Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Countdown is On - End of July/Beginning August Babies - Page 4

Replies (117)

Reply by curl_gurl » Aug. 1, 2012 3:24pm

Yayy its August I will be officially full term tomorrow and I now can say I'm due this month when I am asked.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by curl_gurl » Aug. 1, 2012 4:20pm

hey ladies head on over to the post titled "August Mommies what are the craziest things people have said" I just created this post be sure to comment I'm sure everyone has a story to share.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 4, 2012 2:37pm

curl- congrats on being full term! That's huge! :)

39 weeks, 2 days today, still pregnant. So much for the full-moon theory! I'm still having BH every now and then. Lots of swelling in my hands, which makes my fingers go numb. Baby is still measuring big. They offered me an ultrasound, but told me that unless he's bigger than 10 pounds, they're not going to do anything so I declined the ultrasound. If he's still big and not delivered by my next appointment, I'll agree to the ultrasound then. After this week, they're going to see me twice a week and do non-stress testing. I wish he'd come out already!

prinny307

Reply by wassernixe » Aug. 4, 2012 3:00pm

Prinny, I'm so ready for my little guy to come out too!

I was also hoping that the full moon would do something, but no luck there. At least I don't have to worry about the hospital being packed with pregnant ladies. I guess there is a bright side! There is only one labor and birthing tub at my hospital, hopefully this means I won't have to fight for it! Haha. :)

So far at 39 weeks 5 days nothing much is going on. I had some pelvic pressure last night and had to run to the bathroom (gross!). I was hoping he finally engaged and was getting ready to make an appearance, but this morning he was still up pretty high. Ugh.

I've been having mild cramping at night, every night for the last few days. At least my body is doing something! It still looks like I'm going overdue though. I have my next appointment on Monday and then have to go every 2 days for non-stress tests as well.

I am just so ready to meet him! I can't take the suspense. I've washed all his things and everything is set up and waiting for him. Thank goodness my mom and my partner are keeping me entertained or else I would be going crazy with boredom and anticipation.

User Image

User Image

wassernixe

Reply by NewBeginnings79 » Aug. 5, 2012 2:54pm

Hi Ladies - Just checking in on you! You're in my thoughts and I am looking forward to the news that you've gone into labor!!

I've just posed my birth story on the birth announcement page, and have written the longer version in two separate journal entries. Overall, it was a very amazing experience!

My little Piper Elizabeth is keeping me very busy at home, but we are beginning to settle into a routine. Breastfeeding has been the biggest challenge so far, and we're still working through it. I truly believed - despite all of my friends who've told me how challenging breastfeeding can be - that i would be magical and that breastfeeding would be a breeze. We have a lactation consultant coming to the house this week, so hopefully that will help!

Thinking of you all, and fingers crossed that things will be happening soon for all of you.

On a side note - I ALREADY miss being pregnant. I was so ready to be done and to meet my little girl. I am SO happy she is hear, but there is definitely a bit of sadness knowing that I will never be so close to my little baby girl again. So, although you probably don't want to hear this, try to make the most of those final moments of your pregnancy! It truly is a miracle!

NewBeginnings79

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 5, 2012 10:42pm

New- Bravo that you are getting help sooner than later! It's so important to get that routine set up and to have supportive people around, not to mention professional help ASAP if things aren't ironing out, so bravo!

wasser- I hope you meet your little boy soon! Any new symptoms? I hope you won't have to fight over the hot tub. Everyone tells me that is THE place to be during labor, so I hope you can have it all to yourself!

I've been having frequent stools (sorry TMI!) since yesterday. Not diarrhea, just frequent and annoying!!! At first I was excited, any change might mean that he's on his way, but nothing yet. On the plus side, he can come any day! I hope sooner than later. In-laws will be here in 4 days, so I was hoping baby would arrive before the in-laws do. No pressure.... I warned them that first-time moms on average deliver a week late, so they might be hanging out with just me. I'm trying to make a list of things for them to do...

