Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

March Babies 2016 - Page 21

Replies (425)

Reply by Lolo1176 » Mar. 12, 2016 3:52am

Just curious but did they give you Pitocin for each of your pregnancies? My Chiropractor said that Pitocin can make you swell up and can cause the swelling. I'm sure there are other reasons behind it. One of the NICU nurses said that it's all the extra blood flow that has no where to go so it pools down to your feet and legs. So I am sure that there are many factors to the legs and feet swelling...but it truly sucks and makes it very hard to walk and move around. My feet actually have tears and stretch marks because of the swelling...OMG it hurts. But thankfully it is going down.

I have been having an issue with eating enough lately but I have definitely been drinking a lot of water. The hospital gave me this great big see-through plastic mug type thermos for ice water and I have been using it a lot here at home...it has become my favorite drinking mug...lol. So definitely been keeping hydrated...just gotta keep the nutrients going into me...it's just hard when you are not hungry.

I don't really recall stomach pains...but I definitely had an increase in the heaviness in the pubic bone area and my back was killing me. But I also I had this feeling the night before and even said to Drew that I hope I wasn't jinxing myself because the day before I had decided to wash our bed sheets and have things ready and straightened up because we were having that cleaning crew coming that next day. Sadly now they are not able to come until the 21st of this month. But we are still getting it done. So, that night, just in case I had put a towel down and slept on that. Well, on the bright side my water did not break while I was in bed...LOL! But it did break that morning. So maybe wash your bed sheets and maybe you will jinx yourself too...lol.

As for the stools...I felt more constipated than anything. As well as suffering from period like cramps.

Querdoodle: Wow! A month already! I can't believe Monday will be 2 weeks for us!

I am so sorry about the breastfeeding issue you are having. I know how badly you wanted to continue with that and how excited you were when you thought it was working out for you this time. I personally would give anything for Connor to not suck on me as hard as he has been...but the nurses and the doctor say it's a normal latch and all I hope for is that it stops hurting when he latches on.

They told me too, to feed every 2-3 hours and at night it can stretch to 4 hrs...but sometimes I just can't get him to wake up to feed until 4hrs or even a bit past. But I do try. Sometime he will only latch on for a few minutes get a bit to drink and fall back to sleep. And then there is times that he latches on and drinks for 40-60 minutes. I know they tend to say 15 minutes per a boob...but then he starts crying for more an hour later. It's still a learning process for me. It's hard because my DH and my mom keep telling me to let him sleep when he isn't awake 2-3 hours after feeding but that's not what the doctors say to do. So I am always confused on what's right and wrong. I figure at night I let him eat as much as possible and then during the day I am trying to limit it. I am hoping the more my milk comes in the more he will eat and not take as long to eat. But I also think he falls asleep while we are feeding and he ends up using my breast as a pacifier...lol.

I know they typically say not to pump for a month until you have successfully gotten the breastfeeding down...but while I was in the NICU they had me pump when he wasn't drinking enough to help my breasts get stimulated. Now I feel like I should continue with the pumping...I haven't yet but it would be nice to have a bottle on hand for a time that I cant get in a feeding in time. That happened to us yesterday and I couldn't get the chance to sit down and feed him until 5 hrs after the last feeding. But he was fine, he slept in the car until we got home and I fed him once I got some food in me. But it is really hard to stop and get a feeding in every 1-1.5 hrs. I feel like every time I turn around I am whipping out my boob for him. I have actually stopped getting dressed at home because it's easier to just lift up my night shirt/PJ top to feed him.

My plan for after breastfeeding is to continue pumping and give him my milk through a bottle for as long as possible. But I definitely plan to start pumping soon so others have a chance to feed him and this way I get a break. I do enjoy the bonding between us but I am getting tired and if he needs to get that much milk in him all the time then my DH can help...lol.

I hope I am not making you feel bad by sharing my breastfeeding experience so far. The reason why I am telling you this is because I understand your frustration...and there is nothing wrong with doing both, supplements and BF if that is what you want to do. My mom says back when we were born, they didn't have pumps that she knew of so she too did both. But I believe its a choice and if you decide to wind down then at least your child got the early milk that is considered important. Most doctors say to make sure you at least BF for a week or 2...and you did, so great job Mama!!!

Me:39
DH:40

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey.

