Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

November 2015 - Page 58

Replies (1183)

Reply by Cattsmeow » Mar. 24, 2016 1:37pm

Victoria, I swear Valerie is just like her father. She farts just like him. There's been more than a few times I have thought it was my husband blaming his on her, but nope. She toots with the best of them. Lol.

She's only 4 months, but I think she's ready for baby food. She eyes our food when we eat and she intently watches the spoon or fork and acts like she wants it. We went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese this past weekend and I wore her in the baby carrier the entire time. I was eating a piece of cake and she was trying so hard to get to it, so I put some frosting on my finger and gave it to her. Oh man, she LOVED it. She has also tried some mashed potatoes and loved those as well. She has her 4 month appointment Monday, so I'm going to have my husband ask the doc if we can go ahead and start slowly introducing purees. She's also only getting up once overnight now and has slept 2 nights all the way through. She's still in the rocker overnight, but that's OK for now. We just put our 19 month old into a big boy bed and I am not going to try to switch her out of the rocker until he gets settled.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Mar. 29, 2016 3:33pm

Valerie is so stinking cute. I started Isabella on baby food at 4 months old as well. Pediatrician thought that would increase her growth some. I think that she is finally getting some bulk to her, lol. I don't blame you for not wanting to switch her to the crib just yet. There is always plenty of time for that. Isabella sleeps in her snowsuit and car seat still. She likes the cocoon feeling I think, lol. I will switch her before she gets too big for the seat, but for now it's where she feels safe and secure. How did Valerie's appointment go? Isabella goes tomorrow and I am praying that her growth has increased some. I believe that she is also getting shots too. Poor little thing. That's my least favorite part. We just bought a convertible car seat for Isabella. She loves sitting up in it rear facing so much better than lying down. She looks out the window when we drive. She has also been teething issues. Oh man I feel bad for her. We've had to give her Tylenol just to take the edge off. Has Valerie started teething yet?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Mar. 29, 2016 6:40pm

Victoria, I think that's why Valerie likes the rocker so much. It pretty much cradles her and she likes to sleep somewhat upright. It helps her reflux. And her appointment went great! She is 25.75 inches and 16#7oz now. Her pedi told us to go ahead and start baby food, so we started her out on bananas last night. She loves them. She is also teething. Her bottom 2 teeth are right under the surface and we can see them through her gums. The amber teething necklace we got her has been a life saver. She's almost outgrown it now, though, so we're going to have to buy her a bigger one once we get the money. We also need to get her a convertible car seat. We just can't afford it. We have fallen on really hard times. Our van got repossessed. We're a month behind on rent. Lights and gas are on disconnect and we're having to pay the absolute minimum to keep them from getting shut off. We had to get on WIC, but it's a 2 month wait for food stamps. We had to scrap up money to buy an old beater truck just so my husband could get to and from work. Speaking of my husband, we have been fighting a lot recently. There has been a few times I have wanted to tell him that I am done and that I want a divorce. Which is a big thing to me because I don't believe in remarriage. Marriage is a one time deal for me. But he is so closed off and has been for a year now and I am so over it. We're still working on things, but yea. Urgh.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Apr. 2, 2016 12:34pm

Oh Cattsmeow, I am so sorry that things have been financially rough. I wish that you lived closer. You are such a good person and I only pray for the best for you and your family. Do you think that the stress from being financially tight is causing the problems between you and you husband? It's always such a stressor. We live on a one income household as well. So I can totally relate to your dilemma. Let me talk to my husband to see if there is something we could do to help ( maybe a convertible car seat or something) Hang in there! Hugs...

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Apr. 2, 2016 5:34pm

Victoria, thank you for that post. It really means a lot to know there are still good people who care in the world. :)

And yes, the financial bit is a huge part of it, but it is definitely not all of it. My husband is in denial about suffering from depression and it is really affecting our relationship, as well as his relationship with our kids. He doesn't spend any time with them anymore. He comes home from work, sits on the couch, and veggies out watching TV or playing video games. He won't talk to me about it and when I try to force a conversation about his depression, he either clams shut or gets highly defensive and agitated. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, so I get it, but I also know that he needs help and he is denying that. I seriously think he's bipolar and needs chemical help. Our financial situation is just making it worse.

Mostly when I start thinking that I want a divorce is because of his inattention to our kids. They are too young to understand mental illness. All they know is that Daddy isn't paying attention to them and when he is, it's usually him snapping at them or losing his temper. That is when I start thinking about just packing me and the kids up and leaving. I've told him that he can not expect an almost 6year old, a 1 year old, and a 4 month to understand mood swings. They're just kids. And he doesn't seem to get that. Plus, he makes it near impossible to talk to him about it because he doesn't think he is in the wrong.

