Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Baking Our 2015 Easter Babies!! - Page 29

Replies (589)

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 21, 2015 7:18pm

Chick, there are 2 closed groups on FB one is Milky Mamas and one is Boobies for babies. Both are EXCELLENT support groups for breast feeding. Let me know if you want me to try to add you.

Are me and Bumpkin the last 2 to pop of our regular posters?

hughes1864

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 21, 2015 7:53pm

hughes: I believe we are the last ones! You will be next! :) I still have 10 1/2 weeks.. I am ready for maternity leave already!!

Chick: I have heard lots of success stories with Fenugreek! You can get it at walmart. I had a horrible time with BF my DD. It got to the point where I just had to buy formula bc I just couldn't produce anything and she was hungry. I plan to try the fenugreek as well and hope I have a better outcome. Good luck to you, I know it is hard.

Tjw: Already 4 weeks old?? Wow. Time sure is flying.. My DD had acid reflux also. They put her on prevacid which didn't help a whole lot. Glad babies are doing well. I don't blame you a bit for your decision on not contacting the donor.

I hope that all is well with stickybean and baby girl. I haven't had the chance to read the birth story as of yet.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by mriphenburg » Apr. 22, 2015 7:22am

Hey ladies. Was hoping toget this post up
Sooner but it has been a very long day. Got to hospital at 8 this am for repeat c section that was scheduled at 10:00. Things were running behind so we got to or closer to noon andmy perfect baby boy was born at 12:04 pm. He weighed in at 9 lb 5 oz and is 21 inches long. I got quite woozy after epidural cause bp dropped but got through surgery without getting sick. After a short time in recovery a lc came in and helped with breastfeeding. Collin took to the boob like a seasoned pro. Got back to room with family as I was regaining feeling in my legs felt what appeared to be a lot of blood. Nurses came in and spent all afternoon monitoring my excessive blood loss. Turns out I still didn't need a transfusion. But had to miss a feeding due to bleeding. Next I couldn't keep anything but water down. No Gatorade or jello for me. Had a tough time getting little guy to wake up and latch at next feeding due to having formula. While trying my iv came apart and I soaked an entire pillow with blood. Got it all cleaned up and Collin ate a little bit. Got some sleep and just fed him again and he ate great. 15 min per side.

Bumpin. I had no milk for dd and felt like a huge failure for not being able to breastfeed. Now I have lots of colostrum and it seems like this will work. Fingers crossed for you.

Oh and I will try to get a pic quick

mriphenburg

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 22, 2015 1:11pm

MRI, that sounds like a rough day! I hope things improve for you over the next few days! Good luck with breast feeding. I was only able to breast feed my first for about 6 weeks and that was with supplementation. I'm hoping to do better with baby #2.

Baby has dropped even more as of this morning. I'm also feeling really sick to my stomach today :-P. I have a doc appointment this afternoon and hopefully we are making progress toward labor. Only one more day of work after today!! Thank God, I'm trying to be strong but this is getting REALLY hard.

hughes1864

Reply by Chickray » Apr. 22, 2015 2:37pm

Bump I got fenugreek. Started it yesterday. It smells like someone's dirty ass and it taste aweful but a momma gotta do what a momma gotta do. Eating my oatmeal mixed with almond milk and have to say it's not bad. Baby girl is sucking down a 2 oz bottle and with in an hour breast feeding. So I think we are on our way to filling out these bird legs and putting some meat on our hiney.

Congrats MRI...what a chunky monkey. My little one is having trouble gaining. 2 weeks old and only 6 lb 4.5 oz. we working on weight gain. Can't wait to see pics

Hughes good luck today. I felt sick to my stomach right before as well. So I bet you get good news.

Chickray

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 22, 2015 5:31pm

MRI: on your new baby boy! Sorry you had to go through all that. L&D seems to never go the way we think it should. You try to rest as much as possible lil momma! Thank you for coming back with an update and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

I am hoping that I will have a better chance for BF this time around! I will be looking for that pic! :D

hughes: YAY for baby getting in position and ready to go!! Hopefully the sickness is a good sign like Chick said. I can't wait to hear an update!