1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit
2 step kids...
Boy: 13
Girl: 12

Lolo1176

Reply by Lolo1176 » Mar. 13, 2016 4:01am

Hey ladies,

I meant to share this with you earlier and kept forgetting.

For those of you who are having or have had a vaginal birth...you should Google "padsickles". I saw them on Pinterest and remembered them when I got home and I started to get extremely uncomfortable down there in the lady parts. The only suggestion I have is, once you let them freeze overnight, take a couple and move them into the refrigerator...unless you enjoy the feeling of possible frostbite going on down there...lol. But the cooling feeling is helpful. It does feel a bit gross...but the witch hazel and aloe helps with healing...the faster it heals, the happier I'll be.

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey.

2 step kids...

Lolo1176

Reply by Querdoodle » Mar. 13, 2016 4:50pm

Lolo - I am definitely not upset hearing about your bf experience. I think it's great that it's working for you. As for the conflicting timing for feedings, you should just go with the flow and do what feels right for you and Connor. That'll be the right thing. He sure is a cutie.

I did make the final decision to wind down the breastfeeding. I'm only pumping once or twice a day now. Still offering the breast when he's hungry. So he has some breast milk at the start of a feeding, then finishes up with a bottle. I'm still taking the domperidone and probably will keep taking it until my supply has dropped quite a bit. I would like to be able to keep giving him some breast milk until he's 8 weeks. I'm just not putting the effort in to maximize the supply anymore. That was taking up all of my time and both of my kids deserve more of my time than a breast pump does. It's been a few days now since I learner the news and I'm coming to terms with the whole thing better now. Yes I'm disappointed but I refuse to let it consume me anymore. I know that I've done the best that I can do with the hand I was dealt and both of my children have benefited from what breast milk I have been able to provide for them, even if it wasn't their sole form of nutrition.

Querdoodle

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Mar. 14, 2016 1:04am

Querdoodle: Thank you! Of course I think she’s gorgeous but I might be a little bit bias… Hah! I’m so sorry to hear about your breastfeeding frustrations. I know exactly how you feel because it’s what I went thru with my son more or less. I was able to feed him until nearly four months but it was with a lot of supplementing towards the end and one morning I woke up and the milk was just gone. No pain, nothing. I’m so paranoid about it happening again so I feel I’m constantly either feeding Caroline or pumping. I’m not sure it’ll stop another abrupt stop so I’m freezing what I can and praying this string of good production continues. But I hate that it has been so traumatic for you.

Lolo: I’m so glad to hear you and Connor are both doing well. And I can’t wait to see your pictures. I’m, like, 90% sure everyone is going to be sick of seeing Care’s by the time I’m done. But yeah, there’s nothing more frustrating than having a baby who’s difficult to burp. Caroline is kind of like that, I seem to be the only one who can consistently do it. My trick is pressing baby’s belly gently to the curve of my shoulder and patting the back pretty firmly starting at the tailbone and working my way up before restarting at the tailbone again. It has cut down significantly on her spitting up. Maybe it’ll help Connor.

Lala: Congratulations! I can’t wait to hear the full story! Did no one on your Facebook know you were expecting??

AFM, I am just about completely healed, minus actually letting my stitches dissolve and I am so thankful. I was so terrified of having another cesarean and am so glad it’s behind me and I’m able to move on with my life. And I got these amazing kids to now enjoy. We are settling in nicely as a family of four and perfecting our individual roles. We went and saw the Easter Bunny and are preparing for both Easter and St. Patrick’s Day. I wish we could do more to celebrate the latter but maybe next year. I think that’s all that’s really new… Just trying to enjoy every moment without rushing it (a challenge since I can’t soak in a hot bath until I’m released at six weeks postpartum…) and record every detail to memory.

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by lala_0412 » Mar. 19, 2016 4:16am

Hi ladies!! I am finally getting the chance to sit down and write something. I have been on oxycodone and ibuprophen since she was born.