It's all just very frustrating.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Apr. 3, 2016 9:41am

Cattsmeow: I definitely understand mental illness and the toll it takes on a family. Praying for the very best outcome for all of you. On a side note, I was looking at Walmart online for convertible car seats and found a couple of sweet girl ones. Safety 1st Guide 65 Convertible Car Seat, Chateau and Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Abigail (this is the one Isabella has) as well as a few others. Just let me know if one catches your eye that is priced under $100. I can have it shipped site to store at your local store (and you as the pick up person) or directly to your house. Just let me know what you are comfortable with. Hang in there sweetie.

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Apr. 4, 2016 5:21pm

Victoria, it certainly does take a toll. I've suffered depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember and it has affected every aspect of my life. Which is why I am pushing for him to get some kind of help. I don't care if it's peer counseling, going to a therapist, meds. As long as he gets the help and stops taking it out on us. (He is not abusive in any way. If that was the case, I would be long gone. Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt.) I'm currently off of my meds because we can't afford the doctor visit to be reevaluated, but I've been doing a lot of yoga and meditation to help. My son's have even started doing it as well. It's amazing how much it helps. I'd even be OK with it if he did the yoga with me.

As far as car seats go, I am not picky. I thought our infant seat expired in November of this year, but turns out it has been expired since last November.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » Apr. 7, 2016 7:50am

Hey Cattsmeow,

Would you like me to do site to store pick up at your local Walmart or would you like me to mail it to your home address? If you'd like to give me a cal 603.361.9947 or send me a pm on Facebook that would be great. I'd like to order it and have it shipped asap.

I am glad that the yoga and meditation are helping you. It really stinks that it's so financially tight for you right now. Just let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. If it's within my grasp to do so, I will! Hugs....

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » Apr. 7, 2016 8:09am

I'll PM you on Facebook.

I am ready to scream. Like majorly. The only thing stopping me is that it would get Brandt and Valerie riled up and screaming again. My ever so sweet children are trying to drive me insane. Valerie has 2 teeth coming up and has been screaming nonstop since 5am. Brandt has been up my butt since then, as well. I seriously can not put him down. He slapped me in my face, and caught my eye. So my eye is all swollen and the white of it is all red. I think he scratched my eyeball. Tyler threw the most massive tantrum while getting ready for school. He kicked me and slapped Brandt with a Hot wheel. Oi! Is there something in the water making my kids absolutely freaking nuts today?

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » May. 3, 2016 11:38am

So it's been a while, I was just thinking about you ladies and wanted to check in!!

Hard to believe it's been over a year since we all found out we were pregnant.
Asher update: He got his first tooth Sunday (5/1/2016), we're still exclusively breastfeeding, haven't introduced solids yet, scooting around, starting to sit up on his own (although he has been "starting" that for a while lol) but he can almost get there all by himself now, before we were holding his legs and he could sit up. He LOVES his sisters, he cuddles my 12 year old when he wont cuddle anyone else, and he thinks my 7 almost 8 year old is the funniest person in the world, she doesn't even have to do anything and he laughs at her. He is a bit a clown, fights sleep HORRIBLY, loves music, and his mommy and her boobs are his favorite thing in the world. HAH! He is an easy baby for the most part, just extremely active and once he goes he is going to be into everything. He is already walking around in his walker pulling stuff off tables and low lying shelves. He weighed 16lbs 7ounces at his 4 month check up and now he is nearly 19lbs about 6 weeks later LOL

Anyway how are your babies doing?

Jessica
Wife to Jeremiah since May 10, 2003
Mom to Alyssa Faith November 14, 2003
Autumn Brooke May 15, 2008
Our October 30th, 2014
Asher Jeremiah November 24, 2015
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by thecronins722 » May. 9, 2016 8:26am

So great to hear from you. Glad to hear that Asher is rocking breastfeeding, and getting so big. Isabella has finally reached 15 lbs 4.2 oz. She is getting ready for her 6 month shots tomorrow morning. She is a full-time sitter now. She has been sitting up on her own since she was 5 months. She loves to hang out in her jumper and Walker for play time. She has yet to cut any teeth, but has been teething for the last several months. She is a very happy and smiley baby. She is eating solids already and I think that is why she finally reached 15 lbs. I will be interested in seeing where she now falls on the growth chart. She use to be in the 20% for weight and the 57%for height. She's my little peanut! How are you doing? How are your girls doing?

