Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Lovenox

Category: Special - Pregnancy Complications & Testing
Posted by Lolo1176 » Sep. 10, 2015 3:49pm

Hi,

I have just been put on the Lovenox shot a week in a half ago. Ugh, not a fan and praying it gets better.

DH and I have been trying for 2 1/2 years, had 2 early m/c's in week 5. I was on baby aspirin but my hematologist told me to stop the baby aspirin and put me on the shot. 8 years ago I had 2 blood clots in my leg and one in my lung...from a foot surgery. They have checked my blood and all was clean. But because of the history and that my dad also had blood clots, they decided to put me on a one shot a day, just to be safe. Until 2 days before my due date...guess we will have to schedule it instead of letting it come naturally. I wanted to have the option of an epidural. Then after the baby is delivered I go back on it for a month and a half.

At the moment I do one shot a night, starting on the top right and the next night go to the top left of the belly. Then I go to the right of belly button to the left of the belly button. Then I go to the bottom right to the bottom left. Then start over. But as I am getting firmer it's getting harder to pinch the fat in the area next to the belly button. Thinking of just doing the 4 corners instead.

Is there anybody else that's doing these shots and how do you do it? Do you hate the look of your bruised belly as much as I do? It's not terrible...it's mostly on the right side right now, but yuk. Really glad the pregnancy is in the winter so nobody will be looking at my belly much...lol.

Me:39
DH:40

EDD March 17, 2016
Arrived Feb 29, 2016!

Please check out my page and you will see a whole list of things we have been doing for this whole TTC journey.

1 Fur child (cat)...named Kit
2 step kids...
Boy: 13
Girl: 12

Lolo1176

Replies (0)

There are no replies yet. Be the first to reply to this topic!