Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Ok, so... who is going to find out the gender of the baby?

Category: Due Date Clubs - March
Posted by ravilma » Sep. 15, 2011 1:35pm

I am almost 16 wks now and me and my husband are deciding about finding out the gender of our baby at the 20 wk scan. I have found out with my first child and I loved knowing... But my lovely husband would like to keep it a secret! As it is his first child, I think I will give up and join the "want it to be a surprise" category. What about you? Tell us your story now!!! ;-)

User Image

ravilma

Replies (12)

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 15, 2011 3:42pm

I always knew I wouldn't want to know the gender so I was very happy must huband felt the same way. So we didn't find out - I'm just about 31 weeks. I am soo excited for the moment when He tells me what the baby is!!!!

Shannybum

Reply by ravilma » Sep. 15, 2011 5:08pm

Yeah I can understand that. At the beginning I wanted to know (I am naturally impatient person), but now I think it must be great feeling - that moment of surprise when the baby comes. Thank you for sharing! :-)

ravilma

Reply by Shannybum » Sep. 15, 2011 5:46pm

I figure by the time you can find out - you're halfway there!! Why not just keep going - aslo I would never 100% trust that they will be right! And finally, I have saved so much money since I can't really buy anything for babe!

Shannybum

Reply by lowesm » Sep. 16, 2011 1:14pm

We are going to find out whether we're having a little boy or a little girl!
I told hubby that I wasn't sure whether I wanted to know as it would be a great surprise, but he said he "needed" to know so we could get prepared with clothes and decorating the nursery. Do you have a feeling to what you might be having? I have had a couple of dreams that I am having a little girl....so it will probably end up being a boy lol
Take care xxx

lowesm

Reply by ravilma » Sep. 16, 2011 4:30pm

When my friend was pregnant, she thought she is having a girl as she was dreaming about having a little girl. And it ended up being a boy! So maybe you are having a boy :-). I think I am having a boy. I already have one and had the same feeling and same symptoms. No nausea, just headaches now and again. But a little girl would be cute - all those dresses ha ha!

ravilma

Reply by NewMommy07 » Sep. 16, 2011 11:00pm

We're going to find out what we're having. I'm much too impatient to wait another 20 weeks to know what my little nugget is! I've been dreaming constantly about a little girl that's mine, always older though. I have a feeling it's a girl and my hubby thinks it's a boy so either way one of us has a 50/50 chance of being right! haha

Maybe with the next one I'll be able to wait and have a surprise, who knows! I commend everyone who can wait until delivery to find out cause it has to be fun to have a surprise!

Heather
User Image

NewMommy07

Reply by peachesnkreme » Sep. 18, 2011 1:56pm

I am so impatient. I want to find out so bad. I keep having dreams its a girl. One of my sisters came up to before I even told her I was pregnant and told me it was a girl. Really freaked me out. I already have a DS so, one of each would be nice, but my gut feeling is boy, so we'll see. Either way we will be happy!

User Image
Abbie

peachesnkreme

Reply by yasminesa » Sep. 20, 2011 9:49am

I confess I don't have the patients to wait, as soon as they say do you want to know what you're having "Yes, yes, tell me!" plus dh and bil are dieing to know what I am having.
Although be warned my bff was told with her 2nd that it was a boy, she went into labour and came out with a girl lol her poor partner had to go change all the blue things for pink (i think the sonographer mistook the umbilical cord for something else)

One gorgeous daughter, Baby #2 (my little surprise) on the way xXx Yasmine

User Image

yasminesa

Reply by ravilma » Sep. 20, 2011 8:19pm

Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories. It's great to read about it! I think most of you IS going to find out - which is interesting :-). I have to admit I am too impatient also! This will be soooo hard for me to wait! x

User Image

ravilma

Reply by sweetpea016 » Sep. 21, 2011 1:09am

I am trying to wait! i keep telling my husband that i am indifferent. as long as i'm not thinking about it i am fine not knowing.....i guess i'll hold out as long as possible.

sweetpea016

Reply by emma~joey~and~baby » Sep. 21, 2011 1:24am

We aren't finding out the gender of this baby. This is baby #3 for us, and we have one each. Both times, we found out at our u/s...well, actually, we were so impatient with our son that we paid to find out at 15w! lol This time we have decided to keep it a surprise, and I can't wait for that moment when I hear my husband say "It's A ___!!" We already have clothes for either, so I'm gonna wash a few outfits for both genders and bring them with us. I'm not huge on gender neutral clothing. DH isn't totally set on not finding out, but he just likes to know everything! Lol You really only have to get through that ONE day of the ultrasound, if you make it through that 30 or so mins, you're in the clear! :) GL!!!

ETA: I'm not due in March, but this kept showing up and I thought maybe I could offer a little insight! Please excuse the intrusion! :)

Melissa- Wife to David since 6.28.2008
Adoring Mommy to Emma Raen (3.10.09) and Joey Michael (9.5.10)
at 11 DPO- 8.19.11
Baby #3 is on it's way! :)
Beta #1 @ 14 DPO- 40
Beta #2 @ 17 DPO- 132
Beta #3 @ 21 DPO- 834
Beta #4 @ 24 DPO- 2262
Beta #5 @ 31 DPO- 11605

User Image

User Image

emma~joey~and~baby

Reply by Bagera » Sep. 22, 2011 8:39am

I am also opting for a surprise baby and have brought everything unisex yellow and green. Everybody is shocked because they know what an impatient person I am!

Bagera