Saturday I took the kids to Toys R us to get new work books,flash cards and a toy and wipes that were $11.99 a box Couldn't pass that deal up! I also had lunch with a friend but throughout the day a could tell something was going to happen soon. Well I hurried home and the contractions picked up around 10:30/11. We went in around 12. When we got there my water had not broke and the contractions were not progressing. After hours upon hours they decided C section was best. Not something I planned on but if it meant holding my baby sooner that was fine. Since I had spine surgery and my curve was 75 I told the anesthesiologist that doing a tap would be nearly impossible but she insisted. After about 20 hard pokes and me arching my back and screaming in pain they decided to put me to sleep. When I woke up there was daddy and baby. They checked her temp and it was 94.2. So we decided to do some bonding time hoping it would help. It did not. They wisked her up to the NICU where we after testing her sugars found out those were low as well. They hooked her up to a sugar/water IV. I spent every 3 hours going from my room to the NICU to feed her. They tried to tell me if I give her formula that she would be off the IV sooner but that was not something I wanted to do. Her sugars were good and they would lower the amount and eventually took her off. I went back up for a feeding and she was hooked back up. They said the numbers dropped again. The next time I went up they told me the machine wasn't reading right the whole time and she was probably only getting 1/4 the amount they thought she was getting. They told me she had to have 3 good readings and she could come downstairs. With my milk coming in it helped. Well after they 5th reading I'm sitting there in tears because they told me I now had to wait 12 hours. Thank go for shift change as the new nurse came in standing her ground and hearing my frustration and took it upon herself after arguing with the doctor to let her come to our room. We left Thursday at 10:30. We are home and I am still in a lot of stomach pain. I had my tubes removed so not sure if that's part of it. Amanda any clue? Is it from the incision or is this normal? Maybe her uterus shrinking??

lala_0412

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Mar. 19, 2016 2:48pm

Lala: Aww, I'm sorry you ended up having to have surgery but yes, you will feel pain in the tummy as your uterus shrinks. Plus you're swollen and your nerves are in shock. It'll lighten up after a few days and, by two weeks, you should feel almost back to normal, though you have to still take it easy. I'm at three weeks and we're solid, I can do everything I need to do short of really heavy lifting and intimacy. But I'm glad to hear Lailah is doing well after her unexpected entrance. She's so darling!

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by lala_0412 » Mar. 19, 2016 6:29pm

Amanda: Thank you!! And thank you for your help. Yes. I can feel my uterus is rock hard under my belly button. I don't remember this pain from normal birth. But now I can say I have experienced it all. I also had my tubes removed which I feeling a lot of regret for doing. I know 4 is enough but I am young and feel like what if my mind does change down the line. Smh. I should have just went with an iud. But what done is done. I am also suffering from a little baby blues. I think with so much happening I am just a basket case.

lala_0412

Reply by Lolo1176 » Mar. 23, 2016 4:02am

lala_0412: Hey girl! Wow! Sounds like you had quite the ordeal. How's recovery going for you? Connor had the same problem with regards to his sugar levels. Sadly his first feeding had to be a small amount of formula. But after that it was strictly breastfeeding. They also had me going up to the NICU every 2-3 hours to feed...I was so exhausted! I was so glad I got to stay the night in the NICU with him after I got discharged...lol...actually got some sleep.

Laylah is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy for you that she has arrived! YAY!

AFM: I am hanging in there. I am tired but getting naps in periodically. Just glad Connor sleeps a fair amount at night...most of the time it's 3-4 hours. Then I spend about an hour up feeding and changing him and then rocking him back to sleep then if lucky he will go back in the bassinet and let me sleep another few hours...lol.

Emotionally I think I am doing better...I did have a breakdown the other night but thankfully DH got up in the nick of time to help me out...Connor had had bad gas and 5 dirty diapers in an hours time...I was so tired and hadn't gone to bed yet.

At the moment I am feeding him and then hopefully gonna give him a sponge bath. Even though his umbilical cord fell off and his penis has healed I find it easier to do sponge baths. Especially when it's late like this but I haven't had the chance today and he is starting to stink a bit...lol.

I am waiting until my announcements go out before I post any of the professional baby pics on FB but I will work on posting a few on here under the baby pics section. So check back periodically.

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

2 step kids...

Lolo1176

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Mar. 24, 2016 12:28am

Lala: Aw, sweetie, I hate hearing that you’re having second thoughts about your tubal. I wish that our situations were reversed because I’m worried about not having mine done. DeWayne assured me that he could handle scheduling his own procedure but he’s still procrastinating. I am two weeks from being released (hopefully) and he’s in for a rude awakening if he thinks I’m kidding about no ding-ding without the snipping. I may get an IUD regardless, just to be on the super safe side… I know I’m done though. I admire you so much. It’s comforting knowing there are women out there who are just natural-borne mothers. I love my children more than I love anything ever created and I wouldn’t change being their mother for anything but I second-guess myself way too much. Even if I wanted any more kids, I’m not sure my nerves could take it… Besides, the thought of the complications I’d have from another pregnancy gives me the heebie jeebies… I can definitely see the appeal if challenges such as these didn’t exist so my heart goes out to you.

