Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Countdown is On - End of July/Beginning August Babies - Page 6

Replies (117)

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 14, 2012 1:40pm

Good luck, Prinny!!!

And ladies, hang in there with the breastfeeding. My friends reassure me that it's horrible at first but if you stick with it and get through those first weeks, it's SOOO worth it. One friend had all kinds of problems so she already loaded me up with the shields and creams. I'm ready! Just need a baby.

Jaundice -- Give the baby a little time in the sun each day. My cousin's doctor had them sit the baby in a sunny window daily, I don't know how long.

My appt. yesterday was cancelled because the midwife had been up all night at a birth. So it's rescheduled for Friday, the day before my due date. And a friend of mine who was due the same day as me gave birth yesterday, which was my dad's birthday. I'm really glad for her but depressed about myself. I feel like nothing is going on with me. I had pelvic pain over the weekend, but something popped and now I feel fine. Lots of BH, but I hardly feel them. No discharge, even less than I had earlier in pregnancy. My mom and her mom both had the water break in the morning and gave birth by evening, so I'm wondering if the same will happen to me. My mom says she didn't notice any warning signs, but she wasn't looking for them. I still don't have the "bowling ball between the legs" feeling, so I'm not sure baby is down far enough to get labor going. Now we won't find out how far down it is until Friday.

Time to go for a walk. At least the weather is cool enough to allow that now. But I still heat up with a hot flash about 30 min. after eating! I think those are getting stronger. Even with the A/C and fans, I have sweat running!

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 14, 2012 2:41pm

Inlove- the lactation consultants are wonderful . I have seen them a few times and I am thinking I def need help with my bad left boob problem. Every time we try that side he does not latch well and just cries at that boob it is very frustrating I really don't want to supplement him with formula at all. Luckily this state has a really good breast milk donor program we have been using to supplement and the hospital has me pumping now every two hours and from what I've read the more you drain the breast by pumping or feeding the more milk you should produce but I've noticed that my milk supply has gone down :/ Ugh. Let me know what the lactation consultant says.

Prinny- oh sounds promising ! Good luck today and totally agree with inlove you will know when it's time ! But hopefully those contractions you were having has given you progress with dilation and effacement. Before I was induced I was 1 cm and 50% .

Sage- sorry you have to wait. Hope you get some good news at least on Friday. In the meantime keep walking girl! Also the hot flashes will get worse post partum . It's how our bodies get rid of the extra fluid retention after birth. So you will get some crazy night sweats. Mine are just now starting to calm down though. :)

knicole27

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 14, 2012 7:22pm

Knicole- i hope things go well with consultant. Why is there a bad latch? Is it too shallow a latch? Maybe tickle under baby's nose, or just above the lip or on the chin to get that big open mouth and aim nipple towards the roof of baby's mouth? It is frustrating but so beneficial for you both! Good luck with consultant!

2 cm dilated on exam, several contractions on the monitor, provider stripped my membranes- holy uncomfortable, contractions are more intense now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

prinny307

Reply by inlove » Aug. 14, 2012 8:01pm

@Prinny- I'm sure that will work. I was 2cm when they stripped mine as well, I started contracting the same as you..took a lil while to really pick up but by the time I got to hosp I was 4-5cm. Try to rest now while you still can! You don't want to tire out! If things don't pick up after a few hours..try having dh poke around ;-P its very uncomfortable but works!

@Knicole- so the consultant appt went very good! I broke down in tears a few times, so emotional! Post partum blues :( but afterwards I felt a ton was lifted off me. She told me to continue doing what I'm doing for now..pumping the bad side; no feeding. She got a dr to give me a script for my nips. Tiana has a short tongue with a long web at bottom and my short nipples are conflicting :-s so I'm using nipple shields that go over my nipple to extend it in her mouth. Just wondering about the pumping..how much do you usually get out? What kind of pump are you using?

inlove

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 14, 2012 8:22pm

@sage- every woman and every pregnancy is different. Trust your body, know it is preparing you for delivery even if it isn't giving you any hints. I never had bowling ball feeling. I didn't have discharge until the plug fell out. I had a friend whose provider told her the baby's head was still up high and she would probably need to be induced, and baby was delivered that very day! Providers can't predict labor well either! Signs are reassuring that things are progressing, but don't be depressed at all if they aren't showing up yet! Maybe you will get them all at once!!! Trust your body, it knows what to do and is definitely working hard to do its job! I am thinking of you and sending labor vibes your way. ;-)

prinny307

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 15, 2012 12:49pm

Inlove-glad it went so well. I wish I didn't have to pump I just wish my baby was home already :/. I hate leaving him everyday even though I know its best for his care and him. I was pumping this morning half awake at five am and I did a bonehead move lol well honestly was super tired soooo anyways I'm pumping away when I notice my usual high producing boob was not giving me any milk and so I was kind of freaking out till I realized the cup thing seal was loose and my shirt on that side was soaking wet with breast milk sooooo I was just pumping my milk away into my shirt. :/ so nice. So so much for that pumping ugh.im using a rental pump from the hospital it's a madela lactina select. I'm pumping about 8-9 times a day. The lactation consultant wanted me to up my pumpings to increase my milk volume but honestly I have noticed the volume has gone down . Argh. Each pumping I'm getting about 2 oz and. That's from both breasts combined so like an oz each boob. I was freaked out about it but in my book I'm reading about breast feeding it says that babies from two to three weeks old drink 2-2 1/2 oz per feeding so I guess my body just knows. Then it goes up to 3-4 oz per feeding at about a month. But from what I've sen in the nicu they are way over feeding my son . Hrmm.. His latch is awesome on the right but the left its like he gets frustrated at that boob. He tries to latch but ends up just crying. Speaking of pumping , it's about that time again...oh my poor sore nipples lol....

knicole27

Reply by prinny307 » Aug. 16, 2012 7:10am

Hey everyone! I delivered a healthy baby boy vaginally on 8/15, 40 weeks and 6 days pregnant. He was my first baby, weighing 9 pounds, 2.6 ounces, 21 inches. I will post my birth story soon! Still coming here to hear all your birth stories. :-)

prinny307

Reply by inlove » Aug. 16, 2012 11:56am

Wow prinny !! Can't wait to hear your birth story

inlove

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 16, 2012 3:25pm

Aww yay for a nice big healthy baby! Congrats Prinny !

knicole27

Reply by curl_gurl » Aug. 16, 2012 4:32pm

congrats prinny!

