work I just sat all day most days.

How is everyone else, I need more updates!! Exciting things are happening this month! Please post! (Also, I may be a little bored.)

Congratz to those with babies!! Tell us your labor/birth stories and how are all things baby?

TXkadams

Reply by Wildflower73 » Mar. 7, 2015 6:13pm

Hi Ladies! My baby boy came a few weeks early and was born March 1, 2015. I had an emergency c-section since he was breech. We are doing good and he is nursing well.

Wildflower73

Reply by Ladysg » Mar. 8, 2015 6:33am

@Wildflower73 Congratulations with the bundle of joy! Baby picked it's birthday so it's all good even though it was a bit early! Snuggle and lots of kisses!

@Txkadams - Well...been at home while waiting for bubs to get here can be a lil nerve wrecking coz all your attention now is on his/her arrival. Big ups to more sex...whoooo DH and I have been trying (at least twice a week - that's the most I can handle now...lol) So far...not sure if it helped...
But you are right...keeping busy does help take your mind off of baby's impending arrival.

AFM - my body is just doing weird things. I'm experiencing secretion of way too much mucus plug (I thought it's just a glob and it's done). Anyways midwife said its "normal". She thought by this weekend I would be holding my bubs...but nothing. I've had false labor about two nights ago....I was so excited...but by the morning they had died down and I was back to normal. A lil frustrating. I have weird cramps...but they never progress to anything and it seriously doesn't help having the baby so low...she is down there, continuing to descend, we are just puzzled why labor doesn't start already. BUT we shall wait and see.

BabyFruit Ticker

Ladysg

Reply by DanielleK2014 » Mar. 9, 2015 2:09pm

Hey ladies!!!

Congrats to all those having there little one!!!

Ladysg - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that something happens soon!! I'm sure you are ready.

Txkadams - Yes being home definitely doesn't make it easy to take your mind off of baby. Try to hand in there and hopefully something happens for you as well.

AFM - I have also been having a rough weekend with false labor and just like Ladysg by morning I'm fine. I did loose most of my mucus plug on Thursday or Friday and with how bad the pains were this weekend. I decided to do a self check last night and my cervix is starting to open. I don't have another appointment till Friday, but we'll see if I make it that far. I have been doing a lot more in babies room and can't wait to have it done.

Keep us all updated and for the ones that have had their babies we would love to hear about labor and birth stories.

DanielleK2014

Reply by Ladysg » Mar. 10, 2015 7:31am

Hey ladies! I'm proud to announce that my baby girl is here!!! She arrived yesterday morning at 5:59am (via emergency c-section. ..after a good 12 hours of labour and reaching 8cm and then baby and I started complicating).

Her name is Bonolo and she weighed in at 3.92kilos and 56cm tall. Will do a full labour and birth story once we go home.

Ladysg

Reply by TXkadams » Mar. 10, 2015 1:39pm

Congratz Lady!! Glad all that false labor finally paid off. Can't wait to hear the full story and see a picture. Wishing you lots of cuddles and good sleep.

TXkadams

Reply by DanielleK2014 » Mar. 10, 2015 1:52pm

Congratulations Ladysg!!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear how everything went.

DanielleK2014

Reply by tjwjtw21 » Mar. 10, 2015 8:43pm

Congrats Lady- I bet you are just thrilled that she finally has arrived- Happy to hear she and you are well.

Will defiantly be giving birth in march to these babies- Posting a journal update soon, but officially on bed rest at this time…

tjwjtw21

Reply by TXkadams » Mar. 11, 2015 2:49am

So sorry to hear about the bed rest TJW. That can be very hard. Though I know some women who embraced it and read books they'd been putting off and learned to knit and watched everything on Netflix, etc. So maybe try to find some sedentary hobbies and jump in.

Why the bed rest?

AFM: I think my cervix is starting to thin. I try to remember to feel it when I'm in the shower just so I can note any changes. It's still closed, but it feel flatter than last week. Next OB appointment is Thurs, so we'll see if she thinks things are moving.

I also finally got my domperidone for helping milk supply. It was much harder to obtain this time than last time. I also ordered some skin-to-skin shirts for the first couple of weeks. And I got a pedicure today ... it's lovely to have pretty toes.

What other preparations do you still have to do?

And for those with babies, how is breast feeding going (if you are breast feeding)? I had a LOT of issues with low supply last time, so I'm trying to be uber prepared this time.

TXkadams