-Victoria

thecronins722

Reply by Cattsmeow » May. 9, 2016 10:02am

Jessy, so glad to hear Asher is doing so well!

Victoria, yay for sitting!

Valerie is still just a supported sitter. She'll sit on her own for about 30 seconds on her own before she slumps over. She kicks too much to sit yet. Lol. She's almost crawling though. She gets her knees under her and then lunges forward. She's starting to get up on her arms, though, so it's only a matter of time. All of my kids have crawled before sitting on their own, however. Still no teeth, but holy drool everywhere.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » May. 13, 2016 9:58am

These babies are growing so fast!

Hi ladies!!! how are your other children doing? And how are you both doing?

Victoria, she sounds perfect to me. Some babies are just little!

Valerie sounds like a funny little thing, and BUSY!!! I love it!

Asher has had a tough week, I guess we have been passing a cold around our house. He has been struggling with it for over a week. My mom said he cried a LOT yesterday.. breaks my heart!
My girls are doing great! We started my youngest daughter Autumn on ADHD medication and that has helped her a LOT! She will be 8 Sunday, and has her first ballet recital next weekend.
Alyssa had a band concert last night and won best Sax. Plus she was the only 6th grader to go to a band competition from her band and she won an award there with her older cousin. She also went to a math competition last weekend and her group won first place. She is such a nerd, and I completely love it! She also doesn't look like a nerd so boys notice her (YUCK!!!!!!!) I just hope that doesn't distract her!

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » May. 13, 2016 6:04pm

Jessy, poor Asher. I hope he gets to feeling better! I'm also glad the medication is helping your youngest. And yay for your oldest! She sounds super smart!

My boys are doing pretty good. My oldest, Tyler, is doing amazing at school. His last day is the 25th. I think we finally figured out his meds, as he's been on his current dosage since January. I do want to see about lessening it for the summer, though, and then going back to the current dosage when he goes back in August. He also lost his first 2 teeth, and has one adult tooth. He is definitely going to need braces, as it is looking more and more like he got my bad teeth. (I have genetic gingivitis. Nothing I do will change that.) But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Brandt is doing just as well. He has hit the terrible twos. Still haven't gotten him off the bottle, but I'm not even fighting him about it anymore. He'll give it up when he is ready. We have said we aren't buying him anymore bottles, so once he has chewed through all the nipples, that's it. But yea. He's showing more interest in potty training. He will screech and scream until I put him on his potty chair in the mornings when he first wakes up and then again right before bed. During the day is a different story, but I'll take it. Lol.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » May. 16, 2016 8:43pm

Jessyann: That stinks that Asher has been sick. Here's to hoping he kicks that nasty cold soonYour girls rock!. My kids are doing awesome. My oldest just bought a $5,000 Toyota Corolla she saved up for. Yay for not having to drive her around! My little ones are starting private Catholic school in the Fall. Very excited for this move from public to private school. Our three older children went to private Catholic school until 8th grade and then they opted for public highschool. I will be giving our little ones that same option. Time flies way too fast. Our children are growing at an exponential rate. I just wish it would slow down a bit. Isabella is now sleeping better during the nights. She actually slept through the whole night last night. As for me, I am doing well. I have gained some of my weight back, which is upsetting. I am now in the process of losing it again. This time forever, lol. My mother's health has declined so much that we are now moving her in with me. Once she gets to the point of needing more advanced care, we will look into a nursing home. Until then, she will live with us.

thecronins722

Reply by jessyann1985 » May. 17, 2016 2:02pm

Catts,
That's awesome I'm so glad you found the right dosage for him! Sorry for the bad teeth though, that stinks! Some people just have teeth issues, it happens! We have a friend that recently lost one of his front teeth due to bad teeth, yet his sister (my best friend) has beautiful, perfectly straight teeth and was lucky enough to not have wisdom teeth.
Potty training is one of my least favorite things about raising children lol. Glad he is kind of working towards it on his own! That's awesome!

Victoria,
That's wonderful that she saved up and bought it herself. What an important life lesson! And so much fun! Glad you are happy with your move to private school.. I sort of wish we had that option here. Unfortunately the private school we do have does not meet our needs.