Chick: Well.. That is just wonderful, lol. I don't know if I could stomach something so terrible. At the beginning of my pregnancy, I tried a different prenatal that had fish oil in it and every time I burped, it tasted like spoiled, rotten fish. I got so sick. The oatmeal w/almond milk sounds pretty satisfying if you ask me!

I am glad that she is eating more and hopefully she has gained some weight at her next appointment!

AFM: I am convinced that I am carrying a stubborn child. She moves like crazy and looks like she is trying break out of there, but once I hit record on my phone... NOTHING. Every. Single. Time. Everytime I tell my Dh or Dd to look, she just stops like, nope, not happening! I am really wanting these next 10 weeks to hurry so I can hold her!

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 22, 2015 9:42pm

Well ladies, I'm in the early stages of labor :-). I'm 3cm and 60-70% effaced. The doc said the best thing to do is to go home and wait till I can't take the pain any more then come back. Should have a baby in the next 24-48 hours!!

hughes1864

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 23, 2015 2:43pm

Hughes: I will be stalking FB all day!! Can't wait to see pics. Good luck today! :)

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 24, 2015 4:56am

Well, labor seems to have stopped. I'm no longer feeing any pain. I'm so frustrated, every time I've been examined I've gotten different answers. I have an ultrasound today (Friday) to check fluid levels which I'm sure are fine. My next appointment is on Thursday of next week so we'll see what news I get then. So frustrated.

hughes1864

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 24, 2015 3:22pm

hughes: Awe man.. I would be so frustrated too, but not much you can do unless you ask for induction.

AFM: I AM SO HEATED this morning!! A couple of you already know why bc of fb. My brother's ex is a lunatic! How are you going to take an u/s pic from google and use it as your own? I know she is trying to get my brother to take her back, but this is so wrong! She keeps swearing she has other proof, but I am not sure I will believe it until the baby is born.. I am kinda feeling bad that I posted it, bc she is obviously crazy and I don't want her to get all suicidal on me.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Chickray » Apr. 24, 2015 3:53pm

Bump.....OMG!!! You can never tell about how crazy someone might be. Don't go around her alone!!! My sons babys moma is bipolar and been dealing with her crazy ups and downs. They have a baby due at the end of July. She has told him she didn't think she would be able to handle taking care of a baby, the next day acts as if she is in love and can't wait to have her. She posted one day she didn't like being pregnant. I have a feeling I may be a moma of a 3 mth old and taking care of a newborn grand girl. Told my son we would do whatever it takes to help him. But seriously Bump, stay away from that woman.

Chickray

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 24, 2015 4:08pm

Chick: Oh I am! The first thing that came to mind, is that woman who had her baby cut out of her.. So scary! She already has two kids, one is a teenage girl and the other is a 7 yr old boy. Her tubes are tied.. Now, I know it is possible and it does happen, but come on.. Just a couple months ago, she apparently had a miscarriage and I am just waiting on it to happen this time. She swore on her kids' life that the ultrasound was hers! I know for a fact it isn't. It can't be. You can clearly tell that she cropped out all the info. The only reason I looked at u/s on google, is bc she said that she was 5 weeks and I told my sister that the baby looked more like 6.5- 7 weeks by the u/s. So I googled 5 week pregnant ultrasound, and there it was and it had 6w 5d as the GA. I am sorry, but no two u/s are going to be just alike.

Oh, chick.. I am sorry that your son's baby momma is a lunatic too. Hopefully she steps up to the plate and loves that baby. I guess it just sucks for us that it struggled to get pregnant and suffered M/C's to see people acting this way.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 24, 2015 8:10pm

It is amazing how crazy people can get and what they will do to hang on to ex's! I know of someone else who took an u/s picture off the web to us as her own. And, it drives me CRAZY when I see women on CL who are selling positive pregnancy tests, they feed the crazies too.

