May 2015 babies! - Page 5

Replies (106)

Reply by Quartz3 » Jan. 21, 2015 6:27pm

Ooh, so exciting! Congrats!

Quartz3

Reply by xSharky7 » Jan. 23, 2015 4:58pm

congrats to the new mommies
I hope it all goes well for everyone
I'm about 6 months now and am currently staying with my mom and it has been so helpful
I well be going next week to check on everything
Good luck to all

xSharky7

Reply by rawrimagiant » Jan. 24, 2015 1:20pm

So, I'd been thinking how convenient it'd be to have a second boy, but now that I know it's a girl, I'm pretty excited. (I was even knitting up little green hats and mitts for the hospital, which I guess I'll donate once I get there). Now I just have to pick out some names... my dilemma with that is my son's name is Julian (DH is a HUGE roman history buff) so I'd like her name to fit the scheme, so to speak. For instance, I think 'Matt and Sarah" sound good together, but 'Julian and Becky' sounds weird. But all the female latin names I've read are names like 'Agrippa' or 'Agatha'. Blegh. And I don't want to do another J name, or one that ends similarly ('Lillian' or the like). Sigh. My husband wants 'Persephone', but I think that'd be tough on the kid as far as no one being able to spell or pronounce her name (even into adulthood) and absolutely no nickname potential besides 'Percy'. >.< Oh, the trials of motherhood. XD

Is anyone else getting those quick stabbing sensations on either side of the groin, right inside the hips? Man, that hurts sometimes. Thank goodness it's quick.

rawrimagiant

Reply by Quartz3 » Jan. 27, 2015 1:08pm

We're having a hard time picking out a name over here as well! For our son, the name we picked was really our only option - there was only one name that we both liked! So the down side of having a second boy is having to find another boy name! We've been trying to figure it out for two weeks without success. I like some names that my boyfriend doesn't like and vice-versa!

Quartz3

Reply by calvingirl » Feb. 5, 2015 3:16pm

How is everyone doing? We should all be in the nice, pretty, big belly phase, right? I'm starting to get more aches and pains and I've had a couple braxton hicks already - small ones but I recognize the tightening feeling.

calvingirl

Reply by xSharky7 » Mar. 2, 2015 6:51pm

hey there
it's been a long time since I wrote something
Hope everyone here is doing well and congrats to all the new moms here

I just wanted to say i'm 30 weeks pregnant
7 months and a half and it's my first time
and the more I get closer the more I start freaking out . i'm really getting so scared of giving birth I even have dreams about it
I don't know how to get over it

xSharky7

Reply by Quartz3 » Mar. 3, 2015 1:14pm

Ha, I was scared of giving birth the first time I was pregnant too! But what I always found good about a pregnancy is that by the time you get to 38-40 weeks, all the aches and pain make you WANT to deliver that baby.

Have you had prenatal classes? Do you have a birth plan? Have you discussed delivery with your doctor? All these things might help you approach delivery with a little less fear.

Quartz3

Reply by calvingirl » Mar. 3, 2015 1:35pm

Yes, the hardest part is not knowing what is going to happen - it's the fear of the unknown. Once you know, it's not so bad.

Just remember that our body knows what its doing, and it's an intense feeling because you feel out of control and on a ride where there is no stopping. The pain, for me anyway, was never worse than the worse cramps I've had, and we all know that feeling. It's not going to be some shocking knife through your stomach feeling. Just breathe and keep hydrated. The pushing part is again, out of your control, and you'll want to get that baby out like a big BM (Sorry for the graphic) but the urge will be there. By then, it'll feel good to push - with drugs or without.

It's exciting. The closer I get, the more I look forward to it actually. I want to meet this little alien that keeps poking me. :)

calvingirl

Reply by rawrimagiant » Mar. 7, 2015 5:08pm

I know when I was pregnant with my first, the thought of the '30 hour labor' story happening to me... I was very nervous. If that's the case- I went into the first stage of labor at about 5:30 am, and slept through the first few hours. Realized I was actually in labor, and still felt good enough to get a shower, pack my hospital bag (oops, lol), and leave for the hospital at around noon (hospital was 45 mins away). Didn't deliver until 7:15 pm. Active labor is the hard part, and that doesn't last too long (seems like only a few moments.) So technically It was about 14 hours, but it's really not as bad as it sounds. It's worth it. (otherwise you wouldn't see ladies with 6 children. lol.) You'll be ok. :)

rawrimagiant

Reply by Quartz3 » Mar. 10, 2015 12:35pm

I saw my doctor yesterday, and she confirmed my suspicions that baby was head down! I'm sooooo excited!