Anyone else having any symptoms?

prinny307

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 6, 2012 1:35pm

At my checkup on Friday, baby was in the perfect position, head down and facing my spine, but the head could still wobble side to side a little so not engaged yet. She showed me how to feel it all, so I have a sense of how big baby is!

I've been having more BH and my pelvic bones are SO sore when I lay on my side. It was torture last night. I might have to sleep sitting up on the couch. I wonder if that means baby is getting engaged?

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by curl_gurl » Aug. 6, 2012 3:40pm

Hey ladies, I see we all are playing the waiting game right now.

@new I'm glad all is well and good luck with breastfeeding.

Well, at my check-up on friday all my blood work was normal but I tested positive for strep B. The baby weighs about 5lbs 20oz and she is measuring a week behind still, but last time it was 2 weeks. She is in the 13th percnetile, in April she was in the 20th percentile.So they cheked the umbilical cord and placenta and fluids and all is good.HB is good.They did a stress test and that was good also. So, doc said if in 2 weeks she is still measuring small they will induce me on 8/20, i hope she comes before than b/c I saw don't want to be induced, I want a med free delivery.My doc thinks I'm just having a small baby. So, I'm trying not to be worried and just staying positive and just reassurring myself that I'm just having a small baby.

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Aug. 7, 2012 12:20am

@curl: Oh yeah. Night sweats.
<sarcasm>Fun times......</sarcasm>
So glad you're full term now, too, though. It feels good when you can start telling your baby "Okay, kiddo, it's now officially safe to come whenever you feel like it."

So, my EDD is TOMORROW. Warning, TMI: I woke up this morning with some really..... sudden diarrhea. I actually posted a question about it earlier. Now, I've had pretty regular bowel movements once or twice a day for the past week or so, but I'm pretty sure that aside from the bowl of cereal I had just beforehand, I was completely EMPTY after the 4 bathroom rushes between 6 and 11am.

Did any of you more experienced moms have diarrhea shortly before labor? because I heard it was an early labor symptom, but my mom knew nothing about it. Told me to call my MW, but she's not in the office on mondays.

so, anybody? anybody?

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 7, 2012 1:48pm

@june- so did you go into labor? I had 8 soft bowel movements 2 days ago within 5 hours and sadly it didn't predict labor. I am now 39 weeks and 5 days. Still waiting for kiddo. I read that diarrhea can be an early sign of labor. Think of all those braxton hicks wringing you out or that your body is clearing out everything so baby has as much room as possible. I hope it is the start for you! Let us know!

prinny307

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 7, 2012 3:44pm

According the the "Laugh and Learn about Childbirth" DVD, the signs of approaching labor within the next few days or weeks:
* more BH contractions (they change with your activity, like sitting vs. standing)
* weight stabilization
* baby dropping into the pelvis (breathe easier and pee more)
* diarrhea (usually 24 hours before)
* nesting energy burst (lasts 48 hours)
* increased vaginal discharge

And the definate signs of labor coming soon:
* losing the mucus plug (can be one glob or several days, bloody show means cervix is definately getting ready)
* water breaking (sometimes happens before labor, sometimes later during; can be a gush or trickle)
* true contractions (time for action when they're 5 min. apart from start to start, 1 min. long, and been this way for 1 hour)

I've got the increased BH and weight stabilization. I might be having the nesting energy burst, but my pelvic bones are super sore. Does that mean baby is dropping down there? See, I went for a walk around the block (wow, energy!), but my motive was to try to feel better. It didn't work.

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Aug. 7, 2012 8:00pm

No, I'm still preggers.... No labor yet.
I have a non-stress test at my midwife's today.

