Pregnancy Discussion Forum

Recent Forum Activity
Forum Categories
Start a New Topic Hide Signatures

Gender Determination

Category: Trimesters - Second Trimester
Posted by juliechristine » Sep. 28, 2015 4:08am

So we had a 19 week ultrasound a few weeks ago and asked the tech if we could find out the gender. Sure enough she told us we would find out at our next doctors apt. which I was a little bummed about but totally understood that was their rules. However, she brought me if to do the first half of the apt. with a full bladder, and then after about 15 mins told me I could go pee and invite my husband and son in. During the second half of the ultrasound, we got to see a bit on the screen but then she had me flipping to each side trying to get a picture of something. Finally she told me to go walk around the waiting room so baby would move. After 20 mins we came back in, and she continued to flip me onto one side to the other side. I didn't get to watch everything (although my husband did). She kept saying she needed to see the spine. Ok all that to say we left and she mentioned as well left we would tell the doctor the gender. So fast forward a week, we have our doc apt and are told its a boy. Two weeks later, I have a dear friend who works in emerg. and I asked him if he would do yet another ultrasound since I barley saw anything at our first. during it (which he did not have been flipping around to each side) he shared with us he was not good enough to tell the gender however if he had to take a guess he thought it was girl. And trust me, based on what I was looking at there was NO penis and a white line. He kept saying, that white line makes me think it is a girl. Now I am so confused, is it silly to think maybe it is a girl and the tech just could not get a good angle while the doc did?

juliechristine

Replies (2)

Reply by emly21 » Aug. 26, 2018 2:08pm

Majority of the doctor told about gander trough ultrasound. But I think it's not good. Having children does important. Boy or girls does not matter. Don't waste your time on these things. Just stay relax. I wish you will have a healthy baby.

emly21

Reply by emly21 » Aug. 26, 2018 2:08pm

Majority of the doctor told about gander trough ultrasound. But I think it's not good. Having children does important. Boy or girls does not matter. Don't waste your time on these things. Just stay relax. I wish you will have a healthy baby.

emly21