Had my 40w ultrasound this morning and all is well as of right now :) After the ultrasound we went over to the mall to walk and I lost my mucous plug (didn't post that bit on FB LOL) but it wasn't a bloody show which as far as I know means labor could still be days away :-P

I am starting to get worried. I'm worried about who will watch my son since we had already sent him to the sitter and are picking him up today, if my DH has to watch him I'll be in L&D alone. I'm worried about the placenta starting to degrade before my appointment on Thursday. I'm worried about going to the hospital again only to be sent home again. I"ve decided that I'm not going back until my water breaks at least. I'm worried about going into real labor in the middle of the night or tomorrow during the parade that goes right by our house. My mom ties to calm me down but I can't help getting worked up again.

hughes1864

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 24, 2015 9:27pm

I can't believe people buy nasty pee-sticks from other people.. GROSS..

I don't think you'll make it to your next appointment. Hopefully the ones watching your son now will help you out when you go into labor. It will all work out! Try not to stress. I am keeping my FX that I see some newborn pics from you this weekend! :D

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 26, 2015 12:56pm

Still waiting... Having more mucus and heavier discharge but not really contracting. My mom is coming into town today though and is staying for the week. That will get me through my next Dr visit and maybe baby will want to see Grandma and GG :-)

hughes1864

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 27, 2015 2:36pm

Just wanted to let you ladies know that Hughes had her baby boy this morning at 5:46 a.m weighing 9lbs 10oz!! He is perfect! :D

AFM: AFM: So the lunatic i mentioned the other day faking her pregnancy.. She just happened to start having abdominal pains and spotting on Friday which landed her in the ER.. She says they told her to just take it easy for a couple days.. So.. on Saturday she goes to work all day at Sonic and posts that she was getting a new tattoo after work. How dumb could one person be?? She said that she asked the Dr at the ER and they said it was ok. Not to mention that she also stated that she just couldn't stop taking Stackers.. WTH??? I can't hanfle all this stupidity..

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by hughes1864 » Apr. 28, 2015 12:26pm

Good morning ladies! Baby and I are doing well this morning and are hip into go home this evening. Last night baby clusterfed like crazy. He saw his doctor this mornin and try think he has a broken left clavicle :-( which they say is pretty common with basically 10 pound babies. They have taken him for X-rays and probably also his circumcision. I'm still hoping he'll be able to go home today.

hughes1864

Reply by Chickray » Apr. 28, 2015 1:53pm

Hughes...he is so cute. I hope yall make it home today. He is a chunk compared to my skinny bird. She goes to the doc for a wt check today. My MIL bought a baby scale and we have been weighing her. So I know she has gained. She is also soaking her diapers now compared to that first week and a half. Her gassy belly is better now that she has learned to strain it out.

I see my doc as well and was hoping to lose more wt. I lost 20 of the 57 lbs I gained but have hit an end. So plan on asking him if ok to start exercising. It's only been 3 weeks so I know nothing extreme.
I bought a belly band and would recommend one. It seems to give my stomach more support and helps my clothes fit better. I'm a far cry from a size 6 but it took 39 weeks to get here and my goal is to lose the rest of my wt by my birthday in dec. we have yet to get started on our house so my treadmill is still at my old house. At this rate MiKenna will be 7 mths old before the house is built. I hope we make it in before Christmas

Bump. That girl is seeking attention in the worse way!!! I pray she gets her life in order but once again use caution if you find yourself alone with her.

Chickray

Reply by Bumpin4Baby » Apr. 28, 2015 2:09pm

Chick: I think you'll lose the weight pretty quickly bf'ing! It is awesome that you have already lost the 20lbs. Glad that baby girl is eating good now, I know that has to be a stress relief.

About the crazy girl.. She unfriended me on FB. It is probably for the best though, lol. I have only been around her a couple of times, so I don't think I will have to worry about that too much now.

Bumpin4Baby

Reply by Chickray » Apr. 28, 2015 9:32pm

Sweet pea gained 8 oz which put her up to 6lb 13 oz. I'm very proud of her. Doc said my uterus was back to normal and gave me a green light to exercise, travel and anything else I wanted to admit to my husband. Will start back on BC at 6 weeks post partum but no chance of getting pregnant when you haven't had sex in 5 mths...lol. It's all good. I want to get back into shape and feel good about myself and have more energy. I'm pumped and ready to unpack those skinny clothes. Woo hoo!

Chickray