Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

September 2012 Babies -Part 6! The Final Chapter? - Page 14

Replies (282)

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 27, 2012 9:55pm

dsdaye - Congrats!! I cannot believe we have another 9lb baby!! Sorry to hear about the use of the vac...good thing these babies won't remember a thing! . Hope you are doing well mama.

gppacen - That's too bad there were no changes from your last appointment. I know at this point the anticipation of meeting your little baby is piling up inside!!

Coomy/knicole/Auburn - We appreciate you checking in on us!! haha Totally understand you are busy with your newborns though :) Can't wait to be busy like that too!

AFM - Had another OB appointment and I have dilated from 1cm to 2cm now. Yesterday I had my first full day of on again off again period like cramping. I definitely knew things were happening with my body. Today has been the same. At 8am I woke up to pee and the pain was pretty bad, but subsided in about a minute or two. Doc says that is pre-labour and DH asked her what if she thinks we'll make my sister's wedding this weekend...she said "I can't guarantee you'll be there"...yikes I still hold out hope that I will be there though. I just bought a new dress and heels that I love and I really wanna wear them dammit! lol Will keep you updated!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by MrsMeggieMac » Sep. 28, 2012 5:33pm

My man is here!!!
Started having contractions on 9/21 at 6pm. Went from 6 to 3 min apart in an hour. Was admitted to hospital I was 1cm, fully effaced but baby was -1. I got into the hot tub and went from 1cm to 4cm in 2 hrs with no pain meds. Finally pain got so bad I got an IV with pain meds. After many hours of being at 4cm and -1 they gave me an epidural, broke my water and gave me pitocin. After 20 hours the baby never descended, my temperature started rising. I got to 103 then they took me into the OR. Since my temp was so high they told me my baby would have to go to NICU for at least 48 hours. They took him out and the cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times. Everything turned out great though. His apgar was 9 and no negative problems from the temperature. He is perfect!
Pictures up soon!

MrsMeggieMac

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 28, 2012 5:54pm

Congrats MeggieMac!! Scary about the cord, but glad everything turned out well!

I just had my bloody show! So we shall see when baby decided to come! My sister gets married tomorrow ..yikes!

Mrs.Mom

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 29, 2012 8:29pm

Congrats Meggie! Good thing for the section after all! I was in the same boat, had to have a section and learned the cord was around his neck!! Glad someone was looking out for our little guys!

Mom-- waiting to hear if you made it to the wedding, the hospital or both!!!!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 30, 2012 6:48am

Hi Ladies - I am in one other forum and posted an update so I am copying my post into here (for anyone who mightr read both)

It's 2:30 am ..I made it through the wedding and reception! I've still had the pain waves all day, but just would put my head down and breath until it was gone (hoping no one would notice the pain I was in) Since I've been home the pain has been really bad. When I try to sleep, the pain seems to come more often and be harder to manage. So I got up and am on the computer now trying to keep myself from the laying down position. Problem is...I haven't slept now in almost 48hrs. I'm exhausted and I know I will need my rest for when I go into active labour. I still have NO idea if what I've been having is real contractions or "pre-labour" pains. All I know is I can't lay down anymore as the pain when I do that is too much and too frequent. Since I got out of bed the pain waves come less frequently...right now the pain is too speratic and I know I'm only supposed to go into L&D when contractions are closer to 5min apart and consistent (which mine are not yet). I can't go on like this though...I need sleep :(

Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by beckster » Sep. 30, 2012 9:48am

Cassie if the pain is that bad I would seriousy consider going to L&D. My contractions were not regular with both of my labours. Last week my contractions were going from 3 mins apart to 10 mins and 3 hours later I was holding my baby. Just goes to show everyone is different and not all labours are text book. I would get checked out just in case and for your own peace of mind so you can get some rest.

AFM things are going great. Beau is a week old now, its unbeliveable how time flys. I check in here everyday to read updates still, just never really have the time to post. I've still got to post my birth story so will try to do that at some point this week.

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing well.

Becky

beckster

Reply by knicole27 » Sep. 30, 2012 5:08pm

I think I learned in one of my parenting classes that if the contractions are strong enough that you can't talk through them...then it's time to go into l&d or at least call them. Sounds like your in labor t me Cassie. Thinking of you hoping to here of a birth announcement soon!

knicole27

Reply by AuburnMama » Sep. 30, 2012 6:33pm

Ditto...I'd go too. My contractions weren't regular until I received my epidural, then they got way more consistent. Good luck!

AuburnMama

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Sep. 30, 2012 8:34pm

Hi Ladies - I called L&D and the nurse said they prefer the contractions to be more consistent and more often before I come in...so...I have been in bed all day. We had to make the drive home from London (45min) so I am home now which is nice.

Nurse told me she understands it sucks that I have now had this pain for 2 days (today being my 3rd), but that it is the early stages of labour and I'm not quite ready to be admitted to L&D yet. She said to take a warm bath and try to relax. I don't really like baths, but maybe I will get so fed up I will have one. I hope I'm not like this for days before things start progressing!

Thanks for all your responses...this site has been my savior these last few days. Will update if/when anything changes.

Cassie

Mrs.Mom

Reply by tallesss » Oct. 1, 2012 2:35pm

Hmm Cassie,

Makes me wonder what they'd have done if i had gone in on the 21st when I was having contraction 5mins apart consistently for more than 2 hrs!

