Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Pregnant after a loss and terrified!

Category: Special - Pregnant After a Loss
Posted by Lindsayrs » May. 8, 2015 12:42am

My husband and I had our first loss on October 26th 2014. We have 4 children and never thought it would happen to us! Our baby was lost at 10 weeks 1 day. I will be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow and it seems like I'm just waiting for the loss, every trip to the bathroom I pray before I go that there will be no blood. I hate not being able to enjoy this pregnancy and I feel like a failure after our loss last fall so much that I still haven't set up a first ob appointment. Any advice or stories of a successful rainbow baby are appreciated!

Lindsayrs

Replies (28)

Reply by aprilluvsmoz » May. 11, 2015 7:09pm

Hello, First off congratulations on your new pregnancy. I can definitley relate. I am 26 and to date I have had 4 pregnancies only 1 resulting in my son. Prior to him I had a chemical pregnancy and two missed miscarriages after confirmed heartbeats. It wasnt until this pregnancy I took progesterone with baby aspirin and additional folic acid that it stuck. We dont even know if that was the magic cocktail or I just had terrible luck. I remember going through my entire pregnancy waiting for the worst to happen, we didnt even tell anyone until I was 21 weeks. I know its hard to say but try to not let your worries or concerns get the best of you and enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. I lost so much time, while I was very happy being pregnant. The sadness I felt about not knowing what could happen ruined alot of good moments for me. I do believe now that I was waiting for my son and he was meant for me and this baby could be the one that is meant for you too. I am so sorry for your previous loss, but luckily you are extremely blessed to have your other children. Best of luck and if ever you are worried please contact your doctor and let them know your concerns thats what they are there for.Eventually you will get to the point in your pregnancy that it will hit you that everything will be alright. Best Wishes!

aprilluvsmoz

Reply by Lindsayrs » May. 14, 2015 3:01am

My first ob/ultrasound appointment is tomorrow. I'm so nervous I fear the words "there is no heartbeat".

Lindsayrs

Reply by aprilluvsmoz » May. 14, 2015 6:22pm

Everything will be fine. Just go in there positive, Best of Luck!

aprilluvsmoz

Reply by thomasanddawnxoxo » May. 23, 2015 3:58pm

I am right there with you. We lost our son 3 years ago. I was 25 weeks when my water broke and after 7 days of hopefulness in the hospital I went into labor and our angel just wasn't strong enough to survive. It broke my heart and I never thought I would want to be pregnant again. But here I am 5 weeks and terrified! Somehow we need to find a way to relaax and enjoy our beans. I know its hard I freak over every twinge and symptom (,or loss of) my BBS were sore since 6 dpo and this am they aren't. I too expect to see blood everytime I wipe. Hope all goes well at your appt! Best wishes and fingers crossed for a strong heart beat!!

Reply by kwwmjt » Jun. 1, 2015 3:49pm

my daughter was stillborn 1 year ago and we have had multiple miscarriages since. I will be 10wks this weds and honestly there is nothing you can do but wait until your baby is born. Have some faith but know it is most certainly out of your control! Enjoy every day you are pregnant and don't regret or dwell on the unsuccessful pregnancies. This pregnancy is new and different, cherish it!

kwwmjt

Reply by dazzyshahu » Sep. 2, 2017 5:45am

Welcome friend at this open online platform. I want to congratulation for you to your pregnancy after miscarriage. I can understand your physical and mental stage at this time. You should not lose hope. You can easily overcome any type of pregnancy related problem in medical way. I am here for you to provide valuable information to solve your problem and provide full help to get healthy baby gift in your life to enjoy endless happiness in your life that is dream of every woman to enjoy labor fruit and their life. It is right time to make proper planning to avoid stress and depression in this horrible situation. You can choose right method to overcome stress and depression with yoga and meditation to get full relaxation to get maximum benefits to get healthy baby. It is very horrible to remember those days of my life that are full of stress and depression due to my multiple miscarriage problems. We consult many gynecologist of Ukraine to get permanent solution of my problem.
I want to suggest you some easy and effective tips and tricks that you should keep in mind to avoid all type of problem during pregnancy. You should live healthy lifestyle with easy morning walk and easy exercise that is very important to provide proper blood supply to all body for summer working. You should understand importance of stress free and depression free life with proper hormone balance in your body. You should choose right posture to sit and sleep to avoid miscarriage possibility. It is time to learn from your mistakes to overcome any type of problem during pregnancy. I am waiting for your reply to get good news soon.

dazzyshahu

Reply by leostacy » Oct. 8, 2017 1:57am

hello dear. I know it's very hard for you, but at the same time it is your most precious period as well. Since you had some really bad experiences in the past. Please stop worrying. what happened in the past, let it be a past. I hope you stay positive. Enjoy your time and just stay strong. There is always sunshine after dark .keep us updated about your health. Much love.