I get weirded out because my mom never felt contractions with her first 2.
She just went in to the hospital. She did have back labor with my sister, but with my older brother she just kinda went in on a hunch.
With me they gave her pitocin 2 weeks early. She grabbed my dad by the collar and said "I oughta smack your mother!" I really don't want pitocin. at all.
Her labor with my little brother was going fine until they gave her pitocin for no medical reason.
And then they didn't give the epidural until she'd been at a 10 for five minutes. and they let her rip all the way that time.

Anyway... I figure at some point my body's instinct will take over and I'll know that I'm in labor, but I really can't help the "Is this it?" kind of thinking.

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 8, 2012 12:57am

Darn june! Well i am right there with you and am hoping you have a lovely birthing experience. I also pray for no pitocin. I have a hard time not analyzing everything, i so want this process over because this pregnancy has been just a physical nightmare.. he will come when he comes, but it is depressing as another day passes and i remain pregnant and horribly uncomfortable. Most days i just want to cry. At least it can't last forever! I think i will be happier once he is born. I woild love to havr feeling in my hands and get more than 15 minutes .of sleep at a time

prinny307

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 8, 2012 11:06am

Had a melt down last night but am now able to accept baby going past his due date despite my physical discomforts and the in-laws arriving tomorrow . I am due tomorrow. I am now hoping for healthy baby, no induction and no forced c-section due to his large size. Next appointment is on friday. I will agree to an ultrasound and find out if he is over 10 pounds and thereby a required c-section.

prinny307

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 8, 2012 1:24pm

Prinny, I shared a message on your wall!

I found this post-partum pad and wash recipe that might be useful. At least it'll give me something to do: http://www.milkfriendly.com/2012/06/post-partum-care-make-your-own-frozen.html

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Aug. 8, 2012 11:03pm

yup yup yup. I hear you there, Prinny.
Can't tell you how much I love that username, btw.

Yeah, the discomfort just got worse. i started pumping a couple weeks ago, because I was leaking a lot on my shirt at night, (and also to help stimulate contractions) And the CNA at my midwife's office just told me I could have a clogged duct in my right breast.
It. hurts. so. much.

Really wish I had a heating pad right now. :(

I just wanna meet my baby so bad, why hasn't he come out yet?

I broke down and bawled a few nights ago. My husband came in and when he realized I was crying he laid down next to me and held onto me, stroking my hair and rubbing my back and shoulders. Good man.
I just felt so hopeless and helpless, I couldn't believe that I was still pregnant. I felt like i was doing everything I possibly could to go into labor, why wasn't it working? Was there something wrong with my body?
And I know it's not possible, but sometimes I feel like he's never coming out, like I'm going to have this huge belly forever, that he'll never sleep in his crib, never smile at me or his daddy, that I'll never be able to sleep on my stomach again, that his clothes will never get worn or dirty.
I know I won't be pregnant forever, but it certainly feels that way.

And then again there's that uncertainty of "how will I know a contraction if I feel it? Mom never felt them...."

I just feel like @#$%^&*&^%$#$%^&*(.)*^%$##$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 9, 2012 1:10am

@June- thanks! Prinny is my husband's nickname for me, it's a shortened version of princess. :)

OH NO about the clogged duct!! Those are awful!! What are you doing for it? hot showers are nice, might help you relax on top of helping open up the plugged duct. Is it on the bottom side of the breast? My lactation consultant warned me to not wear underwires because it causes clogged ducts. I didn't listen. I'm wondering now if I should've listened..

I tried pumping for about a week and gave up. I was pumping to help with contractions, then read that you have to pump for like hours in order for it to help bring on labor and honestly, I think my nipples would FALL OFF! So I say the pump stays in its bag. I don't want to start breastfeeding with sore nipples! It's hard enough! Can I say, how awesome that you're leaking! I know, an odd thing to be happy for, but hey you are going to have great milk supply for your baby and your body is so awesome at being ready for him already! Have you tried just wearing nursing pads to absorb the leaks? Are you finding that pumping is helping?