Lolo: I’m glad to hear you are feeling better. Those first couple of weeks are always tough and you’re definitely going through it alone. But your little prince is definitely a cutie pie. I can’t wait to see more of his photos.

AFM, I managed to survive the last week’s breastfeeding trial and am glad to say we are back on track (I believe I was just dehydrated thanks to my enthusiastic return to sodas…), managing to make it the first whole month (as of Friday) exclusively breastfeeding. With Sebastian, my milk didn’t come in until he was three or four days old and then I wasn’t nearly so informed back so I supplemented, which would explain the sudden loss of my supply when he was four months old. I don’t plan on making the same rookie mistakes this time around. I’m feeding her whenever she prompts (usually every two hours during the day and three hours at night but sometimes it’s hourly) and squeezing in a pump when it looks like it’s a two-hour rest. Plus I’m drinking tons of water, snatching up protein wherever I can, and now I have had to give up dairy products… For three nights in a row, Caroline wasn’t really sleeping well. Every time I would put her down to sleep, she would grunt and strain like she had belly pain and she was tooting like a wildebeest. I had just discovered Chick-fil-a’s frosted coffee and put two and two together. I had become lactose intolerant while pregnant the first time and he had to go to sensitive formula before outgrowing it so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it’s now affecting his sister. I don’t think I had much sensitivity when I was pregnant this time but I do recall some itchiness in my throat. Since I have gone non-dairy and used some gripe water, we’re both managing much better. I am adjusting to getting less sleep and my princess is on a semblance of a schedule so I’m back to being useful as a homemaker. Just in time too because my dingdong of a husband agreed to let his mother host Easter at our house. Her brother, his wife, their two kids and their spouses, plus a total of five children are coming in from out of state. They have also invited DeWayne’s brother’s bunch (eight total) and my parents, who have to bring my grandmother. With her and her husband, plus my bunch, there’s going to be twenty-six people and all but two are eaters. Honestly, if he had better life insurance, he would have to be really brave to do this mess to me. It wouldn’t be so bad if my baby had a stronger immune system and I wasn’t always the only one left with the mess… *Sigh* User Image

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Mar. 30, 2016 4:55pm

I know we're all busy with our now larger families but I hope everyone had a great Easter and are enjoying the start to Spring! We are in full swing teeball and, with DeWayne working nights, I'm left with everything but surviving the stress has me absolutely feeling like Super Woman again. I believe they call it getting my power back. I work better under pressure, all by whispering to myself that 'I'm okay, we're okay, I'm doing the best I can and that's okay'. I go next week to be released too so I'll be back to normal, even though it sucks that my Care Bear is growing so fast (her newborn clothes are getting rather snug...). But now Mommy will be able to take bubble baths again so everyone will be happier. Hah!

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by Lolo1176 » Mar. 31, 2016 10:16pm

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing?

I can't believe it has been a month already!

I am doing better but still feel like I am recovering if that makes sense. My feet aren't as swollen but still a tad swollen (mostly they just feel funny) and I am still sore in my girlie parts. But was told by the nurse that that's normal...still healing. Oh and my back has been killing me. I will also be glad when the bleeding has stopped. Because that is he most annoying, having to wear a pad for over a month or so SUCKS!

Connor is still a pretty good baby for the most part. He definitely has a set of lungs on him when he wants to be fed or is having his diaper changed...lol. Granted I have learned that most of the time he's not a crier when I feed him first then change his diaper. Only problem with that is he tends to pee and/or poo while I change his diaper...like I don't wait long enough to change his diaper after a feeding. *Sigh*

I think the gassiness has gotten a bit better though. He has been making a strange squeaky sound at times before he spits up or pukes up breast-milk. I hope that's normal. My husband says I am worrying too much. Maybe so, but this is all new to me. And now that Drew is back at work I feel like I am doing this all myself.

Amanda- Yes we did have a pretty good Easter. Sadly Drew had to work so Connor and I went to my parents house and spent it with my family. We are still celebrating it with my in-laws but not until April 16.