leostacy

Reply by ellastle » Oct. 14, 2017 12:47pm

hello lindsay first i would like to congratulate you on your pregnancy and girl stop worrying too much be positive that your baby will be owkeey and that you will also be fine.make sure your going to your doctor and your eating right to am wishing you all the best dear.

ellastle

Reply by lidiahall » Oct. 20, 2017 12:46pm

hey dear i think that you should keep calm am sure this time round everything will go well for you just make sure your taking extra care.your eating right and your keeping intouch with your doctor.avoid stress be positive that your doctor will be owkeey.

lidiahall

Reply by xyssommuppen » Oct. 28, 2017 9:16am

I can understand the fear and the uncertainty. I have been in a situation similar to yours once. I lost a child after 26 weeks of pregnancy. The next time I was expecting with IUI, I was so scared. It was like I was always waiting for the ball to drop. Scared if the history will repeat itself again but thankfully, that time my son was born healthy and normal. Hopefully, this will be the case for you too. Prayers and good wishes for you.

xyssommuppen

Reply by axipekett » Oct. 28, 2017 11:25am

"Hi, Lindsayrs,

I'm really sorry to hear you had a miscarriage last fall. Definitely not a good feeling, but you cannot be so negative about this time... I'd advise to enjoy every moment of your pregnancy and always hope for the best. Good luck!"

axipekett

Reply by purdiebillieb » Oct. 28, 2017 11:42am

Pregnancy is supposed to be a time of excitement and hope but experiences like the one you had can leave a lasting impression. I hope that your fears are put to rest and that your pregnancy goes along smoothly. Best of luck for your job. Do let us know how it went. I hope you get a strong heartbeat.

purdiebillieb

Reply by elloceqorro » Nov. 8, 2017 12:55pm

Feel like giving you a hug dear!! Don't worry so much. All is going to be well. Don't let the losses in past overshadow your current happiness. Just stay happy and enjoy. Your depression and anxiety are neither good for you nor your baby because thinking and talking about your problem is kind of an addiction to break that habit and feel your joy. Keep us updated regarding your and baby's health.

elloceqorro

Reply by acanatty » Nov. 8, 2017 1:58pm

Hello dear! This time I wish that you succeed in your pregnancy. I am sorry for your loss and me also happy that you are again pregnant. I don’t want to dis heart you as I just want to tell you that if still something bad happens don’t lose hope. Tell your husband that you both can still have a baby through surrogacy. I also had my baby a few years ago through surrogacy as I cannot become a mother because of my heart disease.

acanatty

Reply by callisy » Dec. 6, 2017 6:26pm

I am sorry for your loss and do hope taht one day you will manage to get pregnant and give birth. All the best.

callisy

Reply by jennyjoe » Mar. 27, 2018 11:56am

Hi there! I'm sorry for your loss. Personally not able to conceive so I dont know how this must feellike. But im sure its devastating. I wish you can get through this. Look at the bright side. you have 4 beautiful children already. Many don't even have that. Good luck for your future. Don't lose hope!

jennyjoe

Reply by jennyjoe » Mar. 27, 2018 11:56am

Hi there! I'm sorry for your loss. Personally not able to conceive so I dont know how this must feellike. But im sure its devastating. I wish you can get through this. Look at the bright side. you have 4 beautiful children already. Many don't even have that. Good luck for your future. Don't lose hope!

jennyjoe

Reply by Blessed75 » Mar. 27, 2018 12:15pm

Stay calm, this the solution. It is not necessary that the fate will repeat again and again. If it happened previously, it must be because of some malfunctioning. I think nothing can harm you much then your own stress. Stress is the ultimate killer. Things that are not likely to happen might happen because of the undue stress and tension. I hope that your journey will continue smoothly and you will have your dream in your lap soon.

Blessed75

Reply by AnnDoucette » Apr. 3, 2018 1:43am

Hello dear.So sorry to hear that you have this loss.It's so hard to cope with it.I had this difficult time in my life.That time I was healthy 20 weeks pregnant.I become heartbroken and shattered.I could never face the tough time ever in my life.It is the worst day in my life.People around me didn't want to talk about it or share my feelings.It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through.After a couple year, I was slowly but surely move it.I am trying again.Luckily this time I got success.Now I am 12 weeks pregnant.Hoping for good things happen this time.I wished that you have positive success soon.Best wishes to future mum.

AnnDoucette

Reply by emma_grey » Apr. 4, 2018 6:48pm

Hi dear. So sorry to learn that you have miscarriage recently. It's so difficult to adapt to it. I had this troublesome time in my life. That time I was sound 20 weeks pregnant. I ended up sorrowful and shattered. I would never confront the intense time ever in my life. It is the most noticeably worse day in my life. People around me would not like to discuss it or share my feelings. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through. After a few years, I recovered from such shock. I attempted again. Luckily this time I got success. Now I am 12 weeks pregnant. Surely, there's always an ease after every hardship. I will pray for your success too. Best wishes for the future mum.

emma_grey