Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Due August 2015

Category: Due Date Clubs - August
Posted by APHBOD » Dec. 21, 2014 2:39pm

I don't know if there is already a forum for this, but I couldn't see one!

Is anyone else due August 2015 and fancy joining a little club? Judging by just the first few days of knowing, and starting symptoms, I think we could probably all do with some support and knowledge-sharing!

If you want to join the club and get chatting to others around the same stage as you, why don't we start by posting your age, where you are in the world, your family situation (if you like) and how far along you are!

I'm Allie, 25, living in Dublin, Ireland. I'm 5 and a half weeks in. I am not married (and never plan to be) but have a very supportive and loving partner.

Who are you? :)

APHBOD

Replies (138)

Reply by awebste » Dec. 21, 2014 11:12pm

Ashley - from Ontario, Canada - 29 and married for almost 5 years - been with husband for 13 years. Just found out that I am pregnant....EDD August 29th ish......will know more once I get to the doc and schedule an ultrasound.

We had a loss in September2014 at 11 weeks - baby measured 8 weeks - so I am being cautiously optimistic and hoping this pregnancy will be happy and healthy.

Can't wait to meet all of you!

awebste

Reply by Ceijae » Dec. 22, 2014 12:58am

Chrissi from Southland, New Zealand. I'm 22, have been married a year and have a 3 1/2 year old daughter to my husband. We lost a baby in October at what should've been 7 or 8 weeks and 4 days (5 week cycles so 8 by LMP but 7 by what most women would be) but showed as 6 weeks and 3 days/healthy on a scan 5 hours before we lost them. Just got a positive test this morning, 4 weeks LMP.

DD: 29/04/11, Dahlia/Dali Lynnette V.
MC: 17/10/14, Gabriel was miscarried at 6 weeks, 3 days.
??: Either going to be Liliana Mary V. or Damian Leo V.

Medical Zebra - I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, either Classical or Hypermobility type but my doctor isn't certain which yet. Also have Raynaud's Syndrome as a result.

Ceijae

Reply by awebste » Dec. 22, 2014 2:43am

anyone having leg cramps? and bad insomnia? blah. this is only the beginning i think! lol

awebste

Reply by JaxyBoBaxy » Dec. 22, 2014 3:57pm

It would be fun!

I'm Jaxy from Baltimore, MD. I'm at 5 weeks 1 day with mine and my husband's first child. Our 5th anniversary is in January, though we've been together for nearly 10 years (since I was 17 - yiiikes).

This will be my in-laws 3rd grandchild and my mother's 1st. Hopefully the baby will cooperate and we'll make this a safe and happy 9 month adventure.

JaxyBoBaxy

Reply by waitin4rainbow » Dec. 22, 2014 5:27pm

My due date is August 4, 2015.
I've been very sick through this pregnancy; had high fever, like 102.8 F/ 39.3C - I hope it didn't harm the baby. I had a scan after recovering from that flu/cold/whatever it was and the bub is doing fine, 2 days ahead, strong heartbeat of 132.
I had an 11 months old baby girl (she will be one in few days) - we had ttc-ing for long 4 years (number of mc, surgery to remove fibroid) before we got our precious baby. We never thought that it will be so easy to get pregnant, we were not trying for sure but we will be happy to welcome a sibling for our baby close in age because my sons from previous marriage are 18 and 16 yo, over 6 feet tall, athletic, smart, adore their baby sister but soon they will be out of the house; so it is nice that our baby girl will have a playmate :)

waitin4rainbow

Reply by awebste » Dec. 23, 2014 1:54pm

anyone else scheduled for a dating u/s? I am scheduled in for Jan 13 - by LMP I would be 7 weeks 2 days. Hoping to see a healthy baby in there!

awebste

Reply by waitin4rainbow » Dec. 23, 2014 2:11pm

Ashley, good luck with u/s on January 13th! At 7+ weeks you should be able to hear your baby heartbeat - the best music for expectant mothers.
I am not sure if I have a dating scan but on January 7th I am scheduled to have a Verifi test (similar to Maternity 21) to make sure that the bub is alright genetically. Also that test tells you the gender, so somewhere during the third week of January I will know if I am team pink or blue.
Is anybody patient enough to be team green? not finding out the gender till the baby born?

waitin4rainbow

Reply by JaxyBoBaxy » Dec. 23, 2014 3:04pm

My first appointment is scheduled for Jan 12th. I'm doing a normal ultrasound too, though after that happens, I will be switching to a midwife. I'm in the process of moving though, so there's no sense in finding a midwife until I move to wherever I'm going to be living!

I'm on the fence about whether to share the gender when I find out. I would like to know only so I can start thinking about names. I will still be "team green" because their clothes are going to be green and yellow. The way I figure, no one but the parents and doctor need that information and I don't want anyone buying me sports/blue and princess/pink crap! We are a gamer household and any children will be nerds and gamers. ;)

I am looking forward to the appt because I'm a little confused about when I actually conceived. My cycles are actually pretty long, but when I took that Clearblue w/ weeks estimator test, it said I was 3+ weeks yesterday. So either I have 2 little brats pumping out hormones and I'm 4 weeks along or I have 1 little brat and I just ovulate really early in my cycle. Neither one is all that weird since twins run in my family and my cycles could be a little weird. So, I guess I'll just wait and see! Really hoping for just one though.