How are you ladies doing?

Quartz3

Reply by calvingirl » Mar. 10, 2015 1:04pm

That's awesome! I have a feeling mine is still head up. I have my next scan in April, so hopefully she'll be down by then. I just started my 3rd trimester today - feeling pretty good!

calvingirl

Reply by xSharky7 » Apr. 13, 2015 3:35am

hey everyone
i'm currently 9 months now. The baby's head down and am taking child birth education classes am really hoping I will deliver after my husband comes he is working abroad which is in 2 weeks. I got everything so far except a car seat and stroller which I will get very soon.
Thank God all is going great
how is everyone else doing ?

xSharky7

Reply by rawrimagiant » Apr. 21, 2015 10:05pm

I'm getting to that nervous part of late pregnancy, questioning things that no one can possibly answer (will the birth go better this time, how will my son react to another baby, etc.). Her crib is set up, I have most of the clothes I'll need for the first 9 or so months, I still need a double stroller but that's what my MIL is getting for us so I'm not too worried.
I'm feeling guilty, as I'm not nearly as active as I feel I should be with my toddler. I mean, we color on the floor and stuff and do puzzles, but he's got more energy than that and it's getting hard for me to get up, let alone chase him around like he expects me to. (I chase him while stomping my feet and he hides in a corner until I come and tickle him, and he runs and finds another corner to repeat the process. I used to do this for a long time, now it seems 10 minutes of it has me dying to sit down. *sigh*)
Part of me is questioning how I plan on taking care of two children if one is difficult. I just keep telling myself 'some women go on to have 5 or more kids and somehow manage', though that's only somewhat reassuring. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'll have to, lol.
How is everyone else doing? Good, I hope!

rawrimagiant

Reply by calvingirl » Apr. 27, 2015 2:18pm

I've never had a baby and a toddler at the same time, but I've watched my 4 sisters do it and I've heard their advice to expecting mothers of two under three.
- They say you have to commit to the first six weeks with the newborn establishing that relationship, and you can't feel guilty about that because if that breastfeeding/bonding relationship is solid, then that toddler gets so much more of you afterwards because both are emotionally and physically satisfied.
- Its a wonderful time for Daddy to bond with toddler and become primary caregiver - trust him. It's hard to let go of that control, but it's better for everyone if you do.
- They say to not be afraid to ask for help, and let the person help your toddler - help with chores, cook dinner - YOU tend to the baby.
-They also say there will be times you might have to let one or the other cry while you prioritize, but they'll be fine and be more mature for a slight delay in instant gratification (I'm not advocating crying it out method - just if toddler scrapes a knee, it's ok to let the baby cry a little to tend to older sibling.)

Most of all, know that you are going to be great, and they will both have plenty of mommy time. No need to save up for their future therapy just yet :)

Mind you - this is just what I've heard but it makes sense to me. I have 5 at home, but most are teenagers, so although I'll be dealing with some jealousy of my time, even the 5 yr old is pretty self sufficient.

calvingirl

Reply by calvingirl » May. 8, 2015 1:47pm

Any birth announcements? Anybody getting close? I'm counting down the days...

New Little One is my Christmas Present this year!
User Image
Oscar William, born June 15, 2015

calvingirl

Reply by Quartz3 » May. 9, 2015 4:55pm

I was just wondering the same thing!

Can't wait to hold my baby in my arms!

Quartz3

Reply by xSharky7 » May. 14, 2015 11:04pm

hello everyone
so I had my baby boy almost a week ago had it all natural
this is my first kid. I felt pain like never before. so glad it is over. now just trying to adjust to the baby's sleeps
all doing ok so far.

xSharky7

Reply by calvingirl » May. 15, 2015 2:20pm

Congratulations!! So glad everything went well. Yeah, it's a bit painful. So proud of you doing it all natural though...good job mama! Post pics of your little one soon!

calvingirl

Reply by Quartz3 » May. 15, 2015 3:27pm

Congrats xSharky7!!! I went all natural with my first baby too and loved the experience. The first few weeks are the toughest, especially when it comes to sleep patterns! A friend of mine told me "The sleepless nights only last so long, you might as well enjoy them!" ;)

Quartz3

Reply by rawrimagiant » May. 16, 2015 12:48pm

Congratulations!! The new sleep schedule is a bit taxing at first, but you'll fall into a rhythm with him. Since it's your first, at least you can try to nap when he does! ;D

13 days until my due date, though my doctor told me that since my son was a few days early, more than likely she will be too, so maybe even less! Squee! I can't wait to have her out of my belly and in my arms. How's everyone else doing?

rawrimagiant