I agree about the growing part...Connor is starting to outgrow some of his newborn clothes too. It's kinda sad... but OMG the kid eats and eats and eats! Sometimes I am feeding him every hour for almost an hour it seems. On the bright side I almost fit in my old jeans again and I have lost 6 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. The only pants that that fit are my maternity dress pants...the maternity jeans keep falling off and my other jeans are still a bit tight.

Well, the little prince is starting to wake up. So I gotta get going.

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

2 step kids...

Lolo1176

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Apr. 7, 2016 1:53pm

Caroline is six weeks old today. *Sniffle* Where's the pause button? She's beginning to be awake for longer stretches during the day and sleeping for four hour stints at night. *Knock on wood* And this morning she has been so smiley and cooing a bit. I was starting to think she didn't like me because I got one non-random smile last weekend and that was it! So her grinning at me today has been the best. It makes me feel guilty too because we expect more from our children as they grow and our day is less often made by just a smile. *Sigh* Anyway, we're on Spring Break now and Sebastian is finally on the mend. As y'all saw on Facebook, it's strep yet again. DeWayne and I are discussing a tonsillectomy, which is scary, but Dew had his out at six because he was constantly sick so it looks like we're on the same path. But it's surgery and I'm really uncomfortable with agreeing to that. But we're going to enjoy our time now before he goes back to school. I'm going to take the kids to bounce place today before grocery shopping and then we're all going to Six Flags tomorrow. We have memberships but haven't used them since December so it's time. If Care cooperates, maybe I'll get to ride a rollercoaster with my son for the first time. I hope y'all are having a good week!

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by Querdoodle » Apr. 11, 2016 3:35am

Amanda - I can understand your dilemma over the operation. It's not an easy decision to make. I hope he's feeling better and that you had a good spring break.

AFM - for the past 4 weeks I have been having some pain in my last breast. The lactation consultant had told me that it was just vasospasms so I never went to see a doctor about it. But
last Sunday I woke up in excruciating pain on my left breast. I thought maybe I had a plugged milk duct because I could feel all of these hard lumps even after I pumped. It hurt so bad I didn't even want to breastfeed. By midday I had developed a fever and terrible chills. Achy all over and a headache. As the Tylenol would kick in, I would get cold sweats so bad I would be drenched from head to toe. It was awful. Sunday was the same so I went to the hospital where the Dr confirmed that I have a breast infection, mastitis. What I thought was plugged ducts was actually inflammation. He put me on antibiotics for a week which I finished this morning. I am feeling much better now however I still feel a few lumps in there which I believe is still inflammation. When I see our family doctor this week for John's two month follow up, I will talk to her about it.
Unfortunately this infection took an already low milk supply and cut it in half literally overnight. Now that it's finally feeling normal, I'm trying to increase the supply on that side again. John has only been getting about 30% of his daily intake from my breast milk but it's better than nothing. But if I can't get my supply back up to where it was before, then I may start working towards weining him off the breast. The only thing is that John really loves nursing. Sometimes it's the only thing that will settle him down if he's over tired or fussy. It's a huge comfort thing for him. My daughter wasn't like that at all. She viewed it as a food source, and a poor one at that, so she didn't care when I finally weaned her at 5 months. John will be a much bigger challenge when that time comes because he enjoys it so much.
I can't believe he's already 8 weeks old. Where is the time going?

I love seeing pics of all your little babies on Facebook. It's great to see how everyone is growing.

Querdoodle

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Apr. 11, 2016 8:49am

Querdoodle: Gees, that's rough! I'm glad you got it figured out but owww! Question: Can you/do you drink unsweetened tea? A lady at my church mentioned it when I was struggling with my supply so I tried it. I drank it all day (decaf with a spoonful of sugar because I'm Southern) and water and boom! So any time I feel even remotely low I drink it and it really seems to help but no idea why. I also gave up all caffeine (except in chocolate...) because it dried me up too. Just a thought...

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by Querdoodle » Apr. 11, 2016 2:14pm

Amanda what type of tea? I am a huge tea drinker, I am a huge David's tea fan so I have about 30+ different kinds of loose leaf tea. I generally drink as many as 5 cups a day. Lots of green and white teas. But also lots of caffeine free ones. I also have one that's got raspberry leaf in it which is supposedly known to help increase supply.

Querdoodle

Reply by Amanda_McDaniel » Apr. 11, 2016 8:24pm

I drink black tea but, if you drink that much, I'm not sure just a different type would help. I'm sorry.

