Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Chances of another missed miscarriage

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by mammyov2 » Nov. 17, 2014 8:46pm

I had a missed miscarriage in February. I caught food poisoning when I was 8 weeks and was really ill for around 10 days. I had a bit of blood when I was 11 weeks so went for a scan which showed the baby had died while I had food poisoning.

I am now pregnant again ( just over 5 weeks ) and I have an 8 year old and 4 year old already. While I am convinced that the food poisoning caused my miscarriage, I am very nervous about this pregnancy and just wondered if anyone has any advice or information for me on my chances of a healthy baby.

I am having an early scan at 9 weeks but I am driving myself crazy with the wait! !

mammyov2

Replies (5)

Reply by aprilluvsmoz » Nov. 17, 2014 8:55pm

Hello,
I understand your nervousness. I was in the same boat as you last year. I just wanted to say that past experiences dont effect future outcomes. I am pregnant now (38 weeks 3 days) with my baby boy. I started progesterone and baby aspirin with this pregnancy and all is going well. Your chances are not that influenced by one loss as many women do have miscarriages some without even knowing. I think I am a good example of that I had a cp and 2 mmc. If anything let your doctor know your concerns regarding this. Best of luck to you to a healthy and happy nine months!

aprilluvsmoz

Reply by mammyov2 » Nov. 17, 2014 9:02pm

Thanx for the reply, I know you're right about past not affecting the future but just can't seem to shake the dread of it happening again. Good luck for your last few weeks :-)

mammyov2

Reply by aprilluvsmoz » Nov. 17, 2014 9:16pm

I'm sure all will be well. Did they find any obvious reasons for the miscarriage last time besides the food poisoning? I have you gotten your progesterone levels checked?

aprilluvsmoz

Reply by mammyov2 » Nov. 17, 2014 9:54pm

No there was no obvious reason which is why i think it was the food poisoning. Haven't heard of getting progesterone checked. How does that work? X

mammyov2

Reply by Hannahh123 » Jan. 4, 2019 6:51pm

Hey, calm down! I am really sorry to hear about your MC. I can understand how heartbreaking that is. However, just know that things aren't always like that. You just need to be more careful this time. Take extreme care of yourself. Apart from that visit the doctor frequently. This will ensure that things are going smoothly. Eat healthily and avoid eating any junk food. Avoid caffeine or drinking. Stay hydrated as well. Good luck to you. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly. Don't be so hard on yourself it's not good for you or the baby. Sending baby dust your way.

Hannahh123