June, I completely completely empathize with you honey. I think you're a day ahead of me, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you due today? I wanted to write a few things, I originally was going to write them privately, but I think it's something we all need to hear when we're this far along, so I'm posting here. :) You are NOT alone! Did you know that 50% of pregnancies go past 40 weeks? I feel like we got set up for disappointment! Half of pregnant women go past their due date and feel just like we do- frustrated, scared, overwhelmed, anxious discouraged and wondering if there's something wrong with your body that you haven't delivered yet. They should make the due date for 42 weeks. Most OBs will not let you go beyond 42 weeks for many reasons that I won't get into. I personally sent my pregnant patients for induction near the end of the 41st week. So there is an end in sight, you are SO CLOSE to holding your baby! And trust me, you are doing so awesome. You're making colostrum so well that you're leaking?! awesome!! You are going to have one happy milk-drugged baby!! Your body is going through so many changes right now to bring baby into the world, we just don't always recognize that it's happening because it's so subtle. And if you go from one visit to the next without any obvious change, you are still preparing for labor with every single braxton hicks and with every shift of your hips that settles him deeper in the pelvis. Sadly, nothing has been proven to help bring on labor and it is definitely discouraging to take walks or have accupressure or anything only to find yourself still pregnant. So you can try things, but realize that it's not in your control. But most importantly, remember that it's almost over, you're in the home stretch, you will not be pregnant forever, though it feels like you will be. Your OB won't allow that to happen, so just hang in there!

It sounds like you have some great support with your husband. Sometimes guys can be so great! Sometimes though, it also helps to just vent to someone else that's in the exact same situation, so if you ever feel like you need to vent, email me! :) I swear, I am looking forward to your delivery and everyone else's almost as much as I look forward to my own! By the way, I can't be grossed out by anything, I'm a nurse practitioner and I do GYN all day long. ;)

One of the best things I've heard about pregnancy is that it is the single hardest thing a woman goes through, and most importantly, it ENDS. I think we're all doing an amazing job of powering through pregnancy as optimistically as we can. When you're done, no one can take motherhood or your journey away from you. Nothing will be as challenging or as rewarding. You will deliver one way or another, there is an end to this, and you will have an amazing story that I want all the gorey details about! You will sleep on your stomach again. You will be able to paint your toes. You will be able to dress in not maternity clothes. You will be able to enjoy your favorite wine again. You will be able to sleep through the night (though not right away). You will have someone beside you to help you care for the baby instead of doing all the work right now on your own, or so it feels anyway. You will be an amazing mom because you're already doing an amazing job caring for the baby inside of you! So put your feet up and relax! Sometimes relaxation is all it takes, think of all the women who wake up with labor pains and all they did was go to sleep relaxed. Most importantly of all, don't forget that this will not last forever, you will not be pregnant forever, you have a maximum of 2 weeks to go, tops. So hang in there and if you need more support during those 2 weeks, come find me! My last day of work is tomorrow and I really am not going to do anything except put my swollen feet up. :)

By the way, thank you for being brave to say that sometimes it just stinks to be pregnant. I think we all have our breaking points. I hit mine yesterday, a stuffy nose had me hysterical about how this pregnancy is never going to end. ha!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your upcoming appointments, non-stress tests and labor symptoms! Only 2 weeks max to go! Maybe days, maybe hours, who knows!! Talk about anticipation... :)

prinny307

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 9, 2012 1:24am

Most annoying comments to hear after your due date? "you're still pregnant?!" or "why haven't you popped yet??" or even just a phone call "did you deliver yet?". If I weren't polite, I'd punch someone in the mouth. We have enough pressure, thank you. ;)

prinny307

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 9, 2012 2:03am

also what happens to the countdown ticker on here once you go beyond your due date? Does it say 101% done? Zero days to go? I find that really frustrating right now.. I guess I will find out the answer tomorrow!

prinny307

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 9, 2012 5:10am

@sage- thanks for your comment and website suggestion!!!

prinny307