Asher seems to be on the mend, Autumn however ended up on antibiotics when we went for her med recheck.
We have awards day coming up soon for both girls! Excited about that! Our oldest has signed up for advanced classes, band (again) and we found out she is on a 12th grade + reading level. She blows my mind with her brilliance sometimes!
It has rained so much here and I'm SO tired of it. Also found out that my coworkers get on my nerves when I'm not pregnant too so that's disappointing lol. I was really hoping it was just hormones! Oh well...

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » May. 23, 2016 7:33am

Jessy, bad teeth does suck. I've been made fun of all my life because of my teeth and I don't want my kids to go through that. And I loathe potty training as well. Brandt is in a size 6 diaper already and is pretty much too big for them. I'm trying to wait until he is communicating better with words before full out trying. He will be 2 August 1st, but he's a little behind verbally. I had to laugh when I read your coworkers still annoy you. Lol.

Victoria, I saw on Facebook that your kids are sick. I hope they get to feeling better quickly!

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by jessyann1985 » May. 27, 2016 12:07pm

I'm sure he is fine! My brother wouldn't talk for a LONG time and finally decided to start talking around 2.5 lol

Victoria, I hope your babies are feeling better!

Asher had his 6 month check up yesterday. He weighed 19lbs 3ounces, 28 inches long and his head was 17.5 inches. She said "he's growing!!"
He got three shots and then the oral rotovirus stuff. He also got a prescription for Bactroban because he has impetigo on his leg, that started as a bug bite and then spread quickly. Ugh I felt so bad! We have also been watching his ears. I'm probably going to take him and Autumn to the chiropractor next week. He goes for an ear recheck the same day as his sisters well child check up.

How are your babies (big ones included) doing?

Jessica
Our October 30th, 2014
User Image

jessyann1985

Reply by Cattsmeow » May. 27, 2016 8:56pm

Jessy, I'm not too worried about Brandt's verbal skills just yet. I honestly think he's just a late Bloomer, but his doctor is throwing around the word autism and it has me a bit freaked.

Tyler is officially on summer break. I have a first grader now. Wow. Lol. He got 2 awards on the last day. Perfect attendance for 4th quarter and most improved. I am so proud of him. I hated pulling him from his original school, but this class he is in was a brilliant idea. He has done so well in it. He will be in this class all the way through 3rd grade, but his teacher wants to try sending him out to other classes for lime math or social studies this fall. She thinks he can handle that, as he was already going to art, music, and PE with a first grade class.

Brandt has his pre-op appointment with the ENT on the 20th. I'm getting nervous. He had another severe ear infection, following a sinus infection that was allergy induced. So not only will he likely be getting tubes put in his ears, he may be getting his adenoids taken out as well. We're also waiting on a referral to an allergist. He's got seasonal allergies just like me, and the Zyrtec isn't helping them. He's also been breaking out in hives and we can't figure out what it's from. We've changed laundry detergent, bath soaps, bubble bath, and everything else we can think of and it still happens. And it's usually on his face. No issues breathing or anything, just hives. =\

And Valerie is doing so amazing. She's still not quite sitting on her own, but she does it a little longer every few days. She LOVES floor time. She has so much fun rolling everywhere and man, can she get around that way. Lol. She is still trying to crawl. She tries so hard and I don't think it will be much longer before she gets it. She hates being confined to her rocker now unless she's taking a bottle or sleeping. She still sleeps in it overnight, but that's because she will fall asleep in it and I'm afraid I will wake her if I try to take her out of it. Lol.

A 10/31/2006
T 4/22/2010
A&J 9/21/2013
B 8/01/2014
V 11/17/2015

Cattsmeow

Reply by thecronins722 » May. 31, 2016 12:51pm

Hello Ladies,

Things have been very busy in my household lately. My mother has moved in and I have been taking care of her and the kids as well as the household chores. It's going well, just very busy. All the kids came down with pertussis and were subsequently put on antibiotics. They are finally doing well. Isabella and my six year old got hit the hardest. At least everyone is now on the mend. Glad to hear that your kids are doing so well. It's so exciting! Isabella is doing well. She weighs in at 17 lbs now. She sits, rolls and does the army crawl on her back and tummy, lol. She absolutely loves her jumper and being in an upright position. She is still babbling momma, which I love. She is such a darling little girl. Her sleeping stinks though, lol. She gets up frequently during the night to eat. I think it's a combination of teething and growing. She sleeps exclusively in her crib now, yay!!!! As for my other children, they are doing well. Matthew will start karate in the Fall. Therese and Abbey will start gymnastics as well. All I can say is busy, busy, busy lol. How are you ladies doing?

-Victoria

thecronins722