Amanda_McDaniel

Reply by Querdoodle » Apr. 12, 2016 12:41am

I will remain hopeful that I will be able to get that left side back up in production over the next week or so. But honestly, I spent the first 4 weeks stressing out SO Much over a low supply, I refuse to allow myself to stress again. Not worth it. Even right now with the left side producing virtually nothing, he's still getting probably 5-7oz each day of breast milk which is still better than nothing. And I'm ok with that.

Querdoodle

Reply by Querdoodle » Apr. 12, 2016 12:56am

Lolo - before our babies were born we had discussed circumcision. We had our son circumcised and it wasn't nearly as terrible as I had feared. He healed perfectly without complications. Did you end up getting Connor circumcised?

Querdoodle

Reply by Lolo1176 » Apr. 19, 2016 4:46am

Hi Ladies,

Connor is 7 weeks today! I agree with Amanda...where's the pause button? Granted it's a bit frustrating at times when you can't figure out why the LO is crying. Most of the time it's because he is hungry and OMG this LO is hungry ALL the time it seems. I mean shoot I only get to pump a couple of times a day because he is always hungry and I feel like I never put my boobs away...lol.

At the moment Connor is sleeping...so I decided to come on here and catch up. Wont be for long though...I think he is starting to stir. The only time I get anything done around the house is during these precious few hours when he is sleeping for a long period of time. Or when my mom comes by to watch him in the afternoon to visit and get her baby fix in and to help me out a couple times a week. I look forward to the day when I can get a long enough shower to wash my hair at least twice a week instead of once a week...lol. Thankfully the shampoo I use lets my hair last pretty much a week before I need to wash it...but still, *sigh*, Connor just stirs every time I get close to doing anything for myself.

On some plus sides...I am finally done taking the Lovenox shots!!! YAY! The doctors office said I had to take them till I was 6 weeks postpartum...so as soon as I reached that 6 week mark I was celebrating. LOL!!! This Wed I have my follow up postpartum appt with my OBGYN and I am hoping I can get Connor in for the free weigh in at the hospital they have at the hospital between 10-12. I don't think I can wait 2 more weeks for his next appt to find out how his weight gain is coming along.

I am personally starting to feel better. The bleeding has officially stopped and now I am hoping the cramps will go away soon and that my feet will feel better soon as well. The swelling is pretty much gone but it does tend to come back.

Amanda_McDaniel: I am so glad your son is on the mend. Surgery is always a tough decision. But having your tonsils removed, from my understanding, is a pretty routine procedure, and if it helps him stay healthy in the future? Well, if I were in your shoes I would do it. But I do understand your concern.

I hope you had a fun Spring Break with the kids.

Querdoodle: I am so sorry to hear about your infection and pray it's all clearing up. It does sound painful.

I have noticed that the nursing with Connor has become a comfort for him as well. Even when he is super tired...he will cry and cry and cry, and when I plug him in he will drink for a little bit and pass out for a few hours...lol.

To answer your question...yes we did have Connor circumcised and thankfully (according to Drew and the doctor) it has healed perfectly. I didn't know what I was looking for when I was checking him out. Sadly when he was having it done, the doctor did it in his NICU room and had us wait in the waiting room, which happen to be in the room right next door. So we got to hear him screaming through the wall...OMG I could not stop bawling and so badly wanted to run in and tell them to stop...lol. They swore to me that it wasn't that he was feeling it being done (because they numb the area really good) but the reason why he was screaming is because no baby likes to be strapped down. But that was really hard to go through.

OK well, Connor is starting to stir so I gotta run...hope you ladies are doing well!

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

2 step kids...

Lolo1176

Reply by lala_0412 » Apr. 19, 2016 5:45pm

Hi ladies!! Sorry I have been so MIA. Being a mom of 4 is hard work! Sheesh!

I am back to work next week due to a promotion and will be working part time for a few weeks so hopefully I'll be able to catch up more then and ask some questions that I need answers to! Laylah turned 5 weeks Sunday and while it makes me very sad it also gives me joy. I have come to terms with her being the last and I am very excited for the trips and adventures that are in store for us!! We are discussing Bahamas next year February. I'm excited! Laylah will almost be a year and I'm hoping by then she is on her way to the sippy cup like LeBron was so I can enjoy a cocktail or two. I love nursing and won't stop until she's done but man, does it drain you or what!!! Hopefully when I start running again next week I get some energy back.

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your babies and the nice weather as much as I am!

lala_0412