Dag nabbit! Oh well it's Oct 1 and my tenant is still lapping up life in the womb.

I am miserable! Sleep eludes me.

Cassie, it does sound as though you are very close to holding your baby, i wish you relief from the pain and a smoothe delivery.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by Heather1386 » Oct. 2, 2012 6:53am

I gave birth on friday (sept 28th) at 5:30pm. Our daughter Haley-Louise Eva) was 6lbs 8oz and 19 1/2 inches. Labor went good lasted 18 hours planned to do natural but the length of delivery was tiring. So I got the epidural to rest alittle. But instead I dialted from 4cm to 10 cm in an hour and half. I was able to deliver vaginally with small surface tare. Things are good, just adjusting to breastfeeding and new baby! :)

User Image

Heather1386

Reply by tallesss » Oct. 4, 2012 9:52am

Good Morning Ladies,
I'm off the hospital, getting a CS in 3hrs, will post an update as soon as I get a chance.

Hope all is well

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by gppacen » Oct. 4, 2012 8:20pm

Talless - Hope everything went well!!

I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow so we'll see how that goes:)

User Image

gppacen

Reply by tallesss » Oct. 5, 2012 2:28am

Hi Ladies,

Noelle Sade was delivered this morning at 9.36 am 7lbs 14oz and 20.75inches long!

will post pics tomorrow.

User Image

User Image

tallesss

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Oct. 6, 2012 5:30am

Hi Ladies - it's been hard to update but I have given birth and posted it quickly. These first few days have been tougher than I ever imagined. I'm BF and Ruby seems to want to be on the boob whenever she is awake (which is all the time!). I'm run down and feeling kinda depressed. My boobs are so sore I'm leaning towards formula only. I have slept 3hrs in the last 48hrs and I'm emotionally drained. I feel like I don't know how I am going to do this :(

Mrs.Mom

Reply by emk2617 » Oct. 6, 2012 7:20am

dsdaye,MrsMeggieMa, Heather1386, tallesss, and Mrs.Mom -Congrats on your new babies! I can't believe how many birthing stories I missed!!!
Mrs.Mom- I hope everything works out well for you, my baby never seems to want to be awake for long at all, all he wants to do is sleep.

Sorry for not responding for a long time! I finally had my little man! I had to go to the hospital Sept. 27 at 11:30pm for an induction with a foley, so painful going in! Got check at 7am had progressed to 4cm from nothing the foley was just laying inside me but no longer in my cervix and started the pitocin . at 11am I was checked again, no progression, so they broke my water anyways. 30 minutes later I was begging for the epidural, most painful thing I think I've ever expierenced between the contractions and epidural! by 3:30pm I was checked again, no progression still and the baby was starting to stress, so they had to turn it down before the check. Doctor said I just had to get a c section, was scared to death, but the c section wasn't bad at all. Sept 28 At 4:33pm my little man James Andrew Patterson was born at 9lbs 5oz and 22 inches. No wonder I wasn't progressing!!! Everything is well at home, I'm pumping since he won't latch do to him having some formula at the hospital cuz I couldn't produce enough milk for him. He is the cutest, most amazing baby ever. He is so easy going, he sleeps most of the time and only cries when hungry and is a cuddlier. I love him so much!!

emk2617

Reply by Heather1386 » Oct. 6, 2012 10:01am

Mrs.Mom I know exactly how you feel. My daughter seems to be constantly nursing. She is now 8 days old and they typically go through a growth spurt at 7-10 days and 2-3 weeks were feed like crazy then it levels off. I think my daughter is in that stage. When she was born she weighed 6lbs 8oz, then weight dropped to 6.6, then 6.2, then lastly 6.1 on monday. We had a weight check on her Friday and in 4 days she now weighs 6lbs 7 1/2 oz almost to her original weight. Hang in there Mrs.Mom. I use nipple cream to help with the soreness. I have been told breastfeeding gets easier with time.

Heather1386

Reply by Mrs.Mom » Oct. 6, 2012 4:06pm

Hi Ladies - Today is a much better day. First, I want to say congrats to all the new mommies!

I gave up on BF last night. I pulled Ruby off the boob and it was all bloody and she was just not happy. I don't think she was getting enough milk from me. So I gave her a bottle of formula and she slept for almost 5hrs! It was a god sent. My DH and I desperately needed the rest. She woke up at 5:30am and I fed her some more formula, gave her a bath and she is now napping again. We enjoyed coffee and a shower! I feel like a new woman today!!

Heather - thank you for the encouragement. I was using nipple cream and called out a lactation consultant. She said i was doing a good job as did the nurse in the hospital so all i can think of is my supply wasn't cutting it for her. I hate that it didn't work out for me but i was on the cuff of a breakdown. Formula seems to be keeping miss Ruby very happy

Mrs.Mom

Reply by flowermommy81 » Oct. 6, 2012 8:49pm

Wow, all these babies are finally here! Congrats to all of you...and another 9 pounder!!! We should start a club! Sorry I haven't been on lately. Between the cluster feedings and the fussiness, it's been crazy on my end. But I am so happy for all of you! I guess I'll see you all on the postpartum forum!

flowermommy81

Reply by flowermommy81 » Oct. 6, 2012 8:51pm

Oh, and I can't wait to hear what you had, Gppacen!! My guess is a girl!!! Hope it went well!

flowermommy81