Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

How do you know when your water breaks and u go into labor

Category: Trimesters - Third Trimester
Posted by daisy_david12612 » Oct. 16, 2012 5:34am

I am pregnant with our first child and i have had a weird day today he has been moving a lot and just a couple days ago he moved down a lot he was under my ribs and now he is in my abdomen more i was bending over today an felt something run down my leg just a little I know i did not pee myself and about every hour i have a light pain go across my pelvis area as well as a pain going down from the top of my pelvis down to my woman area. I just changed doctors because my last doctor would not sit and talk to me she just walked out of the room and i have not meet my new doctor but my last doctor told me he could come any where after week 35 and i am in week 33 she also told me to go ahead and install the car seat and make shore that i packed 2 weeks ago my husband wants me to go to the doctor but i dont fell like it is necessary what should i do plus i live in a house with 2 nurses what do u think

daisy_david12612

Replies (5)

Reply by sw33th34rt » Oct. 16, 2012 2:16pm

I can speak from experience on this one. My water broke at home at 37 weeks. But I woke up and my side of the bed was soaked. A huge puddle, so I called the ER and theysaid to come right in. They said if the fluid is clear and has no smell, it's amnonic fluid.

But, they did tell me when I got there that if it's a gushing, the the leak is low, but if it's trickeling here and there it's higher up and keeps coming in small amounts frequently. At the hospital they will take this dip-strip and test the fluid to see if it's urine or amnionic fluide. They could tell right away it was my water. They gave me a pad to wear b/c it wasn't stopping and it was embarrasing to walk then have to keep stopping for more fluid so they got me a wheelchair. I was only in labor for 6 hours.

sw33th34rt

Reply by daisy_david12612 » Oct. 16, 2012 6:15pm

i am still cramping really bad and i have not keep track of them today but yesterday it was every hour so do u think that i should go to the doctor

daisy_david12612

Reply by AshleyNicole20 » Oct. 16, 2012 9:14pm

If I were you I would go. NO JOKE!! If anything it is better to be safe then sorry!!! If you know it was not pee then its possibly amniotic fluid!!

User Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

AshleyNicole20

Reply by katywinter » Oct. 17, 2012 12:01am

Your water might not "break" before you go into labour, so if you have regular contractions you should call your doctor or midwife. They may just be Braxton-Hicks contractions - if they're an hour apart, it's unlikely to be true labour - but it's better to be safe and get a medical opinion.

User Image

User Image

katywinter

Reply by daisy_david12612 » Oct. 22, 2012 7:40pm

I went to the doctor and they said that it was not contractions but i am measuring 3 weeks big so the are doing an ultrasound and they said that they would run more test if the pain cont...

daisy_david12612