User Image

curl_gurl

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Aug. 16, 2012 5:51pm

Sorry it took me so long!
SamSam came on Sunday at 1:05pm. He was 7 lbs 9 oz of utter awesomeness! It took about six pushes to get his head out, and only one for his shoulders. As soon as they put him on my chest he opened his eyes and was looking at me, he did that cute little coughing cry.

The contractions were way uncomfortable, but I think that is because I ate waaay too much in early labor.
DH applied counter pressure on my back the whole time.

The only part that actually hurt was his head coming out and a tiny tear that I got right then.

I'll post the full birth story later, I just wanted to update everyone.

Sam was a kinda Jaundiced at the hospital, so they sent us home with a UV blanket, and we're taking him to see a pediatrician today to see how he's doing. he feeds well, sleeps well. Couldn't ask for a better baby. <3 <3 <3

PS I was able to go entirely natural just like I wanted! God loves me.

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 16, 2012 6:47pm

Congrats june thats awesome!! cant wait to see pictures of the lil one!!!

I had wanted a natural birth..unfortunately for me I probably had one of THE MOST medicated births...ever. So because of this i don't remember everything. I remember bits and pieces of things.. i remember the pain and the feeling of the pressure in my back and butt before pushing. But I just looked at some photos of me laboring and the birth which was 30 hrs long and i dont remember half of it! :/ but the only good thing that came out of being that high on all kinds of stupid things was.. the 30 hrs felt like 5 hrs. I guess... I seriously had a really traumatic birth and labor experience but.. its the card I was dealt and... its over now. I know that I have guardian angels though because a lot of the nurses said I should have ended up in the ICU after I had him but did not. So very thankful for that.

Can't wait to see some photos of these babies!!! I just finally got around to posting Liam's here today! :)

knicole27

Reply by inlove » Aug. 16, 2012 8:19pm

Yay August babies!!
June! Glad ur L+D went as planned! Can't wait for details and pics!

@knicole- I read your birth story..Wow girl you went through A LOT! Most important thing is that your lil man is here safe and sound and your healthy again! I've never heard of the HELLP before. Must of been such a scary experience! Did your dh make it on time? How long is he back for now? You must be one strong woman!

inlove

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 18, 2012 11:34pm

Today is the due date! Not much going on. The practice contractions are a little stronger, but still very irregular and not involving my back nor really painful. One good thing: I'm finally having a little discharge! So maybe the plug is starting to break up? Baby is still kicking a lot. I was supposed to have a check-up yesterday, but it got moved to tomorrow. When I went for a walk this morning, one of the neighbors reassured me, "The apple will fall from the tree when it's ripe."

User Image

User Image

sageviolet

Reply by JuneBrideCarter » Aug. 21, 2012 12:33am

Woot Woot Prinny and knicole!

Glad you guys are all doing well.
Thank goodness you weren't in ICU, knicole! That would be scary.

Can't wait to read everybody's birth stories!

JuneBrideCarter

Reply by sageviolet » Aug. 21, 2012 4:46pm

It's a girl! Our daughter arrived last night, born at home. She weighs 7lb. 15oz, 20 inches long. I had bloody show at 3am and contractions started shortly thereafter. By 6am they were 5 or 6 minutes apart, and by 7am I was in active labor that I couldn't talk through them. It was going so fast! But then around 2 or 3pm I changed positions and whether it was a bad position or I was tired and dozing off between to much, I don't know, but they slowed down. They got more intense again later when I decided to get into the shower and bathtub. But then I wasn't pushing enough and had a tight hymnal ring, and the baby's heartrate was going down plus there was blood (turns out I had a tear), so I ended up laying on my back at the end and screaming when the midwife had her hands up there to help -- not exactly how I'd envisioned a homebirth! But I'm sure I would've ended up with a C-section at a hospital, so it was worth it. I"m still a bit miserable wearing an icepack down there for 24 hours, but it'll heal soon. DH was so sweet distracting me while she did the stitches. We sang a very long round of "Old MacDonald", lol! Oh, and a unique thing about homebirth is that they try to tempt you to eat and drink all day to keep your strength up.. I'm so glad my mom came to run the kitchen and take care of household chores.

sageviolet

Reply by knicole27 » Aug. 21, 2012 10:57pm

Congrats Sage on your baby girl!! cant wait to see some pics!!! I also tore so.. I know all about the ice pack thing.. I was super swollen too afterward.

ty June...ty inlove I had never heard of HELLP before either. Sadly its a 25-50% chance of me developing it again if i were to become pregnant again. However I would be considered high risk so i would be monitored closely at least but so much for any kind of birth i would like (home birth with midwife) I am forever stamped now with this Pre eclampsia with HELLP syndrome in my medical history which is all kinds of high risk so.. yeah no more midwives for me .. only OBs. I am not ready at all to discuss even thinking of having another one though right now. I am still traumatized. I had a rough pregnancy followed by a rough labor and delivery.

lately I have been feeling really depressed.. feel like crying all the time. This nicu stuff is really getting to me lately. I just want my baby home. I am trying to hold it together but some days are easier than others...

knicole27