Is anyone having cravings? I'm not craving anything or specifically disgusted by anything, but I wonder how common cravings are? At this point, anything prepared by anyone I don't trust already is a huge turnoff, which is so awkward around the holiday season. A friend baked me something nice that I am crazy about, but when I took it from her, my brain said "If you think about eating that, I'm going to make you vomit right here."

JaxyBoBaxy

Reply by Kbervin » Dec. 23, 2014 3:26pm

awebste- found it!

Hey all!
I'm 30, married for 2 years & been together 7. Due 8/20 with our first and I'm so excited! Our US appt is January 19 :-)

Kbervin

Reply by Maria1981 » Dec. 23, 2014 3:29pm

Hello, I am Maria - from Ontario, Canada. I am due August 28, 2015.

I am 33, have 5 year old boy. Had a m/c in June 2014 and now pregnant again.

Have U/S scheduled for Jan 9, will be 7 weeks by then.

Nice to meet you ladies.

Regards,
Maria

Maria1981

Reply by awebste » Dec. 23, 2014 3:29pm

i am excited for the u/s but nervous....coming off a missed miscarriage in September I am just trying to keep positive and hope that this time around things are ok. I will be "team green" though if things check out - we dont' plan on finding out the gender until birth! It will be our first baby, and my husbands parents first grand baby - so we will be keeping everyone, including ourselves in suspense until the day of.

cravings yes - with this pregnancy and last pregnancy in july all i wanted was pasta and sauce....same thing this time.

@kbervin : HEY!!! :) :)

awebste

Reply by awebste » Dec. 23, 2014 3:30pm

@Mashanasha: I am from Ontario Canada too!!! Nice to meet you!

EDD right now August 29th - but will find out more at my dating u/s Jan 13!

awebste

Reply by awebste » Dec. 23, 2014 3:31pm

anyone having ligament pain? my right side is being quite annoying, radiating achyness down into my right leg. boooo

awebste

Reply by Kbervin » Dec. 24, 2014 2:32pm

No ligament pain here- that's a bummer!
I'm sorry to hear of your m/c awebste, I hope this go around has a much happier ending.
I just discovered that my friend is also pregnant and due two days after me! #veryexciting

I've been tired, and my boobs are sore...that's about all I'm experiencing.

Kbervin

Reply by JaxyBoBaxy » Dec. 24, 2014 3:15pm

Same here. I have a lot of boob pain. Last night, my 4-year-old niece wanted to listen to my heartbeat and I had to tell her to go listen to her uncle's heartbeat. Her rock-hard head jamming into my upper boob was going to be the end of me.

JaxyBoBaxy

Reply by Kbervin » Dec. 24, 2014 4:03pm

@jaxy- I feel ya sister! My husband has a thing for grabbing my boobs constantly & I want to slap his face! Don't they know they pain?!

Kbervin

Reply by JaxyBoBaxy » Dec. 24, 2014 4:48pm

Oh, I've already trained my husband to not grab things that are not attached to him unless he wants me to flick very sensitive things of his.
His main problem right now is wanting to hump like bunnies while I'm feeling sore and kind of nauseous. The news has got him very excited. He's also trying to plan my meals, which makes me want to hurt him.

JaxyBoBaxy

Reply by nreiselpn » Dec. 24, 2014 7:25pm

Hello ladies and congrats, my name is Nicole I'm due Aug 7th my next ultrasound is Dec 31 can hardly wait. I have such bad m/s for the last 4 weeks I'm surprised I'm gaining weight. The doctor says I'm so bloated because of the progesterone supplements I'm taking. I hope so I went from a size 2 to 6 in the last 4 weeks. This is my 8th pregnancy we have 3 beautiful children ages 13 6 and 5 we have been ttc for 2 years now and suffered m/c after m/c so we are crossing our fingers everything turns out this time. It has been reassuring seeing the doctor and having ultrasounds due to the high risk of this pregnancy. Wishing you all sticky beans I'll check back with pictures the 31st

DH and I tcc July 2013 #4
DS 12/2001
DS 6/2008
DD 1/2010
July 13 slow raising hcg ectopic
Nov 2013 normal hcg partial molar 10 weeks
Sept 2014 12dpo 11 14dpo 2 CP
Oct 2014 14dpo 15 16dpo 5 CP
Nov 2014 11dpo 83 15dpo 446 17dpo 864 19dpo 2514

nreiselpn

Reply by nreiselpn » Dec. 25, 2014 6:28pm

Merry Christmas to all just got the best news my little sister is pregnant with her first she is due 8 days before me we are going to have a busy year

nreiselpn

Reply by monroezelda » Dec. 27, 2014 8:22pm

Hi Im Gemma Im 30 an I have 4.children 3 boys an a girl. I had them in order boy boy girl boy :)
Im currently 6 weeks pregnant and really really hoping for a girl. But either way as long as baby is healthy.

monroezelda