Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

PCOS & A Smoker

Category: General - Newly Pregnant
Posted by JamieRawxx » Dec. 22, 2014 5:59pm

I recently found out that I am pregnant, a few months ago I found out I had PCOS, I am also a smoker. This is my second pregnancy and I never quit smoking with my first and never had complications.

But, now I am terrified of something wrong happening, I'd like to do EVERYTHING I can to help prevent complications and miscarriage.

Anyone have any advice on quitting smoking? It's been a battle for 10 years for me.

Sending Light & Love

User Image

JamieRawxx

Replies (6)

Reply by JaxyBoBaxy » Dec. 22, 2014 7:02pm

My grandmother was a chain smoker since the age of 14 and quit in her 60s. She also had a really difficult time quitting despite her 4 children openly showing their disgust (and her husband showing the same, actually). Nicotine patches she said only made her want to smoke more. That and she was a nurse, so it was a stressful job.

What worked for her was sugar-free gum and knitting, curiously enough. For her, it was the habit of opening a pack and all of that that she couldn't satisfy as well as having something in her mouth. Sugared gum made her teeth hurt, so she did switch to sugar-free. She didn't knit anything useful, but she just liked having something to do with her hands. She said that having something to do with her hands when she was relaxing really helped her finally quit.

I know she still has cravings and she doesn't really knit anymore (she's terrible at it anyway), but for at least getting through the first six months, it was immensely helpful for her.

JaxyBoBaxy

Reply by PregNation » Jan. 9, 2015 6:31pm

as humans we're riddled with imperfections so I suggest you take it a day at a time.... I stopped 4days when I got my bfp

PregNation

Reply by monika123 » 18 weeks ago

I am glad you are showing your concerns. I would suggest that you should quit smoking. It is not really safe for your health. Also, start eating healthy food! Good health lifestyle is extremely important. Good luck to you. Visiting a good clinic to help you matters a lot as well. I am saying this from my own experience.

monika123

Reply by SharonMill » 12 weeks ago

Hey there! Smoking is really bad for your health. It even decreases the chances of your fertility. Try changing your routine, do some exercise and yoga, eat healthy food so your body can stay active. Good luck! Stay blessed!

SharonMill

Reply by Karencriss » 10 weeks ago

Hi! Smoking can really affect your fertility. You need to quit smoking in order to conceive. Even if you get pregnant you will face so many complications. I hope you understand this. Good luck.

Karencriss

Reply by saramccartney123 » 10 weeks ago

Hello. Congratulations on being pregnant. People who have PCOS sometimes struggles with conceiving a child. You are quite lucky here. I've heard nicotine patches help in quitting smoking. Please do it as soon as you can. Good luck!

saramccartney123